2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back picked up Immortals for 29, you CANT stack the $5 so I picked up another $5 xbox credit.
Was yours a physical card? Those coupons used to not apply to digital currency back when I went to Gamestop more often (must be 7 years ago now). I just went in today and used one, but all they had were the $10 cards. Wondering if it's commonplace for Gamestop to not display $5 denominations.

Was yours a physical card? Those coupons used to not apply to digital currency back when I went to Gamestop more often (must be 7 years ago now). I just went in today and used one, but all they had were the $10 cards. Wondering if it's commonplace for Gamestop to not display $5 denominations.
the monthly $5 pur coupon can be used on digital currency

They're not a physical product. But if you get a competent employee, they can find a digital $5 code for xbox or eshop that prints on receipt.
Ah great, thanks. I hadn't been using these $5 coupons, despite getting one every month since their inception. Did a quick search on Google, and it looks like you could use the $5 coupons on digital currency starting in 2016 sometime. I live about 5 minutes away from a Gamestop, looks like I have to start going there to get free digital games.

I hit a closing store on my way and quickly grabbed Madden 21 for 8 bucks to flip. I had stopped flipping before, but I couldn't resist the easy 10 bucks. Spider Man MM ended up trading at 26, which isn't that bad considering how many have probably been traded and how short it is.

Ah great, thanks. I hadn't been using these $5 coupons, despite getting one every month since their inception. Did a quick search on Google, and it looks like you could use the $5 coupons on digital currency starting in 2016 sometime. I live about 5 minutes away from a Gamestop, looks like I have to start going there to get free digital games.
Even though the old program was vastly better, even the 5 dollar coupons are pretty good if you buy digital cards. As long as I am patient and save up the cards/credit, anything I buy on PSN is essentially half price. Add in PSN sales and that makes it even harder to buy physical when you do the math...unless you're planning on keeping the game forever.

So, I purchased a few thing with the $15 Online certificate back on the 9th...

It looks like my package might actually arrive tomorrow.

This has been an exceedingly long shipment.

The fact that you can’t use these certs on sale items is insane. As soon as I get my $15 of value, I’m out. And based on their recent stock price, they don’t need me.
Their stock value has nothing to do with their success or failure right now. Their stock is the most shorted stock on the market right now

Yep tried to use a $10 and. $15 certificate on Immortals and it wouldn’t take luckily the girl somehow had the system take it off. I was hoping she just manually took $10 and $15 off and I still might have my certificates but no such luck.

Ordered 5@50% off plus a backpack yesterday after noon. Today I ha a package containing 2 of the 5 arrive from FedEx, shipped directly from a GameStop 3 states away! I didn't even get a shipping notification yet. Nice job GameStop!

Then again, if they're paying for next day delivery on an order that was barely $60 and will likely broken into 3 or more shipments... Y'all might want to sell that stock sooner than later.

Just ask them it is the digital but they put it on the receipt, did two $5 in two days.

The GameStop website says if you join or renew rewards pro membership you get 10,000 points. Has anyone gotten those points recently?

The GameStop website says if you join or renew rewards pro membership you get 10,000 points. Has anyone gotten those points recently?
yes. about a week ago. New sub.

I totally regretted it. The points dont stack with shit and i only buy stuff online.

YMMV.

yes. about a week ago. New sub.

I totally regretted it. The points dont stack with shit and i only buy stuff online.

YMMV.
If at some point you manage to use the 10,000 points and the $5 welcome cert, it’s already paid for. Points are a pain to use especially trying with any deals, but if you just save them up for one big in store purchase, that works well for me. Things that don’t really go on sale much or that you have to get in store anyway. Earning more points and the $5 cert per month, basically free. I totally get the skepticism and some of the criticism, I was a hold out a long time in joining PRO, but I’ve had the opposite experience. I regretted taking as long as I did to finally try it out. I like getting a monthly gaming mag now too, not loaded with ads or existing just to pull the GameStop line like I assumed it would be.

If at some point you manage to use the 10,000 points and the $5 welcome cert, it’s already paid for. Points are a pain to use especially trying with any deals, but if you just save them up for one big in store purchase, that works well for me. Things that don’t really go on sale much or that you have to get in store anyway. Earning more points and the $5 cert per month, basically free. I totally get the skepticism and some of the criticism, I was a hold out a long time in joining PRO, but I’ve had the opposite experience. I regretted taking as long as I did to finally try it out. I like getting a monthly gaming mag now too, not loaded with ads or existing just to pull the GameStop line like I assumed it would be.
I’m hoping to save up enough points to use on a new release I know won’t drop in price for a while. Probably a first party nintendo game.

GameStop’s website is awful. Feels like it was programmed by high school students.

For example: when you add a filter, the sort order shouldn’t change back to Best Match. Their product manager needs to be shot.

I was wanting to get more games at 50% off and 5 for $10 online today, especially with the $30 back on orders $200 or more. Waited too long, the deals are done online. Hoping for something good tomorrow.

You did it in-store? I remember you asked if the free subscription coupon worked online. So you weren't able to, right?
Totally misread the online thing or the text that says its in store wasn't there the last time I looked. Yes I used it in store. Offer showed up as a scan-able QR code in the app.

How do I fix Access Denied in gamestop?
I think Gamestop blocks my IP if I connect to my own wifi yesterday....I am using google chrome to try to buy the ps5 but it failed. I cannot go into their website at home. However, if I use my mobile phone network with T mobile, I can go to their website.

