2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 for 50 isn't up on the website yet to my knowledge. Or at least isn't listed in the promotions section on any games page that I have looked at. Just the 10-30 coupon for 40-100$ purchase, 30-50% off preowned when you buy 1-2 new 29.99 games and the 5% with the card.
Even the 30-50% off preowned when you buy 1-2 new 29.99 games isnt working for me. Just adding a $10 gift card. Fix your shit Gamestop.

are you having success using points online or did nothing change?
I don't know, there were none around me so if the website was ever going to update and include the 5/$50, I would have just bought online and return/rebuy in-store with points. But it looks like the tiv is wrong so it's not worth it now.
Yu-Gi-Oh switch trades in for $5 in store. Had to ask associate to change the TIV.
That sucks, nevermind then.

No Straight Roads (NSW) has base TIV of $13 on the site but only $5 in store.  My local SL was kind enough to manually adjust and add the $5 bonus bringing it to $18 for me.

Figured out something: while the website and even app displays the higher TIV when searching the game, once you add it to your ‘saved trades’ on the app, it updates to reflect the actual in store value. Seems god of war was nuked to $4.75, other games look like they were nuked specifically so as to not qualify for the promo

Do you have examples? It could save the hassle for some of us.
I'd wager any Spring Sale game has a decreased trade in value — Watch Dogs Legion and No Straight Roads, for example. Also had a couple of games that were randomly decreased: Mafia: Definitive Edition (X1), Daymare 1998 (PS4), LA Noire (XB1).

Figured out something: while the website and even app displays the higher TIV when searching the game, once you add it to your ‘saved trades’ on the app, it updates to reflect the actual in store value. Seems god of war was nuked to $4.75, other games look like they were nuked specifically so as to not qualify for the promo
I just tried this. I think the saved trades list is incorrectly showing the cash tiv, not the accurate instore tiv's. Of the 7 games I added, every single one is showing what should be the cash tiv. For example, Mario Rabbids shows "Trade Credit Value: $6.16"

GS can't do anything correctly today. Most days, actually. But especially today.

I just tried this. I think the saved trades list is incorrectly showing the cash tiv, not the accurate instore tiv's. Of the 7 games I added, every single one is showing what should be the cash tiv. For example, Mario Rabbids shows "Trade Credit Value: $6.16"
GS can't do anything correctly today. Most days, actually. But especially today.
They always showed the cash value. At least for as long as I can remember.

They always showed the cash value. At least for as long as I can remember. You must have not saved trades before.

yep, wonderful 101 remaster, tropico 6, evil within 2 and grand theft auto 5 for ps4 all nuked down to $5. at this point if your local store doesnt have someone that can (and will) adjust according to saved estimates, i wouldn't bother.

also, found a persona 5 royal new in store even though it showed completely out of stock within 100 miles, so the -1 thing is real...

Thanks for the heads up, that sucks. They're probably going after those popular titles that were on sale in the last 2-3 weeks

LOL. You did all that work while also wasting the employees time just to try and make a measly $5? Jesus. Hope things get better for you.
that is a $20 difference, also, the employee is getting paid to work, so i dont see how answering a question about gamestop trade values is a waste of their time...

I did a trade earlier today, but expected total was off by about $9. RE2, RE7, Mario Rabbids, and Bloodborne where all slightly less than what the website shows. Not a huge deal, but interesting note is Mario Rabbids came up as $4 base value, but got the $5 bonus, for a total of 9.40 after 10% pro bonus. They added the 10% bag bonus, but as expected only the $5 bonus applied.

Hopefully you told them to remove it before putting it on a trade card or before you left the store.
It’s all good I just didn’t notice it cuz he said he was applying my $5 monthly thing on it then I noticed when I got in my car. No biggie but hey at least ask me. Why’s there two round up thingies tho lol

I watch that screen like a hawk. They're always sneaking refurb fees and stuff on there. I always thank them when they actually tell me they're doing it.
As much as I hate when they ask a bunch of things to add it’s better than them sneaking things in and not asking

yep, wonderful 101 remaster, tropico 6, evil within 2 and grand theft auto 5 for ps4 all nuked down to $5. at this point if your local store doesnt have someone that can (and will) adjust according to saved estimates, i wouldn't bother.

also, found a persona 5 royal new in store even though it showed completely out of stock within 100 miles, so the -1 thing is real...
Before GS nuked the TIV on The Evil Within 2, what was the TIV before? Been sitting on a sealed copy of this game for a couple years, and have been wanting to trade it in for quite some time as I already have it on PC.

Before GS nuked the TIV on The Evil Within 2, what was the TIV before? Been sitting on a sealed copy of this game for a couple years, and have been wanting to trade it in for quite some time as I already have it on PC.
it wasn't great, $6 or $8. i just found it weird that they seemed to drop everything to $5.

Damn I just drove by my local store and it had posted signs about store closing and everything 30% off. Do closing stores still take returns and trade ins?

At this point, should we just assume that the 5 for $50 was a misprint/mistake on the Spring Sale ad, considering:

1. It's still not live 30ish hours after the sale started &
  2. They aren't making the weekly ad(s) available (link is gone on site)?

So, just to be clear, even though they dropped a BUNCH of PS4 titles to the $5 level, won't they all still get the $5 bonus? Some of the titles I had I paid less than $8 (from 50% promos and the like), so while I'm not making bank, at least I'm making my money back at $10 (and earning points I guess).

Also, in the app it shows the saved Trade Credit Value as $4.40 for most of the games, but that's only the Cash value right? I would actually get the $5 Store Credit value (plus 10% with the Pro card and the extra $5 per title)? Just trying to have my mind eased a bit.

It’s all good I just didn’t notice it cuz he said he was applying my $5 monthly thing on it then I noticed when I got in my car. No biggie but hey at least ask me. Why’s there two round up thingies tho lol
That must be their new thing. On Saturday the store manager said "And I'm just going to add the warranty protection since it is free with your monthly certificate." Uh NO THANKS

That must be their new thing. On Saturday the store manager said "And I'm just going to add the warranty protection since it is free with your monthly certificate." Uh NO THANKS
Shit like this is why I'm not even going to both renewing my pro when it comes up, because they keep trying to find new and inventive ways to screw the customer. The sooner they go out of business, the better, because they are doing nothing but making the game buying experience more toxic.

Shit like this is why I'm not even going to both renewing my pro when it comes up, because they keep trying to find new and inventive ways to screw the customer. The sooner they go out of business, the better, because they are doing nothing but making the game buying experience more toxic.
I'll put up with the abuse for the deals I get

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back