2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only traded in 5 games (base $3 to $5), but it took an extra 15 minutes for them to figure out how to manually get the total to refelct the equivalent of a $5 bonus for each game.  Wow, what a strange receipt I got...it's like they had to keep adding small increments of bonus cash for each game.  

Almost grabbed a couple of $19.99 games on the B2G1, but decided to wait until they run the "buy 5 or more get 50% off" for those. 

All the games I traded in today got the $5 bonus and I didn’t have to mention anything. It was about 12 games or so

Had a weird experience today. Went in just to browse and was immediately met at the door by someone talking to me about Pro Day. He handed me the ad and then showed me a list of games that if bought that day, I would get a "free" year of Pro. I said, "Wow, so do you get a free year of Pro, or are those just the games you're selling at at least $15 off so it's like the Pro is free?" He then became flabbergasted and stuttered "I'm not sure" a couple times as I walked away. That was a first.

Had a weird experience today. Went in just to browse and was immediately met at the door by someone talking to me about Pro Day. He handed me the ad and then showed me a list of games that if bought that day, I would get a "free" year of Pro. I said, "Wow, so do you get a free year of Pro, or are those just the games you're selling at at least $15 off so it's like the Pro is free?" He then became flabbergasted and stuttered "I'm not sure" a couple times as I walked away. That was a first.
:rofl:

Anyone have experience with ordering used Switch games from the website? I want to order DK Tropical Freeze and Yoshi's Crafted World since they're actually reasonably priced and I have extra credit, but I will be really unhappy if I get them without the original packaging.

I was able to get the manual override on a bunch of PS4 games today. I called before going there and they told me it was the extra $5 on games between $2-10, and extra 50% after $10. It did the 50% by default so they had to override it.

I have not traded in any games since prior to the pandemic, but I saw there is a +50% trade credit promotion going on thru 5/2. Does this mean Pro's get 60% or is 50% the highest (meaning it's really "up to" 50%? Also, since the app killed off support for easily looking up trade values (even if you stopped updating the app and had an old version like me), is there a method to finding values that doesn't require typing in 1 game at a time? And finally, have stealth bumps returned or did GS kill those too? Any info is appreciated. Feel free to DM if you don't want to publicly reply. Thanks for any info!

P.S. what's the best way to get your money back for pre-orders that you never picked up? Do stores keep record of that or is an original receipt necessary?

Good luck getting pre-orders back on stuff you never picked up. I have two games pre-ordered in 2019 I couldn't pickup because of covid and when I finally went to deal with them, the store is saying it's' not in their system, even though the pre-orders appear on the website. Long story short: Customer service is useless in this regard, just file a complaint with the BBB so a rep reaches out to you.

I have not traded in any games since prior to the pandemic, but I saw there is a +50% trade credit promotion going on thru 5/2. Does this mean Pro's get 60% or is 50% the highest (meaning it's really "up to" 50%? Also, since the app killed off support for easily looking up trade values (even if you stopped updating the app and had an old version like me), is there a method to finding values that doesn't require typing in 1 game at a time? And finally, have stealth bumps returned or did GS kill those too? Any info is appreciated. Feel free to DM if you don't want to publicly reply. Thanks for any info!

P.S. what's the best way to get your money back for pre-orders that you never picked up? Do stores keep record of that or is an original receipt necessary?
Pretty sure it's 60% for Pros. Also, they still have stealth bumps, but last I checked, we weren't currently in one for the games.

Anyone have experience with ordering used Switch games from the website? I want to order DK Tropical Freeze and Yoshi's Crafted World since they're actually reasonably priced and I have extra credit, but I will be really unhappy if I get them without the original packaging.
Most people in this thread will tell you, with Gamestop always prepare to be disappointed. I'd say I get more original cases with the Switch games I order than with most other systems, but not by much. Probably around half.

- 60% for Pro. The extra 10% for Pro combines with most any other trade-in bonus

- Trade values are in the newest app version. Click the 3 bars in the top left and then "Trade-Ins"
- I can't imagine what sort of process there could be to find the trade values for a random stack of games without plugging them in one by one. Maybe something that scanned the barcode with your phone camera? But that's dealing with a whole other bit of finicky technology... and if you don't have a case you're back to square one. Anyway, no, you still type in the names.

- Stealth bumps are still around... like twice a month usually. There's always lots of talk about them here.

