2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
attachicon.gif
SmartSelect_20201230-204536_Chrome.jpg

Is this order lost forever?
Nope. It's just going to take a while, like most USPS packages right now.

I ordered a mask on Etsy that did the same thing. It went almost 2+ weeks without being scanned for a tracking update and just arrived a few days ago, after getting that message a few times throughout the wait.

The origin location was about 9-hours away and the item took almost 3+ weeks to get here.

I'm in the same boat with a package I sent out on the 15th, it was last scanned on the 21st in WHITE PLAINS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER but hasn't been seen since and this was an eBay sale. Same thing happened with another package I sent out on the same day but it was only delayed 5 days in the same place and then it moved again.

Edit: They even closed my case that I opened today with the generic "it's cause of COVID" response without actually looking into the issue. Not a good thing when it's an eBay package.

Some insight from the trades I just did: 

The $5 bonus isn't working on most games (even if the value is greater than $5). Nioh2, Predator, Far cry primal & a few others had to be manually adjusted. LOU2 & all switch titles worked with no issues. Make sure you check the values on screen, I had to call out the mistake. 

Surprisingly I found Age of Calamity, Origami King & Pokken dlx used CIB at the same location. So I picked them up with the TC. 

I have not traded in an xbox one to gamestop before. I reset the console at home before going in and they told me they could not take it if it had been reset and that I needed to set up an account on it so they could test a game. Is that correct? How to do I ensure they do not have access to my personal information?
Traded in my X1X recently. Reset it, brought it in, got the credit. No hassle.

I have not traded in an xbox one to gamestop before. I reset the console at home before going in and they told me they could not take it if it had been reset and that I needed to set up an account on it so they could test a game. Is that correct? How to do I ensure they do not have access to my personal information?
You can create a new Gamertag using another email and login with that if you want

In the past I would reset the console to erase everything then go through setup again -- login to my dummy 2nd account to get to home screen

After that under Settings -> Account there's an option to "Remove Account" which would get rid of the dummy account but the store would still be able to get to the home screen to test a game -- after testing they would reset it again

Not sure if things have changed with any recent system updates -- if it has then just keep it logged in with dummy account and ask the store to remove the account and reset console after testing

Looks like the new wave of store closures has started. Lakeland Sq Mall in Lakeland, FL has started liquidation and allegedly a store in Pinellas County will be on the chopping block soon.
I'll be passing Lakeland on my way to Tarpon Springs (I'm on the other side of Orlando). I'd stop but I'll have my wife with me...

Does the double dipping on the $5 monthly coupon still work? I used it yesterday for a $5 xbox code in store. I recall someone saying that you just need to write down the code and put it in the promo code box in your shopping cart. I get a message that it can't be applied to the cart. I tried it on a sale item and non sale item but it didn't work. Any tips will be appreciated. Tia.

Went to GameStop today and they had maybe 5 DS games in the case, one of which I think was a fake copy of Pokemon Diamond. Weird to think how DS games are being phased out and nearly impossible to find, and it won't ever recover since most aren't accepted as trade ins. Obviously it's a 15+ year old console, but just a year ago every GameStop had tons and tons of DS games, and now essentially nothing. Really glad I stocked up on a lot early this year when they were doing B2G2 on last gen.

Some insight from the trades I just did:

The $5 bonus isn't working on most games (even if the value is greater than $5). Nioh2, Predator, Far cry primal & a few others had to be manually adjusted. LOU2 & all switch titles worked with no issues. Make sure you check the values on screen, I had to call out the mistake.

Surprisingly I found Age of Calamity, Origami King & Pokken dlx used CIB at the same location. So I picked them up with the TC.
Wonder if those games are going to drop in value, and that's why it acted finicky?

In any case, thanks for looking out. Was planning on trading MLB The Show 20, Predator Hunting Ground, and several other $10 base games.

I can confirm that the $5 bonus did not work on MediEvil or Nioh 2. After that I looked in the weekly ad and I didn't see anything about the $5 bonus. I saw a mention in the ad about the $10 bonus for next gen games though.
It's on the 2nd to last page of the "Finish the List" ad. Right next to the extra $10 on PS5/XSX games

I'm in the same boat with a package I sent out on the 15th, it was last scanned on the 21st in WHITE PLAINS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER but hasn't been seen since and this was an eBay sale. Same thing happened with another package I sent out on the same day but it was only delayed 5 days in the same place and then it moved again.

Edit: They even closed my case that I opened today with the generic "it's cause of COVID" response without actually looking into the issue. Not a good thing when it's an eBay package.
Were you the seller ? So in the end you lost out on your money?

I have 2 incoming packages with the same issue... one was late by over 3 weeks and the other nearing 1 month, and the response was the same "COVID delays, your package will be there soon!" and they closed the case within 24 hours of me opening the case. In the past, they'd send a follow up survey asking how the USPS did with the issue, no such survey this time around. Both of them are due to my local post office, which is trash.

