2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven’t been to GameStop since COVID started....I do wish I held on all those copies of gold and silver I bought for $12 each during one of the retro sales during COVID. They all worked and had new batteries I sold them in pairs for about $60 each now I’m seeing Pokémon games thru the roof

The Gamestop subreddit is a bunch of children that have never worked another retail job in their entire lives and are apparently masochists because they could get a similar/better paying position literally anywhere else.
Careful if you speak ill of GS employees. Folks in this thread will have their pitchforks out.

Random request.  Anyone that pre-ordered Metroid Prime 4 from Best Buy, does your order still exist on the website?  I can't find my 2018 GCU order anymore.  Never got a cancellation email

7TJas94.jpg

Had some amazing luck at GS yesterday afternoon!

Not only was I able to price-match New Pokemon Snap with WalMart (for $49.94) but the 'buy a new game $29.99+ and get 30% off a pre-owned game' deal still worked so I was able to get Tokyo Xanadu eX+ for $17.49.
It never seemed to be in stock during the 50% off online sales last year and I wanted to get a copy asap in case its price skyrockets like some of the other Falcom games.

Also, there's apparently a 'games $14.99 & below are 3 for $30' deal at the moment so I was able to get Danganronpa V3 (complete with soundtrack & art book!!) for PS4, Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists for PS4, & Superbeat Xonic for Switch for $30 total!

Xonic & Danganronpa are in excellent condition but Nelke seems to be a former rental/library copy - the disc art is a little scratched up & the PS4 logo on the art insert was ripped off but for $10 I'm not complaining!

what are the chances of getting a fake ds pokemon game from gamestop?
Getting a fake Pokemon from the DS/GBA/GB/GB Color cycle is higher than it should be. Just make sure to read about how to spot the fakes and all. There is so many fakes out there now though.

Not only was I able to price-match New Pokemon Snap with WalMart (for $49.94) but the 'buy a new game $29.99+ and get 30% off a pre-owned game' deal still worked so I was able to get Tokyo Xanadu eX+ for $17.49.
That's a nice hall. How exactly did you get the price match? Did you have to show a picture of the store or did you just show the app?

That's a nice hall. How exactly did you get the price match? Did you have to show a picture of the store or did you just show the app?
I stopped by WalMart and took a picture of the game/shelf-tag before heading to Gamestop pick up my pre-ordered copy of the game.

From what I was told, they will price match Amazon or WalMart (not sure about other retailers) as long as the item is sold/shipped by the company itself (not a 3rd-party seller). You have to either show the price on the competitor's website/app or take a photo of the WalMart shelf tag and show it on your phone.

In my case, the Manager already knew about the WM discount but asked me to show him my picture anyway because the employees are apparently filmed and could get in trouble or even fired if they violate store policies (like price-matching something incorrectly, I guess?).

YMMV, but here's the picture I used in case anyone wants to try to PM New Pokemon Snap:

51hb7u3.jpg

It never seemed to be in stock during the 50% off online sales last year and I wanted to get a copy asap in case its price skyrockets like some of the other Falcom games.

Also, there's apparently a 'games $14.99 & below are 3 for $30' deal at the moment so I was able to get Danganronpa V3 (complete with soundtrack & art book!!) on PS4, and Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists for PS4, & Superbeat Xonic for Switch for $30 total!

Xonic & Danganronpa are in excellent condition but Nelke seems to be a former rental/library copy - the disc art is a little scratched up & the PS4 logo on the art insert was ripped off but for $10 I'm not complaining!
Damn, amazing that you found a copy of Danganronpa V3 or Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World under $70 for the PS4 in 2021

I stopped by WalMart and took a picture of the game/shelf-tag before heading to pick up my pre-ordered copy at Gamestop.

From what I was told, they will price match Amazon or WalMart (not sure about other retailers) as long as the item is sold/shipped by the company itself (not a 3rd-party seller). You have to either show the price on the competitor's website/app or take a photo of the WalMart shelf tag and show it on your phone.

