2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping for a good switch trade bump/promo.  Got all my copies in and if i just did the cyberpunk preorder promo as of now, I'd net $58 extra in TIC and get RE2, RE3 and Death Stranding for free on top of it.  Games I got were:

Animal Cross New Horizon (x2)

Poke Shield (Generic case)

Poke Sword

Let's Go Pika

Let's Go Eevee

Luigi's Mansion 3

Link's Awakening

Days Gone (it's free on PS+, which I just renewed for 3 years...)

Hoping for a good switch trade bump/promo. Got all my copies in and if i just did the cyberpunk preorder promo as of now, I'd net $58 extra in TIC and get RE2, RE3 and Death Stranding for free on top of it. Games I got were:

Animal Cross New Horizon (x2)
Poke Shield (Generic case)
Poke Sword
Let's Go Pika
Let's Go Eevee
Luigi's Mansion 3
Link's Awakening
Days Gone (it's free on PS+, which I just renewed for 3 years...)
PS+ or PS Now? PS Now is calling my name, but as it is I already have game pass.

Part of the fun of this thread is just seeing the daily complaints about the various mistakes that GS makes.
I did 4 orders with the B1G1, 3 for pickup and 1 to be shipped. The pickup ones were no problem. The one for shipping was for Pokemon Sword, Shield, and 2 pops and was split into multiple shipments. First shipment I received had all 4 items in it surprisingly, second shipment was 1 pop and Sword, and there's one coming tomorrow which probably has Shield in it. So 2 more copies and 1 extra pop for free. And the 2nd pop says preparing for shipment still, so there might yet be another package at some point.

Since we both had the same question. I went to check and no the guaranteed value isn't kicking in. It's stuck at whatever base value is on the website. Isn't it great how many ppl respond to chime in about the games you weren't asking about?

I tried to grab a weekly ad to point it out, but that page seemed to be only on the website.
Yea, guessing most of the advertised games are ringing up correctly - might be the BF game vs non-BF game(s) which look to be working (like DK:TF (30>39) vs NSMBU:D (not 30).

Hoping for a good switch trade bump/promo.
Aren't we all! I'd be ok with just a +5 with no bump at this point! :p

My last order arrived this afternoon.

Final result: 6 out of 8 games came with original case.

FFXII Switch - Came in a switch blank Case

Yakuza 6 PS4 - No slip cover box

Total cost: $160

IMG-0120.jpg

Was able to pick up my games today, so can confirm the first day isn't counted.
In an interesting twist, my B1G1 pre-owned games were new and sealed.

I've had so much luck this shopping spree getting games with original cases and in great shape (with few exceptions statistically speaking), I've been pretty happy for a change. One funny thing today however involves one package. Two of the three games weren't secured in their generic cases and rattled about during shipping. One of the games was supposed to be Killer Instinct Definitive Edition but they sent the original instead. The case cover does say Killer Instinct Definitive Edition but, weirdly enough, the sticker label says Killer Instinct Combo Breaker. Finally, they didn't give me a packing slip so I can return both games. What's the best course of action to take?

Edit: Somehow I forgot about Tomb Raider Trilogy from an earlier shipment. The case was crushed and the game scratched up. Considering I found no plastic pieces inside the envelope I can only think that it was sent out that way. (I do have the packing slip for this, however.)

I believe another wave of store closings is approaching. I’m seeing basically confirmed reports of 3 stores closing so far in my state, all mall stores though. I have a feeling there will be more.

I've had so much luck this shopping spree getting games with original cases and in great shape (with few exceptions statistically speaking), I've been pretty happy for a change. One funny thing today however involves one package. Two of the three games weren't secured in their generic cases and rattled about during shipping. One of the games was supposed to be Killer Instinct Definitive Edition but they sent the original instead. The case cover does say Killer Instinct Definitive Edition but, weirdly enough, the sticker label says Killer Instinct Combo Breaker. Finally, they didn't give me a packing slip so I can return both games. What's the best course of action to take?

Edit: Somehow I forgot about Tomb Raider Trilogy from an earlier shipment. The case was crushed and the game scratched up. Considering I found no plastic pieces inside the envelope I can only think that it was sent out that way. (I do have the packing slip for this, however.)
Rip the address label off the box (have fun keeping it in one piece), the packing slip is probably the back of your address label. When buying pre-owned definitive / collectors edition mean nothing. Loose games I don’t think are a problem, unless they are scratched or don’t work. That happens all the time even brand new.

Is B2G2 pre-owned over even though they advertise it on the site and app? Trying to put together an order and it’s not working.

Here is my final haul from the Black Friday sale. Had about $750 in trade credit at the beginning and now it is down to $3. Hoping for a good trade bonus to boomerang these back in.[attachment=35036:C98E56F6-D4A0-409F-83C6-5D41C20BE171.jpeg]

If you're (allegedly) getting refunded for an item that was never delivered, is there supposed to be any indication of this in your order history? (This was a same-day delivery and it's still marked as "shipped")

Rip the address label off the box (have fun keeping it in one piece), the packing slip is probably the back of your address label. When buying pre-owned definitive / collectors edition mean nothing. Loose games I don’t think are a problem, unless they are scratched or don’t work. That happens all the time even brand new.
Thanks. I checked before writing with another label and there was nothing, just half a sheet. However, I tried again with the remaining envelope for Killer Instinct and Luigi and it had the slip on the other side.