If anyone can teach me how to do that, I will be appreciated.
I'm wondering the same thing. I tried snagging a XSX or PS5 the other day when they allegedly had a restock. Of course to no avail as I kept getting error messages. And, no, I wasn't spamming the site with multiple devices..I literally was just using my phone because I wasn't that pressed. If I got one, great. I should've known it was a waste of time. Ever since I either can't access the site or the appa doesn't work at all. The site seems to work fine at work. A friend of mine who also tried snagging a console is having the same issue.

So, you don't have to print out a cert with the points to use them in store? Sounds great!

just go once a month and buy the $5 eshop or xbox currency with your monthly PUR coupon
For me it's a hassle having to wait until 12pm for the store to open. I didn't bother re-newing my Pro membership because Gamestop keeps changing their terms on the PUR monthly certs. First they would let you use it on sale items and DOTD, but now they have removed that. Their next step is to remove being able to buy digital currency with PUR certs. To each is their own.

For me it's a hassle having to wait until 12pm for the store to open. I didn't bother re-newing my Pro membership because Gamestop keeps changing their terms on the PUR monthly certs. First they would let you use it on sale items and DOTD, but now they have removed that. Their next step is to remove being able to buy digital currency with PUR certs. To each is their own.
I was about to use it on the Deal of the Day today and just found out the coupon doesn't apply. Is this new?

But you are saying you can get digital currency with it? I thought that wasn't allowed so I never tried.

I was about to use it on the Deal of the Day today and just found out the coupon doesn't apply. Is this new?

But you are saying you can get digital currency with it? I thought that wasn't allowed so I never tried.
It was either May or June (last time I tried) that they stopped letting use the coupon on DOTD sales. Yes you can use certs to buy digital currency ex. e-Shop, Xbox gc or Playstation gc, but it only works in store, not online.

I'm wondering the same thing. I tried snagging a XSX or PS5 the other day when they allegedly had a restock. Of course to no avail as I kept getting error messages. And, no, I wasn't spamming the site with multiple devices..I literally was just using my phone because I wasn't that pressed. If I got one, great. I should've known it was a waste of time. Ever since I either can't access the site or the appa doesn't work at all. The site seems to work fine at work. A friend of mine who also tried snagging a console is having the same issue.
You can try various VPNs to see if any work. VPN subscription services are very affordable, I think mine was $30 for life. Not only do they protect you from some forms of data collection, but they also prevent DMCAs from getting to you or your ISP.

Another option is to try Hola VPN. It's a free browser extension for Chrome and Firefox and will only work for your internet browser. You're limited to an hour per session for free, but that should be enough time. I don't believe users are allowed to tunnel in and do packet sniffing, so your information should be safe.

Lastly, if you have a good data plan (mine is unlimited), just turn mobile tethering on on your phone and use it as a wi-fi hot spot.

RE: renewing your PUR Pro subscription and receiving 10,000 points - my points haven't come through after renewing in-store yesterday.

Of course this starts right after I buy a preowned Z&Z switch lite. Since it runs through Wed., I'm hoping the 50% off 5 preowned comes back Sun/Mon.
Please share what condition the Z&Z lite comes in - usually see them come in and out of stock a couple times a week.. guessing no shot at having an intact box heh. Also hope the 50% comes back before Wed! :pray:

Ordered 5@50% off plus a backpack yesterday after noon. Today I ha a package containing 2 of the 5 arrive from FedEx, shipped directly from a GameStop 3 states away! I didn't even get a shipping notification yet. Nice job GameStop!

Then again, if they're paying for next day delivery on an order that was barely $60 and will likely broken into 3 or more shipments... Y'all might want to sell that stock sooner than later.
Yea, a few instances in the last few orders shipped via FedEx haven't gotten notification from GS they have shipped and still stuck in "preparing for shipment" even though the items have arrived. Kinda annoying to get orders stuck in your history this way. :oldman: I do find it weird that Fedex Ground delivers on Sunday while Fedex Express doesn't... guess I can wait a day!

Anyone else seeing a coupon in their Active Offers for save $10 on Days Gone? The coupon looks like it only works in store. The game is on sale for $18.99 (pre-owned) and with the coupon it would come down to $8.99.

It was either May or June (last time I tried) that they stopped letting use the coupon on DOTD sales. Yes you can use certs to buy digital currency ex. e-Shop, Xbox gc or Playstation gc, but it only works in store, not online.
Do they even sell $5 game cards? And what about trying to buy the DoTD in store? Does it not allow them to do it there either?

Do they even sell $5 game cards? And what about trying to buy the DoTD in store? Does it not allow them to do it there either?
You have to ask the cashier for the $5 digital currency and ask them to apply your $5 monthly PUR coupon. DOTD don't work in store, it's an online only deal, but you can do in store pick.

You can purchase a $5 Xbox Live code at the register by using your monthly coupon to pay for it. They will print the code on your receipt. As someone else posted a few weeks back, it's a good way to get $60 in Xbox Live credit for $15 over the course of a year.

Please share what condition the Z&Z lite comes in - usually see them come in and out of stock a couple times a week.. guessing no shot at having an intact box heh. Also hope the 50% comes back before Wed! :pray:
I've bought 2 now. Both of them came in good condition with very minor blemishes on the back. Ugly gamestop box only for both. Does contain an oem charger though. The one I bought last week actually has a better quality screen than my first one. So the first one is now being loaned to my nephew so he can play the digital games I own.

Also waiting for 5/50% to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back