2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone recall if yoshi and fire emblem for the switch have traded for $30 base anytime recently?

i’m debating whether the $32.50 is as good as it will get.
Not recently but they've been on sale for cheap within the past 2 months. They've been a little better with that of late

does anyone recall if yoshi and fire emblem for the switch have traded for $30 base anytime recently?

i’m debating whether the $32.50 is as good as it will get.
Last time I traded Yoshi and FE:TH for a decent amount was the big trade bump that happened last week of July 2020 + 20% towards Ghost of Tsushima (was $35 base = $45.50 TC). Otherwise they've both been between $20 and 25 base the few times I've checked afterwards

Received 2 used copies of Smash Bros 3DS that my 3DS will not recognize. Would you trade them back in for a profit or return them?
I'm almost to the point of keeping some 3DS games for nostalgia and asking GS if they have any cases in the backroom they're going to throw out to have O:) Being able to put the entire 3DS library on a SD card has spoiled me. I mean at some point Mario Kart Wii is going to be more expensive than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe right? heh

The coupon on the app says in-store only but I received an e-mail with the coupon w/ barcode and it says something different.

“REWARD CERTIFICATE AVAILABLE FOR USE IN-STORE AND ONLINE*”
I guess maybe they always wanted us to use it both in-store and online to drive order volumes! :razz:

The coupon on the app says in-store only but I received an e-mail with the coupon w/ barcode and it says something different.

“REWARD CERTIFICATE
AVAILABLE FOR USE IN-STORE AND ONLINE*”

The small print in the email says - *1 coupon per person/per month. Excludes gift cards and select digital items.

I’ve never received an email for the monthly coupon so I don’t know if this is something new.
Monthly coupon emails are not the most consistent, but not new.

Did they remove the online reward certs from the rewards center for good? I have 15,000 points i wanted to use but i only see in store coupons which are useless to me.

Did they remove the online reward certs from the rewards center for good? I have 15,000 points i wanted to use but i only see in store coupons which are useless to me.
I don't know, I don't see it either. However I count my blessings they removed it as the online coupons never ever worked for me, they were totally glitched.

thanks for the yoshi/fe replies stringycupps1 and davem!

i had converted my 3ds games to digital, but since then started to accumulate physical for my son’s 2ds...not being able to family share 3ds is a bummer.

I’m not interested in my 6 yr old playing my snes 3ds xl so i am stuck being the 3ds game librarian lol

Buyer beware with the online certs...many cag’s have posted about them not working and being stuck losing points or calling customer service

Can anyone tell me what the highest trade value Splatoon 2 has been recently? TIA

$32.50 seems good. Not sure if there will be a bump on 1/8 since the $5 trade bonus ends on 1/9.

Traded in Smash 3DS x 2 ($7.70 each, bought for $5 and neither worked), Division 2 PS4 (only $3.30 but glad to be rid of it, good times flipping), Yoku’s Island Express ($11.60, switch). Got a $35 eShop card for free after my $5 monthly coupon and the trades.

Traded in Smash 3DS x 2 ($7.70 each, bought for $5 and neither worked), Division 2 PS4 (only $3.30 but glad to be rid of it, good times flipping), Yoku’s Island Express ($11.60, switch). Got a $35 eShop card for free after my $5 monthly coupon and the trades.
I'm the person who bought a broken smash and had to spend a while cleaning it and then got it to work. It just takes time, a q-tip, and a small amount of isopropyl alcohol.

Just think, now those two broken copies are back in their system just waiting for the next person to buy and be dissapointed when they don't work all because you couldn't resist a profit.

...Just kidding. I'm sure the next buyer will sell them back to GameStop for more than they paid, too since the only GameStop customers left are flippers.

I'm the person who bought a broken smash and had to spend a while cleaning it and then got it to work. It just takes time, a q-tip, and a small amount of isopropyl alcohol.

Just think, now those two broken copies are back in their system just waiting for the next person to buy and be dissapointed when they don't work all because you couldn't resist a profit.

...Just kidding. I'm sure the next buyer will sell them back to GameStop for more than they paid, too since the only GameStop customers left are flippers.
It was a moral dilemma and I spent 10 minutes trying to clean the games to no avail. I figured there was a good chance they put them back up for sale even if I returned them as defective. My packing slip also displayed lower prices since they deduct shipping and I didn’t want to deal with that hassle.

Oh well, lesson learned - I will now avoid all preowned games from them.

Couldn't decide what I wanted for my third $27.99 game (to trigger the b2g1 promo), so got two copies of the The Last of Us Part II and one copy of Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Has the LOU2 held it's value relatively well? It is the newer of the two games, so I'd imagine it will continue to have a semi decent TIV until I trade it back in.

