2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Access Denied. you dont have permission to access gamestop.com/search on this server

Anyone know why I would get this message? Or how I can go about getting back on gamestops website?
Yeah I actually get that semi frequently, clear your cookies. If you're using Chrome is gonna be under History, Clear Browsing Data and make sure that Cookids and Site Data is checked.

Interesting to run the 50% and +5 at the same time. I doubt they stack though.
They won't stack, and you'll have to be careful. Last time they did two of these at the same time, you could only get one of them per transaction and it would do whichever gave you the highest total. For example, if you were trading in a $5 base game and a $20 base game, it would give you $7.50 and $30. If you had traded in the $5 game in a separate transaction, you would have received $10.

If you still have elite pro like me, you're unable to renew it until elite expires. I get no benefits from being elite and I can't even make use of the promo.

Does anyone know if GS will update stock for store pickup for a game on release day? Want to grab Nier Replicant from GS with store pickup for after work because it would save me a 40 minute drive to best buy but I didn't preorder because my Amazon preorder ended up being oos so I canceled it.

Thanks

It won’t stack unless the computer glitches and does it by error, but both deals already have the fine print saying “ Cannot be combined with any other offer.”
Either way, if the “any” games turns out correct, it will still be great to unload all those games that don’t benefit well with the % trades.

Make sure not to combine games over 10 base value if you want to maximize your trade value. The promos don’t mix at the register and you’ll lose out on anything that would get a better value with 50%

Yeah. I've got some extra copies of Fallout 76 to get rid of.
Surprised by the $3 tiv. I thought they 0.01 that. Wasn’t it a dotd at $1 before?

Does anyone know if GS will update stock for store pickup for a game on release day? Want to grab Nier Replicant from GS with store pickup for after work because it would save me a 40 minute drive to best buy but I didn't preorder because my Amazon preorder ended up being oos so I canceled it.

Thanks
When I was looking at MLB The Show 21, on release day... the website showed 1 available to buy for store pickup. So I guess it can, but only if they have extra stock (like they ordered extra copies).

Is there an updated list of guaranteed to love it qualifying titles? I tried browsing their website, but can't seem to find any details on it and a google search only pulls titles from 2020...Did they cancel this promotion? Thanks!

Is there an updated list of guaranteed to love it qualifying titles? I tried browsing their website, but can't seem to find any details on it and a google search only pulls titles from 2020...Did they cancel this promotion? Thanks!
Off the top of my head the last time I was in, a print out taped to the checkout counter showed Pokemon Snap, Returnal, Resident Evil Village, and Mass Effect Legendary Edition as being G2L.

A member posted that pokemon snap, re village, mass effect are G2L. Not sure about nier

Only game deal that jumps out is Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 at $20, but I already have the original. Maybe I’ll renew my Pro membership.

Tempted to unload my plain One X if I can get $250 for it. Seems going price on eBay is about $300 but at least 10% less after fees and all. Then again, nah!

So, I have a third game now, out of my six most recent that is either missing or completely wrong.  Absolutely ridiculous, how can they claim to be functioning business at that rate?  Something is going on these last few weeks, can’t just be me right?  Getting wrong game or empty case has never been an issue for me prior.  This time I ordered a new ps4 game and got a loose vita cart...I’ve never bought a vita game physically in my life.

Only game deal that jumps out is Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 at $20, but I already have the original. Maybe I’ll renew my Pro membership.

Tempted to unload my plain One X if I can get $250 for it. Seems going price on eBay is about $300 but at least 10% less after fees and all. Then again, nah!
If you renew during pro day, you’ll get 10,000 bonus points and a bonus welcome $5 coupon. Essentially a free renewal refunded in certificates.

So, I have a third game now, out of my six most recent that is either missing or completely wrong. Absolutely ridiculous, how can they claim to be functioning business at that rate? Something is going on these last few weeks, can’t just be me right? Getting wrong game or empty case has never been an issue for me prior. This time I ordered a new ps4 game and got a loose vita cart...I’ve never bought a vita game physically in my life.
Let us know how it goes with GS customer service. I've been having this problem and I'm convinced they think I'm trying to scam them at this point.

