2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something cool but YMMV: I had a $10 PUR in store coupon (that I redeemed 10000 points for) and the associate told me it could actually be used towards my already-fully-paid off Cyberpunk preorder. Through some trickery he applied it to the preorder and then gave me the $10 back through a physical gift card?!
I also had this same experience (I had paid off Cyberpunk in full with the 30% trade bump), but store manager applied a $30 coupon I got for spending 300 back in November. He also applied my monthly $5 coupon toward the purchase and it stacked. I was pretty happy, so I gave them a Nier Replicant preorder. Apparently I'm getting a $20 "game coin" too. Pretty surprised at how competitive Gamestop has been these past couple months.

Ex sl here. If y'all think shipping was bad before just wait until employees are required to take packages to the post office.
With the payroll they are given now things are going to back up badly

I got a call from GameStop saying my pre order is ready for pickup. Is there any way I can see my instore pre orders anymore? Pretty sure I was able to with old app. Also if I do pick it up would I be eligible for the $20 game coin for cyberpunk and will it have G2L
The app may not, but i do not have an account instore pre-order to check. Mine were showing under My Preorders page on the website under my account.

Ex sl here. If y'all think shipping was bad before just wait until employees are required to take packages to the post office.
With the payroll they are given now things are going to back up badly
Yea, I see some GS stuff stuck in USPS pre-shipment for days.... yay. Worst part is, I think one package is coming from a store I just dropped by and saw a stack behind the counter. Though if anyone else bought Target Gift cards recently 10%+ off, mine have been stuck for a week already. (lazy gifts)

Something cool but YMMV: I had a $10 PUR in store coupon (that I redeemed 10000 points for) and the associate told me it could actually be used towards my already-fully-paid off Cyberpunk preorder. Through some trickery he applied it to the preorder and then gave me the $10 back through a physical gift card?!
The POS will allow you to redeem multiple certs on a fully paid off pre-order and get it back on a trade in card as well. I didn't want to risk the additional $10 coin for "paying in full" on Cyberpunk, but for Age of Calamity.. it was fully paid off but I used a $30 + $10 + $5 monthly on pickup and got $45 back on my trade card no problem. :razz:

It's not really trickery. He just applied it like usual. The POS always allows that. It's just up to the employee to let you, so leave him a good survey

Sorry if I'm late to all the "FedEx sucks" talk, but a lot of it could also depend on the contractor that owns your route. My drivers always complained about the owner blowing all of his money on sports cars and shit, while they were understaffed and their trucks were breaking down left and right. My last driver delivered in a rented Penske truck for months, and didn't want his regular truck to get fixed since it didn't have AC or lights in the back.

Lucky you, I tried this and the associate argued that it's a waste of the coupon, as I'd lose it since the game was already paid off. I calmly asked him to try it and we'll see what happens, and when it worked he S right TFU.
Wait, does FedEx subcontract their drivers? That would explain a lot if so...

I had a $5 one and my associate applied it and gave me like $5.32 back. I didn’t complain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FedEx has been the only reliable service for me lately. UPS and USPS are apparently just sitting on several of my packages after they were dropped off

I lost my Immortals $10 Game Coin for some reason this morning. Yesterday I picked up Cyber and used a $10 coupon that was expiring tomorrow (spend $60) on PSN credit. The store manager was trying to use my $30 and another $10 on a $50 PSN card, but they wouldn't stack. Not sure what happened or whether it is worth fighting for. I didn't save a screenshot.

edit: Update. Apparently the store manager applied 2x $10 coupons on my 1 $10 PSN card. Called them up and a mere 40 minutes later I have 10K points in my rewards.

quick and painless G2L Cyberpunk trade in today.  Def. not my type of game.

Full trade in credit - now lets get that game coin.

The manager told me today that they have switched from FedEx for shipping due to the amount of complaints.

Just a sanity check: if I buy a pre-owned console, I can return it within 7 days for a full refund, right? I did a backup of my PS4 instead of copying my save data before I sold it, so I essentially need to borrow a PS4 so I can attempt to properly migrate my data to PS5.

Has anyone did any other trades with their copy of cyberpunk with the G2L ebc code- and did it effect the value of those other trades at all?(looking for a glitch)

tip for anyone with the over $60 $10 coupon that expires today, didn't work on Cyberpunk, didn't work on a physical PlayStation $10, but did actually work on a receipt printed PSN $10...so if you wanna use it it appears to work on receipt printed GCs....

