2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lookin Sharp! I still wont buy from GameStops "Premium Refurbished"
I don't even think pre-owned is an option anymore. I normally ask if anything interesting has been traded in-store and one store said they did get a 2DS in recently.... but are being forced to send them all into the warehouse for "refurbishment" ( ie - can't just put out on the floor ). Probably related to the recent price increase. :oldman:

I'm so jealous!!! I wanted to order one but missed it and it seems like the GS page is dead too.
Yep, I didn't even know it existed until google told me it did.. magically google removed it from search results almost simultaneously as GS did. :hot:

trying to go on the site and it says address not found
I mash reload twice and it worked!

can confirm i went today and it worked in store

my store has started displaying cases again too

picked up some blue label ps4 games because im not a fan of the red box

Out of 25x $0.99 coasters.. 1 came complete with case (Halo 4!) A number didn't even come with any stickers or yellow sleeve - just thrown in a spare display case. (I'm sure they have a TON of these now that they're re-gutting heh) That fun promo did fund some Tax-day sales.

I'm stocking/trying some Zoids, GI Joe, Power Rangers, Re-Reckoning, and Dreams! Mostly just wanted to pickup a few random 3DS games to display behind my consoles that I probably could have picked up cheaper a year ago :dunce: Looks like prices only going up!

(DS games do work with the 4/$20, think I got almost all the ones I wanted GS still seems to carry. You can also try in-store)
what ds games did you pick up if you dont mind saying?

nearly everything i check is always out of stock

also have never gotten an actual game case from ordering them

what ds games did you pick up if you dont mind saying? Nearly everything I check is always out of stock. Also have never gotten an actual game case from ordering them.
Just slowly building up the DS + 3DS library back up based on if I liked / played / like-the-series using the various BxGx, 30/50% off, or 4for sales. Everything shown pretty much pre-owned from GS online or in-store. Funnily enough, I think I traded in most of my DS+3DS library to GS to start my credit recycling.

None came with cases and I'm sure there is probably a repo in there somewhere. Still looking for a few specific titles (replace that terrible TMNT!) so will just pray they pop back in stock or just source them from somewhere else, as some are just overpriced on Gamestop now.

In cheap-ass fashion, these frames are $0.96 from wally world. :lol:

SfducGK.png

What Gamestop really means when you see "premium refurbished titled"
Smoke smelling system is worst case scenario behind active cockroach infestation. I expect most portable systems to have some degree of fecal / nasal / seminal matter on arrival.... so I make sure to lick them all clean to strengthen my immune system. :joystick:

2 of the games I ordered at 3 in the morning on Sunday arrived this morning. Wish the free shipping was always that quick and reliable. The games were in great shape too (considering they were newer titles, they should be - but GS gonna GS).

$160 for my one S is hard to beat and more than I paid. Might trade it in toward an XSS whenever those are around
I'm holding out for $175.

About a week ago the 1 TB S was $125 TIV and it dropped back down to $110 just before the $50 promo started

I almost had the TIV I wanted.

I wish the Microsoft Stores were still around because they would probably give $200 for it when trading towards the next gen.

I wanted to like the Switch Lite but the buttons feel cheap and having shorter battery life than the regular Switch is sad. Was happy to unload it for $175 credit. My Vita units feel way better.

I wanted to like the Switch Lite but the buttons feel cheap and having shorter battery life than the regular Switch is sad. Was happy to unload it for $175 credit. My Vita units feel way better.
Yeah I got one for cheap off offer up and used it for about a month. I liked how light weight it was and felt a little more comfortable, but overall didn't want to deal with the potential drift and I agree the buttons felt a little cheap. It was nice having a real d-pad though. Eventually sold it for a profit and will just stick with my V2 switch.

Yeah I got one for cheap off offer up and used it for about a month. I liked how light weight it was and felt a little more comfortable, but overall didn't want to deal with the potential drift and I agree the buttons felt a little cheap. It was nice having a real d-pad though. Eventually sold it for a profit and will just stick with my V2 switch.
I might be alone but I like this handheld only left joycon with d pad.

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-D-Pad-Controller-Zelda-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01AJRN4CE/

Anyone else notice that the prices on the my orders page of Gamestop show much lower prices than you actually paid with many showing negative amounts? Some kind of new accounting scam or just Gamestop being Gamestop? _

I might be alone but I like this handheld only left joycon with d pad.
I do too. Bought mine for $15 on marioday promo from GS 1-2 years ago. Hate the default joycon layout. I use a hori d-pad on L and a hori split pad pro on R. Asymmetrical but comfortable and works best for me. Biggest downside is a terrible/squishy minus button.
[attachment=35387:20210302_130940.jpg]

I do too. Bought mine for $15 on marioday promo from GS 1-2 years ago. Hate the default joycon layout. I use a hori d-pad on L and a hori split pad pro on R. Asymmetrical but comfortable and works best for me. Biggest downside is a terrible/squishy minus button.
Haha wow that’s sweet. I don’t mind the standard right joycon so I can get that rumble.