GameStop sells the Combo Breaker edition used for $9.99 and Definitive for $19.99. There is a big difference, but since they sell both versions of Bayonetta on the Wii U for the same price, I can see this happening sometimes. Yes, both discs were pretty scratched up, as was a copy of Ace Combat 7 from another package for the same reason.

All three are being returned (exchanged somehow, hopefully), but seriously, after ahem, 50+ games, that's good odds.

Here is my final haul from the Black Friday sale. Had about $750 in trade credit at the beginning and now it is down to $3. Hoping for a good trade bonus to boomerang these back in.
attachicon.gif
Nice pick ups, Let's go, splatoon2 & Aces gonna net decent TIVs when they go up but not as much as the others. Everything gon up being a profit regardless tho. I forgot all about Sword & shield with my orders.

One store is on there, two aren’t. (Stamford CT and Manchester CT malls) also heard Drumhill MA is closing.

That would leave two more mall stores with another store close by in CT and one more pair close together that aren’t mall stores.
Damn, any news on the one in Enfield, or the one in Bloomfield CT?

My last order arrived this afternoon.

Final result: 6 out of 8 games came with original case.

FFXII Switch - Came in a switch blank Case

Yakuza 6 PS4 - No slip cover box

Total cost: $160
Wow, that Yakuza Collection- everything still inside? Very nice get if it is.

All my GS BF/Cyber week stuff came in:

6x NS games - all complete

7x NS new games - all actually new

First time every I got a perfect haul.

I definitely have been “double billed” for a few things, i think friend of sonic was spot on in the explanation.  Check your tracking and order status, if it says or said awaiting product availability for awhile, and you used a 50% promotion or B#G# there is a good chance once it actually shipped, they just ordered the item at regular price at that time with no regard to any promotions that might have been used.  I’m pretty sure that happened with two of my orders and that’s just scratching the surface.  I don’t have much hope in getting that explained and corrected.  I was starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel filling in ps4 and switch stuff, said it before but think I’m pretty much done with the constant 50% off sale variations for awhile.

the last spend $60 get $10 game coin, no one has that yet either?  Anyone remember the specific dates of the promo?

One of my B2G1 orders came with a new copy of Splatoon 2 instead of a used. Doesn't make up for a game that is missing in transit (no update since being picked up by FedEx on the 28th and it was shipped Ground, so there should be updates) and 3 sets of games (all different packages) claiming to have been transferred to my local PO on the 3rd but no updates since (and no updates on USPS saying they actually got them). FedEx is the absolute worst.

Agreed, I honestly can't remember the last time I had something shipped via FedEx that didn't arrive late.

Wow, that Yakuza Collection- everything still inside? Very nice get if it is.

All my GS BF/Cyber week stuff came in:

6x NS games - all complete

7x NS new games - all actually new

First time every I got a perfect haul.
Yup. The Yakuza Collection came complete with PS3 Yakuza 5 empty case and inserts. Was expecting to get the standard edition but not this version. Now I need to find Yakuza Kiwami 2. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

One of my B2G1 orders came with a new copy of Splatoon 2 instead of a used. Doesn't make up for a game that is missing in transit (no update since being picked up by FedEx on the 28th and it was shipped Ground, so there should be updates) and 3 sets of games (all different packages) claiming to have been transferred to my local PO on the 3rd but no updates since (and no updates on USPS saying they actually got them). FedEx is the absolute worst.
When fedex hands an item off to the post office, it is an absolute shit show. I returned a cheap suit to Jos. A. Bank using fedex smart post, and it never got delivered to the final destination. It will be nearly 2 months on the 19th, and it's been sitting at the same location, and there's no tracking info on usps site. Luckily I got a refund.

Yup. The Yakuza Collection came complete with PS3 Yakuza 5 empty case and inserts. Was expecting to get the standard edition but not this version. Now I need to find Yakuza Kiwami 2. Can't seem to find it anywhere.
Amazon sells it new for $40 and change, if you are looking for a $16 used one from Gamestop, they are hardly ever in stock anymore.

Everyone see the $5 off pickup orders over $75? Not much of a point for us in no-tax states using trade credit, but I guess someone can figure out how to combine with something else or hope for one of those fun glitches  O:)

yI8txP7.png

Today I got my Pokémon sword, final game from the B1G1 and both came in cases. Lucked out I guess. $40 for copies of Sword and Shield is great IMO. Between that and the target game pass glitch (got 18 months for price of 9) this Black Friday was good

Probably going to still pass on it, but figured I'd ask:

Do GameStop's Mega Cat Studio games come complete in box, or are they the cartridge only?

Has anyone had their Gamestop 15% rakuten cashback appear yet? Mine appears there under shopping trips but no actual cash yet. Of course I got my shitty ones (like 1%) from Best Buy and Target from the same time period.

I was also overcharged from my orders. My order total was $383 but they charged me $512. It will be a nightmare to figure out since they break everything down into partial amounts.

Has anyone had their Gamestop 15% rakuten cashback appear yet? Mine appears there under shopping trips but no actual cash yet. Of course I got my shitty ones (like 1%) from Best Buy and Target from the same time period.
I did got $11.40 back on a $76 order. Placed a 2nd $70 order and only got $2.10 back on that.

I hate all of the UPS / Fedex shipments that get transferred to USPS.

I saw this message on topcashback, don't know if it's the same for Rakuten and other places

Please note: It may take up to 30 days for purchases to track due to a current known issue reported by the merchant.

Whereas for AT&T it shows it'll post within 1 hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back