2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I trust Wario but where is the official notice from Gamestop. Not even on their website that they are doing this and I haven't heard of any memo sent out telling stores that they are.

Some test stores could only price match prices that were visible in store. Not online prices, you actually had to have a picture of the price tag at another store to get the price match. Wonder what the policy is for it if it is at all stores now.

Anyone know a free shipping code for GameStop? I’m trying to use my $5 off item coupon online but if I pay for shipping it kinda defeats the purpose. Damn GameStop

Anyone know a free shipping code for GameStop? I’m trying to use my $5 off item coupon online but if I pay for shipping it kinda defeats the purpose. Damn GameStop
Try to see if you can pick the item up at a store, otherwise you are out of luck unless you spend more than 35 dollars. The code for free shipping was SAVER, but it has not worked in quite some time

I ordered some NEW games from the Pro day sale. Persona 5 arrived with a circular tape outside, so much them getting rid of their old practices, this copy is going straight back for a refund!

I ordered some NEW games from the Pro day sale. Persona 5 arrived with a circular tape outside, so much them getting rid of their old practices, this copy is going straight back for a refund!
Gamestop never ships a game shrinkwrapped when there's an open one readily available. It's against policy. Their lack of integrity wouldn't allow such a thing.

Funny twist...I bought a Gamestop "new" game in store last week but they forgot to put the sticker on.  Long story short, although I expected to love the game, I actually couldn't stand it and was able to return it with no hassle for a full refund.  The assoc was like "there's no sticker on this?  We forgot to put the sticker?  Oh."  

It's a recent release with no used copy available so worked out for me this time. 

At least you got a clear circular sticker. I rarely get them put on my new games, so I no longer purchase them online.

Try to see if you can pick the item up at a store, otherwise you are out of luck unless you spend more than 35 dollars. The code for free shipping was SAVER, but it has not worked in quite some time
Damn and yeah that’s exactly why I need free shipping. None around me new or pre owned

Once bought a pre-owned copy of Dusk Diver PS4 and it arrived still in shrink wrap and all. Which reminds me I should get around to playing that sometime.

You'd rather them actually put that sticker on that leaves the nasty-ass residue because they can't be bothered to put a higher quality one on? Huh.
Yes, because when they don’t, It makes it harder to return since gamestop employees think I opened it. Why even need a high quality sticker vs a cheap one when it shouldnt even need a sticker in the first place since it is supposed to be new.

Yes, because when they don’t, It makes it harder to return since gamestop employees think I opened it. Why even need a high quality sticker vs a cheap one when it shouldnt even need a sticker in the first place since it is supposed to be new.
And they have those unobtrusive sleeves they were using for a while that were 100 times better.

Someone please remind me - are the Deals of the Day prices only valid online? As in, I can't walk in the store and buy an item off the shelf at the price mentioned on their site? Got a few certs to burn, and would like to use them to make the deal even better...but I'm probably being too hopeful/naive, since it IS Gamestop we're talking about here.

Someone please remind me - are the Deals of the Day prices only valid online? As in, I can't walk in the store and buy an item off the shelf at the price mentioned on their site? Got a few certs to burn, and would like to use them to make the deal even better...but I'm probably being too hopeful/naive, since it IS Gamestop we're talking about here.
before they would tell you tough luck but now apparently you can make them price match it

Haven't been following stealth bumps lately. Any chance of one this weekend?
Hard to tell, but I'm kind of waiting maybe for this +50% to be over with the hopes that once it does, there will be better deals as the +50% this time wasn't a deal due to the large drops.

Has Sony done the $40 new Dualshock 4 promo in the past year? I know they did it during days of play (early June) and black friday in 2019, but didn't during days of play 2020. That could have been due to the hardware shortage during the pandemic. Did they do it during 2020 black friday/cyber monday/winter sale?

I'm considering trading in my old 2nd controller for the $26 and getting a new one in June if they still do the promo

Has Sony done the $40 new Dualshock 4 promo in the past year? I know they did it during days of play (early June) and black friday in 2019, but didn't during days of play 2020. That could have been due to the hardware shortage during the pandemic. Did they do it during 2020 black friday/cyber monday/winter sale?

I'm considering trading in my old 2nd controller for the $26 and getting a new one in June if they still do the promo
no, closest was gamestop selling used dualshock 4s for $40, maybe $30 a couple times?

That happened to me a few months ago. They sent me an opened game with the circular tape when it was sold as new. Game even had a scratch. They kept saying they were gonna send me a new one to replace it. Weeks go by and I get an email that my order was refunded because I didn't like it. At least I got the money back but after that stopped ordering new online.

Guessing it won't be valid to try and pricematch a pre-order, but someone try with Pokemon Snap today! :bomb:
Who is being price-matched? All of the online prices I see are $60, although Walmart didn't charge me sales tax on my pre-order presumably because it came with a hat (and clothing isn't taxed here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back