2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh.. always disappointed when I wake up in the morning, check my cart, and still see no 50% off 5 active :???:

I actually bought a PSP back in the day, and think the UMD discs are cooler now than they were back then... does GS even get Vita stock back? I didn't think the form factor was different enough from the PSP for the gaming shelf, but might give it a whirl if I can find one somewhere. Amazon warehouse wants... 190!

So you're saying we should have a limit-sell of 2x the opening value on every security in the portfolio for blips!!! :razz:
I was able to get a Vita at local gamestop store back in December 2019 when it was on sale for $75. Used certs and got it for $20. Their price now is $170, but haven't seen any instock online for a long while. Also got a 20gb ps3 for $10 after certs in Sept 2019. Not expecting to see those any time soon.

In general since the pandemic I’ve noticed that stock has dwindled at GS. Not just in store but online as well. Also the stock checker online for local stores is wrong a lot of the time.

Anyone else experience the same? Is it because of the pandemic that people have been trading in less?? I remember I used to be able to find almost everything locally, but now it’s hard to find almost any game.

In general since the pandemic I’ve noticed that stock has dwindled at GS. Not just in store but online as well. Also the stock checker online for local stores is wrong a lot of the time.

Anyone else experience the same? Is it because of the pandemic that people have been trading in less?? I remember I used to be able to find almost everything locally, but now it’s hard to find almost any game.
I blame the PS5, XBSX launches for fucking up the stock checker. They started turning it off because people were harassing the stores about inventory it might say they had and it hasn't been right since.

So I bought Splintercell: Blacklist as part of the 5 for 10 deal to get to free shipping this weekend.  At first I was shocked to receive a complete, with case/manual copy that appears to be in like new condition... then I realized that they sent me Conviction instead of Black List. Sigh.  Totally not worth the $2 to try and return it (not to mention trying to convince the GS employee that I was sent the wrong game).  Thankfully I remember this game has an awesome co-op mode so giving it to a friend who is interested in trying that out. 

Depends on the store. One mall store near me only had 112 PS4 games another store only had 143. They can print out a list. Seems like most hardware and software is out of stock though. I think as odd as it sounds the new method of Gamestop leaving empty cases on the wall might look better than having only 30 preowned games on a wall many of which are the same old title no one would buy.

So I bought Splintercell: Blacklist as part of the 5 for 10 deal to get to free shipping this weekend. At first I was shocked to receive a complete, with case/manual copy that appears to be in like new condition... then I realized that they sent me Conviction instead of Black List. Sigh. Totally not worth the $2 to try and return it (not to mention trying to convince the GS employee that I was sent the wrong game). Thankfully I remember this game has an awesome co-op mode so giving it to a friend who is interested in trying that out.
I picked up a copy of Blacklist at a local store last week, also complete, and I can never, ever sell it, because it has a Hastings "Used" green spine sticker (those of you not from the midwest will likely have no idea what I'm talking about).

I picked up a copy of Blacklist at a local store last week, also complete, and I can never, ever sell it, because it has a Hastings "Used" green spine sticker (those of you not from the midwest will likely have no idea what I'm talking about).
Call in the morning to avoid wait times and hopefully they will send it out to replace yours.

Don't market time dude. The truth is that for every missed opportunity like this, there is some company you put your money down on with stock that tanks. Gamestop only hit $150 for a blip yesterday, and was half that at close, think about how slim the chances of timing your purchases and sales would have to be to have profited off it hitting $150. What about the poor fool who bought at $150/share at 11 AM and was stuck with $77/share at 4 PM? That sort of volatility is NOT where your want your money, and investing your money in a company as troubled as Gamestop is equivalent to going to Vegas and playing roulette.
Sitting at $141-$144 a day later. No regerts guys. No regerts.

I actually bought GameStop a year ago at $4 because I thought they’d do well with the new consoles coming out.

The Reddit thing was a pleasant surprise. Still holding. LFG.

