2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an FYI tip, Doug flutie maximum football (ps4) monstrum (ps4) blacksad (ps4), and santa xmas adventure (ps4) have all been converted from new to preowned as of yesterday. Ordering them online, or buying them in store may result in sealed copies.

Not sure when these converted, but they were, and they are DCL the game (ps4) and warriors orochi 4 ultimate (ps4).

I needed a game or 2 for free shipping since I was buying granblue versus that was on sale, and I decided on shining for $14 new since I never know what condition I'm going to get when buying pre-owned games from them.
Do be advised that even if you buy new it doesn't mean it will be new from them. incredibly high probability of being disc only in generic case with them or bare minimum case, disc and case art only. As GameStop "new" is very ymmv.

Saw nothing. Lame how the 50% promo was killed, even for non-sale items. I wonder if it still happens to work instore?
Odd, the 50% worked on the non-pro day games before I went to bed last night, looks like its disabled now. Bleh... some stuff came back in stock this AM too!

50%/5 It didn't work in store when I test-checkout yesterday... and don't see a reason to go in today :oldman:

Great my store only has one copy left of both of the games I wanted Immortals and the KoA remake what are the chances these are still sealed?

Great my store only has one copy left of both of the games I wanted Immortals and the KoA remake what are the chances these are still sealed?
Well since those are newer games I think they can be sealed because at a lot of stores are using generic boxes to display the games now.

Not a whole lot worth the time on this Pro Day, but I managed to scrape together enough to get free shipping. I only really wanted the cheap games (been on a nostalgia/remaster tear recently), and the Sinister Six game for the hell of it:

Marvel Sinister Six Board Game - $5.00

Destroy All Humans! (new) - $14.99

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (new) - $14.99

Transformers Soundwave T-Shirt - $3.00

Since the B2G1 (or any other deal to be honest) doesn't actually work on any of the Pro-reduced, pickings were slim.

It's so frustrating when it takes 10+ days for a package to travel from a town one hour away to my house. I'm now 4 days past the delivery date and I'm pretty annoyed about the whole thing.

Only thing of note for me is Spend 200/150/100 get 30/20/10

$10 coupon when you spend $100 or more in a single transaction 1/23/2021 – 1/27/2021. $20 coupon when you spend $150 or more in a single transaction 1/23/2021 – 1/27/2021. $30 coupon when you spend $200 or more in a single transaction 1/23/2021 – 1/27/2021. Qualifying purchases excludes POSA, Gift Cards, Digital items, Arcades, Vizio TV, New Software, New Hardware, and Clearance.

Of course this starts right after I buy a preowned Z&Z switch lite.  Since it runs through Wed., I'm hoping the 50% off 5 preowned comes back Sun/Mon.

Might grab Immortals Fenix for 24.99 after $5 certificate.
Snagged the PS4 version for $14 in the buy 5 get 50% off sale. It can be upgraded to a PS5 version for free right now.

It's amazing how quickly the price on this game tanked, after only being out for a month.

I ended up get my son the Switch version with hopes of playing it once he was done but for $30 and with a $15 and a $5 cert to burn before the end of the month I want to pick up the Xbox version to play instead.
I played it on the switch lite since I was able to borrow immortals from the library. I am sure it runs/looks better on the xbox though.

yeah, it's a pretty good game too.
Agreed. Immortals is probably my favorite ubisoft game, even though it's a hard copy of an existing gameplay recipe.

I traded in the xb1/sX version for $29 during the +5 and bought it back for $14 during the 5/50%. Naturally this is now restricted as GS managed to take complete step back and call it Pro Day.

Purchased Immortals on PS5 but the manager said I couldn't use my $5 point certificate or my January $5 loyalty. He said neither can be used with the PRO sale price.

Purchased Immortals on PS5 but the manager said I couldn't use my $5 point certificate or my January $5 loyalty. He said neither can be used with the PRO sake price.
i can see not being able to use both since they're for the same amount...but you should have been able to use one no problem...sounds like another manager just making up rules (unless they've recently updated their system)...I guess he was checking you out? surprised that would even come up otherwise, just scan, say "hey, i wanna use XYZ on my account, they apply, and checkout"...no manager involvement needed...

