2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was in a GS yest (not my local one) to pick something up and was browsing the PS4 section... and noticed every single used PS4 game display was the same, DVD sized case with the same artwork template- standard case cover with a huge blue PS4 logo area to cover up the rest of the case space. 

Is this something new? Are they just toss all cases (and manuals or inserts if they came with one) now, a la the last days of the DS and now with the 3DS? 

Just a heads-up...

I wasn't able to trade in Spider-Man PS4 (base game) a few weeks ago when the +5 (YMMV) was active for certain PS4/XB1 games. I figured I'd have to wait a while until the +5 rolled around again. So I was pleasantly surprised to find out today when I checked the website (before going to the store to use my monthly cert to get Xbox Live credit) that the TIV is $15.00/$16.50 Pro: Trade In Marvel's Spider-Man | GameStop

:shock:

So it actually worked out better than the +5 would've (the TIV was $8.00/$8.80 Pro at that time). :D/

(I tried out some other PS4 games on the website that I got in the same order back on Black Friday/Cyber Monday--all $9.99 on sale at the time--and none of them were anywhere near that high...no clue why Spider-Man seems to be the one to get such a boost.)

Hope this helps y'all! :grouphug:
Definitely did as had a store closing copy and one purchased on cheap. Got a good return on both after 5+ & preorder

gamestop's monthly coupon email still says that the coupon works online even though it doesn't actually work. can't say i am surprised though
It sometimes takes a day or two for them to be activated for online use. I'm guessing that's the case again this month.

Of course, I am getting V3 monthly certs now and those are insotre only.

Gamestop wouldn't purposely throw stealth values away when half of the east coast in closed off today,possibly tomorrow too. Could I be wrong? Possibly but remaining confident is better than nothing
Stealth bump will likely end after today as that's what it shows in the MWT email and based on past bumps timeframes. However, there have been some exceptions where it lasted through Tuesday or Wednesday. There actually were some trade drops from MWT list today already, but just a handful such as Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and Fast and Furious Crossroads. Also a few increases such as Immortals Fenyx Rising.

It sometimes takes a day or two for them to be activated for online use. I'm guessing that's the case again this month.

Of course, I am getting V3 monthly certs now and those are insotre only.
Oh yeah you are right, thank you. My coupon is working online now, and it is V2.

Stealth bump will likely end after today as that's what it shows in the MWT email and based on past bumps timeframes. However, there have been some exceptions where it lasted through Tuesday or Wednesday. There actually were some trade drops from MWT list today already, but just a handful such as Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and Fast and Furious Crossroads. Also a few increases such as Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Let's just hope there is some form of acception for this week

Damn snowstorm up here messed up my trading today due to store closures.
Getting sick of these "early" store closing times. Wish they were open until 9pm or 10pm.

Having only 3 hours to do any sort of errands after work isn't ideal (assuming you get off work at 5pm), or if in like you said there's inclement weather.

113 games traded in to hit 2k limit most recently. I don't calculate a boomerang margin, but suspect it would be between 20-40% depending on how much I can participate in the bump cycle and if it aligns with a promo.
$2200-4400 profit is impressive. Will do a monthly update and hope I can reach your level.

2020 Spent around $12000-15000 at Gamestop due to them mostly being gifts and donations. Lost $500 but made $3000 during the perfect storm. $2500 in profit.

Alright January spent $2100 at Gamestop. Made $1500 in chartiable donations making my loss at $600 due to me purchasing a PS5 and three games. I also did some trades and turned $20 cash into $75 trade credit.

January lost $545. Yes I could count donations as losses but I don't.

February no activity yet.

For those of you that (unfortunately) still have a random package shipped via USPS that are still stuck awaiting carrier pickup for the last 2+ weeks, I found that a quick call to CS will do absolutely nothing to resolve that issue... but they will literally just throw PUR points at you to get you off the phone. So I may never get those extra copies of Sonic & Mario 2020, but I'll have an extra $5 cert to spend! :???:

2FYu5mR.png

Will do a monthly update and hope I can reach your level.
Just remember to have fun! That's the main reason I do it - I definitively couldn't be a reseller as a full-time job as the inconsistent grind of "sourcing" would be way too stressful vs the 9-5 slog.

Having only 3 hours to do any sort of errands after work isn't ideal (assuming you get off work at 5pm), or if in like you said there's inclement weather.
Oddly, I've been spoiled by the working-from-home schedule as the saved transmute time is a significant and I can just bail after the last meeting of the day to avoid traffic. (unfortunately it also means I do work at 11pm somedays) Going to be weird when work asks me to be back on campus 5 days a week.

GS's Noon opening isn't too bad for weekdays - ie I plan to pickup Mario 3D during "lunch break" to get 2 posters! :dunce: But weekends I wish they would open at 10ish again.

just got a female cs rep she claimed to have processed replacements for 2 of my orders that have been in limbo. idk if i got lucky or what both are from early january

Various models of Refurbished 3ds/2ds hardware instock right now.
Yep, thought about picking up the NES or SNES model, but decided against it .. maybe if the buttons actually could be pressed! (like the useless Pokeball 2DSXL). Still 2x New Nintendo 3DS XL Pokemon Sun and Moon Solgaleo and Lunala available and 1x Nintendo 3DS XL Pokemon X and Y Red as of this posting.

