2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Legally they can't, but I feel like if you alert them they'll try.
I see your point.

As for the Buy 5 get 50% off sale, it's so great because it's not like you have to worry about pairing like-cost games. Just straight 50% off stuff.

CIv 6 is $4.49 if you need "filler". I already own it but will just throw it on ebay for $10 after the holidays to break even on that one.

I see your point.

As for the Buy 5 get 50% off sale, it's so great because it's not like you have to worry about pairing like-cost games. Just straight 50% off stuff.
CIv 6 is $4.49 if you need "filler". I already own it but will just throw it on ebay for $10 after the holidays to break even on that one.
Nioh 2 is another $4.49 game after the 50% off.

I see your point.

What did u buy?

What did u buy?
some random switch games i never wouldve tried if not for 50% off.

Darksiders Genesis

My Friend Pedro

Snack World (i have no idea why i bought this other than it was a level 5 game and i love prof layton)

Civ 6

Puyo Puyo Tetris

and some other games i can't even remember.

someone in the thread earlier said it works in-store as well. I have not been to a store so i cannot confirm.

Thanks for the heads up on puyo but i already bought.

do the 50% off sale work in store too, i might visit the montgomery village store if anyone else hasnt checked them yet and let u know if their selection is good. i might order online but last time i order only 2 game had box art, 2 game came disc only and the last game came in empty generic gs case... i email them and they say they would send my replacement but they send gift card in mail instead which is weird... also my backlog is prety big so i might just sit it out. also confucious those are good game but u might want 2 wait 4 puyo puyo tetris 2 when it drop in price instead. its basicaly the same game as puyo puyo tetris but better version with more features.

some random switch games i never wouldve tried if not for 50% off.

Darksiders Genesis

My Friend Pedro

Snack World (i have no idea why i bought this other than it was a level 5 game and i love prof layton)

Civ 6

Puyo Puyo Tetris

and some other games i can't even remember.
fyi puyo puyo tetris is $10 new at target b&m

I bought final fantasy x/x2 preowned and didnt realize x2 is a download code. Is there a way to get x2 if you bought preowned?
No, on Switch the game can only be downloaded with the code. You might be able to find someone selling one but otherwise the only other way is if you luck out and find a preowned copy with a code that hasn't been redeemed.

Ordered 7 games for delivery (from the $29.99 50% sale earlier in week) and 6 have arrived CIB.  The one new game (Sayonara) was really new!  Shrink wrap and all.  Wow. 

Wow, as if the site wasn't dogshit enough, they removed the "Add to cart" buttons on the search results so you now have to open each individual game to see if they are in stock

Wow, as if the site wasn't dogshit enough, they removed the "Add to cart" buttons on the search results so you now have to open each individual game to see if they are in stock
I thought it was the website being buggy but you are correct. If it was not for these 50% and B1G1 deals I would not even bother with GS anymore.

I've never been a big fan of Gamestop but these recent deals they've been running have helped me triple my game library for 120 bucks. That's twenty games.. 

Dark Souls 2 Scholars of the First Sin, Skyrim Special Edition, Outer Worlds, Mad Max, Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal Edition, The Long Dark, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Gold Edition, Borderlands the Handsome Collection, Metro Exodus, A Plague Tale, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Wolfenstein : The New Order, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, We Happy Few, Lords of the Fallen, The Surge, The Surge 2, Gears of War 4, The Evil Within 2, Call of Cthulhu..

I've never been a big fan of Gamestop but these recent deals they've been running have helped me triple my game library for 120 bucks. That's twenty games..

Dark Souls 2 Scholars of the First Sin, Skyrim Special Edition, Outer Worlds, Mad Max, Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal Edition, The Long Dark, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Gold Edition, Borderlands the Handsome Collection, Metro Exodus, A Plague Tale, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Wolfenstein : The New Order, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, We Happy Few, Lords of the Fallen, The Surge, The Surge 2, Gears of War 4, The Evil Within 2, Call of Cthulhu..
Confused. There’s a cag who only had 10 games?

Dark Souls 2 Scholars of the First Sin, Skyrim Special Edition, Outer Worlds, Mad Max, Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal Edition, The Long Dark, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Gold Edition, Borderlands the Handsome Collection, Metro Exodus, A Plague Tale, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Wolfenstein : The New Order, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, We Happy Few, Lords of the Fallen, The Surge, The Surge 2, Gears of War 4, The Evil Within 2, Call of Cthulhu..
Between GPU/GwG/PS+ I don't think I had to buy any of those games.

So Gamestop sent me an email titled:

>>>"Pros get the points! As in 10,000 when you sign up for a Pro membership"

with the text:

>>>"Here are 10,000 extra reasons to sign up for a Pro membership.

Make sure you're a part of the next exclusive Pro Day sale – and all the other benefits that come with being a Pro. Sign up today for a PowerUp Rewards Pro membership and for a limited time, get 10,000 bonus points to use towards any game, console or collectible you want."

But when I go to the website, I can't find any information referring to this offer.  Based on the flakiness of Game Coin and coupon offers lately, I'd like something more concrete to go on in case I need to run this through customer service.  Does anybody have any insight as to start/end date, a flyer, page that has more details, etc.?

with the text:
Make sure you're a part of the next exclusive Pro Day sale – and all the other benefits that come with being a Pro. Sign up today for a PowerUp Rewards Pro membership and for a limited time, get 10,000 bonus points to use towards any game, console or collectible you want."

