2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been out of the loop for a while so forgive me if this is dumb.

There is a 50% trade boost going on, and now a $5 bonus for Pro Day today.  These don't stack, right?  Does the system choose whichever gives you more value?

$5 for destiny 1 would be nice

Wish NFS hot pursuit would drop back to $20 already. Gotta use that $5 monthly coupon as the month about to end

Looks like Cyberpunk was supposed to be $40, not $25, which would be yet another ad fuckup. If the +5 is all games, or if it even registers in the system at all, I'll be shocked. Not sure why they've been fucking up so hard in the ads lately. Pretty easy to fix it as well.
Cyberpunk is showing $22.99 preowned in cart. So that works at least. I still can't bring myself to buy it.

It looks like the wording is actually any game on the eligible systems gets the $5 bonus. The wording from the site terms: "$5 EXTRA CREDIT ON ANY SWITCH, PS5, XBOX SERIES X|S, PS4 OR XBOX ONE GAMES TRADED. Valid Apr 24 to Apr 24 2021"

Edit: Associated question: Will they take games not listed on the trade in website?

It looks like the wording is actually any game on the eligible systems gets the $5 bonus. The wording from the site terms: "$5 EXTRA CREDIT ON ANY SWITCH, PS5, XBOX SERIES X|S, PS4 OR XBOX ONE GAMES TRADED. Valid Apr 24 to Apr 24 2021"

Edit: Associated question: Will they take games not listed on the trade in website?
I can't imagine they would take any game, especially those with TIV of $0.01. I suspect it is just an oversight they forgot the MIN $5 TIV on the ad. Of course if there are any CAGs on the East Coast with a Mall GS opening at 10am ... lettuce know! :cold:

I have a Xbox One X that I have been using in my basement on a older TCL 4K TV I would love to upgrade that to a Series S since I only really play Destiny 2 down there to take advantage of the better frame rate and load times. Getting $250 for it would be great but trying to wait out GS getting non bundled Series S consoles to sale might be to long to wait to go without it.

I can't imagine they would take any game, especially those with TIV of $0.01. I suspect it is just an oversight they forgot the MIN $5 TIV on the ad. Of course if there are any CAGs on the East Coast with a Mall GS opening at 10am ... lettuce know! :cold:
i too would greatly appreciate if someone would let us know if there is a minimum. not planning a trip to gamestop, but would try to squeeze it in this evening to unload old ps4 games. thanks!

Confirmed it's not all games get the $5 boost via phone, so $0.01 games don't count. Also my store is claiming the trade in value for an Xbox s is $100 with the pro day bonus. I thought it should be $150. Might still make the trip because I thought it should be $150. We'll see.

Tried a $5, $2, and a $.01 (which of course means they don’t accept it) and didn’t get a $5 boost for any of them.

So a Switch should get $225 right? I’ve got a V1 that I replaced with the Animal Crossing V2 I need to get rid of.

EDIT: What would I need to take? The tablet, joy cons, and charger? Or do the require the dock and accessories as well?

So a Switch should get $225 right? I’ve got a V1 that I replaced with the Animal Crossing V2 I need to get rid of.

EDIT: What would I need to take? The tablet, joy cons, and charger? Or do the require the dock and accessories as well?
Wow looks like same value for v1 vs v2. You need the dock, hdmi cable, grip as well.

For those that have already checked about the $5, do you have GS with normal business hours? All the ones around here still don't open till noon. Also, did they just see if the POS triggered it? I thought on PRO days past they'd have to scan a barcode at the register to trigger the bonus.

If it has a hackable serial # sell the tablet alone on eBay.

For those that have already checked about the $5, do you have GS with normal business hours? All the ones around here still don't open till noon. Also, did they just see if the POS triggered it? I thought on PRO days past they'd have to scan a barcode at the register to trigger the bonus.
i went to the gs in a mall as i had to run to the lego store when they opened

I just sold a Switch with the standard setup for $240 super quickly, so unless if you're in a state that's giving CSaC, I'd just sell it on Offer Up. People are still buying Switch systems.

My store told me fallout 76 doesn't apply. Didn't ask about anything else.
How about... Fallout... 4??? :shock:

Confirmed it's not all games get the $5 boost via phone, so $0.01 games don't count. Also my store is claiming the trade in value for an Xbox s is $100 with the pro day bonus. I thought it should be $150. Might still make the trip because I thought it should be $150. We'll see.
Thanks for sharing!

Tried a $5, $2, and a $.01 (which of course means they don’t accept it) and didn’t get a $5 boost for any of them.
The +5 is pretty much only worth doing for the very narrow range of games between 2 and 10 so. Maybe a $8 game qualifies? :oldman:

Is there a way to remove a code from your Gamestop cart? I have the $5 monthly certificate code attached to my cart and it's messing up the prices for the Pro Day sales.
In your cart, hit the + then click the Remove

O7fXFwH.png

I finally got the damn remove button to show up on mobile after logging out and logging back in, but the Pro Day prices are still not showing up for me despite being logged in. :wall:

Was just in my store, there is a minimum value needed for the $5 bonus. A $5 game did not get it so it may need to be above $5. Also, scanning a preowned game along with a new copy of 13 Sentinels did not give the 30% off the preowned game.

Either they fucked up the ad or the website prices are messed up, because games like Cyberpunk and Immortals are higher than the advertised price.
Website is messed up, as it always is. I can confirm that a used Cyberpunk was still 32.99 in store when I got it as part of the B2G1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back