2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow finally found a copy of xenoblade chronicles 2. There were none yesterday, but this morning 1 popped up at a location close by. Hopefully I get the ready for pick up email and there's no shenanigans. Glad I never had to pay the eBay scalper price.

Wow finally found a copy of xenoblade chronicles 2. There were none yesterday, but this morning 1 popped up at a location close by. Hopefully I get the ready for pick up email and there's no shenanigans. Glad I never had to pay the eBay scalper price.
I hope you get it…my Pokémon Explorers of Sky from yesterday was canceled pretty quick.

Yeah, good point. I'm weary of switch games because they could still be reprinted. I can already think of a handful of switch games that I own that were reprinted and the value dropped. Ones that come to mind - Atelier Ryza 1, Shantae 1/2 hero/genie, disaster report 4, and some others. But 3DS, DS, etc. obviously you don't run that risk. I am surprised that the pokemon games inflated so much when 1. There are tons of copies in the world. 2. Reproductions are cheap 3. Emulators can easily emulate those types of games. But there is definitely something to have physical games. I always keep the nicest copies in my collection, and nowadays when games come with physical manuals I find that extremely cool since it is sadly so uncommon now.

And as far as reprints go, something like Xenoblade games/lesser 1st party titles scream "Nintendo Selects" release to me. Obviously there's no need to drop the price on Mario kart, zelda, etc. because those still sell for $60 years later, but I could definitely see Arms, Splatoon 2 (especially with Splatoon 3 coming), xenoblade 2, mario tennis, and a ton of others being reprinted at a lesser price.
Yeah, but who wants reproductions in their collection. Disgusting.

This is exactly why I will no longer be taking part in trade ins/flips/selling old games, etc. If it's physical now then you run the risk of not being able to buy it back in the future because it's too expensive or rare. I remember trading in the DS Pokemon games like Soulsilver, Heartgold, etc. because they were so common and easy to find cheap, even in brand new condition with the Pokewalkers. Stores were even clearancing them out because they had too many. I now want one for my collection but can't because even a cart only copy in bad condition is extremely expensive. The $50 or so profit I made back then is a joke compared to what they go for now. Now it seems like many niche games like that will literally get one print run and that's it, maybe a quiet reprint at most that sells out quickly. Even PS3 games were worthless a year ago and some of the games that GS had for 4/10 and 4/20 are now increasing in price.
Exactly. I'm not sure why people still trade in their games when you can sell them yourself for multiple times what gamestonk will pay you, especially if they are sealed. The glory days of trading are long over.

Exactly. I'm not sure why people still trade in their games when you can sell them yourself for multiple times what gamestonk will pay you, especially if they are sealed. The glory days of trading are long over.
I got $32 trade credit for a disc only copy of Mario Kart Wii. Where can I do better after fees?

Huh, no shit. Almost like the Deals of the Day have never worked in store and have always been online only
I'm just curious, why are you being so rude to him? He obviously didn't know that. But yes, Deals of the Day are online only but you didn't need to viciously attack him over a misunderstanding.

Make sure to take advantage of the 15% cash back on rakuten when buying the dotd.  Great deal so I picked up 3 trying my luck.  Hoping one of them at least comes complete. 

Huh, no shit. Almost like the Deals of the Day have never worked in store and have always been online only
Hm I thought it would at least say “online only” deal. Instead of just deal of the day, people would assume it works online and instore. I’m guessing you can’t use discounts on it either like a 5 off coupon?

Bro I casually picked up 1-4 and I never knew these games were rare
Not rare more out of print and people are likely hoarding copies inflating the prices on the second hand market. There's already 3 versions of the first 2 games between ps3 vita and ps4 on the physical side. 2 each for 3 and 4 since they released on the ps4 and switch.

They are doing smaller prints than they used to but other than that it's not as if these games were going immediately out of stock. Took about a year for the copies to dry up.

I'd assume they plan on doing switch ports of 1 and 2 eventually as well since 3 and 4 are on there.

Bro I casually picked up 1-4 and I never knew these games were rare
Yeah, me too. Guess I lucked out on those ones. I got cold steel 2 for $20 preowned during their year of 50% off sales. Cold steel 1 for about the same from an Amazon warehouse 20% off deal. One of the few times a like new used item actually came close to that. I had to peel off some warehouse stickers, but they didn’t leave much residue. Cold steel 3 was $30 or less for a long time, and Cold steel 4 is $40 right now at gamestop. Used some coupons on it. Was waiting on 4 since I haven’t started any of them yet, but reading what happened to the other’s prices, I think that’s good enough, they sound like ones I want to play eventually. Buying 4 games into a series i’ve never even played though (not to mention I’d need to get through like 3 trails in the sky games first as well if I want the full story!?), look what these stupid limited print runs are making us do. They are going to be up to like CS 7 or 8 by the time I start the first and I’m going to keep buying them all...