If it makes you feel any better, I've had tons of packages in the White Plains NY location that did nothing for 2-3 weeks and then did show up. Seems like that's one of the more congested facilities but it seems like they're actually trying to catch up.

I have 2 incoming packages with the same issue... one was late by over 3 weeks and the other nearing 1 month, and the response was the same "COVID delays, your package will be there soon!" and they closed the case within 24 hours of me opening the case. In the past, they'd send a follow up survey asking how the USPS did with the issue, no such survey this time around. Both of them are due to my local post office, which is trash.

If it makes you feel any better, I've had tons of packages in the White Plains NY location that did nothing for 2-3 weeks and then did show up. Seems like that's one of the more congested facilities but it seems like they're actually trying to catch up.
Well I'm just concerned now cause the buyer wants a refund for the package not moving, I sent them a message saying the post office was backed up due to Christmas and everything but they haven't responded back yet.

Well I'm just concerned now cause the buyer wants a refund for the package not moving, I sent them a message saying the post office was backed up due to Christmas and everything but they haven't responded back yet.
Unfortunately they probably won’t respond. They are just waiting for the time when they can escalate and then they will get their money back.

Well it looks like the 12.99 sale price of Maneater got me. Picked it up end of November for PS4 for the free PS5 upgrade and it goes free for PS+ in January. Glad I didn’t open it. Back it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the same problem, but my item was quite expensive (was my old PS4 with 20 games which I sold for over $250) really hope USPS would react faster.

Spider-Man ($8.80 pro) and evil within 2 ($5.50 pro) just rang up without the bonus...the guy helping me must have been seasonal and the other guy working told him there was nothing that could be done to adjust it...so that was annoying (bought at a closing store for less than the trade price after the bonus)

Wasn’t at my “normal” store because their computer was down

Spider-Man ($8.80 pro) and evil within 2 ($5.50 pro) just rang up without the bonus...the guy helping me must have been seasonal and the other guy working told him there was nothing that could be done to adjust it...so that was annoying (bought at a closing store for less than the trade price after the bonus)

I just went through the same battle at my normal store. But about a month ago they went through and fired my entire store staff and manager. It's essential worthless going in there now. They told me to wait and talk to the new manager tomorrow but I'm worried the values will drop.

Hmm weird, I traded in a few games the other day with a 5 dollar base and the bonus popped up on the pad immediately.

Had 2 games with 5 and 8 base trigger the extra 5 but like everyone else Nioh 2 didn't.

Also had 1 game not even show up (Samarai Shodown for the One). It didn't show in the app either but not sure what it means that Gamestop shows no value at all for it.

For those that had their items shipped from GS via USPS, my items finally showed up today. The package was marked shipped as priority about the 18th, the order was marked as pre-shipment that day.

These were new games shipped in a box, shockingly nothing was damaged on arrival, no loose discs in those PS4 cases.

Mlb 20, battlefield v ps4 and medievil all did not prompt for the $5 bonus, but they were able to adjust it no problem after asking the manager about it. Sounds like ymmv based on others experience.

Just got back from GS. They had 2 copies of Predator PS4 for $9.99 new and they currently trade in for $10 base. People have been mentioning other $9.99 PS4 games not triggering the bonus $5, but even if it doesn't, I should at least break even. Using all my coupons, I got both games, $5 xbox, 2x Links Awakening posters, and a Spyro poster all for free because my store is awesome.

Just got back from GS. They had 2 copies of Predator PS4 for $9.99 new and they currently trade in for $10 base. People have been mentioning other $9.99 PS4 games not triggering the bonus $5, but even if it doesn't, I should at least break even. Using all my coupons, I got both games, $5 xbox, 2x Links Awakening posters, and a Spyro poster all for free because my store is awesome.
Same. Used 6 coins on copies of the PS4 holiday sale games. Today’s the last day of the sale.

Same. Used 6 coins on copies of the PS4 holiday sale games. Today’s the last day of the sale.

I couldn't get the employee to manually raise the TIV for Predator Hunting Grounds, MLB the Show 20, or Nioh 2. Also it appears as though Battlefield V (though it had a lower TIV than the other games, at $5 base) doesn't get the bump either.

Why can't this crap just work without some sort of manual override? Guess I'll trade more games in tomorrow and hope those four get updated in the system to work without an override.

So The $5 coupon for being PRO can only be used in store? Is this new or has it always been like that?
The coupon on the app says in-store only but I received an e-mail with the coupon w/ barcode and it says something different.

“REWARD CERTIFICATE
AVAILABLE FOR USE IN-STORE AND ONLINE*”

The small print in the email says - *1 coupon per person/per month. Excludes gift cards and select digital items.

I’ve never received an email for the monthly coupon so I don’t know if this is something new.

does anyone recall if yoshi and fire emblem for the switch have traded for $30 base anytime recently?

i’m debating whether the $32.50 is as good as it will get.

Received 2 used copies of Smash Bros 3DS that my 3DS will not recognize. Would you trade them back in for a profit or return them?
someone recently posted that they had to clean the smash 3ds connectors and then they worked fine...might want to try that.

and yes trade for profit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back