Sitting at $141-$144 a day later. No regerts guys. No regerts.
46a83341727dcbd305731aec3c008f59.gif

This GME thing is very entertaining now that I see what's going on. Everything lined up in just the right way, and it's making such a mockery of how things usually work on Wall Street. Fun times.

Congrats to you guys who bought some. Just don't stay in too long no matter what the memes say. Someone is going to be left holding the bag at the end.

About to hit $200, fuck the old rich fucks shorting it. I hope people learn about market manipulation after this and we see some young people get set for life off the back of this old wealth.

fuck tax implications, just put in an order to Limit-sell my original $5000 investment (1555 shares @ $3.23) at $323!!

If it hits that level, I'm paying off my mortgage!  :p

So here's what's happening for GME: 

folks on the r/wsb are buying and HOLDING

that's the key -- they've gone "mad" and refuse to sell

this skews the balance, so it's BULLISH full-time (mostly full-time)

So how is the price going up? Because the hedge funds, and others that are shorting the stock, are pumping the money back into it by covering (they are buying back at an even higher price).  These firms are shorting GME because the price is soo disconnected from the fundamentals, they are hoping reality comes back and the real valuation settles (price target is somewhere around ~$20-$33).  But you can't play that game with madlads that refuse to sell at a loss

The higher the price goes, the less it can be sustained, because only so much money can be pumped as the price goes higher.

The firms have tried short ladder attacks, to scatter and spook them into selling, but they've wised up to it and it doesn't work.  It's going to be interesting to see what happens when the price gets so high, and most all of them have put all they've got into it, and there's nothing left to create more squeezes.  Elon Musk just tweeted about it during AH, which now just got more eyeballs on it.  

This will probably continue until Friday, where supposedly this entire thing comes to a head.  Buy one share and hold it until then.

The key point they focus on is to not sell. Stocks, just like bitcoin, have a limited supply. So when supply gets completely filled, and less than demand, it goes up.

Must have missed something, but I tried trading in 5 Switch/PS5 with 2 copies of Mario Odyssey to be eligible for that extra 30%...and they would only take 1 Odyssey copy, because they don't take duplicates..

323 seems kind of high
I thought the same thing this morning about 150+ numbers I was seeing. It's all crazy.

So here's what's happening for GME:

folks on the r/wsb are buying and HOLDING

that's the key -- they've gone "mad" and refuse to sell

this skews the balance, so it's BULLISH full-time (mostly full-time)

So how is the price going up? Because the hedge funds, and others that are shorting the stock, are pumping the money back into it by covering (they are buying back at an even higher price). These firms are shorting GME because the price is soo disconnected from the fundamentals, they are hoping reality comes back and the real valuation settles (price target is somewhere around ~$20-$33). But you can't play that game with madlads that refuse to sell at a loss

The higher the price goes, the less it can be sustained, because only so much money can be pumped as the price goes higher.

The firms have tried short ladder attacks, to scatter and spook them into selling, but they've wised up to it and it doesn't work. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when the price gets so high, and most all of them have put all they've got into it, and there's nothing left to create more squeezes. Elon Musk just tweeted about it during AH, which now just got more eyeballs on it.

This will probably continue until Friday, where supposedly this entire thing comes to a head. Buy one share and hold it until then.

The key point they focus on is to not sell. Stocks, just like bitcoin, have a limited supply. So when supply gets completely filled, and less than demand, it goes up.
And from what I understand, this all has a feedback loop type thing going on. As long as they refuse to sell then the more the price goes up, the more it will go up more as the shorters have to cover their positions at crazy prices.

Is the correct term for everyone involved with GME stock at the moment.

This will probably continue until Friday, where supposedly this entire thing comes to a head.
Ride the Elon to 9000!

They've never taken duplicates on the same trade. Some do if you have receipt showing that you bought them.
Technically the POS will allow you to trade in way more than 10 copies of anything - its just the store manager and/or policy that they disallow multiples (plus you'd get flagged and trade-banned for a short time). I'd make it a point to be friendly with your homestore (funnel PUR renewals / purchases / etc) and once you become a "regular" enough that they know you like "actively participating" in trade promos - will frequently let you trade in multiples and not even ask for ID.

