2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will probably happen again at some point. But unpredictably. The last time I saw the site accurately showing store inventory was the last week of 2020. Finding a use for the $5 cert online has been much more difficult since then.

A question of my own: Does an instore purchase of a digital game (FE: Shadow Dragon) work with the monthly $5?
I also wonder how all the store closures are gonna impact their inventory/if this is tied to it. I doubt it helps when it's hard to trade games in. I used to have 6 FS near me within 15 minute drive and now there's 3. The local one where the guy was actually cool/let some things slide from time to time (e.g. actually let me use the $5 cert on sub/currency cards, track down HTF games) was one of the ones that closed unfortunately.

*sigh* I miss the days when the store inventory would finally show that game I've been hunting for months in stock at a store that was near by... the feeling which was exhilarated by getting to the store and finding the game was complete and in excellent shape. Funny, it was only just over a year ago I think where I drove 15 miles to a store for a copy of Job Simulator... got there and was thrilled to get a copy with a case.

I feel like the store locater still works kind of just not on their site. I was looking for Disgaea 4 on Switch and google showed one was "9 miles away at X city" I called one of the stores in that city and they told me which store had it. 

I feel like the store locater still works kind of just not on their site. I was looking for Disgaea 4 on Switch and google showed one was "9 miles away at X city" I called one of the stores in that city and they told me which store had it.
Can you explain how you did this?

It's hard to impulse buy when you're shopping online especially when they require you spend x amount to get free shipping. These type of stores thrive off those impulse buyers buying $5 used games (a good amount of games aren't sold / shipped from online either), pro memberships and merch (shirts, socks, etc.).

Online works great for Walmart and Amazon but not a place like Gamestop who doesn't have the online inventory and high shipping prices.

They still did ok, but makes sense that their revenue dropped.
Which continues to beg the question why they still have the inventory system turned "off." They want/NEED customers to come into the stores and make impulse buys yet, according to their inventory tracker, so many of their games aren't available in-store. It's completely counter-productive.

Can you explain how you did this?
For example I typed out "Disgaea 4 Switch" > clicked on shopping tab on google > I see that one is 9.1 miles away from me but it doesn't say where > click on compare to 5+ stores > I see that it shows one available 9.1 miles away in Long Beach. I looked at "Gamestop Long Beach" and called one of the stores there and asked if they had it. They said no but the other store in Long Beach had one.

Low numbers are probably because of the pandemic. They get a large portion of their sales from used games and merch which people normally buy in store. But in several states their stores were either closed due to lockdowns or had very low in store visitors due to people distancing. They also still closed down a lot of stores last year too.

I can see how that would make them earn less last year with fewer shoppers. Helps that this gen came out in November, so they only had a large sales boost from the holidays.
There was also the major pile up with deliveries for ordering online from may to july. And their in stock checker has been prettymuch worthless since around august as well. You can bet that multiple stores likely have at least 1 copy of any given game in stock still.

It's hard to impulse buy when you're shopping online especially when they require you spend x amount to get free shipping. These type of stores thrive off those impulse buyers buying $5 used games (a good amount of games aren't sold / shipped from online either), pro memberships and merch (shirts, socks, etc.).

Online works great for Walmart and Amazon but not a place like Gamestop who doesn't have the online inventory and high shipping prices.

They still did ok, but makes sense that their revenue dropped.
True I forgot to factor all the stuff they don't list/sell online. Like there's a gamestop about 5 miles from me that still has ps2 titles I think. Though they are mostly in the yellow sleeves on a small rack at the front of the store. Ds titles there as well.

Bought a new copy of deformers. Came in steelbook with one sticker, but is missing soundtrack. Ive seen opened games sold as new, but ive never seen an opened game sold as new while missing inserts, or in this case, a bonus soundtrack cd. In other news, I received one vita game with its original case.

Anyone ordered the MH Switch Console + Controller thru Gamestop? Originally said going to be delivered the 21-22nd. But now shows awaiting product availability... even payed for release day shipping which I regret at this point. Hoping it ships tmrw and still arrives Friday.

I did and am also at 'waiting on product availability'. I'm nervous since GS has cancelled consoles on me multiple times but I hope they ship everything out. Ordered as soon as it went up so stock shouldn't be that big a problem.

For example I typed out "Disgaea 4 Switch" > clicked on shopping tab on google > I see that one is 9.1 miles away from me but it doesn't say where > click on compare to 5+ stores > I see that it shows one available 9.1 miles away in Long Beach. I looked at "Gamestop Long Beach" and called one of the stores there and asked if they had it. They said no but the other store in Long Beach had one.
Thanks for posting this.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust your location or search radius so it doesn't do much for those of us in the boonies. :)

If I trade 2 games towards Outriders and it puts me over the total I have remaining on it, what happens? Do I still get the full trade value including bonus?
You get the extra amount on a trade card, or can use it to buy/preorder something else.

Damn, anyone know if there was a trade bump this month?
There was a relatively small bump 2 weekends ago.

Dumb, so Gamestop delayed my shipping for the MH Console bundle because they didn't have the MH pro controller in-stock. The console was ready for shipping earlier this week. And I paid release day. They are trying to ship it together instead of seperately. So now they told me the Console is out of stock so I have to wait for them both to be instock AT THE SAME TIME for me to get it shipped.

