2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently on hold with customer service since they only sent one of the two MTG Jumpstart multi-packs I ordered (I only received one tracking number and the packing slips says there should be two in the package). Forty-eight minutes on hold and counting. Gotta love the holidays!

EDIT: I find it rather amusing that a company that sells video games can't properly loop its hold music.

EDIT 2: Two weeks for a replacement. After nearly an hour and a half on hold, I heard some lady talking to another in whatever language the call center speaks, so I kept trying to get their attention. Quite surreal. At least I'll get the second pack (though it was supposed to be a gift). At the end of the call, the lady said, "My name is...Joan" and I almost started laughing because I knew she nearly said her real name. She even giggled afterward. Gotta love call centers!

I can use some opinions since Immortals Fenyx Rising is $40 at GS now. It's easily one of my most favorite Switch games but I regret getting it on the Switch because of how awesome the game looks, so I plan on getting a Playstation copy but I don't plan on playing it until I get a PS5. Is it better to buy the PS4 version in the off chance that I do want to play before getting a PS5 and then upgrade later or just buy the PS5 copy and hold on to it?

Also, do stores that are closing honor sale prices or do their discounts only apply to retail price?

If you are signed up for GameStop emails, the email they just sent a few hours ago says they are still giving 10,000 points for Pro sign up or renewal.  It had a link, but not sure I would trust that.  In store probably best, I heard others successful with that.

I can use some opinions since Immortals Fenyx Rising is $40 at GS now. It's easily one of my most favorite Switch games but I regret getting it on the Switch because of how awesome the game looks, so I plan on getting a Playstation copy but I don't plan on playing it until I get a PS5. Is it better to buy the PS4 version in the off chance that I do want to play before getting a PS5 and then upgrade later or just buy the PS5 copy and hold on to it?
Do not buy an ubisoft game well before you intend to play it. They will drop in price (and continue to drop) faster than most.

Okay, I'm going to sound stupid here for a moment...

My "Pro" expires on January 4th.  If I pay $15 now to extend it for another year, I should still get:

• $5 per month ($5 x 12 = $60) in monthly coupons
  • 10,000 points ... which is about $10 in credit via certificates?
  • $5 sign up coupon
Am I right in reading this? Would I essentially get $75 in store value for $15 now, or am I misreading something?

(Side note: Anyone have an idea of how I can pawn off my physical XCom 2 for Switch for anything approaching $20? It's available digital for that price, and I just bought the stupid thing...)

I got the Immortals game coin 2 days after purchase. Then 2 days after that it dissapeared for no reason.
It disappeared from my account today as I was waiting in line to buy another copy.

My $10 Game Coin for spending $300 also disappeared a couple says after getting it and Gamestops response for both was that they expired.

Okay, I'm going to sound stupid here for a moment...

My "Pro" expires on January 4th. If I pay $15 now to extend it for another year, I should still get:

• $5 per month ($5 x 12 = $60) in monthly coupons
  • 10,000 points ... which is about $10 in credit via certificates?
  • $5 sign up coupon
Am I right in reading this? Would I essentially get $75 in store value for $15 now, or am I misreading something?

(Side note: Anyone have an idea of how I can pawn off my physical XCom 2 for Switch for anything approaching $20? It's available digital for that price, and I just bought the stupid thing...)
It's actually $75-$135 in "value" since GS's systems still allow you to use it twice. :whistle2:

If you have a spare 15000 points just redeem the membership renewal cert... and no $ out of pocket!

can u renew ur pur pro with ur $5 monthly coupon if u still havent used it this month yet. and if yes if u do it this way will u still get the 10k xtra points or is it consider 2x promo. thx - Tim

edit: also is there xpiration date 4 the xtra 10k point.i think store is open later now than usual becus of xmas holiday hour. im kind of nervous about deal becus im afraid it wont work but at least if i use $5 coupon it wont be as big of a deal if it dont go thru. and if it does go thru it is a kicka** deal its basicaly like getting a yaer of pur pro 4 free...
This is a good question actually... anyone try this?

Just redeemed 25,000 points for a $25 off online item and nothing in my active offers? Just how screwed am I?
Sometimes they're at the bottom of your Active Offers list rather than at the top. But there's also a bigger problem - even if you find the code, good luck redeeming it online as those particular coupons usually glitch.

