2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I bought used games online from GameStop but they didn’t come with cases, is it possible to go to a retail store and maybe ask for the right case? Is that something that people do?

Anyone else's active offers cluttered even more with "PUR Perks" on games you've probably bought and traded in a few times? (all $10 off PS4 games oddly... assuming full MSRP and can't combine with any other promos... )
Yep. I tried applying it to days gone, which is on sale, and it doesn't apply. Really annoying and stupid.

YMMV. I'll typically just do a re-buy, then return later.
What’s their return policy for used games? You just bring the cartridge like that? lol

So you just buy another copy of the same game (used or new? I heard it’s about pretty much the same at GameStop lol) and then keep te case?

I never buy from GameStop, hence my questions

I get that these people on reddit are trying to screw over short sellers, but I feel like this is just going to let gamestop management cash out and end up getting over on everybody while still mismanaging the company.

I hope you guys are getting the 30x return on your GME purchase. Insane what it has done today.
Invested $5k (my min for a random stock purchase) last Feb... should make a tidy profit but holding out for a few more weeks to hit long term gains... I will probably regret this decision.

My guess would be in that hypothetical the "trading in a lot" would be flips and boomerangs purchased at GameStop which would equal savings. It's absolutely fake.
I've only been Caggin for 2 years as a hobby, but with roughly 15k in purchases and 3k in current credit, sitting at just under 750k lifetime points @ 3.5k savings. For retail arbitrage resellers spending 60k+ a year doing very few trade-ins or in-store purchases, I could see someone legit having 5m+ points over time. :hd: but yea, resellers would have a ton more "savings" metric I would guess...

Invested $5k (my min for a random stock purchase) last Feb... should make a tidy profit but holding out for a few more weeks to hit long term gains... I will probably regret this decision.

I've only been Caggin for 2 years as a hobby, but with roughly 15k in purchases and 3k in current credit, sitting at just under 750k lifetime points @ 3.5k savings. For retail arbitrage resellers spending 60k+ a year doing very few trade-ins or in-store purchases, I could see someone legit having 5m+ points over time. :hd: but yea, resellers would have a ton more "savings" metric I would guess...
Yeah and resellers truly take advantage of clearance collectibles which are an absolute goldmine.

I get that these people on reddit are trying to screw over short sellers, but I feel like this is just going to let gamestop management cash out and end up getting over on everybody while still mismanaging the company.
That was my first thought. Management that can cash out their stocks would do so ASAP and get their "golden parachutes" for lack of a better term. I'm not sure what the rules are though for how quickly they can do so.

I don't do stocks, but anyone should realize that none of this is being driven by reality.

Got my 2nd refurbished Zelda (NEW) 3DS in today, and it was a little more dinged up than the base black Zelda 3DS I got earlier. But overall happy and adding to the portable shelf. Comparing the two XL was the correct modifier!  :3ds:

0tFwa3T.png

I received a 20% off coupon in an email that says it’s for a specific store since another store not far from it is closing down but has anyone ever been able to use 1 at any store because it’s a location I don’t live near anymore?

Anyone get their bonus $10 & $20 from spending over $200? It's still good as far as promotion goes but didn't get anything at all
Promo terms:
Coupon will be delivered by 2/3/2021 after qualifying. Coupon redemption is online only and valid between 2/4/2021 – 2/7/2021.

What’s their return policy for used games? You just bring the cartridge like that? lol

So you just buy another copy of the same game (used or new? I heard it’s about pretty much the same at GameStop lol) and then keep te case?

Used games can be returned in 7 days for any reason last I checked. Had bought a bunch during the covid shut down flash sales then over the next several months (I travel a bit) I would stop in various towns and cherry pick nice CIB copies of the crap I received in the mail then swap stickers/etc. and return the mailed crap under the new receipt at one of my local stores. I never got any guff from the returns but it's been said on here ymmv so maybe don't over do it all at once. Haven't done it much since the store reset; in theory I guess you could just ask but browsing the used section was kind of the point for me.

Used games can be returned in 7 days for any reason last I checked. Had bought a bunch during the covid shut down flash sales then over the next several months (I travel a bit) I would stop in various towns and cherry pick nice CIB copies of the crap I received in the mail then swap stickers/etc. and return the mailed crap under the new receipt at one of my local stores. I never got any guff from the returns but it's been said on here ymmv so maybe don't over do it all at once. Haven't done it much since the store reset; in theory I guess you could just ask but browsing the used section was kind of the point for me.
Alrighty! Thanks for sharing, I’ll see if I can score some CIB for these switch games I bought during the winter sale

I'm pretty sure all Hyrule Gold 3DSs are dual IPS.
Having heard the same thing, I bought 2 hyrule gold units a couple years ago in a b2g1 through GS. One was dual IPS, one was dual TN. I sold the one with TN screens and the one with IPS is my primary 3ds to this day.

Twisted nematic vs in-plane switching.

Tn panels generally have inferior viewing angles and show colors worse than IPS screens.

Having heard the same thing, I bought 2 hyrule gold units a couple years ago in a b2g1 through GS. One was dual IPS, one was dual TN. I sold the one with TN screens and the one with IPS is my primary 3ds to this day.
Yea, with GS you never know what screens they've swapped out from refurb trades.

