2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the best time to renew powerup rewards in order to get the $5 monthly coupon?

Mine expires on Dec 27th. I think i didnt get my january 2020 coupon since it was too close to end of month. If i sign up too early, lets say Jan 3rd won't i miss the coupon for the January month anyway? What I want to do is sign my wife up (and baby if they would let me lol) at same time. But i first want to make sure the $5 reward still works on gaming cards in 2021 (psn, Microsoft, eshop). Thats all im using the membership for these days so a little concerned about policy changes when the new year starts.
I renewed a couple of days ago, and received 10 dollars off a purchase (if made at the same time) and 10k points. I didn't know they had this promo going, they girl at the register told me. Worked out great!

Is 30% extra toward Cyberpunk over with?
Yeah, last Saturday I think
It is worth it to call a store and ask. Usually the trade bonus for new releases goes beyond the release date/ week.
Any word of trade in bonuses? No sign of anything mentioned
It's amazing no one wants to make the effort to verify that the trade bonus is still going on beyond posting the question here. I was in store today and confirmed buying cyberpunk still gives 30%. My educated guess would be hyrule also gives it but I'll let someone else try it. Do not try to combine with $10 game coins/$30 coins, or b1g1 promo.

I did not ask about preorders. Nothing has been advertised.

Happened to me - I called until one of them fixed it. The idiot decides to refund me in GS credit instead of charging it back to my credit card. I was pretty livid - but I just took the L and spent it on something
My order (which was for same-day delivery on 12/3 through Doordash) is still marked as "shipped" when I view it online. Do you remember if the status was ever updated online when you requested your refund? Right now the only evidence that my refund has been processed comes from the mouth of somebody in a call center.

So last Friday I had three emails saying my orders shipped but all the information was blank. The spot for what was ordered etc was empty. Today I get 2 gift cards from GameStop fulfillment in Texas with gift cards amounting to 25.48 each. Did I not realize I ordered something that had an added bonus or what? Anyone else get free gift cards? The information in the envelope was completely blank as well other than the dollar amount. My bank, credit card and PayPal doesn’t have any charges that I don’t know about.

I've been out of the loop for a little bit, when was the last time GameStop had a trade promo?
They're also starting to have signs in-store for $30 trade credit for newer releases (like Age of Calamity) which don't stack with +20% towards cyberpunk, so now that the mini-bump from earlier this week is over ($35 for Link's Awakening, etc) may be better to wait for a good promo..

That's their standard poorly-communicated compensation for a cancelled/refunded item.
The worst is when they send that "we are working on your order. We will send you an update when it is shipped"... and almost always guarantees another 2 weeks of waiting.

You can also use DoorDash to pickup in store orders from GS. I've seen their delivery people come in for people's orders in the last couple of weeks.
Yea, I saw one the other day too... was really odd. Seems like the "deliver today" service is now free with orders 60+. Anyone actually find $75 worth of pickup items at one store to get the $5 discount? :bouncy:

So last Friday I had three emails saying my orders shipped but all the information was blank. The spot for what was ordered etc was empty. Today I get 2 gift cards from GameStop fulfillment in Texas with gift cards amounting to 25.48 each. Did I not realize I ordered something that had an added bonus or what? Anyone else get free gift cards? The information in the envelope was completely blank as well other than the dollar amount. My bank, credit card and PayPal doesn’t have any charges that I don’t know about.
I dont know what is going on with gamestop. They sent me a damaged game that was open with fingerprints and scratches although it was sold as new. Called them and they said they would send a new one. Week later never received it or an email, called again and they said don't worry the replacement will ship soon. Today I get an email that my order is cancelled and I was refunded for the item. Gamestop is the worst.

I dont know what is going on with gamestop. They sent me a damaged game that was open with fingerprints and scratches although it was sold as new. Called them and they said they would send a new one. Week later never received it or an email, called again and they said don't worry the replacement will ship soon. Today I get an email that my order is cancelled and I was refunded for the item. Gamestop is the worst.
At least you received a refund. I'm still waiting for my replacement to show up after 3 weeks and a refund for a 4 week old order that never shipped. I decided to make a dispute with my CC company instead of waiting for GS.

now you can try trading the damaged game in and see what happens!

Not sure if this was known already, but:

Website says xbox one x and ps4 pro each trade in for $175.

Store I went to tonight gave me $200 /ea. This was before I reactivated pro and before scanning anything to purchase.

Receipt says "Bonus: 25.00 Promo #26114" for both.

[attachment=35096:IMG_20201217_010835649~3.jpg]

*Walks into GameStop intending to use $5 monthly cert on Xbox Live code*

*browses clearance shelf*  :whistle2:k

[attachment=35094:lilith01.jpg]

[attachment=35095:lilith02.jpg]

Harrumph! Curse your wicked ways, GameStop! :shame:

*feels watched by a thousand eyes while passing the wall of FunkoPops!TM on the way out*  8-[

Well then...next month it is for the Xbox Live code. 

