2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop.com does it again.  For my order of new games, got an open "new" copy of Disgaea 1 Complete with sticker residue all over the side and top. 

Ultimately don't care as (1) I planned to play it away and (2) no way am I bothering to go to a store over this. 

That all said, it still boggles my mind that they continue to sell open games like this as new.  I've heard their explanation, but it's a bad business practice that they could avoid simply by using placeholder cases rather than gutting new copies, or selling the last "new" one outside always as "used."  How hard is that?

As for the game, it's fun.  Been meaning to pick this up.  It's nice to see this game get a clean makeover, and the first one has always been the favorite.

I just picked up the PS5 version and it is G2L.
Alright cool, i'll get the PS4 version. Although it's goofy, the weekly ad says you just need to purchase the game to get the $10 while the game page says it needs to be pre-purchased.

Alright cool, i'll get the PS4 version. Although it's goofy, the weekly ad says you just need to purchase the game to get the $10 while the game page says it needs to be pre-purchased.
i'm just gonna pick it up and if i don't get the coin call....if they say i didn't pre-order it i'll read the text from the email to them...

My main GameStop is closing. The one in Wheeling, IL if anyone is in the area. I was also told they are closing around 150-170 stores across the US. The others in Illinois are Rolling Meadows and Antioch I believe he said.

Last open date is 1/7. They had not started putting games up but starting today, most items will be 10% off

Gamestop.com does it again. For my order of new games, got an open "new" copy of Disgaea 1 Complete with sticker residue all over the side and top.

Ultimately don't care as (1) I planned to play it away and (2) no way am I bothering to go to a store over this.

That all said, it still boggles my mind that they continue to sell open games like this as new. I've heard their explanation, but it's a bad business practice that they could avoid simply by using placeholder cases rather than gutting new copies, or selling the last "new" one outside always as "used." How hard is that?

As for the game, it's fun. Been meaning to pick this up. It's nice to see this game get a clean makeover, and the first one has always been the favorite.
Same here, just received Harvest Moon, the game was opened, but the case seemed to be in a great condition. How much did you pay for Disgaea 1?

GameStop keeps adding days to my expected delivery time. I started with a week long wait, went past two weeks, and now I’m looking at 3.5 weeks.

Fun times.

Just bought PS4 Immortals. G2L code is EBC 3065444, expires 12/5/2020

Also, there was a sign that mentioned a Spend $300, get $30 coupon for December. The employee said they were probably doing it for Christmas/winter sale but he wasn't sure

[attachment=35031:gs sign.jpg]

Dumb question but what exactly is the in-store pick up window?
I know it's a week but what do they consider a week?
My items were ready for pick-up on Friday so do I have until tomorrow or do I have to pick them up by today?
I called to ask but they had no way of telling me apparently.

Edit: Damn, that sucks. I just renewed last month.

Dumb question but what exactly is the in-store pick up window?
I know it's a week but what do they consider a week?
My items were ready for pick-up on Friday so do I have until tomorrow or do I have to pick them up by today?
I called to ask but they had no way of telling me apparently.
Edit: Damn, that sucks. I just renewed last month.
It is one week or 7 days from the day the order was confirmed in store. If you don’t pick up your items you will receive a refund.

It is one week or 7 days from the day the order was confirmed in store. If you don’t pick up your items you will receive a refund.
I get all that but I was wondering if that first day it was available counted towards the 7. I called customer service and they said they are 110% sure I can go in tomorrow, so hopefully that's the case.

What's with the stores that try to make up weird return policies? The employee at the store argued that the 7 day return policy is to the minute and I was 7 days but 20 minutes late from the original return time. He said he would return the game "this time" but won't make exceptions in the future. I also just realized that they have a holiday return policy so he was extra full of shit.

So 4 of my B!G1 were just games without cases... if I returned them online would I still get charged the stupid shipping charge ?  Do I have to do it instore?

Games from my orders I put in at the start of the BF sale on 11/25 have slowly started showing up.
I got my B2G1 Switch Games (Mario Tennis Aces, NSMBU Deluxe, & Mario & Sonic at the Olympics) but only 1 (Mario Tennis) came in its original case, blah.
Like others have mentioned, I never got a shipping notification for NSMBU Deluxe or Mario & Sonic and both are still in 'Preparing for Shipment' status in my order history.