Yeah, me too. Guess I lucked out on those ones. I got cold steel 2 for $20 preowned during their year of 50% off sales. Cold steel 1 for about the same from an Amazon warehouse 20% off deal. One of the few times a like new used item actually came close to that. I had to peel off some warehouse stickers, but they didn’t leave much residue. Cold steel 3 was $30 or less for a long time, and Cold steel 4 is $40 right now at gamestop. Used some coupons on it. Was waiting on 4 since I haven’t started any of them yet, but reading what happened to the other’s prices, I think that’s good enough, they sound like ones I want to play eventually. Buying 4 games into a series i’ve never even played though (not to mention I’d need to get through like 3 trails in the sky games first as well if I want the full story!?), look what these stupid limited print runs are making us do. They are going to be up to like CS 7 or 8 by the time I start the first and I’m going to keep buying them all...
cold steel is over with the 4th entry. Though they could have easily dragged out the arc for another 3-4 games by using the crossbell assets they made and going with events taking place back and forth between there and the capital, western stuff, class b side trips and whatever else.

The limited run switch games discussion made me look up some games and noticed they just raised the prices overnight $5 on a few things like disgaea 1, 4, and 5

Seems like Gamestop is actually working to fulfill back-orders - a game I ordered in a 50% off sale on June 10th, 2020 was finally delivered!

dybWVub.jpg

The game had been stuck in 'Awaiting Availability' status since I ordered it so I assumed it would eventually get cancelled (especially considering the PS4 version of the game hasn't been listed on Gamestop's website for months) but I got a shipping notification last Saturday and it just showed up today - complete with its original case and an unused soundtrack voucher! :D

Wow that’s persistence. I also had ‘Will: A Wonderful World’ stuck in that status since June but called to cancel it eventually, guess there is hope

In the last few months, I have had 4-5 orders where they say it shipped but it never gets picked up by the carrier.  I believe it's happened for USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS so it's not tied to a specific carrier.  Each time I have to contact them and they send another one.  Any idea why this happens so much?  I could understand a mistake and it happening once or twice but 4-5 times in the last few months tells me its a chronic problem.  How in the world could so many packages go missing?

In the last few months, I have had 4-5 orders where they say it shipped but it never gets picked up by the carrier. I believe it's happened for USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS so it's not tied to a specific carrier. Each time I have to contact them and they send another one. Any idea why this happens so much? I could understand a mistake and it happening once or twice but 4-5 times in the last few months tells me its a chronic problem. How in the world could so many packages go missing?
from my understanding when you place an order online it doesnt show up immediately at the store that is supposed to fulfil it.
theres potential for someone to buy it before you in person and then the store would have a label and no game to ship.

shipping carriers are all overloaded in my area as well
had a ups truck at my job that was completely full even in the middle just stacked with packages
dude couldnt get to most of it, they wont split his route either

Same thing has happened to me. Ordered 6 games on May 1 and I'm still waiting on 2 of them to arrive. I'll be contacting them again today to either get them shipped finally or get a refund.

Anyone know when retro games restock on the GS website? I've been able to catch a random few here n there but its mostly stuff I own so not really too interested in it. PM me if you can. Thank you. 

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing someone post about this a few weeks ago but since it didn't affect me I spaced it out; Did they get rid of adding anything new to the wishlist? I don't see anything on the web about it, but haven't tried on the app.
Huh, no shit. Almost like the wishlist has been gone for months now.

Pro-tip. Once you buy something on your wishlist - you can move it back and forth from your HAVE/HAD list back onto your wishlist. Lame, just like me. 

Mue1ggD.png

Huh, no shit. Weird how some people are still able to use it then
As others are saying, and have said before, wishlist has been funky for months. If you have a wishlist, you can still view it and move things from had/have, but you can’t add new items to your wishlist anymore. I think since Jan/Feb. Pretty apt response. Someone doesn’t know the specifics of how deal of the day works, or the specifics of how wishlist works, same basic mistake and same shit post reply. No need to jump on someone just cause they don’t know all the weird specifics of how GameStop works, I think is the point some are trying to get across.

As others are saying, and have said before, wishlist has been funky for months. If you have a wishlist, you can still view it and move things from had/have, but you can’t add new items to your wishlist anymore. I think since Jan/Feb. Pretty apt response. Someone doesn’t know the specifics of how deal of the day works, or the specifics of how wishlist works, same basic mistake and same shit post reply. No need to jump on someone just cause they don’t know all the weird specifics of how GameStop works, I think is the point some are trying to get across.
In fairness, the poster you quoted was being sarcastic toward the person who "jumped on someone" in this case. You may have meant to quote the OTHER "huh, no shit" response. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back