But when I go to the website, I can't find any information referring to this offer. Based on the flakiness of Game Coin and coupon offers lately, I'd like something more concrete to go on in case I need to run this through customer service. Does anybody have any insight as to start/end date, a flyer, page that has more details, etc.?
I renewed on Sunday and got my points Tuesday so all I can confirm is that it exists.

Doh, traded in my ps4 pro and signed up for a Pro membership last month. If I waited I could've gotten an extra $25 tiv and 10,000 points??

with the text:

But when I go to the website, I can't find any information referring to this offer. Based on the flakiness of Game Coin and coupon offers lately, I'd like something more concrete to go on in case I need to run this through customer service. Does anybody have any insight as to start/end date, a flyer, page that has more details, etc.?
I was wondering the same thing. A few weeks ago, someone posted a picture of an in-store sign that listed GS's promotions, which included 10k points for signing up or renewing Pro during the entire month of December. That was for in-store, though, so I'm wary of trying to renew online. Even if it is applicable online, many of the certificates you redeem the points for don't work. I renewed online on Pro Day and got the 10k points, but I think I'll sit this one out.

I fucking hate GameStop’s new website/app the in store pickup is never accurate. The app says they don’t have anything I’m looking for in stock at any GameStop near me then I go to different stores and they all have everything I want in stock. WTF!

I fucking hate GameStop’s new website/app the in store pickup is never accurate. The app says they don’t have anything I’m looking for in stock at any GameStop near me then I go to different stores and they all have everything I want in stock. WTF!
if they only have 1 in stock it wont show up on the website.

Lol. GS reeled me in again. I renewed my membership due to the 10k points promo. I figured that I could use the monthly coupon on some “The Office” Mystery Minis (don’t judge). I guess the figures are now rare in my area so I got the last 3 in my store.

The clerk charged my renewal and one box on the first transaction. He then used the welcome coupon and the Dec coupon on the last 2 boxes. He had a bit of trouble but the total came out to $0. It wasn’t until I got home that I noticed that he used the Dec coupon but wasn’t able to use the welcome coupon and just put $5 cash tendered. I know he used the Dec coupon because it disappeared from my active offers. He did sign the welcome coupon on my receipt but the code is still legible. I’ll see if I can convince someone to use the code on an eshop card.

BTW, the 10k points posted on my account the following day.

Pretty disappointing "holiday sale" & weekly ad...  when the best deal that isn't even advertised is renewing your membership  :dunce:

I think I've read conflicting reports but does the $5 monthly coupon apply correctly to sale games? Ie bioshock switch on sale for $20 monthly coupon makes it $15

Hi folks. I know this has been answered before but info seems to change a lot with GS.

I’m thinking of signing up for Pro. Can someone confirm: You get $5 per month that you can use on eshop cards? Does it have to be in store? I’m assuming it’s a use it or lose it situation?

Hi folks. I know this has been answered before but info seems to change a lot with GS.
I’m thinking of signing up for Pro. Can someone confirm: You get $5 per month that you can use on eshop cards? Does it have to be in store? I’m assuming it’s a use it or lose it situation?
Yes to all. The only speculation you got incorrectly is that you can't really get eshop cards online using the code, just *some* physical items online.

Pretty disappointing "holiday sale" & weekly ad... when the best deal that isn't even advertised is renewing your membership :dunce:
I already spent all my trade credit Monday and waiting for 100+ games to be delivered. I'm now in a deficit to pay off the x1x and ps5 i snagged during the saturday fiasco.

I haven’t personally used it on anything digital, but pretty sure you can. To anyone that can stomach GameStop, and have been getting stuff with these constant 50% off deals, Pro is definitely worth it. Took me awhile to sign on too. The $5 cert does expire at end of the month. You can actually use it twice a month, once online and once in store if you write the code down or save the email with it every month. If they are still giving 10,000 points for sign up, it’s basically free to sign up since you get a $5 cert upon joining too. $5 more for physical game informer magazine, or free for digital. Worth it to me for the physical, kind of fun getting a monthly gaming mag again. Plus you get 2x points I think with purchases, and other bonus offers. So, if you are spending the money anyway and use the cert twice per month, it’s basically a free $120 per year worth of certs and $5 if you want a year of physical game informer. The extra points you earn would add up too.

I haven’t personally used it on anything digital, but pretty sure you can. To anyone that can stomach GameStop, and have been getting stuff with these constant 50% off deals, Pro is definitely worth it. Took me awhile to sign on too. The $5 cert does expire at end of the month. You can actually use it twice a month, once online and once in store if you write the code down or save the email with it every month. If they are still giving 10,000 points for sign up, it’s basically free to sign up since you get a $5 cert upon joining too. $5 more for physical game informer magazine, or free for digital. Worth it to me for the physical, kind of fun getting a monthly gaming mag again. Plus you get 2x points I think with purchases, and other bonus offers. So, if you are spending the money anyway and use the cert twice per month, it’s basically a free $120 per year worth of certs and $5 if you want a year of physical game informer. The extra points you earn would add up too.
thanks for the reply. I can't find anything online that says 10k points for signing up. Also, i was gonna use the promo 4 for $30 (14.99 and under) and of course it doesn't apply on the site even though it's on the site.

I hate GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back