Return it within 7 days for any reason. You buy the new one with the case and return the old one exactly as it arrived with the new receipt

Can't see any dings in these images. Amazing score.
Yep, there are some scratches and some small dings if you look really close under a bright light, but better than I was expecting considering the Wii U I got from them two years ago looked like it was orbital sanded with 100 grit sand paper :bomb:

Dual IPS?
Uh... I'm old and can't see to well, but it does look pretty fine from the side (not sure how else to tell?). Looks better than the 2DS XL Pokeball my kids use, but then again those screens look ok to me from an angle too. :shock:

I am beginning to wonder if my local GS is going to be closing soon. Looking online and there is shit for stock on hardly any recent release.  Even CP2077 on both Xbox and PS4 is sold out. With the disappointment I would assume people be trading that in.

Why trade in when you can return it for a full $60? And once returned, GameStop has to mark the game as defective and send back to CPR.

I am beginning to wonder if my local GS is going to be closing soon. Looking online and there is shit for stock on hardly any recent release. Even CP2077 on both Xbox and PS4 is sold out. With the disappointment I would assume people be trading that in.

Look from an extreme angle.
Took some pictures. Kid's Pokeball 2DS was covered in what I can only assume is pizza grease with some granola bar residue, so I used their spare Turquoise one for these shots: Zelda New 3DS XL on left, Turquoise 2DS XL on right:

pidQGJs.png

Took some pictures. Kid's Pokeball 2DS was covered in what I can only assume is pizza grease with some granola bar residue, so I used their spare Turquoise one for these shots: Zelda New 3DS XL on left, Turquoise 2DS XL on right:
Top 3ds screen looks IPS. Probably both. On the bottom screen, if you can see a few bright points at each side's edge.. that's what I use to confirm a TN screen.

Top 3ds screen looks IPS. Probably both. On the bottom screen, if you can see a few bright points at each side's edge.. that's what I use to confirm a TN screen.
Agreed.

Both left screens look IPS. Top one definitely but the clarity of the bottom one is the give away.

The right ones are definitely TN. What you call bright points at the edge I call a hazy/unfocused glow. It's as though the pixels are slightly transparent when viewed off center so you are seeing through the pixels diagonally to just get soft light whereas the IPS retains the clarity and distinct pixel separation even at extreme viewing angles.

I am pretty sure all 2DS XL's are TN screens. I have the Hylian Shield one and the screens are bad, but its still a super cool system. I had a Majoras Mask XL that was top IPS bottom TN but had to retire it after one of my dogs got a hold of it. Shortly after I ordered a Hyrule edition for $100 credit and showed up in great shape and dual IPS. Dual IPS is by far superior. 

My dual sense charging station order has been charged from last weeks batch online, but it still says awaiting availability. How long do I think it should be? Should I cancel it? I was charged like last Wednesday or Thursday

So apparently Gamestop stock hit $150 today. I made a call previously knowing the next generation of consoles would boost the stock but sold at $13. I'd I held my shares yesterday I would have been a literal millionaire. Could have quit my job and retire. So many regrets. Hope you guys are doing better than me.

So apparently Gamestop stock hit $150 today. I made a call previously knowing the next generation of consoles would boost the stock but sold at $13. I'd I held my shares yesterday I would have been a literal millionaire. Could have quit my job and retire. So many regrets. Hope you guys are doing better than me.
Don't market time dude. The truth is that for every missed opportunity like this, there is some company you put your money down on with stock that tanks. Gamestop only hit $150 for a blip yesterday, and was half that at close, think about how slim the chances of timing your purchases and sales would have to be to have profited off it hitting $150. What about the poor fool who bought at $150/share at 11 AM and was stuck with $77/share at 4 PM? That sort of volatility is NOT where your want your money, and investing your money in a company as troubled as Gamestop is equivalent to going to Vegas and playing roulette.

Sigh.. always disappointed when I wake up in the morning, check my cart, and still see no 50% off 5 active :???:

You guys should try an OLED Vita.
I actually bought a PSP back in the day, and think the UMD discs are cooler now than they were back then... does GS even get Vita stock back? I didn't think the form factor was different enough from the PSP for the gaming shelf, but might give it a whirl if I can find one somewhere. Amazon warehouse wants... 190!

Don't market time dude. The truth is that for every missed opportunity like this, there is some company you put your money down on with stock that tanks. Gamestop only hit $150 for a blip yesterday, and was half that at close, think about how slim the chances of timing your purchases and sales would have to be to have profited off it hitting $150. What about the poor fool who bought at $150/share at 11 AM and was stuck with $77/share at 4 PM? That sort of volatility is NOT where your want your money, and investing your money in a company as troubled as Gamestop is equivalent to going to Vegas and playing roulette.
So you're saying we should have a limit-sell of 2x the opening value on every security in the portfolio for blips!!! :razz:

That sort of volatility is NOT where your want your money, and investing your money in a company as troubled as Gamestop is equivalent to going to Vegas and playing roulette.
FALSE: Roulette Payout Odds > GameStop Stock Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back