I vaguely recall someone here saying something not too long ago about not receiving their pre-order game coin because they traded it in through G2L. Was that ever resolved?

Thanks, but it does not say coupon is to be used on a pre-owned item.

Edit: I stand corrected!
Limit one coupon per customer. Coupon cannot be use on POSA, gift cards, new Hardware and new Software.
I'm trying to use the $10 cert online with pre-owned ps4 games but it isn't working with anything I put into the cart. :(

after messing around with the cart, I want to say that the 'buy 5/4/3 games under 19.99'promo is causing the cert not to activate. What a mess....

Funny thought crossed my mind - Imagine getting trade banned when you G2L a game and surpass the 2k limit...  :rofl:

That said, I had no issues G2L Cyberpunk w/o the sleeve / extras and just the game case + discs. Lo

I'm trying to use the $10 cert online with pre-owned ps4 games but it isn't working with anything I put into the cart. :(
The subtotal has to be a minimum of 60. I’m considering using my monthly coupon, and that one to get mk aftermath, sekiro, and nioh 2 for about 50 delivered.

Even though I’ve become decent at souls games, still kinda scared to try sekiro.

The subtotal has to be a minimum of 60. I’m considering using my monthly coupon, and that one to get mk aftermath, sekiro, and nioh 2 for about 50 delivered.

Even though I’ve become decent at souls games, still kinda scared to try sekiro.
Oh thank you very much! I had no idea. It didn't say anything in the email or otherwise.

CS # didn't help with the issue. Said to deal with it in-store. Kinda feel cheated buying 2077 in full, even with credit. 

How do you guys convert gamecoins to TIC

Go to a gamestop store and buy the games you need with cases, return the trash they sent you under that receipt.
Nah man shopping at GameStop is what caused this problem to begin with. I just need some cheap cases and then print out some cover art. Just so everything in my cabinet is red. Not really that fussed about having a complete version of links awakening.

How often are gamestop switch preowned games defective?   I bought about 8 games for a few younger cousins for Christmas and wondering if I need to check them all or just assume they will work?  

if you have a switch you might as well check them as it's going to take like 5 minutes
well, i sold my switch to get a ps5 last month, so I don't have one currently but I can borrow from someone next week. Just wondering if the defect rate is high enough that I should go through the hassle of doing that. I just know Wii U games a notorious for being defective from gamestop resurfacing the data surface but didn't now if it's a common issue with switch games...

well, i sold my switch to get a ps5 last month, so I don't have one currently but I can borrow from someone next week. Just wondering if the defect rate is high enough that I should go through the hassle of doing that. I just know Wii U games a notorious for being defective from gamestop resurfacing the data surface but didn't now if it's a common issue with switch games...
Shouldn't really have issues with switch games since they aren't discs

Funny thought crossed my mind - Imagine getting trade banned when you G2L a game and surpass the 2k limit... :rofl:

That said, I had no issues G2L Cyberpunk w/o the sleeve / extras and just the game case + discs. Lo
G2L counts as a trade, so have to keep that in mind for trades and G2L combined? So you could trade + G2L up to 4 PS4 and up to 4 xbox copies of cyberpunk? Xbox and PS4 are counted separately for the running total? I’m not experienced with trades or G2L but doing some myself with cyberpunk. I decided I could wait on the game till it’s running better, and good coupon fodder before the $30 certs expire end of this month.

Just found out another Gamestop near me is closing. Seems like a new wave is definitely here.
One store near me is closing and what stinks is it's one of the better stores. It was my one of my go-to stores when my home store didn't have the items I was looking for. One or both stores in the capital city of my home state are also closing.

Funny thought crossed my mind - Imagine getting trade banned when you G2L a game and surpass the 2k limit... :rofl:

It’s best not to straddle that 2k limit. That said, I’m at 3x cyberpunk for both systems already.

Has anyone did any other trades with their copy of cyberpunk with the G2L ebc code- and did it effect the value of those other trades at all?(looking for a glitch)
I traded ass creed G2l toward Cold War and Cold War towards Cold War with other games. The promos remain separate.

I vaguely recall someone here saying something not too long ago about not receiving their pre-order game coin because they traded it in through G2L. Was that ever resolved?
That person was probably impatient. The game coins come through unless the asssociate runs a return instead of a trade.

