2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had ordered two copies of Disaster Report 4 from this restock. I opened up the package to find a beat up empty Switch case with no artwork. It only had a pre-owned sticker for the game. The 2nd copy was completely missing. No packing slip either. Customer service refused to refund me (I called 3 times actually) and told me I had to mail back the product. So I sent them back the empty case with a note explaining this is what customer service told me to do. Hopefully I actually get my money back.

They also mailed me a working Persona Q cartridge in a separate package. That was nice of them.
You won't know for sure if its a working copy unless you test it thoroughly from what I hear. As even if it loads and lets you get to the start screen it can still become unplayable later if its from the first batch.

Jesus Christ I hope GameStop raises some cash soon so they can hire some competent software engineers.

I signed up in Jan and thought “fine I’ll pay $5 for something to read on the can” — still haven’t received an issue yet.

has anyone gotten the buy one new, get 30% off thing to work this week? i've tried with full price AND discounted new games and no such luck.

and does anyone know if they're still doing the buy $x, get a gift card?

has anyone gotten the buy one new, get 30% off thing to work this week? i've tried with full price AND discounted new games and no such luck.

and does anyone know if they're still doing the buy $x, get a gift card?
I was able to get it to work with a sub-$20 preowned game. Anything above that didn’t work for me. The gift card promo showed earlier this week for me, but it wasn’t working yesterday. This week has been a mess with their promos.

I was able to get it to work with a sub-$20 preowned game. Anything above that didn’t work for me. The gift card promo showed earlier this week for me, but it wasn’t working yesterday. This week has been a mess with their promos.
Yep can also confirm that it works on yugioh legacy of the duelist link evolution which is sub 20. Agreed that they've been a mess lately regarding their promos.

So I traded in a handful of lower-end titles for the $5 bonus on each - no issues.

Also, was able to use the $5 monthly coupon towards PSN credit - no issues.

Finally, even though it was no longer listed as available in my offers, I used a screenshot to manually input the monthly code towards an in-store pickup (paid for with credit) - no issues, and honestly surprised.

GS luck only runs so far, so my next experiences are bound to be awful and full of regret. But for now, I'm riding the wave of positivity while it lasts!

So I traded in a handful of lower-end titles for the $5 bonus on each - no issues.
Also, was able to use the $5 monthly coupon towards PSN credit - no issues.
Finally, even though it was no longer listed as available in my offers, I used a screenshot to manually input the monthly code towards an in-store pickup (paid for with credit) - no issues, and honestly surprised.

GS luck only runs so far, so my next experiences are bound to be awful and full of regret. But for now, I'm riding the wave of positivity while it lasts!
Hopefully the +5 runs for a few weeks. Last time it ran from 12/27-1/17.

Funny thing: I used my $5 monthly last night online and was able to use it again today in store too...kooky.

Persona 5 did not get the $5 bump tho, and no one could figure out why.

So my local Gamestop seems to have remodeled since the last time I was in store a month or two ago.  Only games being sold now are XBox One/X, PS4, PS5, and Switch.  No more DS, 3DS, Vita, 360, or PS3.  Guess they sent them all back to Grapevine?  Many of the collectable junk was also gone, with about 20% of what they used to have.  The store was actually much more streamlined and cleaner.  It also doesn't smell like piss anymore.  Way to go, Gamestop, now just expand back to classic games in store and I will frequent it more often.

I think I’ll take my chances waiting for ass creed to go even lower before using my $5 cert on it this week. Also tempted to get hot pursuit but I’ll wait

Funny thing: I used my $5 monthly last night online and was able to use it again today in store too...kooky.

Persona 5 did not get the $5 bump tho, and no one could figure out why.
The reason why is that it was $4 when they programmed the bonus. Unless you know which games were increased to 5, it’s hard to avoid.

Does anyone know if the trade value for Lego City Undercover Switch was adjusted this week for the spring sale/+5 bonus?

It may be too late anyway, but like jooksingjie said, hopefully the +5 continues past today - it's currently $6 on the eShop and has a base TIV of $13.

Also, does anyone know if saved data is shared between digital and physical versions?

Either my local GameStop has absolutely no stock, or the website stock tracker is incredibly in accurate. Almost everything shows unavailable for in-store pickup. lol

Does anyone know if the trade value for Lego City Undercover Switch was adjusted this week for the spring sale/+5 bonus?

It may be too late anyway, but like jooksingjie said, hopefully the +5 continues past today - it's currently $6 on the eShop and has a base TIV of $13.

