2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that info. Hoping someone can chime in to confirm you can use 2 game coins to buy a new or used game in store. Looking to maybe get devil may cry 5 SE on PS5.
I was able to use both $10 game coins from Cyberpunk to take $20 off a new game in store. I had been told by a manager that it wouldn't work, but I got a different employee to try it , and it worked fine.

grabbed a couple things in the 50% off 5 preowned for 29.99 sale.  Yugioh, fantasy life, puyo tetris, katamari demacy reroll and a few others. 7 titles for 72$ plus tax so boils down to basically 10$ a game so not shabby at all.

Omg, this worked. I was having the same issues as others, my cart was basically frozen and I couldn't edit it. Thanks!
NP, at first I thought it was the rebate / cashback thing messing it up, but like others have said sometimes its when you waffle on clicking purchase after putting in a payment method as well.

Baseball caps and ugly Christmas sweaters on clearance GO GO GO! ;)
I needed some Pokemon hats! I'll wait for the sweaters to hit $2 like early this year however!

grabbed a couple things in the 50% off 5 preowned for 29.99 sale. Yugioh, fantasy life, puyo tetris, katamari demacy reroll and a few others. 7 titles for 72$ plus tax so boils down to basically 10$ a game so not shabby at all.
:switch: FFX/X2 and :switch: XII Zodiac dropped in price this AM as well (I think) and most of the green monday sale prices work with 50% :dunce:

Arctis 5 RGB Black Wired Gaming Headset - $16.99 normally $99.99

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/pc/accessories/headsets-and-mics/products/arctis-5-rgb-black-wired-gaming-headset/11097533.html

Deal made it to front page of SD so not sure how much longer it will last. Possible price mistake?
lol, I hadnt refreshed before I posted mine. I didnt even think to post this deal earlier. Im not usually the "first" to find stuff.

$16.99 Was Original price:$99.99 Save $83.00 (83.01%)

Score 340 Reward Points when you sign up for a PowerUp Rewards Pro™ Membership today! $14.99/yr.

BUY NOW, PAY LATER
with 4 payments of $4.24 Learn More

Daily Deal U&I Entertainment titles for $16.99Details
Show Fewer Promotions
One Day Only! SteelSeries Arctis 5 BLK Headset for $79.99!

Was able to call and get 10k points for my game coin That dissapeared. Just some advice if you call right at 9am est when they open you can usually get right through with no wait.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/pc/accessories/headsets-and-mics/products/arctis-5-rgb-black-wired-gaming-headset/11097533.html

Surprised this glitch hasnt made it in here yet. Supposed to be $79.99

$16.99 Was Original price:$99.99 Save $83.00 (83.01%)

BUY NOW, PAY LATER
with 4 payments of $4.24 Learn More

Daily Deal U&I Entertainment titles for $16.99Details
Show Fewer Promotions
One Day Only! SteelSeries Arctis 5 BLK Headset for $79.99!
Totally gone in my area

I was able to get a pair of the $17 headsets at the same store that cancelled my $20 Switch dock after they said it was available for me to pickup so I am hoping this goes better.

Stupid question...my PUR just expired (stores couldn't renew mine after a few attempts since I was still listed as ELITE PRO...)

I JUST got my CP2077 game coins (2x$10) but now I can't use them...do I need to renew my PUR membership in order to use them? 

Wanted to wait until there was a good deal for signing up (10K points or something)

Thanks, I'll have to call tomorrow then. Trying to ditch the copy of Godfall I platinum'd, but the price is tanking everywhere and no one is biting on Ebay lol
I picked it up during the Target B2G1 cancellation method, I still haven't opened it. How long did it take you to platinum? Might be the only thing that's keeping me from returning it

I JUST got my CP2077 game coins (2x$10) but now I can't use them...do I need to renew my PUR membership in order to use them?
Yeah they've made it so now you must have an active pro membership to use Pro-related offers, even if they're already in an expired account's active offers. I went through this process in november. Ended up renewing on Nov30 using 15k points. Afterward I was immediately able to use the montly $5 nov cert that would have otherwise expired.

