2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the PUR site broken? Trying to redeem a certificate and the site keeps telling me to verify but not sending an email to do so, and the app says it goes through but doesnt redeem or confirm anything

20 minutes later all I get is one invalid code. You'd think with all this damn stock money they are bringing in they could afford a decent website

Contact customer service perhaps. I am getting screwed my PS5 bundle was apparently missing a game.
Just called, and they were able to refund the points in less than 5 minutes. No big deal, just inconvenient to have to fix something that shouldn't have happened to begin with.

Is the PUR site broken? Trying to redeem a certificate and the site keeps telling me to verify but not sending an email to do so, and the app says it goes through but doesnt redeem or confirm anything

20 minutes later all I get is one invalid code. You'd think with all this damn stock money they are bringing in they could afford a decent website

Had the same problem last month. Used a different device and browser, and then it worked fine.

I have 3 incomplete orders from the 23rd still "preparing shipment" at this point. Gotten like half of the orders so far. I really don't want to have to call gamestop CS... ugh

Since I can't help myself though. Any chance anyone has found the B3G2 X1 games is glitching like the b2g2 was last year?
I have made two orders in the past few weeks, one shows preparing for shipment, the other shows a tracking number that doesn't exist. In both cases, I was never notified when they shipped, they both just showed up at the house.

I have been hoping that one of the devices would ship twice (since it's a Arctis 7P headset.... and I would love to have two of them after receiving the first,) but I'm thinking their system is just all jacked up and the order will just never show that it actually ships.

Had the same problem last month. Used a different device and browser, and then it worked fine.
Tried on 3 browsers on 2 different devices. Seems like I'm just stuck in a loop of getting invalid codes

And now it just says theres a problem. Yay for having to call support over 2 simple button clicks.

EDIT: Even they couldnt help, just said the sites broke lol.

I'd bet anything if you were to take those codes and try to apply them in another GS account (or perhaps you could just be logged out) you'd see them working fine. I am pretty positive that the codes themselves are fine, but our accounts can only use any site cert once... then it's forever broken

Tried on 3 browsers on 2 different devices. Seems like I'm just stuck in a loop of getting invalid codes

And now it just says theres a problem. Yay for having to call support over 2 simple button clicks.

EDIT: Even they couldnt help, just said the sites broke lol.

I'd bet anything if you were to take those codes and try to apply them in another GS account (or perhaps you could just be logged out) you'd see them working fine. I am pretty positive that the codes themselves are fine, but our accounts can only use any site cert once... then it's forever broken
Thats the problem, I can't even get the codes/certs. Attempting to redeem on mobile just gives a false confirmation with nothing happening. And on every browser I either get invalid email validation codes, or the site gives me a generic there was a problem when attempting to redeem issue

Unless you are saying the issue just totally broke being able to redeem a $10 cert on my account through the website ever

I lied, I caved and bought the NES + SNES 3DS editions. Excess TC and no sales in sight! :bomb:

Hopefully they come premiumly refurberished!

Haha I caved too, there was a Hylian Shield New 2DS left so took a chance on that one. Going to keep my expectations low lol.
Show us pictures when u guys get them!

Curious to see how "Gamestop Premium Refurbished" looks like so I can make future decisions

No matter what I do, The app never shows my points. Then the other day i noticed in my email that 5k points went missing. Called - they said it was cause I used a $5 coupon. The only one I used was the one I got when I signed up for the pro account and they printed it on a receipt. This is ridiculous

WWE 2k19 is the deal of the day, but I'll be damned if I can find the PS4 version on their website. I was also trying to get it a few weeks ago during the B5G50% deals (I hear it's one of the best of the recent WWE games), but had the same issue. It doesn't seem like it's out of print or anything - Amazon has copies - but it's crazy how much of my searching acts like it doesn't exist, redirecting me to digital or PAL versions of the game instead.

WWE 2k19 is the deal of the day, but I'll be damned if I can find the PS4 version on their website. I was also trying to get it a few weeks ago during the B5G50% deals (I hear it's one of the best of the recent WWE games), but had the same issue. It doesn't seem like it's out of print or anything - Amazon has copies - but it's crazy how much of my searching acts like it doesn't exist, redirecting me to digital or PAL versions of the game instead.
Here.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/games/products/wwe-2k19/10164961.html

Their search function isn't the best. When in doubt, I Google a game's name and add "gamestop" to the search. That usually gets me the direct link.

No matter what I do, The app never shows my points. Then the other day i noticed in my email that 5k points went missing. Called - they said it was cause I used a $5 coupon. The only one I used was the one I got when I signed up for the pro account and they printed it on a receipt. This is ridiculous
Make sure you don't have your account set to "auto issue" coupons and spend your points for you. That happened to me.

Show us pictures when u guys get them!

