2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
But today is the 31st?
I've used my coupon on the last day (31st) both in-store and then online. My V2 coupon mechanics changed early 2021 and seems to require being used in-store prior to online (if you want to double-dip), as online redemption nukes the cert from active offers. :drool:

Not an edict from anyone, but they are pressured to do it.
I've only ever had new unfamiliar employees try the auto-add tactic on me. They didn't last long. :whistle2:#

Seeing a funky “trade up” banner on the website. Okay, just a selection of games with remasters and they show the puny trade credit you’d get for the old gen version.
That's to target the non-CAGs and makes total sense to me. Amazon has a "trade in and save" button right above the "Add to Cart" :shock:

I hardly ever order from GameStop because there site is so bad.  However I want to order aegis rim, wonderful 101 and doom 3 vr.  When I go to checkout it says 1 item cannot ship to my address. After removing everything one by one because it doesn’t say what item it is I found it’s doom. If I try to buy doom by itself it will let me with no problem. Does anyone know what is up with this? I have no GameStop by me and I obviously don’t want to pay the outrageous shipping by ordering it separately. I’m guessing it’s because the game just came out and the system hasn’t updated correctly.  I know you can’t combine pre orders and in stock items for free shipping. 

edit: I just ended up ordering aegis and wonderful 101. I was afraid by the time the site was working aegis would be out of stock. 

Anyone have any idea how long an online order will sit in "Awaiting product availability" before they just cancel?
There is no set period. Some of them eventually get reviewed and cancelled, others will randomly be fulfilled months later, some will stay that way indefinitely.

Anyone have any idea how long an online order will sit in "Awaiting product availability" before they just cancel?
Yes my Monster hunter switch console and controller. I just cancelled it and got it from nintendo.com... They were putting it as in stock but fail to ship my preorder from day 1 with same day delivery smh.

Usually most are fufiled within a week or two including a recent order of mine. On the other hand a few weeks ago I had a game ship that I ordered last October. If you really want the game, just leave the order open and see what happens. Otherwise you'll probably have to contact customer service to cancel it.

Gamestop is just so inconsistent with their service and products.  I took advantage of some of the pre-owned deals and the quality of items varied greatly.  I received a few "used" games that were still factory sealed.  On the other hand I also received some games that came with no case at all (just a sleeve).  Some discs were mint while others were cracked and looked like someone sanded them.  Several of the cases I received looked like a car had run over them.  I received some orders within a few days while a few items never shipped at all (they provided tracking but never got picked up, even after 2 months).  I learned that it's completely pointless to email them too.  They absolutely will not reply.  After I had a package sit for 2 months I sent multiple emails and never got a reply.  I finally was able to get a resolution after calling and waiting on hold.

Shopping at Gamestop is like playing the lottery.  It's unfortunate because they do have some good deals but you just never know what you'll get.  For a while I wasn't able to order at all.  I would always get weird errors at checkout but that cleared up eventually.  I think they got some new leadership so hopefully they can do some standardization for the better.

Dammit, a game I want just popped back in stock. Now, do I play gamestop chicken and see if it stays in stock until tomorrow so that I can use my new monthly $5 cert, or eschew the cheapass in me and just grab it?

Went to use my monthly $5 certificate today, and my local store and it looked pretty bare inside. I'm guessing GS just isn't getting all that many trade ins? I would assume that's the case, as the PS4 pre-owned section had maybe 40 games, the Xbox One pre-owned section had maybe half that, and I also got a little post-it size note thrown in my bag that mentioned trading in items for cash or credit.

Has hiring picked up, because I was under the impression it was still difficult to get a job due to covid. Since everybody had been laid off and was looking for a job.
Trade in wise probably because they nuked a number of trade in values and most of the games aren't worth trading in except during one of the promos for preording and such.

as for the job front depends on the field. Grocery store and medical they can't hire enough people right now since both are slammed on top of people getting covid so they are out sick and many just quit due to the covid situation.

There is no set period. Some of them eventually get reviewed and cancelled, others will randomly be fulfilled months later, some will stay that way indefinitely.
I can confirm this. I had an order that was over 2 months old and had to call to get it partially fulfilled with the other games being cancelled due to magically being out of stock even though I can order them on the website. Typically though an awaiting will not get fulfilled eventually in my experience. You either get it shipped a few weeks to a month later or not at all.

Dammit, a game I want just popped back in stock. Now, do I play gamestop chicken and see if it stays in stock until tomorrow so that I can use my new monthly $5 cert, or eschew the cheapass in me and just grab it?
Depending on the game I would say to buy it if it wont come back in stock easily. Maybe do an instore return and rebuy with the cert if that is possible.

I saw the funko pops and missing ceiling, and the icing on the cake was the black and white checkered floor with the gold railing from the reflection.