I also can't pull the trigger on the Z&Z Switch Lite for the shelf (no need for a daily portable system these days with minimal travel) as I dislike the Lite form factor. :oldman:

Various models of Refurbished 3ds/2ds hardware instock right now.
Was fun to look at but im gonna try to resist buying anything, mostly worried about getting some scratched PoS

I have urges tho

NN Black 3DS Collection

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/more-platforms/nintendo-3ds/consoles/products/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-black-online-collection-blast-from-the-past-gamestop-premium-refurbished-system-bundle/B117531L.html

Pokemon Sun and Moon NN 3DS

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/more-platforms/nintendo-3ds/consoles/products/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-pokemon-sun-and-moon-solgaleo-and-lunala/10139276.html?condition=Refurbished

NN 2DS XL White and Orange

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/more-platforms/nintendo-3ds/consoles/products/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-white-and-orange/10153464.html?condition=New

You can choose the other types of 3DS in the drop down menu under EDITIONS if u wanna see what else is available

I lied, I caved and bought the NES + SNES 3DS editions. Excess TC and no sales in sight!  :bomb:

Hopefully they come premiumly refurberished! 

Haha I caved too, there was a Hylian Shield New 2DS left so took a chance on that one. Going to keep my expectations low lol.

Haha I caved too, there was a Hylian Shield New 2DS left so took a chance on that one. Going to keep my expectations low lol.
Nice I didn't see that one in the search results, another one of those "find the link from google" instead of thru the gamestop search :roll:

Wishing GS would get some GBAs or Vitas back in stock!

PSA: So according to Gamestop customer service and a employee I spoke to coupons are not working and the IT department is looking into it. The online $5 coupon is working online but instore it may be iffy. Customer service said it will be fixed tomorrow.

Decided to trade in my spiderman today and got $12 with the promo before it might drop even more. Wish I would have traded in on the bump but it's ok.

Damn this stealth bump seems like it was one to do. Totally missed it though. Do they usually occur once a month or is there any expected schedule at all?
Last Friday of each month through Monday. There hadn’t been a bump since September before this one.

News this morning is that they hired a new CTO along with installing a new SVP for customer care and VP for fulfillment. Amazingly, they didn't have a CTO in the company before and finally decided to address it.

Gamestop hiring more quality executive. Background includes Chewy, Walmart, QVC, and Amazon. Hope they have something similar to GCU. I think GCU really helped to play a role in changing Best Buy around. Gamestop also have a partnership with Microsoft that was announced a few months ago.

Gamestop hiring more quality executive. Background includes Chewy, Walmart, QVC, and Amazon. Hope they have something similar to GCU. I think GCU really helped to play a role in changing Best Buy around. Gamestop also have a partnership with Microsoft that was announced a few months ago.
Isn't gamestop offering gamecoins or some promotion for pre-orders? Seemed like a decent deal to get you to keep buying new games. And no, not trying to boost them at all but seemed competitive with what Best Buy offers for pre-orders.

Isn't gamestop offering gamecoins or some promotion for pre-orders? Seemed like a decent deal to get you to keep buying new games. And no, not trying to boost them at all but seemed competitive with what Best Buy offers for pre-orders.
It doesn't apply to every game like Bestbuy. Mostly the major releases but not as many as Bestbuy. With G2L and trading them back in you profit $10 in gamecoins but that is a huge waste of time. I do the G2L thing when trying to determine if I like a game or not. So far it saved me $0 though. Haven't done a single G2L.

It doesn't apply to every game like Bestbuy. Mostly the major releases but not as many as Bestbuy. With G2L and trading them back in you profit $10 in gamecoins but that is a huge waste of time. I do the G2L thing when trying to determine if I like a game or not. So far it saved me $0 though. Haven't done a single G2L.
Best Buy doesn't do that many either.

I thought that was always the case - can only be used upon release.
nah... I used it on pre-orders at least twice since the coupon was made useable online (the two I can think of are Mario 3d all stars and indivisible, which I ended up cancelling before release and was refunded only what I actually paid out-of-pocket, losing out on the $5 coupon).
coupons were not working at all for the past several days -at least for me-, but seem to be working right now except on pre-orders... hopefully that'll go back to how it was too

PSA: So according to Gamestop customer service and a employee I spoke to coupons are not working and the IT department is looking into it. The online $5 coupon is working online but instore it may be iffy. Customer service said it will be fixed tomorrow.
My $5 coupon worked on a $5 Xbox Live code this evening, but the $10 off coupon that I redeemed on Sunday had inexplicably disappeared. So I might have to call customer service.

Hey guys.. I can't find the details for those "coupons" we are supposed to receive for spending x amount of dollars a couple weeks ago, does anyone know when we "should" be seeing them? I can't find the details on their site anywhere.. of course.

My $5 coupon worked on a $5 Xbox Live code this evening, but the $10 off coupon that I redeemed on Sunday had inexplicably disappeared. So I might have to call customer service.
Same with a $10 coupon that I had finally cashed in a few days ago. My mistake in not screen-shotting the code, but for the millionth time - you shouldn't have to do that! They need a new batch of monkeys to run their site. The current ones are obviously having some difficulties.

Same with a $10 coupon that I had finally cashed in a few days ago. My mistake in not screen-shotting the code, but for the millionth time - you shouldn't have to do that! They need a new batch of monkeys to run their site. The current ones are obviously having some difficulties.
Contact customer service perhaps. I am getting screwed my PS5 bundle was apparently missing a game.

I have 3 incomplete orders from the 23rd still "preparing shipment" at this point.  Gotten like half of the orders so far. I really don't want to have to call gamestop CS... ugh

Since I can't help myself though.  Any chance anyone has found the B3G2 X1 games is glitching like the b2g2 was last year? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back