Last example I could find in my trade receipt stack from December (these fade so fast!)

OwQWZyU.png

So it seems that the monthly $5 coupon no longer allows double dipping. Once you use it in store you can no longer use it online! With the technical error issues, I too did the clear cookies history while logged out method. Log in again again and you should be good to view your cart and checkout! If not your most likely banned!

So it seems that the monthly $5 coupon no longer allows double dipping. Once you use it in store you can no longer use it online! With the technical error issues, I too did the clear cookies history while logged out method. Log in again again and you should be good to view your cart and checkout! If not your most likely banned!
yeah, i had that issue as well. maybe it will work if you use it on your phone right after you buy something in store lol

edit: i forgot to add that gamestop still decided to send me an email with my coupon code to remind me to use it

fuck tax implications, just put in an order to Limit-sell my original $5000 investment (1555 shares @ $3.23) at $323!!

If it hits that level, I'm paying off my mortgage! :p
fuck yes! That is awesome man; I’m happy for you. Think about it this small investment can potentially be enough to pay off a whole mortgage - that’s life changing stuff.

So I ordered 5 "new" games from Gamestop on Sunday.  They arrived today and only one was actually new and sealed.  The rest were in horrible condition, including one that was water damaged with a busted case.  I was kind of hoping they would get better at this since they haven't been gutting new games for a few months now, but I was wrong.  Such a disappointing company.

From what I understand gamestop rarely sells new games over gamestop "new" games. I don't ever expect anything ordered under new to actually be sealed like it should be from them.

So I ordered 5 "new" games from Gamestop on Sunday. They arrived today and only one was actually new and sealed. The rest were in horrible condition, including one that was water damaged with a busted case. I was kind of hoping they would get better at this since they haven't been gutting new games for a few months now, but I was wrong. Such a disappointing company.
So what titles were they? Any of those idea factory, graphic novels, Niche Disgaea titles or Warriors Orochi Ult..I wouldn't be shocked if you a gutted copy

fuck tax implications, just put in an order to Limit-sell my original $5000 investment (1555 shares @ $3.23) at $323!!
If it hits that level, I'm paying off my mortgage! :p
Congratulations for possibly flipping $5000 into $500,000. Quite possibly the greatest flip in GS history- and you did not have to step into a single store!

Congratulations for possibly flipping $5000 into $500,000. Quite possibly the greatest flip in GS history- and you did not have to step into a single store!
Group hug! :grouphug:

Here I'm hoping today a trade executes to earn 6 figures, and I'm actually pissed someone else got all 3 of the preowned copies of Xenoblade 2 Torna this AM :oldman:

The order I had placed on Saturday (Pro Day) actually just showed up at my house. No shipping notice anywhere.

Only bummer was the "New" copy of DAH! had that damn huge sticker on the side...New my ass... But the Sinister Six game looks great for only $5 - great deal on that one.

GME just skyrocketed past 323 so congrats!
I passed GS stock at $5 at the end of 2019 and I almost cried last night when I saw it was at $140. I was thinking it would pick up a bit instead and would worth investing a small amount of money in.... but I could justify spending more money given how much I lost on cannabis stocks and figured my stock picking skills sucks. And boy was a I right since I passed on GS.

I passed GS stock at $5 at the end of 2019 and I almost cried last night when I saw it was at $140. I was thinking it would pick up a bit instead and would worth investing a small amount of money in.... but I could justify spending more money given how much I lost on cannabis stocks and figured my stock picking skills sucks. And boy was a I right since I passed on GS.
same, I remember passing on it and now Im just kicking myself in the balls for not going in

Yep, Etrade executed limit sells of the position in 2 chunks...  :D/

Guess I can afford "premium" shipping on my next order! 

Yep, Etrade executed limit sells of the position in 2 chunks... :D/

Guess I can afford "premium" shipping on my next order!
I am so, so happy for you. Makes those Amazon trade-ins look like spare change, huh. Can I ask why you bought so many shares after all the game flips and 'rangs you did? Weren't you worried that you'd hurt your own stock investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back