Curious to see how "Gamestop Premium Refurbished" looks like so I can make future decisions
Sure, they should be here tomorrow. I ordered 2 3DS refurbished from them before which I posted some pictures here: Zelda 3DS and Zelda NEW 3DS XL. So I'm hoping the SNES+NES will be in similar condition. I did buy 2x 2DS XLs from them in-store, but I think those were pre-owned and not refurbished. Those had some noticeable dings on them. I think 2DS plastic scratches a lot easier, but it might just be the kids. :bomb:

So I ordered a game on Gamestop.com like 3-4 days ago and it still hasn't shipped. Has said preparing every day. What should I do about this? Anything or just wait?
So I dono if it's been answered but it'll keep saying it's preparing or waiting for a pickup but alot of the time it's already shipped. The tracking number that is given to you may say it's for the usps but try putting the tracking number on the FedEx website or UPS. Ive mostly gotten my stuff through FedEx. Yeah the gamestop website it messed up when it comes to tracking your package but at least they give you the tracking number

I did see that, but even though the picture shows a PS4, it still says 'Xbox One' as the console. You know what: there's a local-ish store with one in stock - might be worth the risk of buying and seeing what happens.
E52jP0.gif

I did see that, but even though the picture shows a PS4, it still says 'Xbox One' as the console. You know what: there's a local-ish store with one in stock - might be worth the risk of buying and seeing what happens.
When you add to cart, it will show "PlayStation 4" for the platform. This is how the site behaves on the product pages when a sku is "hidden". Seems odd they would hide WWE 2k19 for PS4, but it is GameStop. A lot of what they do doesn't make sense.

I can't find the terms/conditions for the Gamestop "Bounceback" sale from a couple weeks ago. I haven't received my coupon or whatever it is supposed to be.. when I google the Gamestop Bounceback sale, the terms show up in google search but leads to a dead link. From that cached search, it looks like 2/3 was the date we were supposed to receive the coupon by, is this promotion just being swept under the rug or has anyone actually received theirs?

what did you buy?

W47Zlly.png

these terms and conditions are total crap so i didnt buy anything

you had to only buy 100-150-200 of used games and consoles only to get anything

and there was nothing good on sale that day

Quick question about the "pro" membership: are the monthly $5 certs in-store only or can they be used online as well? This is important as I don't currently have access to a physical store because of COVID. Thanks in advance.

Quick question about the "pro" membership: are the monthly $5 certs in-store only or can they be used online as well? This is important as I don't currently have access to a physical store because of COVID. Thanks in advance.
Ymmv. Sometimes they work. If they display v3 in the description it won’t work.

Ymmv. Sometimes they work. If they display v3 in the description it won’t work.

Is there still any way to see next weeks ad? (used to be able to change the URL date on the PDF page)

There are some collectibles I want but want to see if there will be any discounts next week first. 

Sure, they should be here tomorrow. I ordered 2 3DS refurbished from them before which I posted some pictures here: Zelda 3DS and Zelda NEW 3DS XL. So I'm hoping the SNES+NES will be in similar condition. I did buy 2x 2DS XLs from them in-store, but I think those were pre-owned and not refurbished. Those had some noticeable dings on them. I think 2DS plastic scratches a lot easier, but it might just be the kids. :bomb:
Well, my 3DS luck ran out. Both the NES and SNES came in pretty dinged up - build quality on the outside felt more like a 2DS XL and the edges were pretty badly scratched. Screens and control panels seemed alright. One of the game ports seemed faulty and the other has some questionable "gunk" in the SD card port that I closed it immediately and decided to return them to a remote GS I don't frequent much as the invoice didn't show payment method :razz:

Should have stuck with my initial opinion of these editions as being a bit boring/meh and waiting for something else. Also, the NES controller's top edge wasn't even printed on straight (hump in the center). Better luck next time! :fridge:

jzXoZ86.png

Look in your active offers to see what the description of it says. Mine says "PUR Pro _ February - Monthly Welconme Reward - Get $5 Off 1 Item - V2". So just pay attention to the last bit of the description to find out.
I meant how do they decide who gets V2 and V3 or does it just appear to be random

Well, my 3DS luck ran out. Both the NES and SNES came in pretty dinged up - build quality on the outside felt more like a 2DS XL and the edges were pretty badly scratched. Screens and control panels seemed alright. One of the game ports seemed faulty and the other has some questionable "gunk" in the SD card port that I closed it immediately and decided to return them to a remote GS I don't frequent much as the invoice didn't show payment method :razz:

Should have stuck with my initial opinion of these editions as being a bit boring/meh and waiting for something else. Also, the NES controller's top edge wasn't even printed on straight (hump in the center). Better luck next time! :fridge:

jzXoZ86.png
Thanks for the pictures, too bad they didn't come out as decently as we would of hoped

Plus side, shipping seemed to be quick

jzXoZ86.png
Sorry to hear man. You'll win the next time but just bummer they couldn't even give the units a proper cleaning

My $5 coupon worked on a $5 Xbox Live code this evening, but the $10 off coupon that I redeemed on Sunday had inexplicably disappeared. So I might have to call customer service.
I called customer service after work on Friday, and the woman on the phone immediately put the 10,000 points back on my account.

If only the customer service in-store was as good as it was on the phone. :shock:

I called customer service after work on Friday, and the woman on the phone immediately put the 10,000 points back on my account.

If only the customer service in-store was as good as it was on the phone. :shock:
Depends on the store. Their customer service line refused to send me a game which was not included in my package. The store was quick to act on my behalf and gave me a copy. Returns in store are also easier for me as well. Online order department is bad, the customer complaints department forwards things to district managers so not good or bad and the PUR department is a mixed bag sometimes. Usually good though

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back