Good luck getting pre-orders back on stuff you never picked up. I have two games pre-ordered in 2019 I couldn't pickup because of covid and when I finally went to deal with them, the store is saying it's' not in their system, even though the pre-orders appear on the website. Long story short: Customer service is useless in this regard, just file a complaint with the BBB so a rep reaches out to you.
I think you might have a bad store. I've never had a problem cancelling old orders. In fact, while I was doing a trade-in today a lady at the other register had come in to cancel two pre-pandemic pre-orders of Animal Crossing from a mall store that had closed down. They had to look up what store the deposit had been automatically transferred to, then call that store and have the credit transferred over to them. Took like 10~15 minutes but they got it done without hassle.

So if I’m going to trade in a system for cash ($200) is there anything different I need to do on my end? Should I wait till the end of the day when they might have more cash in the actual store or can I go at opening and do the transaction? I’ve never traded for cash at GS before so that’s why I’m asking.

Thanks

Were any of them less than $5? I had no problems in the $5-$10 range, but anything less than 5 didn't get the bonus. Of course I had another employee who was adamant they couldn't manually change it.
No I didn’t take anything under $5 and maybe that’s why it went so smooth? Even seen some saying they didn’t get the boost on items that were over $5. The lowest value game I took was Skate 3 for 360 and the only title that wasn’t a last Gen game. It’s not even in the system when you search values, just the PS3 version but even it got a $3 boost to $8.

So if I’m going to trade in a system for cash ($200) is there anything different I need to do on my end? Should I wait till the end of the day when they might have more cash in the actual store or can I go at opening and do the transaction? I’ve never traded for cash at GS before so that’s why I’m asking.

Thanks
I'd wait until at least the middle of the day as I've had problems with $200+ cash trades at opening. While they may have the money at the beginning of the day, they won't give it for the trade as they need change.

Also, I know of some stores that will let long time customers trade for credit without displaying their ID. Maybe they have it on file, I don't know. But for cash trades, you do need your ID, or they won't do it.

I'd wait until at least the middle of the day as I've had problems with $200+ cash trades at opening. While they may have the money at the beginning of the day, they won't give it for the trade as they need change.

Also, I know of some stores that will let long time customers trade for credit without displaying their ID. Maybe they have it on file, I don't know. But for cash trades, you do need your ID, or they won't do it.
Ok thanks for the info

Looking for some advice: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and SMBU Deluxe are holding steady at $22 and $20 base currently. Would folks hold onto them for Friday in case of a stealth bump or is this as good as you think it will get with the 50% bonus.

Looking for some advice: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and SMBU Deluxe are holding steady at $22 and $20 base currently. Would folks hold onto them for Friday in case of a stealth bump or is this as good as you think it will get with the 50% bonus.
That's a tough one. $32 each isn't bad, but also isn't the highest I've seen.

trade only if you need the credit now. when they were base 30 you could get 39

They're on sale so it's a terrible time to trade them. They're evergreens so they will go back up eventually

Was able to return the game in store that got mixed up with another.  I mentioned I haven’t had that problem before, but it’s happened a few times lately.  He said there have been some new hires, specifically at the warehouse.  I mentioned that hopefully it shows that when the games were scanned for packing, it shows that the wrong game was scanned for one of them.  He said they don’t always scan while packing, but they are supposed to.  

Easy enough.  The only one I’m waiting on now is one I had to send in.  Which used points for 1/2 the payment.

I was able to score a Series S at Target this morning so I traded in my Xbox One X for $200 cash it seemed worth the $100 on the upgrade since I really only play D2 on that system.

I was able to score a Series S at Target this morning so I traded in my Xbox One X for $200 cash it seemed worth the $100 on the upgrade since I really only play D2 on that system.
It probably was. I've had both systems and I liked the Series S better in every way than the One X except for in terms of the hard drive capacity.

I renewed my Pro membership in-store yesterday and I was charged the entire 15000 points. I just called customer service and she added 5000 points back to my account. Phone call was easy, less than 5 minute wait time.

I renewed my Pro membership in-store yesterday and I was charged the entire 15000 points. I just called customer service and she added 5000 points back to my account. Phone call was easy, less than 5 minute wait time.
Weren’t you supposed to be charged 15000 points/$15 anyway for it? Thought the dead was you get 10000 points back in a few days along with a $5 in store certificate on the spot (the $5 certificate is on my receipt)

Gamestop is getting pretty bad now. Returned an online purchase and the associate did not want to give me the tax back. This is another reason I've stopped buying anything instore. He refunded the tax after I told him to call customer service.