I just renewed my membership literally last month on 11/29, do ypu guys think if I call gamestop they can give me the 10k promotional points for this month for renewing since I literally just renewed it ?

I just renewed my membership literally last month on 11/29, do ypu guys think if I call gamestop they can give me the 10k promotional points for this month for renewing since I literally just renewed it ?
Well, ymmv. Personally I wouldn't want to wait three hours on hold just for the possibility of getting 10k.

New low for GS.  On BF week I added a $25 physical gift card to qualify for free shipping on an order.

It was finally delivered (nearly a month later) in a plain stamped envelope and inside... was a gift card for $22.50.  Yeah, they even took the "free shipping" out of the GIFT CARD.  Astounding.

New low for GS. On BF week I added a $25 physical gift card to qualify for free shipping on an order.

It was finally delivered (nearly a month later) in a plain stamped envelope and inside... was a gift card for $22.50. Yeah, they even took the "free shipping" out of the GIFT CARD. Astounding.
that's actually hilarious. hopefully you don't have to stay on hold too long and they actually fix the issue.

that's actually hilarious. hopefully you don't have to stay on hold too long and they actually fix the issue.
No way my time is worth that $2.50. I'll make it up elsewhere. I'm just warning others not to fall for the "add a gc for free shipping" bit.

Also, they sent me the 360 version when I bought :xb1: Re-reckoning, didn't they?
[attachment=35114:4cag.jpg]

No way my time is worth that $2.50. I'll make it up elsewhere. I'm just warning others not to fall for the "add a gc for free shipping" bit.

Also, they sent me the 360 version when I bought :xb1: Re-reckoning, didn't they?
attachicon.gif
4cag.jpg
well that's Reckoning and not Re-reckoning, so yeah they definitely sent you the wrong thing...

I only got $7.50 on my $10 one I ordered on Black Friday to get free shipping along with a $27 Switch game. I thought I saw in this thread that the GC will still have the full amount on it even if the paper says it’s less.

I just did and it does have the full $10 amount on it.
Makes sense, they only list the price that way so if you want to return an item, you don't get the "Free" shipping back. The GC value being listed incorrectly probably just an oversight. Never trust and always verify!

Like if your trade-credit order gets stuck in "awaiting product availability" you get that amount back in credit. Kinda annoying when you're trying to maintain balance logs per card, but I haven't seen any noticeable billing errors from GS enough to complain about.

Check the balance online. And yes, that is definitely the 360 version since it doesn't say Re-Reckoning anywhere.

Check the balance online. And yes, that is definitely the 360 version since it doesn't say Re-Reckoning anywhere.
Thanks to the cags who posted about the full amount actually being on card - it is in fact $25. But placing a sticker saying value: $22.50 is still mass incompetence.

And the only place the says Re-recokning is on the GS sticker, so yeah I'll bet a seasonal GS employee processed a trade incorrectly as the remaster and I ended up with the disc.

Thanks to the cags who posted about the full amount actually being on card - it is in fact $25. But placing a sticker saying value: $22.50 is still mass incompetence..
It’s just an unnecessary angst creating process. This is why you need good people at corporate making decisions. So many companies fail because of corporate policy and not field level incompetence.

It’s just an unnecessary angst creating process. This is why you need good people at corporate making decisions. So many companies fail because of corporate policy and not field level incompetence.
I can definitely agree with that from my experience with top down decisions that knowingly just make things worse. As long as the person each level above can be convinced that whatever the top level asked for has been accommodated, that’s all that matters. Lies, hiding the facts, unintended negative consequences generally don’t matter after that because the next level below can just be blamed until it gets lost in confusion and the fault gets back to field level. Unless it’s something that puts the top level’s job on the line, nobody cares after the charts showing pretty numbers are put together. I think the biggest difference between good and bad middle management is someone that tries to see beyond the numbers and truly think about the best holistic solutions. Even with “improvements” GameStop has made, there are enough funny unintended consequences and glitches that it seems few are doing that there, but that’s probably the case everywhere now. The bottom line is all that matters, commodatized advertisements stating otherwise are just that.

Is it me, or are neither of the advertised pre own deals working? Tried for 4 for $30 under $15, and b3g2 $19.99 and under, and everything is still showing full price, no matter what combination of pre owned I try.

What is the gamestop phone number?  I have emailed twice about my order from November "awaiting carrier  pickup" and of course they won't reply.  I am going to need to call but everytime I go to "contact us" on the site, it just gives me the form and no phone number.  Thanks.

