2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're understaffed. I live in a major metro area and they're screwing their staff over here. Yes, it's frustrating, but it's not their fault
That makes sense, sucks for the employee . I always wondered why the lone associates in my store are so trusting that they’ll legit go to the back for 2-5 minutes to search for a game or accessory and leave no one outside to monitor customers. Feels like a bad idea but I guess they have no choice due to poor managing/scheduling

Damn I just drove by my local store and it had posted signs about store closing and everything 30% off. Do closing stores still take returns and trade ins?
No, I have a local store that is closing here and I was going to do a return and trade, prior to knowing that they were closing, and they said to go to the next nearest store for trades or returns.

That makes sense, sucks for the employee . I always wondered why the lone associates in my store are so trusting that they’ll legit go to the back for 2-5 minutes to search for a game or accessory and leave no one outside to monitor customers. Feels like a bad idea but I guess they have no choice due to poor managing/scheduling
I was annoyed when I couldn't pick up a pre-order/, but I was mad at the company. Felt sorry for the employee that he had to shut down the store so he could take a meal break

went to use my march certificate today and was greeted with this.

wouldn't expect a vague sign like this in a mall. Some dinky small town maybe.

[spoiler
On a side note...imagine what happens if they raise minimum wage to $15 an hour. Think pandemic was bad. What will close if this happens?

One employee in store at a time doesn't seem safe for them but gamestop doesn't seem to care about such things anyway

That ex Chewy guy has his work cut out for him if he’s going to be the savior some hope he’ll be.

I was annoyed when I couldn't pick up a pre-order/, but I was mad at the company. Felt sorry for the employee that he had to shut down the store so he could take a meal break
The Chewyfication isn't going so smoothly thus far. If you had to compare the whining CAGers that show up in this thread and entitled gamer man-children to pet-owners, how would you accurately describe them... at least pet owners can claim to care about something besides themselves.

On a side note...imagine what happens if they raise minimum wage to $15 an hour. Think pandemic was bad. What will close if this happens?

One employee in store at a time doesn't seem safe for them but gamestop doesn't seem to care about such things anyway
15 would have taken a few years to be put in place. I

Covid/shut-down issues -> less sales/foot traffic in stores -> lay offs/quittings/less staff -> non-functioning inventory checker -> further decreased foot traffic/less high ROI impulse purchases -> ?

This is nonsense. All these major companies can afford to pay their employees a livable wage. Their incompetence as an organization is why they only have one employee at a time it's not that they can't afford employees.

The Chewyfication isn't going so smoothly thus far. If you had to compare the whining CAGers that show up in this thread and entitled gamer man-children to pet-owners, how would you accurately describe them... at least pet owners can claim to care about something besides themselves.
Aren’t you a fairly active poster and flipper? Should post some examples of who you are referring to. I wouldn’t feel very confident in saying someone that shops at chewy is inherently a better person and a better class of customer than someone shopping at GameStop. I’ve known pet owners that are cruel people. Even people that beat their pets still gotta feed them something. A GameStop customer can’t even claim to care about something more than themselves? Ouch. At the very least, even a game is still a “thing”, a “thing” that thousands of people put effort into creating at least some artistic aspects of, which serves as much of a role in society as any other form of entertainment. There are negative aspects to current gamer culture, but I don’t think blanket generalizations like this help.

Aren’t you a fairly active poster and flipper? Should post some examples of who you are referring to. I wouldn’t feel very confident in saying someone that shops at chewy is inherently a better person and a better class of customer than someone shopping at GameStop. I’ve known pet owners that are cruel people. Even people that beat their pets still gotta feed them something. A GameStop customer can’t even claim to care about something more than themselves? Ouch. At the very least, even a game is still a “thing”, a “thing” that thousands of people put effort into creating at least some artistic aspects of, which serves as much of a role in society as any other form of entertainment. There are negative aspects to current gamer culture, but I don’t think blanket generalizations like this help.
I wasn't trying to make a blanket statement, but you don't have to look very far in this thread for complaints of "I'm done with this store after xyz." I've run into "on break" and "lunch" signs several times but never thought about putting it anywhere online because I can empathize with the employees on solo coverage.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with how Chewy's customer service goes above and beyond for its customers. I only know because I'm invested in GME. If Chewy guy intends to transform Gamestop's customer service to that level I want to see what kind of sympathy is necessary to appease someone whose preorder didn't come in on release day. From a business perspective, pet owners are a much more lucrative customer than the gamer that goes REEEE and decides to rage quit. I'm generalizing again, but I hope you get my message.

Restaurants here are having trouble hiring, probably because the unemployment etc are giving as much or more than they're paying. Also, anecdotal stories are that the people who are going out now are the ones who don't tip, aren't nice, etc. So of course no one would want to work for Gamestop right now.

I know, off-topic. But dang! I have never known some pet owners to be described as cruel people. I mean, I have heard some pet owners putting random pets before random people. Like they'll give the benefit of the doubt more likely to a bad pet than a bad person.

