2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems pretty criminal to me. If i was long GME, I would be pissed.
Should be very criminal. It's the definition of market manipulation. To borrow a comparison, this is like your mom turning off the SNES because your little brother was crying that you were beating him at Mario Kart.

So I have a hoodie in my cart for pickup at a local store and I can’t use my monthly coupon on it. Anyone know why?
If the coupon says V3 it's instore only. If it says V2 it should apply. If not then it's probably an item that gs decided to restrict due to another sale/promo being active.

damage was already done though, Melvin Capitol took a huge loss, a couple billionaires lost quite a bit of money. AMC avoided bankruptcy. Hopefully this will stop the short selling of dying companies, an misuse of short selling itself, but honestly it will probably just lead to further regulation of "regular" people trading online.

Today is the sell-off day, because all trading apps got those certain stocks restricted to selling only.

If there is no buying, there is no squeeze, let alone upside. So cut losses, since this isn't going up.

Seems like the halts couldn't stop the bullrun; but it was the trading platforms themselves that ended this.
I can still buy/sell GME in my account. They seem to be limiting the amount of float you can take on the stocks (buying on credit), but if the cash is in your account you can absolutely buy.

I can still buy/sell GME in my account. They seem to be limiting the amount of float you can take on the stocks (buying on credit), but if the cash is in your account you can absolutely buy.
You can't buy gme from robinhood or firstrade. Tried to buy with cash from firstrade when it hit 120 but they have blocked buying.

It hit 500 this morning in premarket.

In other news, mwt13021 has been added as a string and updated to include new releases through Cold War . Let’s see if they follow through with a stealth bump.
Strange that this would be a Saturday start. Don't the bumps typically start on Fridays?

You can't buy gme from robinhood or firstrade. Tried to buy with cash from firstrade when it hit 120 but they have blocked buying.
I get why, but it is kind of messed up to restrict cash purchases. I can understand why companies would not want to allow float, but if the cash is in your account they should not be able to restrict. How does RobinHood work, can you buy directly from your bank account or do you have to transfer the money in to the platform first?

I get why, but it is kind of messed up to restrict cash purchases. I can understand why companies would not want to allow float, but if the cash is in your account they should not be able to restrict. How does RobinHood work, can you buy directly from your bank account or do you have to transfer the money in to the platform first?
I only have firstrade. Robinhood posted on twitter that they were no longer allowing their users to buy gme which is crazy.

They require you to transfer funds from your bank to your Robinhood account wallet before purchasing.

f57a00c395a6a3fe0f5657da5e043f04b509c7cc.gif

Lame, e*trade & merrill refusing to let me modify my open orders on these stocks. That just makes me want to buy them more! 

edit: I can place orders again. Getting back on the bandwagon. I havn't carried a loss over YOY since WAMU but willing to start again  :cold:

They require you to transfer funds from your bank to your Robinhood account wallet before purchasing.
I haven't bought any stock in a while but they would let me buy up stock right away as soon as I initiated the transfer (I think there was a limit of $1,000- not that I ever got anywhere near that much).

I have waited this long to get a Nintendo Switch. Is my bet bet to get a Mario Colors Switch on Feb 12th to just show up an hour before store opening?

When your one job is selling video games, you should be able to keep a 10-day old release like Hitman 3 in stock.  No X1 copies within 50 miles of me in Orlando and sold out online?  Gimme a break.  Thinking I need to spunk away this $450 of credit before the WSB thing bankrupts them.

Mwt is active! Time to trade!
Sweet, quite a few switch games got bumped to $20 base, and all my big decemeber trade ins dropped off the rolling 30! :p I guess the main question is... any random games have +20% pre-order bonuses to use on PS4/XB1 trade-ins?

When your one job is selling video games, you should be able to keep a 10-day old release like Hitman 3 in stock. No X1 copies within 50 miles of me in Orlando and sold out online? Gimme a break. Thinking I need to spunk away this $450 of credit before the WSB thing bankrupts them.
To be fair the online inventory system is messed up. Yes copies are scarce but I went to a store and they printed out for me a receipt of locations that have in stock and I was able to find a copy when it showing no locations having any within 25 miles of me.

Sweet, quite a few switch games got bumped to $20 base, and all my big decemeber trade ins dropped off the rolling 30! :p I guess the main question is... any random games have +20% pre-order bonuses to use on PS4/XB1 trade-ins?
I haven't been in store for a couple weeks also waiting for my trade counts to reset. Supposedly Hitman 3, Little Nightmares II, 3D Mario World+ Bowser's Fury get the preorder/purchase bonus?

