2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you get if you don't mind me asking? I'm scrapping for stuff like Goldeneye on xbox 360 and I'm almost certain it would come in bad condition/disc only.
Mainly stuff that held value to flip and keep a few. The unicorn princess on switch is going for $35-50 depending on condition and that was $19.99, so I got a couple of those along with R3Make, katamari reroll, and I can’t even remember what all I got honestly. Like I said I got the stuff I wanted to keep them sell a few to get some of the money back invested

Updated

All my items shipped, I compiled a list to keep track of all games. Red titles came incomplete, grey haven't arrived & green is complete.

RE3 :ps4:

Nioh 2

MediEvil

HZD: CE

Code Vein :ps4:

God of War

Splatoon 2

Madden 21 :ps4:

Doom Eternal :ps4:

Ace Combat 7 :ps4:

Star Wars Jedi: FO :ps4:

MLB The Show 20 :ps4:

The Last of Us II

The Last of Us II

The Last of Us II

Mario Tennis Aces

Yoshi: Crafted World

Yoshi: Crafted World

Bayonetta & Vanquish :ps4:

Bayonetta & Vanquish :ps4:

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim

Star Wars: Squadrons :ps4:

Star Wars: Squadrons :ps4:

Azure Strikers: Gunvolt :ps4:

Azure Strikers: Gunvolt :ps4:

A Plague Tale: Innocence :ps4:

A Plague Tale: Innocence :ps4:

Predator Hunting Grounds

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
ASxjxkM.jpg

Got more packages coming tomorrow, with the final batch coming on the 3rd. Happy to get a Azure complete.

Do they charge you a refurb fee for trading in a game with a busted case?
You should not get hit with a referb fee. Someone in here was saying that GS is going to start requiring cases on trades a few weeks ago, but I do not think there is any confirmation that will happen. I kind of doubt it will, but would honestly be in favor of it.

Do they charge you a refurb fee for trading in a game with a busted case?
No, but they sometimes give you looks with a bunch of carts without cases, and I try to avoid standing out when I'm flipping. I'm also far less likely to lose it if it has a case

I just tried the $5 monthly PUR code on a Series X controller and it worked. You have to copy and paste the code in the promo code box.
Weird. I tried it on NBA 2K21 and wouldn't work. It's not a deal of the day

Is it not possible to cancel pre-orders online? I'm trying to cancel my Cyberpunk 2077 preorder since I was able to get an order in at BB... I see the option but keep getting an error. 

EDIT* nevermind, worked after 4 tries. 

Customer Service, but they'll probably give you a scripted line of waiting 2 weeks or something
Yep, I'm still missing 3 x $30 coins (gotten 7, used 6) and they will say "You need to spend $300 in a single transaction" when clearly that isn't the case (I haven't spend that much in one purchase at all) so I'm about ready to just take the loss as I have no clue which transactions weren't "counted" as I seemed to have gotten PUR points for them all correctly. :oldman:

It’s hard enough getting customer service to honor straightforward offers that are missing, I don’t think anyone is getting a missing spend $300 get $30 cert, I will be impressed if you do.  Let us know the reps name if you actually get one that can help!  Sarah was one I got that helped with a few past issues, but not a $30 cert.  She requested a replacement for a kingdom hearts figure that they sent me something else, I got a shipping email that it was sent, but instead of it just being blank, it has its own order number and looks like they charged again for it.  Anyone ever had that happen?

All the time. I just toss them or save them in a box for future trade-ins
Thanks, I just got back from trading in my one game that I received so far, without any problems. I was able to use my $5 monthly PUR coupon and a $5 cert on a $35 Xbox gift card.

They were busy packing orders to ship out and there was a big pile of stuff. The manager said "I don't want to be here when the Fedex guy gets here". Now I understand why they don't have accurate tracking, because the Fedex guy just loads all the packages without scanning them when he picks them up. It's too much work for him/her to scan over 100 packages before they leave the store.

So after my B1G1 was split for partially shipped, the tracking for the copy that was supposed to arrived today has no info and it says to contact the carrier; which is fedex. What is going on here? They haven’t cancelled my full order yet either

Quick question for the GameStop regulars. Ordered a new copy of 13 Sentinels last week, along with a filler game to hit the free shipping threshold. However, got spooked when others were reporting the possibility of GameStop mailing gutted copies of new games, and placed a second order from Amazon too. Received the Amazon order first with everything as expected, so once the GameStop order finally came in, I went today to my local store to return the games. There was no issue getting the return, but the associate gave me cash back for the return, as opposed to a credit to my CC. The order was placed with a CC.

Is that typical in that situation? It’s not necessarily a problem, but it did strike me as weird, given that practically every other store (Walmart, Target, BB, etc) issues refunds in the same form as the purchase was made. I don’t normally shop at GameStop unless it’s last ditch, so was more curious than anything else.