Yeah the other worker left early due to feeling ill, and since nobody else could come in, he had to work solo the rest of the day. That location only has 5 employees, soon to be 4 since the guy working there that day by himself will be leaving after tomorrow.
good to see other cags in the area. I will call ahead next time.

Usually most are fufiled within a week or two including a recent order of mine. On the other hand a few weeks ago I had a game ship that I ordered last October. If you really want the game, just leave the order open and see what happens. Otherwise you'll probably have to contact customer service to cancel it.
Mine has only been 3 weeks. It was my 4th game in the 4 for $20, so it's worth waiting. Thanks

Always get it ASAP and don't bother with $5 coupon. Use that on XBL or PSN.

If the game you wanted was Torna or Pokemon Black Ver. 2, sorry bro, you're too late.

Ended up using my monthly cert on an actual new copy of PGA Tour 21 for Xbox One. I haven't played a golf game in a while and figured if I don't like it I can trade it.

Speaking of which... Has anyone here done trades with the lower values and $5 bump or are you holding out until the Spring Sale is over?

Ended up using my monthly cert on an actual new copy of PGA Tour 21 for Xbox One. I haven't played a golf game in a while and figured if I don't like it I can trade it.

Speaking of which... Has anyone here done trades with the lower values and $5 bump or are you holding out until the Spring Sale is over?
I dumped all my $5-$10 games for the extra $5 bonus. Held on to the first party switch games though, gonna hold out for $30 + 30% or decent bump.

Was in store for the 5 for $50 promo, one game included it's Steelbook case. Employee swapped it out for a standard case of the game from the drawer. I asked if I could have the Steelbook copy, but they refused; kept saying it's a "store display case" and can't sell that one. I pressed them on it again and they still refused. Ridiculous. I'm tempted to burn them on a survey.

Was in store for the 5 for $50 promo, one game included it's Steelbook case. Employee swapped it out for a standard case of the game from the drawer. I asked if I could have the Steelbook copy, but they refused; kept saying it's a "store display case" and can't sell that one. I pressed them on it again and they still refused. Ridiculous. I'm tempted to burn them on a survey.
For sure burn them on a survey, as a steelbook collector that really grinds my gears

Could have tried the "I'll get GPG on all 5 games if you can help a collector out" tactic. I've never had to do it as blatantly as that, but usually try and build a friendly relationship with (most) stores over time so I can ask for favors like this. (swapping out cover art to not-greatest-hits or special edition docks for my plain dock, etc) O:)

holy cow just noticed this - when did torna get so expensive??
Yea, regretting flipping all the cheap Torna copies I got from GS trying to fish for XC2 to GS/Amazon/etc now that the value has shot up so much. Base XC2 is pretty crazy too! :bomb: Definitive... not so much.... yet?

Is the 5 for $50 actually active? Is it just instore or online? Thx!

FYI, yugioh-legacy of the duelist-link evolution is 19 bucks on sale at gamestop right now.

thats about as cheap as i ever see it, and if youre extremely lucky itll be near you so you can use that 5 for 50 deal on it.

It shouldn’t be like that. Whether it’s new or preowned u should be able to purchase it. They can always make those generic cases for display. Employee probably wanted it for himself who knows

So my MH Rise Switch never arrived or was stolen from my porch despite fedex trackin that states it was delivered yesterday am. I filed a claim with GameStop. So now FedEx has to do an investigation before I get a refund, which could take up to 7 days. This happen to anyone else? Any advice?

So my MH Rise Switch never arrived or was stolen from my porch despite fedex trackin that states it was delivered yesterday am. I filed a claim with GameStop. So now FedEx has to do an investigation before I get a refund, which could take up to 7 days. This happen to anyone else? Any advice?
It happened to me and it almost took a month for fedex to complete the investigation. My bank refunded me right right away when I complaint to them about it.

I've got like $30 in reward certificates. Does anyone know if I can use that on a preorder ? Planning on getting Nier this month, or do I have to put $5 down in store first, then use the rewards on pickup?

2 of my 3 orders for the 50% off pre-owned with new game purchase came. My hero one's justice 1 came GameStop new \=. Minecraft, spongebob, resident evil and fenyx rising all came sealed at least. Both copies of fairy tail however came cart only in generic case. So that was a bit of a bummer. Here's hoping that order 3 comes complete but I won't hold my breath.

I dumped all my $5-$10 games for the extra $5 bonus. Held on to the first party switch games though, gonna hold out for $30 + 30% or decent bump.
That's a good way to go. I guess I'm hesitating because a lot of the games I have to trade got nuked once the sale started. Some games that were $10 dropped to $5, some from $15 down to $7 or $8, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back