After much trial and error and somefailures, here’s what I learned:

If you use a coin ($10 or $30), it will invalidate other promos. No buy new 29.99 game get 30% off preowned. No 20% trade bonus towards preorder/paying off.

The coins won’t stack. At best, your coin will go toward another item or the GPG they try to add on. At worst, you notice what they did after and now you have to call customer support because they used two $30 coins which invalidated the trade bump and went toward the GPG.

Point redemption coupons and monthly $5 stack and stack and stack. Trade bonus. B1 29.99 G1 30%. Don’t gotta worry here except if you drop t he price of your new game to under 29.99.

Lastly, G2L are limit one per transaction. You can’t trade both and get 59.99 each. Only one will get the promo.

Oh, and don't try to combine the trade bonus with the B1 29.99 G1 30%. Again, Only one will apply

I traded in my Marvel's Avengers on the G2L program and I never received the game coin.   Looking back on the receipt it was in fact processed as a trade, but for $62.80 instead of $59.99.   They must have done something weird.  Still not sure why I didn't get game coin since it was processed as a trade, not as a return. 

I traded in my Marvel's Avengers on the G2L program and I never received the game coin. Looking back on the receipt it was in fact processed as a trade, but for $62.80 instead of $59.99. They must have done something weird. Still not sure why I didn't get game coin since it was processed as a trade, not as a return.
There doesn’t have to be a specific reason for someone to never be given an earned GameStop offer. I think I’ve bought 4 games that should have qualified now, only returned or G2L one (cyberpunk), and I’ve never successfully received gamecoin. I receive them ok for spending certain amounts, but not for specific games. Did hyrule warriors age of calamity have a game coin offer? I don’t think so, but that’s another I’m missing if so.

How often are gamestop switch preowned games defective? I bought about 8 games for a few younger cousins for Christmas and wondering if I need to check them all or just assume they will work?
I've only ever had one game fail to read, and it was fixed by using a little cleaning (used the alcohol eyeglass wipes) of the metal contacts. Its usually worth checking just incase you got the rare repo sticker-swapped game (sometimes people trade in cheap games as expensive games by replacing the sticker - I've never had this happen) so you can either compare the tiny text from the back of the card to the front sticker or just pop the game in and check for coins :razz:

G2L counts as a trade, so have to keep that in mind for trades and G2L combined? So you could trade + G2L up to 4 PS4 and up to 4 xbox copies of cyberpunk? Xbox and PS4 are counted separately for the running total?
yep, systems are separate on the counter. Just got to make sure they ring up the game for the right system! (usually safe if they have a barcode).

One store near me is closing and what stinks is it's one of the better stores. It was my one of my go-to stores when my home store didn't have the items I was looking for. One or both stores in the capital city of my home state are also closing.
Yea, hate when good stores close. Though I've seen some pretty high turnover as of late.

After much trial and error and somefailures, here’s what I learned:

Point redemption coupons and monthly $5 stack and stack and stack. Trade bonus. B1 29.99 G1 30%. Don’t gotta worry here except if you drop t he price of your new game to under 29.99.
Thanks for sharing. Wasn't too clear on your wording with the monthly cert stacking with the coins, but I've gotten $30 + monthly to work before. In general, I always stare intently at the POS screen then receipt to make sure things are good when trading in or redeeming before leaving. Haven't had much issue with my homestore where I do most of my purchases, but do notice an error here and there usually with the new trainee. Usually helps to go all Sheldon Cooper and ask to have things done in a very specific order. (Check in, Put $5 towards X game, trade, then ask for a new transaction (they love punching in phone numbers each time!) :p

Looks like Cyberpunk 2077 trade in deal is good today (Saturday), per the weekly ad.

Thought I saw somebody here say it didn't work?

And G2L is good until Sunday 12/13? Sorry can't find any info for that on GS website.

So, I picked up Cyberpunk (fully paid off) and proceeded to bring it back for the G2L. The girl gave me back my original payment method, trade credit+cash. It looks like she processed it as a refund not as a trade in. Does this mean I won't get the game coin? 

So, I picked up Cyberpunk (fully paid off) and proceeded to bring it back for the G2L. The girl gave me back my original payment method, trade credit+cash. It looks like she processed it as a refund not as a trade in. Does this mean I won't get the game coin?
Don’t tell me u gave it back sealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back