In my case, the Manager already knew about the WM discount but asked me to show him my picture anyway because the employees are apparently filmed and could get in trouble or even fired if they violate store policies (like price-matching something incorrectly, I guess?).

YMMV, but here's the picture I used in case anyone wants to try to PM New Pokemon Snap:

51hb7u3.jpg
Awesome haul and thanks for the heads up and picture.

Would you guys not recommend using a GameStop gift card to purchase a combination of games and a Nintendo eShop gift card on the GameStop website?  I haven't placed an order on GameStop.com in years.  Thank you in advance for any constructive responses to this question.

Would you guys not recommend using a GameStop gift card to purchase a combination of games and a Nintendo eShop gift card on the GameStop website? I haven't placed an order on GameStop.com in years. Thank you in advance for any constructive responses to this question.
You can. It won't let you buy another Gamestop gift card with a Gamestop gift card, though. I think buying the eShop card with the Gamestop gift card *may* work but it may also be Your Mileage May Vary in like 1% of cases such as when people try to buy many eShop cards at once. So eShop cards should work, just not another Gamestop gift card.

Would you guys not recommend using a GameStop gift card to purchase a combination of games and a Nintendo eShop gift card on the GameStop website? I haven't placed an order on GameStop.com in years. Thank you in advance for any constructive responses to this question.
Should be fine with the gc. By far the biggest area where GS can/will screw up is the quality control of what they're shipping out from stores lately - which would likely be the source of the games in the order.

You can. It won't let you buy another Gamestop gift card with a Gamestop gift card, though. I think buying the eShop card with the Gamestop gift card *may* work but it may also be Your Mileage May Vary in like 1% of cases such as when people try to buy many eShop cards at once. So eShop cards should work, just not another Gamestop gift card.
Should be fine with the gc. By far the biggest area where GS can/will screw up is the quality control of what they're shipping out from stores lately - which would likely be the source of the games in the order.
Thanks, guys. I know that I have seen people post that trying to buy gaming currency gift cards with trade credit was a horrible idea, but I had hoped that using a GameStop gift card might be OK. My biggest issue is that the stores are still opening at 12 noon here which makes absolutely no sense anymore to me, but I might head out to one tomorrow after I run my other errands. If not, I'll use the website.

there can be a problem when buying currency online, a few times I had problems when the order doesnt complete properly. if it hangs up or doesnt load at all the order doesnt go through but they take the money. takes about 10 days to get it back. it used to be a more common issue, but i havent had the problem for quite some time.

Gamestop.com also has velocity limits so it'll start blocking orders if you do more than a few digital orders.  Just buy 1 item per order and don't make too many orders - like 2 or 3 max per 24 hours, lol - and it should be fine.  Either way buying in store is always better, for a company that wants desperately to be a digital gaming big boi the website is absolute shit still, and if anything goes wrong you are really screwed.

I still have orders from 5 months ago for $1 games that haven't shipped yet, i don't care enough to call in about $4 in "lost" TC and am bemusedly waiting to see if they will ever cancel the order themselves.  I only added the games to get free shipping so don't really care anyways.

Oh man
I hope it is still good. I have a stack of games I was planning on trading today since it said 5/2 before.
Even if it's over, if you can utilize the +30%, you may see the same value overall as a whole as some games, not all, have been bumped up.

huh, I too planned on trading in games today using the 50% promo. I read it as up until today...the language is pretty clear.

post-37005-0-47697600-1618323401.jpeg

I have a feeling they ended it one day early as it’s not online anymore, anyone able to see now that east coast stores are opening?
my store reassured me that its til the end of today. im going soon anyway and i will report back.

i dont think mwt is happening today.

To clarify what I was saying earlier... Madden 21 went from 7 to 10 base today, and NHL 21 went from 7 to 12 base today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back