Made use of GS' buy 2 @ 50+ get any preowned free. I bought Miles Morales + Demon's souls, picked up my freebie and returned the two I got from my PS5 bundle. :) 

Yeah they've made it so now you must have an active pro membership to use Pro-related offers, even if they're already in an expired account's active offers. I went through this process in november. Ended up renewing on Nov30 using 15k points. Afterward I was immediately able to use the montly $5 nov cert that would have otherwise expired.
Thanks! I'll renew and go from there

Plenty of little flips with the Green Monday X B5G50% if we ever get another trade bonus, very few if we don't.

Dark Souls III Fires Fade $8->$10
Avengers is $11.50->$12 base so if anyone wants to try out the new Kate Bishop update...

So I have two $10 game coins for Cyberpunk and my December $5 Pro coupon. Am I going to be able to go right in and buy a $25 Xbox digital currency card or will the POS system not let me use all 3 on one item?

So I have two $10 game coins for Cyberpunk and my December $5 Pro coupon. Am I going to be able to go right in and buy a $25 Xbox digital currency card or will the POS system not let me use all 3 on one item?
Only one code works at a time so you can't buy a $25 code. It'll have to be 10 10 5, thats what they did for me w/ my PSN credit

Ive got a 10 Ps Credit and 10 GS online cert in my offers in the app. But I didn’t redeem points and I only had 500 points so it can’t be an auto redeem. I have the $5 coupon already. Anyone else see this in the app? It’s so random idk if I should try to use it lol

No top value trade ins on this week’s ad? Was going to flip some Switch games into Cyberpunk, but with the decreased TIV and the feedback surrounding that game, it may just be best to wait. 

No top value trade ins on this week’s ad? Was going to flip some Switch games into Cyberpunk, but with the decreased TIV and the feedback surrounding that game, it may just be best to wait.
they literally put out a statement where CD Projekt red will honor returns for the game. Don’t buy this game at all now unless you want a buggy mess and want to find out if you’re prone to seizures. That and the whole lying about crunch for a year and low wages for staff. If you can find a used copy and are patient tho and must play it, do that

Ive got a 10 Ps Credit and 10 GS online cert in my offers in the app. But I didn’t redeem points and I only had 500 points so it can’t be an auto redeem. I have the $5 coupon already. Anyone else see this in the app? It’s so random idk if I should try to use it lol
Those are old. Have you redeemed for them before? They don't get removed from the app.

Yes. I used the $10+$10 coins on one item yesterday. They stack as long as you're not trying to use multiple of the same kind of certificate. The two $10's from cp2077 count as different certs. $10+$10+$5 will ring up fine in the system. But still ymmv on an employee willing to do it.

they literally put out a statement where CD Projekt red will honor returns for the game. Don’t buy this game at all now unless you want a buggy mess and want to find out if you’re prone to seizures. That and the whole lying about crunch for a year and low wages for staff. If you can find a used copy and are patient tho and must play it, do that
Good call, probably worth waiting until the next gen consoles. Not sure if they’ll be working on the next gen update alongside the stability updates they have planned for January and February, but I assume that’ll be pushed as well. What a botched release.

Anybody who got the arctis 5 on the error: good work. It's a great wired headset. I have had a set for years and they have held up great and the sound quality is fantastic. I finally upgraded to a wireless set for ease of use but for under $20 that can't be beat. 

Also I bought way too many games on the 50% 5 or more preowned under $30: mortal kombat 11, burnout paradise (switch), yugioh, red dead redemption, nioh 1 and 2, ni no kuni 2, kingdoms of amular remake, dungeons 3, and mario and sonic olympics. 11 games and I will probably play them a combined total of like 5 hours. I have a problem. 

edit: forgot divinity 2 

Is the b5g50off good in store?
I mean you could just order then for pickup in store so I don’t see why not.

I just got 3 of 5 games in the mail. All complete. And they were games I didn’t really care about. Of course the games I did care about were cart only. Love you GameStop, never change.

Anybody who got the arctis 5 on the error: good work. It's a great wired headset. I have had a set for years and they have held up great and the sound quality is fantastic. I finally upgraded to a wireless set for ease of use but for under $20 that can't be beat.