Also, does anyone know if saved data is shared between digital and physical versions?
It hasn't been adjusted, but if you are willing to wait for a stealth bump (my best guess is 4/30) it has been 20,17, and 20 base for the last 3 stealth bump weekends.

Saved data has worked for games that I've purchased digital after starting on physical.

Well my other copy of "Pokemon Explorers of Sky" showed up this morning and it was "Explorers of Time" in a plastic clamshell that had an Explorers of Sky label 🙃

Is it just the website that didn't have that working? That "Buy a new game over $30, get 30% off a used game" deal has been going on at the B&M stores since at least August 2020.
Yeah, it was just not working online the past week since another promo was overriding it, which was also not working.

Be careful with estar also, anything that has been recently on sale or drastically reduced... they may either send it back or offer a reduced price for the item.

Be careful with estar also, anything that has been recently on sale or drastically reduced... they may either send it back or offer a reduced price for the item.
True. I'm lucky enough where I can drive there within a hour. They tried to hit me with that with two games yesterday, so I just took those two back, sent in the rest. If you have GS credit, they have some nice flip opportunities. Especially since Amazon is basically done with.

Cleared out my remaining $10 Clearance copies of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive and Octopath Travelers for $27 a pop yesterday, and tripled the remaining $5 Clearance PS4 and XB1 games I had left.  It occurred to me that if Walmart is truly changing their policy on Clearancing games, I'm not sure there are many good flipping opportunities left - no more Family Videos to buy used from, and the days of finding $5 last gen games at local pawn shops that would flip for $15+ ended a couple of years ago (though I suppose they could return once the PS4/XB1 gen has another year two behind it).  As someone who isn't big on boomeranging, my glory days may be over.

Cleared out my remaining $10 Clearance copies of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive and Octopath Travelers for $27 a pop yesterday, and tripled the remaining $5 Clearance PS4 and XB1 games I had left. It occurred to me that if Walmart is truly changing their policy on Clearancing games, I'm not sure there are many good flipping opportunities left - no more Family Videos to buy used from, and the days of finding $5 last gen games at local pawn shops that would flip for $15+ ended a couple of years ago (though I suppose they could return once the PS4/XB1 gen has another year two behind it). As someone who isn't big on boomeranging, my glory days may be over.
Why not just wait for a bump, and trade then? $27 seems low for those two games.

Boring week in terms of sales to me. Wonder when the PC ad will ever amount to anything pc games are interested in...

You've sent in a package with an order at a specific value and had them change the trade in value after appraisal? That seems a bit shady, especially if that bumps you out of free shipping.... I've only had deductions for scratches and damaged cover art that I really couldn't argue with. I've learned to avoid trading anything more than a hairline scratch in since they seem to actually properly test stuff they take in.

Their stock kinda sucks though... think they put most of their good items on their amazon or ebay avenues :bomb:

Boring week in terms of sales to me. Wonder when the PC ad will ever amount to anything pc games are interested in...

You've sent in a package with an order at a specific value and had them change the trade in value after appraisal? That seems a bit shady, especially if that bumps you out of free shipping.... I've only had deductions for scratches and damaged cover art that I really couldn't argue with. I've learned to avoid trading anything more than a hairline scratch in since they seem to actually properly test stuff they take in.

Their stock kinda sucks though... think they put most of their good items on their amazon or ebay avenues :bomb:
Anything that PC gamers want would be high demand, low stock items, i.e. graphics cards. I can't tell if there's a demand for full-priced hardware and peripherals that isn't already being met by amazon and the like. Competition is always a good thing I suppose.

Sorry to be that guy in the GameStop thread asking questions about Wally World, but could anyone brief me on this?
Games have been going from full/semi full price to 3 cents and once they hit 3 cents they are automatically unable to be sold as the system blocks it in the majority of cases and then they are taken off shelves and sent back. Kinda like when an item is recalled they set it up so that you can't buy these. It happened to a lot of titles recently almost all switch games. Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Lady Layton among others.

Games have been going from full/semi full price to 3 cents and once they hit 3 cents they are automatically unable to be sold as the system blocks it in the majority of cases and then they are taken off shelves and sent back. Kinda like when an item is recalled they set it up so that you can't buy these. It happened to a lot of titles recently almost all switch games. Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Lady Layton among others.
There was a rumor Astral Chain was part of it, but it's still for sale at $49.99 at all of the Walmarts within 100 miles of here, so I think that was either hearsay, or way more geographically limited than the other 3 cent markdowns.

I would guess that they were having problems fulfilling orders during the holiday season when a customer purchased the last copy before it could be packed for the online orders
It has occurred on/off for several years, with this being the longest off stretch. It is definitely intentional; motivation is any one's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back