2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a dualsense charging station on their website on 1/21 and since then it hasn’t shipped and just says “awaiting product availability”

So any clue when I will get it? I contacted GS vis message but haven’t heard anything response. At this point I feel like I might as well cancel the order

Looks like the +40% for 5x Switch games still in effect this week along with the +30% for select pre-orders. Just be wary of the trade limits! 

Sadly no good pre-owned sales. Hopefully a 50% off X under Y will show up sometime this week!  :bomb:

Looks like the +40% for 5x Switch games still in effect this week along with the +30% for select pre-orders. Just be wary of the trade limits!

Sadly no good pre-owned sales. Hopefully a 50% off X under Y will show up sometime this week! :bomb:
Definitely gonna take advantage today so thanks on heads up

Sadly no good pre-owned sales. Hopefully a 50% off X under Y will show up sometime this week! :bomb:
Where do you see the list of preorder games that net you a 30% boost? Only game I know of is Mario.

Just did the trade-in toward Mario. Still gets the 30
I can also confirm from a transaction today.

However be aware that if you have 5 nsw/ps5/sX games in the same transaction, the +20% preorder for mario actually overrides the higher promo. I lost $8 of tc because of this and didn't realize until the receipt printed. GS got me this time with the tiny pinpad. Should have done separate transactions.

Can I please get a MWT link? Need to dump switch and would really help. Also, does the 30% extra for 5+ switch only work for the switch games or does it extend across the trade to ps4 xbox 1 as well?

Can I please get a MWT link? Need to dump switch and would really help. Also, does the 30% extra for 5+ switch only work for the switch games or does it extend across the trade to ps4 xbox 1 as well?
It doesn't. I included a Diablo 3 collection for ps4 with my 5 switch games last night and they got the bump, but it did not.

Can others use the monthly PUR $5 off coupon code? If so, anyone want my Jan 31 code? In-store only ain't gonna happen for me.

I can also confirm from a transaction today.

However be aware that if you have 5 nsw/ps5/sX games in the same transaction, the +20% preorder for mario actually overrides the higher promo. I lost $8 of tc because of this and didn't realize until the receipt printed. GS got me this time with the tiny pinpad. Should have done separate transactions.
Was wondering about that, as I want to trade 5+ switch games AND some PS4/XB1 games (so I would have to use the preorder bonus for the latter, and the "trade 5+ switch games" bonus for the former).

Also got the bonus trading toward 3D World today, no issue.

As an FYI, I've never been forced to pay off a pre-order in full before today. But, my store manager, who I'm quite friendly with, said they're cracking down on making people pay off the games because of the bonus. He was happy to allow only $5 down previously. Take that as you will.

As an FYI, I've never been forced to pay off a pre-order in full before today. But, my store manager, who I'm quite friendly with, said they're cracking down on making people pay off the games because of the bonus. He was happy to allow only $5 down previously. Take that as you will.
I pre-ordered at 4 different stores this week and only had to put $5 down and these stores used to make me put all the money down just a year ago.

That's why you just say you want to put $5 down on Mario, and then proceed to say you want to trade the games. Don't say anything about there being a trade bonus associated with the preorder.

What was the saying around here 2-3 years ago? "POS or GTFO"?

Bit confused. So you can get 40% in trade in credit when you trade in 5+ switch games?

No need to do a trade it towards anything?

Bit confused. So you can get 40% in trade in credit when you trade in 5+ switch games?

No need to do a trade it towards anything?
Correct.

The other promo, the 30% promo requires you trade toward Hitman 3, Little Nightmares 2, or Super Mario 3D World (?), but works on PS4 and X1 games (whereas the 40% promo doesn't).

My executed trade in plan to the 2k limit again! (I didn't have any XSX or PS5 games, so only switch stock - put them on different transactions just incase!)

8DWgqbI.png

So has anyone here bought a TV / Laptop / PC from GS?  :whistle2:k Wonder if they come "gamestop" new with a super large circular sticker, and if you can drag that 85" TV into a random GS to return it  :D

My executed trade in plan to the 2k limit again! (I didn't have any XSX or PS5 games, so only switch stock - put them on different transactions just incase!)

8DWgqbI.png

So has anyone here bought a TV / Laptop / PC from GS? :whistle2:k Wonder if they come "gamestop" new with a super large circular sticker, and if you can drag that 85" TV into a random GS to return it :D
Do not buy a TV, Laptop or PC from Gamestop they are overpriced. Sell your gift cards if needed and buy a better cheaper one elsewhere.

How many games did you buy to get $2000 in trades?

8DWgqbI.png

So has anyone here bought a TV / Laptop / PC from GS? :whistle2:k Wonder if they come "gamestop" new with a super large circular sticker, and if you can drag that 85" TV into a random GS to return it :D
I didn't even realize Little Nightmares II would release on the Switch. Never crossed my mind to check. I've just been loading up on Mario 3d preorders since it is G2L. I just have to remember those will count toward the 2k as well.

Weekdays are for trading GME. Weekends are for trading games.