Also I bought way too many games on the 50% 5 or more preowned under $30: mortal kombat 11, burnout paradise (switch), yugioh, red dead redemption, nioh 1 and 2, ni no kuni 2, kingdoms of amular remake, dungeons 3, and mario and sonic olympics. 11 games and I will probably play them a combined total of like 5 hours. I have a problem.

edit: forgot divinity 2
I just purchased the Arctis 7x and have been very impressed. I was able to get one of these as well. I may give these to my brother for Christmas or keep them as a backup for travel.

I’ve learned to only buy cartridge used games and managed a pretty good order of 3DS games:

Mario Maker, 2 x Smash Bros, 2 x Mario Party Top 100, and 2 x Mario Sports Superstars for ~$40 shipped.

Used my Chase card for 5% cash back and clicked through bing rebates for hopefully another 5% cash back. Added Tetris for game boy since it was free after my monthly coupon and I won’t be going in store.

I mean you could just order then for pickup in store so I don’t see why not.

I just got 3 of 5 games in the mail. All complete. And they were games I didn’t really care about. Of course the games I did care about were cart only. Love you GameStop, never change.
The buy online get instore pick-up used to be limited to 3 games. Did they get rid of that?

So when I went after to work to pick up that $17 headset they couldn’t find it. I asked why I got a notice for “ready to pickup” and the guy said he just got there and didn’t know. I asked him was it because it was a $100 headset for $16 and one of them decided they wanted it. I asked him nicely to look again and low and behold it was right on top of the pickup drawer and the guy gave it me and I was on my way.

Used PS4 and Xbox One controllers are $29.99 today only. Also, up to 10 cash back from Rakuten. I think that applies to both controllers and used games. I added a used Mario Plus Rabbids to get the free shipping. Been hearing a lot of great things about this game. No stores around me have the DS4 controller or Rabbids in stock so I had to get them shipped. Heres hoping I get the real switch case and I get sent the right color controller this time. GS sent me the wrong color Xbox One controller I bought from them earlier this year.

Used PS4 and Xbox One controllers are $29.99 today only. Also, up to 10 cash back from Rakuten. I think that applies to both controllers and used games. I added a used Mario Plus Rabbids to get the free shipping. Been hearing a lot of great things about this game. No stores around me have the DS4 controller or Rabbids in stock so I had to get them shipped. Heres hoping I get the real switch case and I get sent the right color controller this time. GS sent me the wrong color Xbox One controller I bought from them earlier this year.
I am still waiting for mario + rabbids gold edition to go below $20

I don't think it ever will. It's a download code that's included in the Gold. I have seen the DLC go on sale from time to time on the eshop so I will wait for that to happen. The game has been out for years now with no signs of gold selling that low but maybe it will one day.

If I had known the makers of Cyberpunk were going to give refunds for PS4/XB1 users, I would have definitely unloaded a ton of games towards it for the 30% bump and Gamecoin.  

Anyone try returning their PS4/XB1 version to Gamestop for a full refund?  What happened? 

Guess my excuse of Cyberpunk 2077 G2L of "ran like shit on my PS4 Slim" wasn't a total fabrication  :lol:

Decided to take the risk and bought some newer PS4/XB1 games @ these 50% + sale prices, figured worse case I'd break even whenever they do arrive and have a decent promo. Funnily enough all my orders from this morning have "shipped" already.... let's see if USPS can handle the strain! 

Here's to hoping all my Persona 5 Steelbooks come undented and sleeved and at least one of the 3DS games I still need for the shelf comes with the original case!  O:)

May be nearer to the Switch's end-life when Nintendo releases the inevitable Player's Choice line. The company usually sticks those re-releases with some updates, though I don't think they've ever done that with DLC. They did add amiibo functionality updates to Animal Crossing on 3DS with the Player's Choice re-release ...

Anyways, it's a while away, regardless, though I could see Player's Choice coming next holiday to move Switches when the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S are more in their stride.

Today only online, GS has Uber Eats and Doordash gift cards for 20% off.  I picked up a $50 Uber Eats card for $40.  That will make up for the fees they charge.  Plus if you make a purchase when they have a deal going on, even better.   The gift card is sent in your email right away.  Some people on the SD board have said they couldn't get the purchase to work using Paypal.  I didn't bother trying, used a CC and it worked just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back