Weren’t you supposed to be charged 15000 points/$15 anyway for it? Thought the dead was you get 10000 points back in a few days along with a $5 in store certificate on the spot (the $5 certificate is on my receipt)
I checked my receipt and it does not indicate a $5 certificate. $5 credit doesn’t show on my account, either. If I was supposed to wait a few days to get some of my points back, then that is my mistake.

Will using a rewards certificate override any other deals/discounts?  

Example:

Nier Replicant (New) & Sekiro (Pre-owned) gets the 20% off on Sekiro (approx. $80 total)

If I apply a $10 online only rewards certificate, will that drop the total down or wipe out the promotion?

Example:
Nier Replicant (New) & Sekiro (Pre-owned) gets the 20% off on Sekiro (approx. $80 total)

If I apply a $10 online only rewards certificate, will that drop the total down or wipe out the promotion?
I can't remember the last time someone here got an online cert to work properly or show up in their active offers.

If you have your monthly $5 cert, it will work the same as that.

Any commonly "Available for pickup" $5 item suggestions ( even toys / shirts / hats ) to consume the online $5 monthly cert on? (already used in-store) Didn't find anything I wanted to actually buy online this month and digital currency doesn't seem to qualify in cart... I don't really want to pickup a copy of The Division, even if it's free.  :oldman:  

Example:

Wipe. There’s no stacking for codes and promos, as programmed on the site.

I could be wrong. It works in store however as the code gets applied to the new game and doesn’t interfere with the 30%.

Any commonly "Available for pickup" $5 item suggestions ( even toys / shirts / hats ) to consume the online $5 monthly cert on? (already used in-store) Didn't find anything I wanted to actually buy online this month and digital currency doesn't seem to qualify in cart... I don't really want to pickup a copy of The Division, even if it's free. :oldman:
If you were going to go in the store anyway for pickup, you might as well get digital currency. Digital currency works in-store. I always get a $5 eShop code if I haven't used it yet and the month is ending

If you were going to go in the store anyway for pickup, you might as well get digital currency. Digital currency works in-store. I always get a $5 eShop code if I haven't used it yet and the month is ending
think hes looking to double dip and not pay shipping

Any commonly "Available for pickup" $5 item suggestions ( even toys / shirts / hats ) to consume the online $5 monthly cert on? (already used in-store) Didn't find anything I wanted to actually buy online this month and digital currency doesn't seem to qualify in cart... I don't really want to pickup a copy of The Division, even if it's free. :oldman:
i used to pickup a funko mystery mini but then checkout stopped working unless there was a balance left over after applying the coupon

How long does it take for the bonuses from the renewal on Saturday to show up? Points take forever to arrive for me. I have an order I did on 22nd and points haven't shown up yet.

How long does it take for the bonuses from the renewal on Saturday to show up? Points take forever to arrive for me. I have an order I did on 22nd and points haven't shown up yet.
I think it took around a week last year. I remember because I was convinced it wasn’t coming, contacted support, they gave me points, and then the promo points showed up a day later.

I did a Bowser Jr. amiibo this month. A couple of stores near me had >1 that showed up online.
Heh that's what I did last month already, so might do Bowser (Sr) Smash for the same price.. problem is I already have him. Monster Hunter amiibos still not available for pickup. :oldman:

I've found I need to use my V2s in-store first to dip² :bomb:

i used to pickup a funko mystery mini but then checkout stopped working unless there was a balance left over after applying the coupon
Interesting, I haven't gotten to that step yet but may find out!

Website is already showing renewal points for me from Saturday, 10,000 bonus plus the regular 300. The App does not show the points yet, but I feel like the app is really slow to update

Speaking of points, I traded 5 games and bought a game in the same transaction Saturday.  As a result, I received no (0) points for the transaction.  

I haven't received points for trades (in Cali) since 2019 began, and buying a game in the same transaction as  a trade still cancels out the points you should receive for a purchase.  

Of course whenever I mention this to an associate it's like asking them what NASA is serving for lunch on Mars today. 

Is it strange to say that I have no desire to trade games during the 50% extra promo? I just bought quite a few games and want to actually play them to see if I want to keep them or not. I'm kinda burned out on buying games only to turn around and trade them in right away.

Edit: grammar typos

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back