What is the gamestop phone number? I have emailed twice about my order from November "awaiting carrier pickup" and of course they won't reply. I am going to need to call but everytime I go to "contact us" on the site, it just gives me the form and no phone number. Thanks.
1-800-883-8895

Get ready to be on hold for a while, and to be connected to a very incompetent call center. Make sure to follow up your call with a very stern email (and I mean STERN since it's the only way they'll reply) if you're not happy with the outcome.

Has anyone had issues with a refund from online orders recently? And what are the odds GameStop will close my account with them if I file a credit card dispute (small amount, under $30)? I had a game listed on a packing slip from a B2G2 sale, but wasn't in the actual package. They mailed me a replacement game, but then charged me full price and shipping to send it to me.

I've been on the phone with their support line numerous times for over two weeks now. They keep telling me the refund was approved and will show on my credit card statement by end of day. I think my only option left is to file a dispute if I ever want the money back, but worry I will get a ban.

Has anyone had issues with a refund from online orders recently? And what are the odds GameStop will close my account with them if I file a credit card dispute (small amount, under $30)? I had a game listed on a packing slip from a B2G2 sale, but wasn't in the actual package. They mailed me a replacement game, but then charged me full price and shipping to send it to me.

I've been on the phone with their support line numerous times for over two weeks now. They keep telling me the refund was approved and will show on my credit card statement by end of day. I think my only option left is to file a dispute if I ever want the money back, but worry I will get a ban.
you've been waiting 10 business days for the refund to show up on your card?

1-800-883-8895

Get ready to be on hold for a while, and to be connected to a very incompetent call center. Make sure to follow up your call with a very stern email (and I mean STERN since it's the only way they'll reply) if you're not happy with the outcome.
Thank you. It says specifically in the automated prompt "if your package says awaiting carrier pickup, there is nothing our associates can do since it has moved too far in the process." However if it's been in that status since 11/28 , it seems like something is wrong. Would I be better just trying to do a CC chargeback or am i being too impatient? 3 weeks seems like forever to be awaiting pickup, seems to me like it got lost..

Thank you. It says specifically in the automated prompt "if your package says awaiting carrier pickup, there is nothing our associates can do since it has moved too far in the process." However if it's been in that status since 11/28 , it seems like something is wrong. Would I be better just trying to do a CC chargeback or am i being too impatient? 3 weeks seems like forever to be awaiting pickup, seems to me like it got lost..
I'd still try to speak with one of the call center people, since you may get somewhere, but if not, try sending an email threatening to do the chargeback if your package doesn't move soon (you can also make that threat to the call center person, and try to get a manager on the phone, though good luck). Give it another week after that, then do the chargeback. That's what I would do, anyway.

In other words, make a big issue out of it, a BIG one. These companies shouldn't be allowed to get away with this shit (I had a similar issue just yesterday, so I feel your pain).

you've been waiting 10 business days for the refund to show up on your card?
Technically today is the 8th business day (12th day total). I keep calling and get the same story over and over again about how the refund will be there by end of day. Normally with them it's 3-5 days. Spending 1+ hour a day on hold, getting the call disconnected at times, and having nobody fix the problem on their end has been a losing battle.

I ordered PS5 bundle and gamestop decide to ship everything except PS5 HD Camera. I received everything but HD Camera and it was stuck in transit for 15days. I spoke to gamestop CS and they said they will refund me for the camera but never received my refund and I filed complaint to paypal and paypal decided to refund me 100% for the PS5 bundle. I only asked for $50 refund but because gamestop failed to recognize the issue and paypal decided to refund me $876.

I ordered PS5 bundle and gamestop decide to ship everything except PS5 HD Camera. I received everything but HD Camera and it was stuck in transit for 15days. I spoke to gamestop CS and they said they will refund me for the camera but never received my refund and I filed complaint to paypal and paypal decided to refund me 100% for the PS5 bundle. I only asked for $50 refund but because gamestop failed to recognize the issue and paypal decided to refund me $876.
I wish I were you.

Wow. Biggest gaming come up of 2020. Congrats, man.

Finally renewed my PUR today and I should be getting the 10k points and be able to use my 2x $10 CP2077 coins

Also, my 2x Arctis 5 RGBs went from "awaiting product availability" to "preparing for shipment"...wow, they may actually ship! Fingers crossed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back