:rofl:

Does Gamestop ever answer their "Contact Us" form or is it a complete waste of time? I still have a package "awaiting carrier pickup" since 11/28 :(
I tried two times, last week and this, like others say they are not answering.

They did seem to send out a useless email about shipping issues in general:

A letter from our CEO regarding holiday shipping & shopping

With only a few shopping days left until Christmas Day, GameStop, like many retailers, is experiencing unexpected shipping delays for some online orders due to the all-time high volumes.

Our teams are working around the clock to ensure your order arrives on time. However, to help you avoid any delays, I’d like to remind you of the many convenient ways you can shop GameStop to receive your gaming, entertainment and pop culture gifts on time.

Through our Shop in Easy Mode capabilities, we’ve enhanced gamestop.com and the GameStop mobile app to provide you a safe and contactless shopping environment. These convenient platforms allow you to purchase your items from your store of choice, then take advantage of our Delivery@Door, Buy Online Pick Up In Store or Same Day Delivery services to make sure you receive your items the same day you purchase them. You can learn more about these capabilities by visiting gamestop.com/shopineasymode.

Regardless of how you prefer to shop at GameStop, our team of gaming experts are here to meet your needs. We encourage you not to delay in making your final holiday shopping purchases. And know that we’ll do everything we can to help you complete your holiday shopping wish list and surprise the gamer, or gamers, in your life.

All of us at GameStop sincerely appreciate your business. We wish you and your family a happy and safe holiday.

Power to the Players,
So nothing helpful about orders that are stuck on "waiting pickup" from mostly Fedex for several days/weeks....

Store I went to tonight gave me $200 /ea. This was before I reactivated pro and before scanning anything to purchase.

Are they going for less in your area on offer up and CL? I sold my Cyberpunk One X for $400 on offerup. I see regular One X and PS4 Pros going from $250 and up frequently here.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20201217_010835649~3.jpg
I'm going to have to head out and trade some stuff in if they're giving 200. That or I might try selling on offer up.

Debating trading in my XB1 S (1 TB) and Spiderman PS4 Pro, but it just seems like TIV is just too low for the Spiderman version of the console. I dunno. I used a $50 cert and paid $350 plus tax for it, so maybe I should just be happy with $200. I don't even want to hassle with the "open market" selling platforms.

Also I feel like the second I trade the XB1 S, suddenly I would be itching to play Forza Horizon. I don't use the XB as a multimedia device, but if I choose to can I find a better device for $135? Not sure it's worth the trade in either.

I'm just ashamedly addicted to the whole "buy-trade-buy-trade..." process to the point where I'm now getting more enjoyment out of debating the trades than playing the games.

Debating trading in my XB1 S (1 TB) and Spiderman PS4 Pro, but it just seems like TIV is just too low for the Spiderman version of the console. I dunno. I used a $50 cert and paid $350 plus tax for it, so maybe I should just be happy with $200. I don't even want to hassle with the "open market" selling platforms.

Also I feel like the second I trade the XB1 S, suddenly I would be itching to play Forza Horizon. I don't use the XB as a multimedia device, but if I choose to can I find a better device for $135? Not sure it's worth the trade in either.

I'm just ashamedly addicted to the whole "buy-trade-buy-trade..." process to the point where I'm now getting more enjoyment out of debating the trades than playing the games.
Looks like estarland will give you $300 if it's complete.

Just a heads up for anyone wondering about sales at stores currently closing. The Regency Mall Gamestop in Jacksonville is at 40% off used 10% off new and is in their first week of the closing sale so I think the timeline may be a little accelerated this time around.

Just a heads up for anyone wondering about sales at stores currently closing. The Regency Mall Gamestop in Jacksonville is at 40% off used 10% off new and is in their first week of the closing sale so I think the timeline may be a little accelerated this time around.
Honestly surprised that location made it this long 😂

Umm, I will buy your Spiderman PS4.

Also do anyone have advice? I buyed Cyberpunk on ps4 and pick it up at the montgomery village gs on 1 week ago 12-10-20 and never got the game coin they promise me... I call up CS and they told me 2 wait a week but its a week later. Still nothing. I didnt open yet so I may just return until PS5 version release.

well, if they dont make it a pain in the ass, i'd send it back to them. But i'm not going to put any more effort than putting a label on it and giving it to UPS or USPS.
I wouldn't even attempt. Your good deed will somehow end up being a disaster, I just let Gamestop do its thing and as long as I get my original orders, I let everything else go. Horrible company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back