2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stfu.

I’m in my 40s. Worked hard for everything I have. And yet I still have enough empathy and understanding that not everyone who didn’t “make it” made poor life choices. Get off your fucking boomer high horse and simply stfu. Times are tougher and the road is steeper for a lot of “kids these days.”
Bro. I’m sorry. That’s brutal. In your 40s and still living in your mom’s basement. My heart goes out to you.

I didn't say 40 years old on the internet.
I said 40 years old arguing on the internet.
And why would an old fart say something like that. I'm so confused.
Jesus Christ. Who gives a fuck about people arguing on the internet and how old they are. The internet provides a platform for people of all ages to engage in discussions and debate. Why does this seem strange to you?

Schrödinger's drift?
This is both clever and cliche at the same time. Excellent job.

4a78814cea05e03a681786342ffdcc41.gif

I bought Hitman 2 10 days ago and it’s still “awaiting carrier pickup”, does that mean it will just show up without tracking? I’m a little salty cause the gold edition just went on sale for 20 on Psn.

I went to a closing store 45 mins away to purchase a couple games. All that was left for used games was sports titles as used was 90% off, but they still had a good amount of brand new sealed games at 70% off and I mean a really effing good amount. Like probably 50+ different tittles. Fauk yea! time to buy super cheap presents as they had decent ps5 and switch titles left surprisingly. I pick out 5-6 different games. Then the whale behind the counter says she has to open the games up from the shrink-wrap and mark the barcode off with a marker before she can sell them to me as it's store policy. I explain that I am buying these as presents and want them sealed. Whale proceeds to get bitchyy, literally fuming at me when I ask to speak to the DM, as I explain that I've never heard of this policy before and don't believe it is correct. She won't let me contact DM but only the store manager and they both explain that this is done so people don't return the games to different gamestops and cut out the red ALL SALES ARE FINAL stamp off. I laugh, proceed to tell them to stamp the center of the receipt so it's impossible to even return them. Then tell them that I will literally take my receipt and rip it up in front of them and throw it in the trash. I just want them brand new and sealed. No dice.... they won't budge. End up buying the games anyways as I wanted 2 of them for my personal collection. lbr when are you gonna get $20 ps5 games lol. Kinda pissed since I wanted to use my last remaining credit to purchase a controller but oh well.

I don't see a logical reason for having this "policy". 

-you can't just return games to another GameStop without a receipt and if you give the receipt to those games it'll say ALL SALES FINAL so you'll be sol.

-even if you manage to return it, you'll be getting back the 70% that's on the receipt, and won't be gaming the system to get more money.

-if someone wants to resell a brand new game they bought from a retailer they have the legal right to.

-im pretty sure whale and store manager are trying to hoard the new and sealed games for themselves and resell them when they hit 80-90% as the store closes in like 2 days.

-a part of me wants to just trade these in and get back more credit than I used to pay for them just to give a giant FU to GameStop. 

-my receipt didn't even print out a survey portion so I can't even burn her on there.

-im gonna complain to corporate, this just doesn't seem right at all. fauk that whale.

I don’t understand the liquidation strategy at all. Why wouldn’t they get a truck and transport anything of value to the closest store instead of marking everything 70% off? Must be some accounting rationale.

marking the upc or cutting the label on something isn't a new process for stores that are closing. hell some discount stores cut the label on their clothes

I don’t understand the liquidation strategy at all. Why wouldn’t they get a truck and transport anything of value to the closest store instead of marking everything 70% off? Must be some accounting rationale.
While they're at it they could ship all the broken stuff from other stores to one of these "all sales are final!" closing stores and shrug off attempted exchanges after customers get home and test what they bought.

While they're at it they could ship all the broken stuff from other stores to one of these "all sales are final!" closing stores and shrug off attempted exchanges after customers get home and test what they bought.
Simply diabolical.

The real question is...do they try to sell extended warranty on those final sale games? 😉

I'm still waiting for the arrival of a game I ordered back on December 13th but on the bright side I managed to preorder zelda joycons I don't need because I already have 6 extras collecting dust but they looked dope. 

We have a stealth BUMP. I'm not finding the correct search string, so if anyone can chime in with one that'd be great. 

For a guide you can use last month's mwt13021 to search. 

We have a stealth BUMP. I'm not finding the correct search string, so if anyone can chime in with one that'd be great.

Nice find! mwt21921 ?

FYI - Best Buy has Forza on sale for a ~$7 profit on flip if you're Pro (toward one of the preorder bonus games).

Search term "mwt21921" is almost right it since it includes consoles, which have all been bumped, ps4, xbox one, and switch. Even controllers have been bumped. Just over 300 items bumped. 13 Switch games at $30 base. Search only returns about 200, so it's not entirely accurate.

Pleasantly surprised to see a Stealth Bump this morning. I haven’t taken advantage of one in quite some time, and I remember a few occasions over the summer where the bumps didn’t last the full weekend. Does anyone know when they have been ending recently?

Also, I guess I’m going to need to find a GameStop near me that is still in business. Because the six closest locations are not....

Search term "mwt21921" is almost right it since it includes consoles, which have all been bumped, ps4, xbox one, and switch. Even controllers have been bumped. Just over 300 items bumped. 13 Switch games at $30 base. Search only returns about 200, so it's not entirely accurate.
You're right although it doesn't include anything beyond Luigi's mansion 3 when sorting by most recent. There's way too many gaps to use it as a list though. Some manual searching is finding lots of hits and misses.

I counted 22 switch games at $30 base.

You're right although it doesn't include anything beyond Luigi's mansion 3 when sorting by most recent.
If it is a MWT bump, probably will get an email later today with the appropriate link, unless gamestop hasn't tagged everything properly, which could be the case. A few XSX and PS5 games were bumped as well.

Alright, I should probably know this and it has most likely been answered here before...somewhere...but I can't find it, so - do the Deal of the Day sales work in-store now? Specifically today's b3g2 PS4 game sale? 

Alright, I should probably know this and it has most likely been answered here before...somewhere...but I can't find it, so - do the Deal of the Day sales work in-store now? Specifically today's b3g2 PS4 game sale?
Nope. You can do store pickup for an online purchase using the DotD, but DotDs don't work in-store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back