2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know when doing a return to GameStop where you used the $5 monthly on that purchase if you get that coupon back or how to go about it?

I guess if this *is* legit, it truly doesn't start until tomorrow. Has there ever been a stealth bump that didn't start on a Friday?
A Most-Wanted Trade Email just arrived. Values aren't yet updated on the app or website and don't match with the values in the email. It could be updated in-store (like the nukes two Sundays ago).

A Most-Wanted Trade Email just arrived. Values aren't yet updated on the app or website and don't match with the values in the email. It could be updated in-store (like the nukes two Sundays ago).
Not seeing trade value changes yet either. Strangely, it shows PS4 Pro value at 247.50 in my email, which I think should be 225 in reality unless they started giving 10% trade pro boost on hardware.

just wondering but can gamestop stores ship to other gamestop stores?
If the employees at both stores were cool, they used to be able to do it. I live in the Philly area and they called a store in Brooklyn to ship to my store. The managers knew each other from the annual manager conference they used to go to.

Not seeing trade value changes yet either. Strangely, it shows PS4 Pro value at 247.50 in my email, which I think should be 225 in reality unless they started giving 10% trade pro boost on hardware.
Yeah, the two games and value it lists on my Most Wanted Trade e-mail are the exact same value they've been for a few weeks, and it also links me to the "mwt41121" string. Maybe bumps start on Sundays now to correspond with weekly ads.

Yeah, the two games and value it lists on my Most Wanted Trade e-mail are the exact same value they've been for a few weeks, and it also links me to the "mwt41121" string. Maybe bumps start on Sundays now to correspond with weekly ads.
The emails shows "Here are your top 12 trade values guaranteed through 4/11/2021*", so the string might be indicative of the end date instead. So far no updates for trade values on the site, so not sure what's up. Would be a pain if you can only get them at the store. I'm guessing it's probably just delayed updating again.

Called a store to confirm ( single store, single game FIFA 21 PS4 12 base, yes it’s on the list). In February I found the string mwt21421 but the bump didn’t happen until the 19th. Who knows...

So my MH Rise Switch never arrived or was stolen from my porch despite fedex trackin that states it was delivered yesterday am. I filed a claim with GameStop.
Update: I got it! A total stranger dropped the original package at my doorstep this afternoon! She said it was at the local dunkin donuts about 2 blocks away and the workers were about to throw it in the dumpster. Huza, what a festivous miracle! No need for a refund or replacement 🙏🏽 Good people still exist!

Update: I got it! A total stranger dropped the original package at my doorstep this afternoon! She said it was at the local dunkin donuts about 2 blocks away and the workers were about to throw it in the dumpster. Huza, what a festivous miracle! No need for a refund or replacement 🙏🏽 Good people still exist!
Amazing, that's a good person right there.

No need for a refund or replacement Good people still exist!
The cheapass bad person in me would have already had a replacement in transit or refund pending O:)

Knowing Gamestop, you'll get an blank email 7 weeks from now saying your shipment is on the way, and a surprise console/giftcard. :dunce:

The cheapass bad person in me would have already had a replacement in transit or refund pending O:)

Knowing Gamestop, you'll get an blank email 7 weeks from now saying your shipment is on the way, and a surprise console/giftcard. :dunce:
Yup, I called GS and told them to cancel the replacement. Got to keep this good karma rollin’!

Ih0U9tF.jpg

Does anyone know what this is? The code doesn't seem to work on anything I try it on.

I’m just here to say I’m confused about yesterday’s most wanted trades email. The values still haven’t been updated on the site or app to reflect the bump. Guess I’ll call a store once they’re open and ask about a game or two.

I just called a store and asked about a couple games on my most wanted list and they are NOT updated in store either according to the employee. YMMV on getting them to honor the price at the register but it looks like it's a no go for now.

I just called a store and asked about a couple games on my most wanted list and they are NOT updated in store either according to the employee. YMMV on getting them to honor the price at the register but it looks like it's a no go for now.
Thanks for the update. I was going to call the store in the mall since they open an hour earlier than other stores. Another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

The fact that the email links to MWT41121 leads me to believe it starts tomorrow. Just another gamestop error to send the emails early, but we'll see.
m
Yeah I’d save the anger and outrage/calling in for tomorrow, since that’s the date in the search string . Hopefully we know by tomorrow afternoon

The fact that the email links to MWT41121 leads me to believe it starts tomorrow. Just another gamestop error to send the emails early, but we'll see.

m
Yeah I’d save the anger and outrage/calling in for tomorrow, since that’s the date in the search string . Hopefully we know by tomorrow afternoon
No anger or outrage from me regardless of what happens. I'm letting my confusion do the talking. It's just weird that the bump may potentially start tomorrow. Nothing but cool beans. :cool:

It does seem pretty atypical, but given how busted some of the promos have been recently I'm not surprised. Hopefully it'll start tomorrow.

My guess is that the SB will take effect on Friday (16th), but that the email indicates that it happens "within" the week of the 11th, not starting on the 11th. 

Is there anyway to sign up for these MWT emails anymore? Clearly before my time and I can't seem to find anything useful on their site as usual.  :robot:

Is there anyway to sign up for these MWT emails anymore? Clearly before my time and I can't seem to find anything useful on their site as usual. :robot:
I think it's based on games that you buy in the store or online as it shows a TIV for Link's Awakening 6 times because I placed a ton of orders during the B1G1 a while ago

I think it's based on games that you buy in the store or online as it shows a TIV for Link's Awakening 6 times because I placed a ton of orders during the B1G1 a while ago
It definitely seems to be based on purchases. Their trade values without a promo are pretty bad though typically.

Yeah, the email is odd since it says the bumped values are through tomorrow, but usually they last through Monday. Guessing they just messed up and sent the email too early or they are changing their patterns.

Some or all of the tradein values have been updated now to reflect MWT. Furthermore, that email showed +10% for Pros on consoles, but that isn't the case. So something that said $192.50 in the email for consoles, is actually $175.

This is the bump I've been waiting for. Only bad thing is, major Switch titles are only getting $27.

Are Pokemon Snap and MLB both G2L?
Going from memory from my visit to a store yesterday, I believe they both are as well as Returnal (with $10 Game Coin) and RE8/Village because I was thinking of preordering all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back