2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys getting game coins for Cyberpunk use them quick. My Immortals game coin dissapeared 2 weeks before the expiration

Did you guys get one $20 Game Coin for CP or two $10 ones? I only got one $10 Game Coin so far and I preordered and paid in full two months ago.

Guess I gotta remember to check the ad more than just on Sunday - definately don't remember seeing this: 
D3QUtuE.png

Totally missed trading in Kirby into the Cyberpunk deal and it usually isn't up to 35, but too much hassle for 1 game. Lets all pray for a +5 next week going into Christmas week!  :grouphug:

My order from 11/26 has been in "Awaiting Carrier Pickup" status at FedEx since 11/27.  I wonder if they just forgot or if it will ever be picked up.  I doubt waiting on hold forever to talk to someone would help.

Does anyone anticipate any other trade in boosts pre orders for this year? Or should I just dump it on CyberPunk today?
Depends on the games.

If it's one of the premier switch games shown above, I would trade it in ASAP.

If it's something with trade in value <$25 and there's a possibility that there will be a +$5 bump.

Just some Xb1 and 3ds titles
Hmn.. might be good to trade in now then if you're ok with the current TIV. + 30%.

There is a possibility the value could go up with the end of the month SB, but those have been pretty erratic as of late. Also, the last few +5 TIV bonuses have only worked on switch games.

Hmn.. might be good to trade in now then if you're ok with the current TIV. + 30%.

There is a possibility the value could go up with the end of the month SB, but those have been pretty erratic as of late. Also, the last few +5 TIV bonuses have only worked on switch games.
Yeah, figured as much. Thanks man

Are employees being forced to push those reusable tote bags? Have had 2 people at 2 different stores try to sneak those on me

Damn just noticed on my receipt they did my Cyberpunk as a return instead of a trade. The gamecoin were already on the account. Will they take those away?

Edit: went back and bought GT Sport and a $10 eShop card with my game coin. It said 1 was for everyone who got the game. The 2nd was for being a pro member, so maybe those who only got 1 aren't pro members?

went and G2L traded my PS4 Cyberpunk and picked up 2 PSN $10 with my gamecoin (1 physical card and 1 receipt printout since they were out of physical stock)...figured i'd get rid of the gamecoin right away since they tend to disappear before expiration...

Love that GS is basically paying us to convert inventory to used for them lol

Can the $30 off from the spend $300 coupon be used on digital currency or sub cards? I need to use mine up but can't think of anything to use it on. 

Did the G2L on Cyberpunk PS4 today. I tried to do disc only, but they made me go back to my car to include the case. I know others have posted that they had no problem with disc only, so ymmv.

i mean it's one thing to trade an old game without a case, maybe you did lose it (even if you didn't they probably won't question it)...but they're not THAT stupid, obviously you didn't lose the case to a game you literally just bought like a day ago...of course they're going to want it...

i mean it's one thing to trade an old game without a case, maybe you did lose it (even if you didn't they probably won't question it)...but they're not THAT stupid, obviously you didn't lose the case to a game you literally just bought like a day ago...of course they're going to want it...
And what the fuck is the point of keeping the case to a game you don’t own.

It’s a unique case that stores two discs. It’s a nice replacement case for multi-disc games such as rdr2, lou2, dark souls trilogy
Edit: BTW I traded in the case with CP2077 and slipcover. I did keep some of the goodies though such as stickers, map, and 30 day hbo max trial.

Many people lack empathy and literally only care about themselves. I trade in games with cases because I like to get used games with cases. I treat others the way I like to be treated. I wish more people could be like that, but sadly it's just "me, me, me" in today's world and I'm considered a weak loser for being considerate of other people.
I'm the same way because I can't stand having a game without a case. I honestly would just rather not have it in my collection. Hate it when people trade in without a case and then complain when they get a game without a case.

I'm the same way because I can't stand having a game without a case. I honestly would just rather not have it in my collection. Hate it when people trade in without a case and then complain when they get a game without a case.
This why I always buy two and return one. Better chances of getting a case.

Has anyone redeemed PUR points recently for an online certificate? I've tried twice now, and can't get the codes to apply online. Gamestop customer service hasn't been very helpful either.

My local gamestop told me something weird. He said you can only buy the new consoles online until February and you have to come in through the store to do it. They have one Series S there but again, you have to drive there and then order it online while in the store.

My local gamestop told me something weird. He said you can only buy the new consoles online until February and you have to come in through the store to do it. They have one Series S there but again, you have to drive there and then order it online while in the store.
They dropped PS5 and Xbox Series X orders today in store at 4pm, exactly as you described. It was basically sold out with lines out the door by 4:05, but apparently their online orders in-store suck, so my friend ended up waiting 2.5 hours anyway in line to get a PS5. Also bundles only, as Gamestop has always done it.

I am odd, so I can say I am a visual collector - I like keeping physical cartridges (NES, SNES, etc) until they are below gameboy size (DS, 3DS, switch) that I'd prefer to have a case on display. Needless to say, having a disc does nothing visually, so I do like to keep one original case + artwork of a game I enjoyed on the shelf like Ghost of Tsushima (or steelbook like with TLOU2).

Can the $30 off from the spend $300 coupon be used on digital currency or sub cards? I need to use mine up but can't think of anything to use it on.
I used a $30 coin on XBOX successfully. Assume it would work on the rest.

Yea, it was apparently a drive to keep bots from taking all the units and instead sell them directly to the nearest scalper. I was wondering what that line was outside of my GS as I drove by (I'm not actively into the twitters)

Traded in CP2077 without the case. Associate asked if I had the case still. I said yes, but I just want to trade it, not return. I said, "You guys still don't require cases for trade in, right?"

Then he took the trade-in. And I get to keep the case so many people seem obsessed with. Probably throw the case away at a later date, too.

Traded in CP2077 without the case. Associate asked if I had the case still. I said yes, but I just want to trade it, not return. I said, "You guys still don't require cases for trade in, right?"

Then he took the trade-in. And I get to keep the case so many people seem obsessed with. Probably throw the case away at a later date, too.
Why keep the case if the plan is to throw it away in the long run? Most people rather purchase the used game complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back