Dumb, so Gamestop delayed my shipping for the MH Console bundle because they didn't have the MH pro controller in-stock. The console was ready for shipping earlier this week. And I paid release day. They are trying to ship it together instead of seperately. So now they told me the Console is out of stock so I have to wait for them both to be instock AT THE SAME TIME for me to get it shipped.
I ordered the controller separate from GS as well and they shipped it for delivery on Monday

shining resonance refrain xb1 came with the disc case and case art but none of the extras. Oh well. It was worth a shot. Someone else might get lucky with their order though and it will come with the steel case and such.  I ordered 2 and neither did but they otherwise both came complete in the exact same condition for what its worth to others. 

My Metroid Trilogy from the restock came in. Steel book and all 😃. Also found a copy of Ys VIII Adventurers Edition for Switch at a store that was just traded. I guess the pictures are flipped for some reason. Metroid was $35 since I bought a new game along with it.

[attachment=35456:57084D90-EC62-44C1-B793-54DC4D11CFAC.jpeg]

[attachment=35458:4C913A28-8AF4-4039-B4D7-02891421EE3C.jpeg]

[attachment=35459:5291176B-3A63-49A2-B2C4-C4C0B1F14C9A.jpeg]

I doubt a mail trade in program would work. At that point most people would rather sell it themselves on eBay. The whole point of GS trade ins is convenience for most people. Amazon, Best Buy, and many other places tried mail trade in programs and they're all either dead or barely active and only take the newest releases so it looks like they don't work out in the long run. Plus, we all know how different employees have different ideas on condition so one guy in the warehouse might take in any trashed disc while another will give you a refurbishing fee for a few finger prints just like the stores did which would be a hassle if dealing with mailed packages instead of just being able to take your stuff and leave in the store.
A mail-in trade program has worked for estarland since the 90's. Trade in enough and they send a prepaid shipping label. Sure, some stuff will get declined, but they don't want trash.

yeah, it is somewhat misleading to say mail trade in programs don't work. best buy and walmart both did mail in trades that often were more successful or easier than doing so in store (depending on the competency of your local store employees) they went away because their respective trade in programs were ended or scaled back. amazon trade in was flourishing until covid basically altered how we do everything.

I'm amazed this is even a conversation. You trade whores haven't gotten trade banned on enough accounts yet? Or is this justification a way to facilitate getting even more accounts, since you could use your grandma's address and PO boxes to procure more credits on even more accounts? No more disguises in pithy attempts to fool the teenage GS cashier who banned you for trading in everything you bought after wiping out the clearance sections of 3 Walmarts?

Figured the GME events of the past few months would've dropped some sacks around here. Gotta graduate into investing in things more profitable than games, boys. While you hit up those Walmarts for games to flip for $200 in credit, some twenty-something named Kyle was probably closing $10k ahead for the week.

you sure are a bitter person considering how wealthy and successful you are. seems to me your free time is too valuable to keep wasting it posting here with us low lifes.

I'm amazed this is even a conversation. You trade whores haven't gotten trade banned on enough accounts yet? Or is this justification a way to facilitate getting even more accounts, since you could use your grandma's address and PO boxes to procure more credits on even more accounts? No more disguises in pithy attempts to fool the teenage GS cashier who banned you for trading in everything you bought after wiping out the clearance sections of 3 Walmarts?

Figured the GME events of the past few months would've dropped some sacks around here. Gotta graduate into investing in things more profitable than games, boys. While you hit up those Walmarts for games to flip for $200 in credit, some twenty-something named Kyle was probably closing $10k ahead for the week.
You're right, why should these guys even bother with a low-level racket like Gamestop flips when they could be building true, sustainable, long-term wealth with...stonks?

amazon trade in was flourishing until covid basically altered how we do everything.
I still don't really understand the cliff Amazon TIVs went off. You'd think with the increase in prices in nearly everything video games due to COVID you'd see even a slightly TIV increase, but it looks like they just wanted out. I still check my trade-in cart once a week and all the values still terrible. :oldman:

Mail-in GS program could work as their physical footprint shrinks... but I doubt we're the target demo for that program as many GS-sourced pre-owned games would probably get rejected and no promos would apply. :whistle2:#

I know Monster Hunter was the big release today, but shocked my store only got 1 copy of It Takes Two on Xbox. When I picked up my reservation, they said they had to turn away 2 people away since they only had my copy.

indulge me please, I apologize if these were already asked and answered-

-is there no weekly add link, or is it my eyes or browser?

-are alot of the $4.99 games from last week jacked up to $9.99 for the sale?

-has anybody been able to redeem rewards points for a coupon lately?

Are there still trade promos? Like 30% towards preorders, bonus $$ when you trade X? I only ever see the one about smartphones on the site

Are there still trade promos? Like 30% towards preorders, bonus $$ when you trade X? I only ever see the one about smartphones on the site
Yes, but they've made a game out of it. It's basically never on the trade specials page anymore but instead on the weekly ad or on the rotating webpage banner when you visit Xbox, Playstation, or Nintendo Switch webpages within GameStop.

Thanks for this tip. It has helped me find some action figures that I've been hunting. Gamestop's site/app are so borked that I can be staring at three of an item on the shelf but on my phone GS is telling me "none within 100 miles of you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back