As far as TVs are concerned, I did see one 50" that was returned in store. The weekly ad deal for the Vizio 65" at 599 w/ 100 gift card is decent. Of course there are better deals to be had if you're patient, but the price is competitive against other retailers. The GC is gravy.

Just a heads-up...

I wasn't able to trade in Spider-Man PS4 (base game) a few weeks ago when the +5 (YMMV) was active for certain PS4/XB1 games. I figured I'd have to wait a while until the +5 rolled around again. So I was pleasantly surprised to find out today when I checked the website (before going to the store to use my monthly cert to get Xbox Live credit) that the TIV is $15.00/$16.50 Pro: Trade In Marvel's Spider-Man | GameStop

:shock:

So it actually worked out better than the +5 would've (the TIV was $8.00/$8.80 Pro at that time).  :D/

(I tried out some other PS4 games on the website that I got in the same order back on Black Friday/Cyber Monday--all $9.99 on sale at the time--and none of them were anywhere near that high...no clue why Spider-Man seems to be the one to get such a boost.)

Hope this helps y'all!  :grouphug:

8DWgqbI.png

Is that $11,000 in your signature your profit or just total trade ins?

As the DotD is B2G1 PS3/360.. can someone explain to me why Spryo / Afrika are still high price - rarity? And I guess Left for Dead + Call of Duty are still active?

Also, random comment - my Feb coupon is V2 still.

Do not buy a TV, Laptop or PC from Gamestop they are overpriced. Sell your gift cards if needed and buy a better cheaper one elsewhere. How many games did you buy to get $2000 in trades?
Conversion cost of GC credit is a bit too much work to consider. Trade credit is just funny money, and I have no amazon outlet anymore. Maybe they'll start selling TVs or at least laptops in-store soon... so I can avoid tax!

113 games traded in to hit 2k limit most recently. I don't calculate a boomerang margin, but suspect it would be between 20-40% depending on how much I can participate in the bump cycle and if it aligns with a promo.

I didn't even realize Little Nightmares II would release on the Switch. Never crossed my mind to check. I've just been loading up on Mario 3d preorders since it is G2L. As far as TVs are concerned, I did see one 50" that was returned in store.
Yea, I usually don't try to G2L too much when there are items (like amiibos) I actually want and can pre-order instead of just buy post-release. I don't actually need a TV until one in the house goes kapoot (too cheap to purchase 4k content) so I don't really need good specs. :ps3:

Is that $11,000 in your signature your profit or just total trade ins?
Just total trade in for GS .... and haven't traded anything in to Amazon since last Sept, so $0 for 2021 so far :oldman:

How did you find out Super Mario 3d world is G2L? I have seen nothing on that in any GS comms or in store.

Anything else that is G2L right now?

I didn't even realize Little Nightmares II would release on the Switch. Never crossed my mind to check. I've just been loading up on Mario 3d preorders since it is G2L. I just have to remember those will count toward the 2k as well.

I dont think the coupons work online anymore. Its giving me a message that the coupon cannot be applied to cart, and ive tried using it on both new and used gams.

Just a heads-up...

I wasn't able to trade in Spider-Man PS4 (base game) a few weeks ago when the +5 (YMMV) was active for certain PS4/XB1 games. I figured I'd have to wait a while until the +5 rolled around again. So I was pleasantly surprised to find out today when I checked the website (before going to the store to use my monthly cert to get Xbox Live credit) that the TIV is $15.00/$16.50 Pro: Trade In Marvel's Spider-Man | GameStop

:shock:

So it actually worked out better than the +5 would've (the TIV was $8.00/$8.80 Pro at that time). :D/

(I tried out some other PS4 games on the website that I got in the same order back on Black Friday/Cyber Monday--all $9.99 on sale at the time--and none of them were anywhere near that high...no clue why Spider-Man seems to be the one to get such a boost.)

Hope this helps y'all! :grouphug:
Appreciate this - I still had a non GOTY version I hadn’t opened yet!

I dont think the coupons work online anymore. Its giving me a message that the coupon cannot be applied to cart, and ive tried using it on both new and used gams.
This is why, when my membership comes up again in August, I'm refusing to re-up. I only did it last time because they literally paid me to do it, but I'm not going to bother even if that happens again. A company that works as hard as Gamestop does to try to prevent customers from getting any sort of discount, or tries to nickel and dime them for extra money in other ways, can straight fork off

This is why, when my membership comes up again in August, I'm refusing to re-up. I only did it last time because they literally paid me to do it, but I'm not going to bother even if that happens again. A company that works as hard as Gamestop does to try to percent customers from getting any sort of discount, or tries to nickel and dime them for extra money in other ways, can straight fork off
The monthly PUR $5 was never supposed to work online. It was meant to be an in-store deal but they gave us online when stores shut down for the pandemic. The fact that they left it working online for this long after stores reopened was a bonus. The fact that we could double dip online + in-store for a few of those months was an extra super secret bonus. I'll gladly pay $0 to randomly get bonuses like that, along with the usual $5 of free digital credit each month for just walking into their store

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back