I’ve been too distracted by the gme saga to grow my pile of trade ins

Gears 5 has a base of $12.  Finally time to sell all those $5 copies I bought.  I wish I knew which XB1/Series X games count toward that boost

Here's an annoying problem. There's always a page of results that don't populate when you have a search with numerous results. Usually results #13-24 don't show up as page 2  

There's always something new and broken to discover on Gamestop. 

To be fair the online inventory system is messed up. Yes copies are scarce but I went to a store and they printed out for me a receipt of locations that have in stock and I was able to find a copy when it showing no locations having any within 25 miles of me.
"Messed up" is a misnomer. The online inventory system intentionally displays inventory totals at -1 of what the actual totals are. They've been turning that on and off for over a year now. It's definitely intentional.

If you are next wondering, "Why would they do that?", no one can answer that question with a satisfying answer.

You did the most reasonable and logical thing by just asking for a store to help you.

"Messed up" is a misnomer. The online inventory system intentionally displays inventory totals at -1 of what the actual totals are. They've been turning that on and off for over a year now. It's definitely intentional.

If you are next wondering, "Why would they do that?", no one can answer that question with a satisfying answer.

You did the most reasonable and logical thing by just asking for a store to help you.
The same reason all stores fudge their in stock numbers a bit. To reduce instance of people ordering for store pick up and it being gone by the time the employee goes for it / reduce people coming into the store for an item they believe will be in stock but the last one has been sold since they checked. Don't get me wrong, Gamestop is more wrong with stock inventory than most, but there's a pretty simple reason stores don't give totally accurate stock information. Definitely not defending gamestop's tech team though; I put in 3 orders last weekend, 1 has mostly arrived, 1 has had a couple items arrive, 1 has had nothing arrive and all still stay they are pending shipping (even the stuff I've received).

So if I don't have enough/any PS5 or Switch games in hand, what actual live deals are there for trade-ins? Pre-order for 3D Mario Cat Adventure and few others, that's it? And if so, what's the bonus %? Can't find anything on the site.

So if I don't have enough/any PS5 or Switch games in hand, what actual live deals are there for trade-ins? Pre-order for 3D Mario Cat Adventure and few others, that's it? And if so, what's the bonus %? Can't find anything on the site.
Yes, and that bonus is 20% so your total bonus would be 30% after Pro.

The same reason all stores fudge their in stock numbers a bit. To reduce instance of people ordering for store pick up and it being gone by the time the employee goes for it / reduce people coming into the store for an item they believe will be in stock but the last one has been sold since they checked. Don't get me wrong, Gamestop is more wrong with stock inventory than most, but there's a pretty simple reason stores don't give totally accurate stock information. Definitely not defending gamestop's tech team though; I put in 3 orders last weekend, 1 has mostly arrived, 1 has had a couple items arrive, 1 has had nothing arrive and all still stay they are pending shipping (even the stuff I've received).
If that were they case, they would make items only available for in-store pick up over an inventory threshold. The last thing they would want to do is deter people from coming in, because their evolving business model has shifted more and more to trying to push impulse buys.

Gamestop has never been shy about canceling orders. In fact, as some others have pointed out, they actually REALLY like to leave orders open for a long time, unfilled, especially if they can ship later to make extra money off of you without you noticing (buying items at a sale price, shipping and charging only some of the order, then charging full price on the remainder of the order when it ships much later -- its happened to many people here).

They don't care about not disappointing anyone by canceling their orders (in-store or otherwise). Heck, they don't even care about sending out games that work. It takes half a second to look at a blu-ray to know if it is going to work with a fairly high degree of certainty, and many (MANY) discs I have seen ship from Gamestop are laughably terrible; also, it doesn't take a genius to realize that their method of refurbishing CDs is absolutely atrocious. Compared to sending someone a broken disc in a yellow envelope in the mail, do you think that they care if they cancel your online order because they can't find the disc?

The bottom line for them will always be : "Where else are you going to go?" That was the whole point of getting as close to a monopoly as possible.

What you say makes perfect sense as a person, but not as a corporation.

anyone have trouble getting their 10k bonus for signing up for another year of Pro? I visited two stores and both told me I should be able to do it multiple times and get the 10k bonus every time... I didn't even get it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back