2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been banned twice in the last 3 years and both times it lasted 3 months. They do a 30 day ban?
No clue! My first time... google searches seemed to indicate a 30 day, so not sure what others have experienced.

dont see the option to wishlist anything anymore for some reason
Probably the monkies working on the website broke the icon/link. For a few days the weekly ad icon disappeared too!

I found out today my personal account was also trade banned, making it 2 out of 3 accounts that are flagged. I moved onto the 3rd account at other stores on my route. I wonder how they triggered the ban as the 3rd account is just as active and I traded on all three during the February stealth bump through 2/22. The worst part is that I'm sitting on about 400 games accumulated from the last wave closing stores in February and another 100+ from the tax day 50% sale.
I too have a few extra copies accumulated, but mostly liquidated everything but switch titles.

I’m debating if I should get the PS4/ps5 version of hitman 3 either on disk or digital. I have both a PS4 and ps5 so I’m not sure if I bought the digital version I could dl to both consoles, or if I get disk on PS4 if I’d get the upgraded graphics on ps5. Anyone know?

I’m debating if I should get the PS4/ps5 version of hitman 3 either on disk or digital. I have both a PS4 and ps5 so I’m not sure if I bought the digital version I could dl to both consoles, or if I get disk on PS4 if I’d get the upgraded graphics on ps5. Anyone know?
I don't think Hitman 3 has a free upgrade option. I've heard the PS5 version is superior in several ways (mostly graphically but also technically such as shorter load times), so personally I decided to just wait for a discount on the PS5 version.

The used Super Mario 3D All Stars I ordered on Friday arrived today with the case. Came out to $37.99 after the $10 gift card. Not too shabby!

Looks like the original owner got 11 stars in Mario 64 and called it quits. No save files in Sunshine or Galaxy. (Update: Leaving my blonde moment here for entertainment)

The used Super Mario 3D All Stars I ordered on Friday arrived today with the case. Came out to $37.99 after the $10 gift card. Not too shabby!

Looks like the original owner got 11 stars in Mario 64 and called it quits. No save files in Sunshine or Galaxy.
Wouldn't that be your save? I didn't think any of the switch games stored save files

Looks like the original owner got 11 stars in Mario 64 and called it quits. No save files in Sunshine or Galaxy.
Make sure you change the save battery out within the next 10 years.

I got bump values in a trade done this afternoon. All 8 games I traded matched what is shown on the website.

With the tc I ordered a n3ds XL + games bundle.  A few left instock at the time of this post.

I got bump values in a trade done this afternoon. All 8 games I traded matched what is shown on the website.

With the tc I ordered a n3ds XL + games bundle. A few left instock at the time of this post.
THANK YOU! I've been camping the N3DS listings forever and always seem to miss when they restock. Ordered a bundle and a galaxy edition since I don't want to pay the insane scalper prices I see on a lot of consoles right now. Oddly, both listings showed OOS for me and wouldn't come up on a filter until I clicked on the actual page. Maybe that's why I haven't had luck lately lol

Posted 10 March 2021 - 06:04 AM

I have 150000 points in reward points .. it is difficult to spend in store for me. Can I purchase some toys online paid by my credit card first and then return them instore and repurchase with my $50 reward certificates by redeeming 50000 points ?

It is so frustrating that GameStop still haven’t fixed the online system for letting us redeem online coupon and use it online.

i use mine on stuff i know wont tank like ps5 accesories and i put 5 down on ryza 2 then paid it off with points on release date

im struggling to use my 5 bucks or birthday coupon currently

trade bump values still holding, a lot of price increases, mostly on 3ds, ds, and wii games. Pokemon DS games at $70, wii sports at $50, for example.

trade bump values still holding, a lot of price increases, mostly on 3ds, ds, and wii games. Pokemon DS games at $70, wii sports at $50, for example.
5 years ago, who would've predicted that a pack-in game that still holds the Guinness World Record for most copies "sold" for a sports game (almost 83 million), would be $50.

I think I still have an unopened one I got years ago.

I have 150000 points in reward points .. it is difficult to spend in store for me. Can I purchase some toys online paid by my credit card first and then return them instore and repurchase with my $50 reward certificates by redeeming 50000 points ?

It is so frustrating that GameStop still haven’t fixed the online system for letting us redeem online coupon and use it online.
Can't you buy a couple G2L games? It's a 1:1 points to credit.

Some rarer DS games on my wish list popped-up in stock today - picked up Castlevania Order of Ecclesia and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. No applicable deals and it's a big question as to if the carts are legitimate, but I guess we'll see!

Some rarer DS games on my wish list popped-up in stock today - picked up Castlevania Order of Ecclesia and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. No applicable deals and it's a big question as to if the carts are legitimate, but I guess we'll see!
Heads up, a few rarer games on other systems are back in stock as well. I just grabbed Dragon Quest VII and VIII for 3DS. They also have AI: The Somnium Files in stock for Switch again.

Grabbed a few DS games myself, hope they're not fake! I've actually seen some complete DS games out in the wild next to new sealed greatest hits 3DS games in the mini-cabinets :pray: So if most of this updated stock is from stores, they're always a chance!

Heads up, a few rarer games on other systems are back in stock as well. I just grabbed Dragon Quest VII and VIII for 3DS. They also have AI: The Somnium Files in stock for Switch again.
Regret trading in my copies of 3DS DQ V_ to amazon a year+ ago. Remember them being on clearance at Target, Wally, and even Toyrus. I guess at least I saved the cases! :wall:

Just kick the points toward a guaranteed to love title, then trade the games in a little later at a different store. You get full credit back and points as well!

I haven't seen any stock become available in my area.  Including games I know a store has 1 display copy left in inventory.  So I don't see any local evidence of web moving away from showing -1 inventory.

I did however just drop $200 on some hard-to-find niche games.
Edit:  Half my items ordered are now stuck in "awaiting product availability." I'll never get them.  I hate this website.

If anyone gets a shipping on anything that is marked as "awaiting product availability" please update us. I feel like Gamestop just sold me $300 worth of stuff they don't have.

Ordered Untitled Goose Game Switch and Metroid Trilogy for $35 each. Did another order for Fairy Tale with birthday coupon. Missed out on Pokemon Platinum by a few minutes. Was going to get another Metroid too but sold out. Hopefully this stuff ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back