Did anyone pick up Nier Replicants today? Was there a G2L code on the receipt? If you pre-ordered it, did you get a code for the pre-order bonus?

Let us know how it goes with GS customer service. I've been having this problem and I'm convinced they think I'm trying to scam them at this point.
The first two went fine with customer service. That actually seems improved, picked up immediately and sent a replacement fast. Easier than getting a few bucks worth of missing game coin, only thing I’ve had to call about before. Haven’t contacted about the third yet. They have a huge problem with their inventory checkers and fulfillment right now though. They on revolt and trying to tank the company or something? Or just my account? If GameStop was tired of all my preowned returns while trying to get complete copies, but that’s not enough for a ban, a bunch of missing game claims in a row could do it.

It can’t just be me. If all of a sudden half my orders are coming completely messed up, and you are experiencing similar. I’m not too worried, they will be banning half their customers if my ratio holds for other’s. There has to be something going on, 3 within a few weeks is absurd.

The first two went fine with customer service. That actually seems improved, picked up immediately and sent a replacement fast. Easier than getting a few bucks worth of missing game coin, only thing I’ve had to call about before. Haven’t contacted about the third yet. They have a huge problem with their inventory checkers and fulfillment right now though. They on revolt and trying to tank the company or something? Or just my account? If GameStop was tired of all my preowned returns while trying to get complete copies, but that’s not enough for a ban, a bunch of missing game claims in a row could do it.

It can’t just be me. If all of a sudden half my orders are coming completely messed up, and you are experiencing similar. I’m not too worried, they will be banning half their customers if my ratio holds for other’s. There has to be something going on, 3 within a few weeks is absurd.
If they all came from the same location it could be tied to employee theft. Other possibility is someone stealing them in the mail since I have heard about shady postal workers and such doing so. I haven't had that problem knock on wood besides a porch pirate stealing my vita trigger covers. Which is just lol on them since what good is that gonna do you.

Did anyone pick up Nier Replicants today? Was there a G2L code on the receipt? If you pre-ordered it, did you get a code for the pre-order bonus?
No G2L code and no preorder code. I don’t believe GameStop had a preorder bonus for it. It may have been just a Square Enix store thing.

So, I have a third game now, out of my six most recent that is either missing or completely wrong. Absolutely ridiculous, how can they claim to be functioning business at that rate? Something is going on these last few weeks, can’t just be me right? Getting wrong game or empty case has never been an issue for me prior. This time I ordered a new ps4 game and got a loose vita cart...I’ve never bought a vita game physically in my life.
If I had to make a guess, you probably had a online order that was fulfilled by a store. If those 6 games were all made in one order it may have been from that same location.

That store that fulfilled your order either have employees who don’t know how to do their job because of lack or training or just incompetence. It could also be they’re re so stressed out from corporate breathing down their necks that they’re making mistakes.

I received Monkey King instead of Final Fantasy VII Remake. It was in the Final Fantasy case. No doubt in my mind it was done on purpose. I went to the closest store and told them the situation. They gave me a copy of FFVII no issue.

It's not just you, this has been a problem since Febuary (at least). I've been ordering from gamestop.com for almost 20 years and this has never been a problem until now.

GS is large enough that they probably deal with all sorts of weirdos. Weirdos that buy thousands of dollars of games during a sale to flip onto Amazon/Ebay. Weirdos that trade in freshly simmed phones for cash only. Weirdos that buy games on sale specifically to trade back in at a higher value. Each weirdo has a different value to generate specific metrics they like tracking for their shareholders.
Well, who told them to sell games for less than half of their market value? Of course people are going to buy out hundreds of games if they do that. Even without any sale, they are selling pokemon games for like a third of the going rate. There's some guy on youtube Phoenixresale that probably buys 20-30k worth of games during every gamestonk sale and I'm sure others do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back