2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Monster Hunter rise switch console is still in stock and has been for like the past 6 hours. There’s no way they have this much stock to fulfill all these orders. According to people on Twitter their preorders from back in Feb for the console still haven’t shipped.

Ordered one, but fully expecting it to get canceled.

EDIT: Welp. I was wrong. Just got the tracking # and should be here tomorrow.

The Monster Hunter rise switch console is still in stock and has been for like the past 6 hours. There’s no way they have this much stock to fulfill all these orders. According to people on Twitter their preorders from back in Feb for the console still haven’t shipped.
Ordered one, but fully expecting it to get canceled.
EDIT: Welp. I was wrong. Just got the tracking # and should be here tomorrow.
Lucky you. No shipment for either my pre order or the one I ordered at 2pm. Also went to the store to pick up monster Hunter rise but their shipment was delayed as well.

Just placed my order for the MH switch console. My $700 plus trade credit combined with gift cards was just laying there. Finally put it to use!

GameStop will be having a Spring Sale tomorrow:

Preowned games 5 for $50 ($20 or less titles)get five for $50 (on titles under $20)

Assassin's Creed Valhalla $30-- $30 ($60)

BioShock: The Collection $20- $20 50)

Borderlands: Legendary Collection $20-- $20 ($50)

Immortals Fenyx Rising $30$30 ($60)

Just Dance 2021 $30$30 ($50)

Little Nightmares II $20- $20 ($30)

Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection $20 $20 ($40)

Persona 5 Royal $30- $30 ($60)

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Complete Edition $30-- $30 ($40)

Splatoon 2 $50-- $50 ($60)

Star Wars Squadrons $20$20 ($40)

XCOM 2 Collection $20$20 ($50)

Watch Dogs Legion $20 -- $20 ($60)

Yakuza: Like a Dragon $40
PowerA joy con charging docking station $20($60)

info by Gamespot - J. Sitzes

Preowned games 5 for $50 ($20 or less titles)get five for $50 (on titles under $20)

Assassin's Creed Valhalla $30-- $30 ($60)

BioShock: The Collection $20- $20 50)

Borderlands: Legendary Collection $20-- $20 ($50)

Immortals Fenyx Rising $30$30 ($60)

Just Dance 2021 $30$30 ($50)

Little Nightmares II $20- $20 ($30)

Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection $20 $20 ($40)

Persona 5 Royal $30- $30 ($60)

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Complete Edition $30-- $30 ($40)

Splatoon 2 $50-- $50 ($60)

Star Wars Squadrons $20$20 ($40)

XCOM 2 Collection $20$20 ($50)

Watch Dogs Legion $20 -- $20 ($60)

PowerA joy con charging docking station $20($60)

Thanks for the heads up. Still patiently waiting for Yakuza LAD to get anywhere near $20....

Has using the monthly cert twice still been working for everyone? Thought I saw a post about it no longer working a ways back but I can't find said post with the search feature.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla $30-- $30 (
$60)
BioShock: The Collection $20- $20
50)
Borderlands: Legendary Collection $20-- $20 (
$50)
Immortals Fenyx Rising $30$30 (
$60)
Just Dance 2021 $30$30 (
$50)
Little Nightmares II $20- $20 (
$30)
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection $20 $20 (
$40)
Persona 5 Royal $30- $30 (
$60)
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Complete Edition $30-- $30 (
$40)
Splatoon 2 $50
-- $50 ($60)
Star Wars Squadrons $20$20 (
$40)
XCOM 2 Collection $20$20 (
$50)
Watch Dogs Legion $20 -- $20 (
$60)
PowerA joy con charging docking station $20(
$60)
What time does the sale start online?

I just wish I could checkout. I keep getting payment errors. Tried PayPal twice (and PayPal held the funds and show the purchase, but my GS account doesn't). Tried my debit card, same error.
And every attempt it empties my fucking cart. So frustrating

Is this confirmed? It looks like $2 to me, but of course that wouldn't make sense if it was a normal company
spring sale ad page 1

G1azXQe.png

Death Stranding is also trading for $10 and $18 used.

Minecraft on Switch trades for $8. Lots of $17.99 games like God of War, Last of Us, Mega Man Zero Collection, etc go for $6.  I'm trying to find at least 3 other $19.99 or under pre-owned games with a $10 TIV. At the very least, pairing some Death Strandings and Nioh 2s with other games are decent boomerangs plus builds powerup points.

No Straight Roads on PS4 and Switch are currently $10 and $13 TIV but the used price hasn't dropped yet to reflect the $20 new price tag. The 5 for $50 promo hasn't gone live yet, I really wanna see if it's eligble for the free gift card.

I just wish I could checkout. I keep getting payment errors. Tried PayPal twice (and PayPal held the funds and show the purchase, but my GS account doesn't). Tried my debit card, same error.
And every attempt it empties my fucking cart. So frustrating
when that happens usually using a different browser or mobile works for me.

Some values dropped -- Spiderman (PS4) is now $8 base, down from $12, for example -- but Minecraft (PS4) still nets $15 after bonus and Uncharted Collection gets $11 after bonus, so not all bad. 

5 for 50 isn't up on the website yet to my knowledge. Or at least isn't listed in the promotions section on any games page that I have looked at. Just the 10-30 coupon for 40-100$ purchase, 30-50% off preowned when you buy 1-2 new 29.99 games and the 5% with the card. 

Looks like they flipped the switch on the wrong promo for the Spring Sale on the website - "Spend at least $40, get a $10 coupon. Spend at least $80, get a $20 coupon. Spend at least $100, get a $30 coupon. On Pre-Owned games $19.99 and up!" is listed as the sale when it isn't in the ad anywhere. Not that there is anything worth stocking up on being all trade-banned and all still  O:)

New website design needed more testing before going live. No link to weekly ad or adding to wishlist, no way to just add items to cart from results, all the games with digital versions bypassing filters, etc...  :bomb:

Yu-gi-oh (NSW) is on sale for $20 new and base $17. Good way to convert some points to credit 1:1, plus get a few cards out of it.

Just got shipping confirmation on my pre-order Switch MH rise edition that was delayed. Loving this +$5 trade bonus. Hopefully the 5 for $50 works in store.

Trying to do the buy 1 new get 30% off used deal but keep getting a $10 gift card added instead. Is there any way to work around this?
Sadly it's just wait and see if/when they fix the promo's currently broken state. I have a cart of nothing but sub $19.99 games and I'm still getting a gc auto-attaching, even through it should only apply to $20+ games. And the presence of the gc kills any other promos from applying.

Sadly it's just wait and see if/when they fix the promo's currently broken state. I have a cart of nothing but sub $19.99 games and I'm still getting a gc auto-attaching, even through it should only apply to $20+ games. And the presence of the gc kills any other promos from applying.
Same. Was hoping to take advantage of their stated "5 for $50" deal but it keeps applying that gift card. Maybe I should take it as a sign, I mean I guess I really don't NEED more games right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back