Couldn't decide what I wanted for my third $27.99 game (to trigger the b2g1 promo), so got two copies of the The Last of Us Part II and one copy of Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Has the LOU2 held it's value relatively well? It is the newer of the two games, so I'd imagine it will continue to have a semi decent TIV until I trade it back in.
Saw somewhere on here it was $20 new shipped. Probably headed for the greatest hits while a ps5 version is released. Think the same happened with the first one.

I got an email on the 29th that says I can get a 10000 Point Reward Certificate if I renew my Pro.  I don't see anything about it on my active offers, though.  Does anyone know if this is still active?

Is it possible to use reward points on an in store cert and sell it to someone else or is it tied to my account? I probably wont be going into a gamestop anytime soon unless the coronavirus magically goes away.

Is there anything else i can do with my points?

Traded in a copy yesterday for $22 + $5 promo, so I got $27 for it. Not bad at all.

Traded in a copy yesterday for $22 + $5 promo, so I got $27 for it. Not bad at all.
I also traded my one copy in yesterday, for $27. So with b2g1 the games came out to $18.67 each.

Bought another copy, as I haven't finished the game yet and I couldn't really find anything else for $27.99... as there is barely anything available for online or store pickup. So hopefully by the time the games get delivered, the LOU2 still has a somewhat decent TIV and GS runs another trade promo (I assume towards the end of this month) that way I can keep one copy and trade the other in.

Is it possible to use reward points on an in store cert and sell it to someone else or is it tied to my account? I probably wont be going into a gamestop anytime soon unless the coronavirus magically goes away.

I’ll buy your points

Inbox me

If you search inventory online, then just go in and out to get something quick, it should just be a few minutes. I’m not spending time browsing in stores, but have gone in for pickups and returns. You could also try using your points for an online cert, but it may or may not work.

Traded Evil Within 2 and Medievil (both PS4) today. Neither rang up with the $5 bonus and the worker said he couldn’t adjust it. He pulled up the offer on his screen and said it’s only for “select PS4/X1/Switch games”.

Also, he tried to add a refurb fee on Evil Within 2 since there was a small nick on the disc. Funny because I had literally bought the game from that store a couple weeks ago and never got around to actually playing it. Told him I’d hold on to it, will just try another store since the promo isn’t over till 1/9.

GameStop sent me an e-mail with a $15 discount code because I purchased stuff on 12/26.  However, the code is for online use only, and states that "Coupon cannot be used on POSA, Gift Cards, Digital codes, New Hardware and New Software."

I'm having a hard time finding anything left to use the code on.  The B2G1 sale is still going on, but I can't really find anything left in Switch games that is reasonable...

I'd get a copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but I can't find anything to match it up with for savings.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Second question -- I'm trying to put together an order using In Store Pickup as well as Shipping, and something odd is happening.

The "Free Standard Shipping for $35+ Orders" doesn't appear to activate when I am:

• Picking up two $50 titles in store
  • Having 3rd, "free" title being shipped to me.
The shipping description says that I qualify for free shipping when the combination of Store Pickup + Shipping products is at $34.99 or more, but it seems to want to charge me $4 for shipping if I'm pickup up the paid items in store and the shipped portion is free / less than $35.  Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?

Second question -- I'm trying to put together an order using In Store Pickup as well as Shipping, and something odd is happening.

The "Free Standard Shipping for $35+ Orders" doesn't appear to activate when I am:

• Picking up two $50 titles in store
  • Having 3rd, "free" title being shipped to me.
The shipping description says that I qualify for free shipping when the combination of Store Pickup + Shipping products is at $34.99 or more, but it seems to want to charge me $4 for shipping if I'm pickup up the paid items in store and the shipped portion is free / less than $35. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?
Your shipped items have to total $35+.

Man, I went to the mall out in Manchester CT on Wednesday and their GS is closing, its almost empty. They also said the one at the mall down the highway was going out as well. Maybe they're getting rid of mall stores? I was a bit surprised cuz both these malls are busy

Man, I went to the mall out in Manchester CT on Wednesday and their GS is closing, its almost empty. They also said the one at the mall down the highway was going out as well. Maybe they're getting rid of mall stores? I was a bit surprised cuz both these malls are busy
It could be due to it's sq footage. The one in the mall here is closing cuz it's smaller than the one down the street.

The January $5 cert applies to a used game in cart for me. You're probably trying to apply it to an item they've restricted.
I just tried on a regular-priced item. It worked.
Thanks. I was hoping to use it for an in store pickup of the PS version of Immortals Fenyx Rising. Guessing the discounted price excluded it for online use.

Edit...nevermind. Got it to work when I switched to desktop mode in my phone browser.

What’s the trick to be able to use your monthly coupon both online and in store?
Copy-paste the code somewhere each month. EBC306xxxx-Vxxxxxx. Doesn't matter if you use it online or in-store first but it disappears form your active offers once you use it in-store.

Oh crap... I grew up going to that Electronic Boutique / Babbages / Funcoland. Sad times... :whee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back