2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these current gen games... cuz most (if not all) current gen stuff doesn't come with manuals. Or are you talking about cover art inserts? I ask because I see you mentioned Outer Worlds.
They were all PS4 games. Not necessarily manuals but you know those things inside the case, like promotional stuff, warning/warranty, booklets. All my games came with original case and cover art surprisingly

Couldn't help myself, got a Zelda doormat as free shipping filler for a low tier B2G2  ;)

The 15% does work once your surpass $100, but some titles seem to trigger the B4 under 15 for $30 so need to remove those titles. 

Looking at my account I have 833,000 lifetime points. I think the vast majority of those came from those amazing Redbox flips with the additional 50% bonus a few years ago

Looking at my account I have 833,000 lifetime points. I think the vast majority of those came from those amazing Redbox flips with the additional 50% bonus a few years ago
LIFETIME POINTS: 1,734,528

lol yeah those redbox flips were great. Ended up being banned from redbox and gamestop trade in's for a while...

Between this b2g2 sale and the one from a few days ago, I managed to get Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Gold Edition, The Outer Worlds, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, The Long Dark, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, Mad Max, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition for around 10 each, not bad.

With all the price adjustments just unenthusiastically remade a cart incase they improve the B2G2 to $29.99 later this week  :shock: Nothing I really want for the collection and the retro "sale" was really lame.

They really need an actual trade-in promo so they can get some stock back!  :p

That also includes another 15% from Rakuten, well shit, I'm all in!!

edit: I'm getting a $40 off switch digital promo for Yoshi's Crafted World x2. I think it's just $20 off the original $60 price though.
Might want to read the details- it's up to 15%. It's 3% on used games, accessors, collectibles and apparel. So I guess new games get 15%..? Which seems odd.

Might want to read the details- it's up to 15%. It's 3% on used games, accessors, collectibles and apparel. So I guess new games get 15%..? Which seems odd.
It says all other 3% for me and 15% for Product Replacement Plans, Pre-owned Games, Gaming Accessories, Collectibles and Apparel

Im trying to get from games for the B2Gs 19.99 and under but a lot of the DS games seem to not work for the deal while others do. I wonder whats up with that, Its also like that for some of the Wii games as well despite them being $19,99

Can you still use Gamestop credit to buy gift cards for Hulu or Netflix? I know they nixed using it for brick and mortar retailers awhile back but wasn't sure about stuff like that?

Just received one of my games from the B1G1. It came in a generic case and the case was cracked, so it can't even close. I've ordered from GS over 25 times over the years and have never had this problem, until they switched to FedUpExpress. It's one of my free games. The one that I paid for is still processing. Hopefully I can find a case at my local store. Anyone else get a busted generic case?

DSC00372.jpg

Just received one of my games from the B1G1. It came in a generic case and the case was cracked, so it can't even close. I've ordered from GS over 25 times over the years and have never had this problem, until they switched to FedUpExpress. It's one of my free games. The one that I paid for is still processing. Hopefully I can find a case at my local store. Anyone else get a busted generic case?
It's GameStop, it happens often.

Oh yeah, all the time. Last time I took one like this to my local store to try and swap it out, the new manager wouldn't allow it. So YMMV on that, the old manager did it for me all the time. Good luck!

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00372.jpg
All the time. I just toss them or save them in a box for future trade-ins

I called Gamestop today about my order I placed last Wednesday, guy said there was an issue releasing releasing tracking info to buyers last week (uh...interesting) and that my games actually "shipped"...today...and I'd get them by Wednesday. Plugging in the USPS tracking info brings up something that looks like a legit tracking number, but it hasn't actually shipped yet.

So...who knows. I don't know. I wanted to pick up a few more games with today's sale, but I'm wary. Just such a mess.

For the 30% extra trade in bonus for Cyberpunk 2077:

If I have $71 in trade in value before bonus, does the 30% still apply to everything? Even though it would be well above the total cost of cyberpunk?

Lol... I just did an order on BigLots! since they're doing a 25% off + 15% 1st order (need some more furniture for the kids to destroy) and it allows you to put multiple items for pickup at different stores + delivery ALL on the same order. I was amazed! If only Gamestop website was as functional as Biglots of all place!  :rofl:

At least DotDs seem to be back! 

20% off a preowned game.  Further back it was a generic ebc code.  So cags here would upload a new one every couple of months.  Any time you needed a preowned game.. it was your birthday. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back