Quick question for the GameStop regulars. Ordered a new copy of 13 Sentinels last week, along with a filler game to hit the free shipping threshold. However, got spooked when others were reporting the possibility of GameStop mailing gutted copies of new games, and placed a second order from Amazon too. Received the Amazon order first with everything as expected, so once the GameStop order finally came in, I went today to my local store to return the games. There was no issue getting the return, but the associate gave me cash back for the return, as opposed to a credit to my CC. The order was placed with a CC.

Is that typical in that situation? It’s not necessarily a problem, but it did strike me as weird, given that practically every other store (Walmart, Target, BB, etc) issues refunds in the same form as the purchase was made. I don’t normally shop at GameStop unless it’s last ditch, so was more curious than anything else.
Happens sometimes, usually with new employees.

I got 2 copies each of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl because of the B2G2 and all 4 games i got are bootlegs. Do they not check them before shipment? 2 of them are obvious by the sticker and the pother 2 are obvious by looking at the back of the cartridge. Id hope they would get better at this but i guess they dont get enough returns to care

I got 2 copies each of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl because of the B2G2 and all 4 games i got are bootlegs. Do they not check them before shipment? 2 of them are obvious by the sticker and the pother 2 are obvious by looking at the back of the cartridge. Id hope they would get better at this but i guess they dont get enough returns to care
They don’t show employees how to spot fakes, had a few fake copies of Heartgold and Soulsilver last time I ordered.

I received 11 games and all had cases. Dreams do come true.

I ordered Metroid Prime Hunters 3 times this summer, and got the First Hunt demo each time. With their turnover, they'll hire anybody, and they're not trained to spot fakes. Little Jimmy isn't going to notice a bootleg as long as it still plays, so the return rate is probably pretty low.

Also, they probably hate their job/life, so whenever I get a soundtrack or bonus DVD instead of a game disc, I just imagine the employee looking at it, saying " fuck this guy" and shipping it anyway.

I’ve had good luck when Pokémon games are shipped from their Texas warehouse, and terrible luck when shipped from a store.

I got plenty of games already and won't be getting a new system soon so I didn't get anything during the holiday sale. But I did get $100 gift card on sale at Dollar General.

I've been mainly using my monthly $5 reward on PSN cards. Really wish you could use the reward for that or a membership renewal online though.

For once GameStop didn’t disappoint. Everything from the B1G1 showed up complete and in good condition. Kingdoms of Amalur was even brand new and sealed.

Last night during the B1G1 I grabbed:

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive (nsw)
Ghost of Tsushima (ps4)
Trials of Mana (ps4)
Granblue Fantasy Versus (ps4)
Maid of Sker (ps4)
Kingdom of Amalur re-reckoning (ps4)

$102 shipped / avg $17 per title. Not bad. Everything has shipped except for Granblue and Tsushima. Fingers crossed. Been burned on these deals in the past.

Just in case any one cares, the Fortnite switch is available for shipping.  I saw it yesterday but figured it would be sold out by now but they still seem to be available.  Used my $5 monthly, $15 and $25 online certs to bring the price down, basically pays for tax.

Does anyone know or can confirm it's a V2 version with the better battery life?

This is very common. My rate of fake Pokemon DS games from GS is around 30-40%. When the older GB/GBA games are in stock, you have a much better chance at getting authentic copies.

I received 11 games and all had cases. Dreams do come true.

I ordered Metroid Prime Hunters 3 times this summer, and got the First Hunt demo each time. With their turnover, they'll hire anybody, and they're not trained to spot fakes. Little Jimmy isn't going to notice a bootleg as long as it still plays, so the return rate is probably pretty low.

Also, they probably hate their job/life, so whenever I get a soundtrack or bonus DVD instead of a game disc, I just imagine the employee looking at it, saying " fuck this guy" and shipping it anyway.
I had that same issue with Life is Strange. There are some titles that you just can't risk buying from gamestop sight-unseen it seems. With a demo like you're talking about, that means that someone missed it at least twice -- taking in the trade and shipping it at least, possibly a lot more along the way. It's not like someone took the game in as the wrong title; they took something in that they shouldn't be taking at all.

Silver lining? At least you didn't get empty cases.

Just in case any one cares, the Fortnite switch is available for shipping. I saw it yesterday but figured it would be sold out by now but they still seem to be available. Used my $5 monthly, $15 and $25 online certs to bring the price down, basically pays for tax.

Does anyone know or can confirm it's a V2 version with the better battery life?
It’s the V2 with better battery life. Of note here: you used online coupons and THEY WORKED? This is unheard of

As mentioned, Quests seem to be delayed or not tracking. 

Sniper Elite - Kills haven't registered

Hot Shot Racing - hasn't registered he log in

As for the GwG: Saints Row Gat Out of Hell - I originally downloaded it to my 360 and I had no issues dling to the X1 just now. Even started the game with no issues.

Dang, Sorry, wrong thread.

What's a good cheap console I can get. Hoping for something along the lines of the PS Classic that already has games loaded onto it. Don't want to spend more than $50. Everybody I've seen on FB/Craiglist is hiking the prices up on their stuff since it's almost christmas time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back