How do I remove my monthly PUR cert? I wanted to see if it applied but it didn't look like it did anything so I tried again and it said, coupon is already in my cart. I don't wan t o waste it if it's not gonna give me anything. 

EDIT* nevermind, figured it out. 

i can see not being able to use both since they're for the same amount...but you should have been able to use one no problem...sounds like another manager just making up rules (unless they've recently updated their system)...I guess he was checking you out? surprised that would even come up otherwise, just scan, say "hey, i wanna use XYZ on my account, they apply, and checkout"...no manager involvement needed...
I told him I had both of those discounts, though I'm sure they show up when he brought up my PRO membership. I was able to use both a few months ago on a non PRO sale game.

Purchased Immortals on PS5 but the manager said I couldn't use my $5 point certificate or my January $5 loyalty. He said neither can be used with the PRO sale price.
It's not just a manager thing. From past Pro Day sales I was never able to use a cert on sale items from the ad.

I’m not sure about instore, but I know you can’t use coupons on “sale” items.

I wound up picking up a couple of the funko verse games (never seen the Jurassic Park one below $30 before) and the sinister six game. Also snagged a couple funkos but that was going to happen either way so just decided to do so cause they were b2g1 anyway. Was $5 short for free shipping so found 5 games in the buy 5 $4.99 games for $10 promo I didn't have to add in.

Otherwise glad I did my 5/50% order last night before pro sale started. Got Immortals for like $14.50 instead of the $25 its priced for pro day.

The fact that you can’t use these certs on sale items is insane. As soon as I get my $15 of value, I’m out. And based on their recent stock price, they don’t need me.
The pro membership monthly certs are really only beneficial for buying digital credit (xbla,psn,eshop) assuming you are going to the store monthly.

Certs are a gamble if you buy anything that there is any chance you will return because you lose them.

Going to the store monthly really depends on convenience and personal shopping...if you go anyways or its convenient then it makes sense.

If you need to make a special trip just to use a $5 cert, then that isn’t worth your time/gas/inconvenience

Hey all, just in case anyone was wondering, I can confirm that the 10% trade bonus advertised in the Pro Day ad does stack with the normal PUR bonus. (I saw it questioned earlier whether the 10% mentioned in the ad might have been a generic "this is what PUR members get everyday for being members" type thing.)

Hey all, just in case anyone was wondering, I can confirm that the 10% trade bonus advertised in the Pro Day ad does stack with the normal PUR bonus. (I saw it questioned earlier whether the 10% mentioned in the ad might have been a generic "this is what PUR members get everyday for being members" type thing.)
so you're saying that if you trade in 5 next gen games you'll get a 50% bonus (30%+10%+10%)?

Does anyone know if GS is still taking trade-ins without the cases? If not, does it have to be the case for the game - will putting an X1 game in a 360 case work?

I did a trade of ps5 and switch games, you get 40% total boost with 5 or more, all other games getting 20% with pro day boost. I didn't trade towards anything.

I traded spiderman miles morales, $20 base, $8 bonus total, making it $28.

Mario odyssey and breath of the wild yield $35 total after bonus.

I did a trade of ps5 and switch games, you get 40% total boost with 5 or more, all other games getting 20% with pro day boost. I didn't trade towards anything.

I traded spiderman miles morales, $20 base, $8 bonus total, making it $28.

Mario odyssey and breath of the wild yield $35 total after bonus.
I was just thinking about trading in MM now that I finished it. Really short game. I know I just missed the 10 dollar boost, but I wonder if I should just take the extra 10% now in case the value slides too much to make waiting for a new promo worth it. I don't have enough stuff to trade in to trigger the added bonus anymore.

I was just thinking about trading in MM now that I finished it. Really short game. I know I just missed the 10 dollar boost, but I wonder if I should just take the extra 10% now in case the value slides too much to make waiting for a new promo worth it. I don't have enough stuff to trade in to trigger the added bonus anymore.
if you do the preorder promo, you'll get 30% which isn't bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back