Anyway back on topic, has anyone gotten 5 for $50 on $19.99 preowned games to work online?

where i live its a mostly useess promo then, unless i want My Riding Stables and Far Cry 4. im within 10 minutes travel distance to 7 different gamestops, none of them have had decent preowned stock since the initial covid wave that wiped out every console for sale in the entire state

maybe more than the bare minimum in terms of trade promos would help. and no, its not because most ppl do cash trades, my state allowed them the entire time the stores were open.

Nice, 0/2 so far with No Straight Roads PS4 *NEW*. Both times they not only were gutted with the shitty circle sticker, but they were both loose inside as well.

Gamestop employees don't deserve anywhere near $15 if most lack the ability to securely put PS4 games inside the case.
That's more Sony's fault for designing poor cases. Even if secured before shipment, PS4 discs can easily become loose while in transit.

Seeing a funky “trade up” banner on the website. Okay, just a selection of games with remasters and they show the puny trade credit you’d get for the old gen version.

Restaurants here are having trouble hiring, probably because the unemployment etc are giving as much or more than they're paying. Also, anecdotal stories are that the people who are going out now are the ones who don't tip, aren't nice, etc. So of course no one would want to work for Gamestop right now.
The unemployment benefits for covid-19 ended months ago and only just started back up so that argument wouldn't work.

Still a little tiffed about how people were on unemployment and making more in a week than I do in 2-3.

Nice, 0/2 so far with No Straight Roads PS4 *NEW*. Both times they not only were gutted with the shitty circle sticker, but they were both loose inside as well.

Gamestop employees don't deserve anywhere near $15 if most lack the ability to securely put PS4 games inside the case.
bruh I know it’s annoying but

1. That’s because PS4 cases suck. Discs always get loose. Even if put in correctly
2. Everyone deserves a living wage. You have no idea how crappy their day/life/job/jobs are.
3. They are treated like garbage by customers by a garbage company that made them stay open during the worst of the pandemic pretending to be an “essential” business. They aren’t paid enough to put up with how their own Corp treats them let alone customers

I hold no animosity towards the employees. Most I deal with are good people who are stuck in a shitty situation where they just want to work a job they can make enough money at to pay rent, living expenses, ect and understand that the company is run by assholes who actively try to screw over the customer as much as possible. Even the ones who do shit like try to slip a warranty on your order without you noticing or try to use your points to help meet their metrics, it's a shitty thing to do, but they're just trying to do what their managers, ect want them to do, and some have better ethics and morals than others, but it doesn't make them bad people

The unemployment benefits for covid-19 ended months ago and only just started back up so that argument wouldn't work.

Still a little tiffed about how people were on unemployment and making more in a week than I do in 2-3.
this is incorrect, the $600 ran out, but it was renewed at $300 late last year and was set to run out in March, and now has been extended until September. Where I work starts out at $19 an hour and you cant even get people to show up to an interview. they are just going through the motions required to stay on unemployment. i cant even imagine how hard it would be to hire for gamestop or any other minimum wage job.

I wasn't trying to make a blanket statement, but you don't have to look very far in this thread for complaints of "I'm done with this store after xyz." I've run into "on break" and "lunch" signs several times but never thought about putting it anywhere online because I can empathize with the employees on solo coverage.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with how Chewy's customer service goes above and beyond for its customers. I only know because I'm invested in GME. If Chewy guy intends to transform Gamestop's customer service to that level I want to see what kind of sympathy is necessary to appease someone whose preorder didn't come in on release day. From a business perspective, pet owners are a much more lucrative customer than the gamer that goes REEEE and decides to rage quit. I'm generalizing again, but I hope you get my message.
Ok, yeah, that I understand what you are getting at more. There are many GameStop customers that would not recognize or appreciate decent customer service (which probably has to come from better working conditions and pay). I still have a pet, but don’t have experience with Chewy. If their customer service is as good as I’ve heard, and similar is planned for GameStop, that’s good but possibly kind of pointless? For all the complaints, most here just care about the best deals and flips, and some will always find something to complain about. Somewhat implying that most gamers only care about themselves compared to kind pet food buyers, I think that statement went a bit overboard, but I get the sentiment.

I know, off-topic. But dang! I have never known some pet owners to be described as cruel people. I mean, I have heard some pet owners putting random pets before random people. Like they'll give the benefit of the doubt more likely to a bad pet than a bad person.
Yeah...some distant family that had the habit of kicking their dogs when they were angry. Another set that had a dog that just lived in a small cage outside it’s entire life. Whats the point of that? Always seemed cruel to me, Dogs are social animals. I’ve also known or heard about two neighbors or kids I used to go to school with that decided to smash their pet turtle for fun one day. I just always try to be careful of labeling one group good or bad versus another, because you are still mixing the sicko shits (which every group has) in with the normal when dealing in broad strokes like that. Pet owners in general probably are more empathetic overall than gamers, but that generalization is pointless at a personal level.

this is incorrect, the $600 ran out, but it was renewed at $300 late last year and was set to run out in March, and now has been extended until September. Where I work starts out at $19 an hour and you cant even get people to show up to an interview. they are just going through the motions required to stay on unemployment. i cant even imagine how hard it would be to hire for gamestop or any other minimum wage job.
What pays 19 an hour that people won’t take?