Have a couple more Wii games to trade. I am nervous they will stop accepting them any day. Then again, they’re selling Mario kart for $60 so it’s probably safe for a while.

2 of the games I ordered at 3 in the morning on Sunday arrived this morning. Wish the free shipping was always that quick and reliable. The games were in great shape too (considering they were newer titles, they should be - but GS gonna GS).
Yep, shipping speeds looks to be returning to normal for Fedex at least (USPS gonna USPS) All my .99 cent games came in 3 days (1 of 25 complete...) but a bunch of my "Free" Tax Sale games ordered Sunday arrived today :beer: (13/15 complete so far.. even a 3DS game!)

uS8HUTR.png

But they also raised the buying price from $179.99 to $184.99. Lower the TIV and raise the selling price. Finally a smart business move.
I think they're looking at the volumes of used consoles on Amazon for much higher margins and going.... "wtf are we doing?" heh. I'm guessing they are just testing the 185 preowned lite price... it seems to be the only system they have consistently in stock.

May never be able to pick up a $99 PS4 slim at this rate :oldman:

Yep, shipping speeds looks to be returning to normal for Fedex at least (USPS gonna USPS) All my .99 cent games came in 3 days (1 of 25 complete...) but a bunch of my "Free" Tax Sale games ordered Sunday arrived today :beer: (13/15 complete so far.. even a 3DS game!)
I am still waiting on some of my 99 cent games to ship. Maybe they're stuck in transit somewhere.

Gamestop sent a package with one of the .99 cent games but they forgot to actually include a disc in the case!! 

I'm not gonna bother contacting support as I didn't want the .99 cent game but it sure would be good if they shippped out a $30 gift card by mistake!!

Gamestop sent a package with one of the .99 cent games but they forgot to actually include a disc in the case!!

I'm not gonna bother contacting support as I didn't want the .99 cent game but it sure would be good if they shippped out a $30 gift card by mistake!!
more likely they would send out a $30 giftcard with 99 cents on it

i know its been discussed in the past but are we still good to factory reset ps4s before we bring them in? do they still just test a game and the controller? ive had trouble with an xbox one i traded in without resetting showing back up on my microsoft account so i dont trust them to do it right themselves.

i know its been discussed in the past but are we still good to factory reset ps4s before we bring them in? do they still just test a game and the controller? ive had trouble with an xbox one i traded in without resetting showing back up on my microsoft account so i dont trust them to do it right themselves.
i am going to format my xbox one if i trade it in. they will just have to set it up to test everything.

Huh kinda looks similar to the breath of the wild one I have. Yeah the minus button isn't that great.

I always factory reset my consoles before trading them in.

I see a $10 online certificate for 10000 points. Any one can successfully redeem it and use it online ?

I also see the $50 instore certificate as well. Anyone can successfully redeem it ?

Thank you so much. By the way does the instore certificate work for gift cards like Nintendo Eshop gift card? I mean not the GameStop one.

I see a $10 online certificate for 10000 points. Any one can successfully redeem it and use it online ?

I also see the $50 instore certificate as well. Anyone can successfully redeem it ?

Thank you so much. By the way does the instore certificate work for gift cards like Nintendo Eshop gift card? I mean not the GameStop one.
Yes to all questions

Wow, my gamestop preowned games all but 2 came complete!!! New record for me. And I ordered like 20 games. Switch/Xbox ONE/PS4*

I'm just happy that my Persona Q came in today complete.
Make sure to test the crap out of it if its 1. as they had that big printing issue with 1 where a good portion of the carts don't work. Though from what I understand you can send it in to atlus for the digital version. It's why I just skipped the middleman and went and got it digitally.

Make sure to test the crap out of it if its 1. as they had that big printing issue with 1 where a good portion of the carts don't work. Though from what I understand you can send it in to atlus for the digital version. It's why I just skipped the middleman and went and got it digitally.
Hmm? Elaborate?

Hmm? Elaborate?
Copies from the first initial printing for pq 1 shadow of the labyrinth have printing errors where the carts are defective and won't work or stop working after a bit/only let you get past the opening. That's all I know besides what I already posted that Atlus will give you the digital code in exchange for your physical copy. It's a common issue with the games initial batch. Not sure how common it is for the later copies from the second batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back