All of my other stuff (5x New PS4 games and a pre-owned copy of Deadly Premonition 2 for Switch) seem to be in UPS/FedEx limbo...yay.

My main GameStop is closing. The one in Wheeling, IL if anyone is in the area. I was also told they are closing around 150-170 stores across the US. The others in Illinois are Rolling Meadows and Antioch I believe he said.

Last open date is 1/7. They had not started putting games up but starting today, most items will be 10% off
Damn, that's terrible news!
Wheeling became my go-to store after my local store (Lake Zurich) closed down back in March.
They were the one store in the area that still took trade-ins on older gen stuff (like 360 & Wii) and the employees were always really friendly & helpful so I'll be sad to see them go.

What's with the stores that try to make up weird return policies? The employee at the store argued that the 7 day return policy is to the minute and I was 7 days but 20 minutes late from the original return time. He said he would return the game "this time" but won't make exceptions in the future. I also just realized that they have a holiday return policy so he was extra full of shit.
after getting the refund, you should have followed up with well your company sells opened games as new, so i will bring it up "this time" [and every time]

I mean considering we basically got the games half off due to the B1G1 sale, I’m not sure it’s worth the effort of complaining or going through the hassle of doing a return for any games that arrive cart/disc only.

A cart only copy of Zelda: Links Awakening for Switch for $19 is still a steal

I made a second same-day order after my first one was "lost", and I just received it (via Doordash). It consisted of a game case with a sheet of paper around it wrapped in a rubber band. Is this seriously how it works???

Anyone try trading in the $30 "Top Trade Value" games listed in the weekly ad ( :switch: NSMBUD, DK:TF, SMP, PM:OK, 3DMAS) toward Cyperpunk = 33 or 39?  :cold:

Fedex cracks me up, 7 days so far to go from Eastern Ohio to Western PA. It's always a mystery to see where they'll end up next.
My shit it coming from a town that's 20 miles away. And it still hasn't been picked up in the system since last week. I'm pretty sure i'm hosed. Will Gamestop just send me a replacement or fuck me over and just cancel the games. B1G1 too.

My store is too, in Matteson, IL. Hasn't been the same since the COVID lockdown. The most of the staff quit and just a single person working there until last month.

Just a heads up, I noticed some Gamestop shenanigans on 2 of my new PS4 orders.

Instead of charging $29.99 for each game, they charged $28 and change for each of the two games and added a $3.33 "handling" charge. To top it off, I was taxed for the 29.99 :/

Needless to say, I'm less than excited to deal with disputing the BS handling charge when I make my returns....gimme my $3.50!

Does GameStop have a contact form? I’ve been on their help page for 10 mins and can’t find one.

Edit: NVM. Super easy to find on the desktop site. Don’t bother with mobile site.

I actually enjoy receiving packages from GS. It's like Christmas, you have no idea what you will receive, haha.  Time to open  packages from last week's purchases. 

looks like pro rewards renewal was scanned right after trade-ins, then he scanned cyberpunk pre-order. Maybe scanning renewal 1st cancelled out the bonus, instead of scanning cyberpunk 1st then powerup renewal. thats my guess...

I had a gamestop delivery scheduled for today from fedex, but they apparently marked it as "customer not available" when I was home all day and re-attempt tomorrow.  Tracking showed it was in a nearby town, which makes me think they are just marking these as "customer not available" when they have no plans to try to deliver it that day. Maybe this is how they don't get penalized for late deliveries or something.

I had a gamestop delivery scheduled for today from fedex, but they apparently marked it as "customer not available" when I was home all day and re-attempt tomorrow. Tracking showed it was in a nearby town, which makes me think they are just marking these as "customer not available" when they have no plans to try to deliver it that day. Maybe this is how they don't get penalized for late deliveries or something.
They do this shit all the time. Especially the contractors. (Not the real all year round delivery guys)

I had a gamestop delivery scheduled for today from fedex, but they apparently marked it as "customer not available" when I was home all day and re-attempt tomorrow. Tracking showed it was in a nearby town, which makes me think they are just marking these as "customer not available" when they have no plans to try to deliver it that day. Maybe this is how they don't get penalized for late deliveries or something.
You should ask the fedex driver tomorrow and report back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back