Hillsdale mall location? Lol
That’s pretty damn good to be able to spot that from my pic!
Edit: I went back to look at my pic. So generic. How did you figure out it’s hillsdale?

I totally understood they got fucked and only one person was on duty. But a “be back at x” is much better than “in an hour”... unless you’re like “fuck this I’m going to the movies”

Got following games as part of 4 for $20 promotion. All complete with inserts

Splatoon - WII U

Bladestorm Nightmare - PS4

Trine Ultimate Collection - Both PS4 & xbox

If we’re talking about people not working, I have a friend who is a hiring manager for a company and she constantly has people not showing up for interviews for a production management job that starts at $90k a year. So I believe it when I hear people aren’t taking jobs

Gotta love it when you catch GS adding the warranty right before inserting my trade card.
There have been so many reports of this recently. Clearly this has come down as an edict from corporate. It's also an illegal business practice that violates consumer protection laws in most states. No matter what some people think of consumer protection laws in general, it shouldn't be controversial that a seller cannot just charge you for something without your explicit consent.

I suggest people consider filing complaints with the better business bureau.

I feel bad for GS employees having to peddle whatever nonsense corporate tells them to in order to make their quota. What really got me was when GS bosses insisted that they were an "essential business" last year before everything was shut down. They were more than happy to risk employees health and safety to pad their bottom line. That's just sad from start to finish.

I'm wondering if I should trade a few games while the $5 bonus is active or wait until the Spring Sale is over and see if trade-in values rebound. I have pre-orders of MLB The Show 21 Jackie Robinson (MVP) Edition for PS4 and Xbox One that I need to pay off (preferably with trade cred).

There have been so many reports of this recently. Clearly this has come down as an edict from corporate. It's also an illegal business practice that violates consumer protection laws in most states. No matter what some people think of consumer protection laws in general, it shouldn't be controversial that a seller cannot just charge you for something without your explicit consent.
It's not an edict from corporate. It's actually the opposite - employees who are reported doing that are terminated. But they're also terminated for not hitting sales goals, so I can't really fault those employees for trying to save their jobs.

BBB doesn't do anything. It's like Yelp for old people. Only businesses that care about their public reputation respond and remedy complaints.

My response: Can you please remove the warranty charge of 1.99

Employee: I have no idea why it's automatically adding it.

I miss the summer of 2016 or was it 2017? Where Pikmin 3 was the winner of the summer. I’ve kept all my receipts w GS just in case I ever somehow get audited for some reason and I love seeing the types of values we used to get for games and what games were flippable. Now I’ve translated all that flipping into stocks and idk I’m just reminiscing about how fun it used to be getting free games and Xbox/psn credit back then

One of the employees actually explained to me that they're adding it on, doing the sales pitch on the GPG, then removing it when the customer declines. They add it as proof they brought it up with the customer. If someone is actually watching the employee screens, that's hilarious

That’s pretty damn good to be able to spot that from my pic!
Edit: I went back to look at my pic. So generic. How did you figure out it’s hillsdale?

I totally understood they got fucked and only one person was on duty. But a “be back at x” is much better than “in an hour”... unless you’re like “fuck this I’m going to the movies”
I saw the funko pops and missing ceiling, and the icing on the cake was the black and white checkered floor with the gold railing from the reflection.

Yeah the other worker left early due to feeling ill, and since nobody else could come in, he had to work solo the rest of the day. That location only has 5 employees, soon to be 4 since the guy working there that day by himself will be leaving after tomorrow.

I'm amazed this is even a conversation. You trade whores haven't gotten trade banned on enough accounts yet? Or is this justification a way to facilitate getting even more accounts, since you could use your grandma's address and PO boxes to procure more credits on even more accounts? No more disguises in pithy attempts to fool the teenage GS cashier who banned you for trading in everything you bought after wiping out the clearance sections of 3 Walmarts?

Figured the GME events of the past few months would've dropped some sacks around here. Gotta graduate into investing in things more profitable than games, boys. While you hit up those Walmarts for games to flip for $200 in credit, some twenty-something named Kyle was probably closing $10k ahead for the week.
Yes, because it's totally normal and easy to close 10k in a week. Lol

If we’re talking about people not working, I have a friend who is a hiring manager for a company and she constantly has people not showing up for interviews for a production management job that starts at $90k a year. So I believe it when I hear people aren’t taking jobs
Bro what company is that? I'd definitely show up to that interview lol 😂 That's way higher pay than anything around here. That's nuts.

Went to use my monthly $5 certificate today, and my local store and it looked pretty bare inside. I'm guessing GS just isn't getting all that many trade ins? I would assume that's the case, as the PS4 pre-owned section had maybe 40 games, the Xbox One pre-owned section had maybe half that, and I also got a little post-it size note thrown in my bag that mentioned trading in items for cash or credit.

Bro what company is that? I'd definitely show up to that interview lol 😂 That's way higher pay than anything around here. That's nuts.
Has hiring picked up, because I was under the impression it was still difficult to get a job due to covid. Since everybody had been laid off and was looking for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back