2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of restocks on preowned games. Some ones that I saw that might be worth while. Pokemon Black/White 1, Pokemon Conquest, Xenoblade 2. If looking for a $29.99 new game to activate the 30-50% promo, Fallen Legion on the switch is on sale for $30, normally $50. Looks like it shouldn't stack with this promo (PS4 version doesn't), but it does. NIS games usually have long term potential (Trails of Cold Steel, Langrisser, Danganropa, etc.) 

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/games/products/fallen-legion-revenants-vanguard-edition/11103408.html

Lots of restocks on preowned games. Some ones that I saw that might be worth while. Pokemon Black/White 1, Pokemon Conquest, Xenoblade 2. If looking for a $29.99 new game to activate the 30-50% promo, Fallen Legion on the switch is on sale for $30, normally $50. Looks like it shouldn't stack with this promo (PS4 version doesn't), but it does. NIS games usually have long term potential (Trails of Cold Steel, Langrisser, Danganropa, etc.)

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/games/products/fallen-legion-revenants-vanguard-edition/11103408.html
Black/White 1 are not worth it at that price for loose.

If it is on sale, it won't ever work with a BOGO anymore.

Kind of tempted to get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fallen Legion looks interesting for the sale price.

I really tried to get into the first Xenoblade back on the Wii and again on the 3DS but I just kept getting bored with it.  Same deal with Xenoblade X on WiiU.  Anything different in XBC2 that might keep me interested or more of the same?

Kind of tempted to get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fallen Legion looks interesting for the sale price.

I really tried to get into the first Xenoblade back on the Wii and again on the 3DS but I just kept getting bored with it. Same deal with Xenoblade X on WiiU. Anything different in XBC2 that might keep me interested or more of the same?
Haven't played XB2 yet but the XB1DE on Switch is waaay better than the 3DS. Better with maps, a marker telling you where to go for main and side missions, auto-runs. Various things that make it less of a slog than the 3DS version.

So do people just use their monthly certs on currency or something if they don't find anything worth buying by the end of each month? I went to a GS for the first time in years the other week and someone I knew was working there and I ended up getting a membership for the first time since they got rid of the 10% off used games. It is a bit lame you can't use them on pre-orders lol

If using a giftcard, it will hold the funds. you won't be able to use it after.
I dunno about gift card, but TC doesn't seem to charge / hold at the moment. Can check the current balance on the website to confirm... maybe when the first one ships?

So do people just use their monthly certs on currency or something if they don't find anything worth buying by the end of each month?
Correct. It's easier to find a use for the $5 online when the shown inventory of stores is off -1 as it has been recently.

The banjo kazooie amiibo had the store pickup option enabled a couple of days ago. I had 1 local so I burned my montly $5 and grabbed that like a jinjo.

So do people just use their monthly certs on currency or something if they don't find anything worth buying by the end of each month? I went to a GS for the first time in years the other week and someone I knew was working there and I ended up getting a membership for the first time since they got rid of the 10% off used games. It is a bit lame you can't use them on pre-orders lol
Yeah currency or you should be able to use on release day of preorder.

Huh, I noticed I was entering the wrong cvv code when about to place an order.  I hit the back button, but it looks like the order still went through, because I have two orders now.  Anyone have experience with that?  Will be interesting to see what happens.  I tried to cancel one but both say preparing shipment.

The Gamestop I went to earlier tried to swindle me on the gamewarranty crap. I did the B2G1 Free deal on couple PS4 games and on the recept it showed 3 2.00 Gamewarranty addons. I asked to have that refunded as I was never asked if I wanted that.

Like who gets those on games? If I was buying a console I would understand but games? Last time I had a game break on me was during 360 days when the 360 would chew up the discs by giving them the circular scratch. 

The Gamestop I went to earlier tried to swindle me on the gamewarranty crap. I did the B2G1 Free deal on couple PS4 games and on the recept it showed 3 2.00 Gamewarranty addons. I asked to have that refunded as I was never asked if I wanted that.

Like who gets those on games? If I was buying a console I would understand but games? Last time I had a game break on me was during 360 days when the 360 would chew up the discs by giving them the circular scratch.
Like all extended warranties, it’s a tax on the stupid.

there are also a lot of people who don't seem to care if their kids take care of their crap as i have seen people inquire if it covers their kids breaking the games...
Not so much that they don't care but know it's going to happen so the peace of mind is worth not having to worry about it.

I guess I'll use the buy $29.99 game and get 30% off preowned instead, which has been going on for a while now

Wow xenoblade 2 shipping notification email already. Of course that doesn't mean anything until the tracking number updates typically. But it would be pretty impressive if they actually get it shipped by Monday.

Decided to pick up Judgment PS5 for $29.99 new and then got The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series PS4 preowned for $20.99 after the 30% off deal, with free shipping.

Decided to pick up Judgment PS5 for $29.99 new and then got The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series PS4 preowned for $20.99 after the 30% off deal, with free shipping.
i hate that the walking dead def series achievements on xbox are separate from the individual downloads. it makes me feel the need to complete all the games again on the def series.

Is there any trick to getting the B3G2 offer to work?  Every time I try for some games under 14.99 each it keeps giving the "3 for $30" deal.  Even If i put 5 games in the cart it gives 3 for $30 and charges full price for the other 2 instead of giving the B3G2.

Is there any trick to getting the B3G2 offer to work? Every time I try for some games under 14.99 each it keeps giving the "3 for $30" deal. Even If i put 5 games in the cart it gives 3 for $30 and charges full price for the other 2 instead of giving the B3G2.
Sadly they don't code these well enough to give you th e better of the two deals.

Ugh... normally check the GS thread around this time but of course, I didn't today.

I really tried to get into the first Xenoblade back on the Wii and again on the 3DS but I just kept getting bored with it. Same deal with Xenoblade X on WiiU. Anything different in XBC2 that might keep me interested or more of the same?
I loved the original Xenoblade, didn't care as much for X (mainly because of the idiotic story), and enjoyed XB2. But if you didn't like any of the other XB games, you're prob not gonna like XB2- gameplay is basically the same (but does have a semi-neat monster collecting element to it) and story is enjoyable (but the sexual innuendo/fan service, as much as I love both things, were super cringey).

Man, I can't believe we've gotten to a point where a B3G2, only on XB1/PS4 games, and only on games under $20, as well as the buy a full priced game just to get 50% off another is considered good.

Where have the actual good deals gone.... it was a good year while it lasted :/
RIP to B2G2 all pre-owned games Christmas 2019. And then for awhile after that they had B2G2 all last gen, luckily I stocked up on a ton of (3)DS games during that time and now they're very hard to find. Hell, even Marchish 2020 had B2G1 on ALL games, even new! Got some cool collectors editions that way. Seems like those days are long gone, but I have fond memories.

Man, I can't believe we've gotten to a point where a B3G2, only on XB1/PS4 games, and only on games under $20, as well as the buy a full priced game just to get 50% off another is considered good.

Where have the actual good deals gone.... it was a good year while it lasted :/
Into GME stocks

Are PS3 game restocks a thing?

Been looking for Condemned 2: Bloodshot and The Darkness on PS3 (since they're not on PC), and finally caved and bought both off Amazon. However, if I can manage I etc then off Gamestop before the return period lapses, I can just return them to Amazon.

What's the best way of tracking item restocks?

Are PS3 game restocks a thing?

Been looking for Condemned 2: Bloodshot and The Darkness on PS3 (since they're not on PC), and finally caved and bought both off Amazon. However, if I can manage I etc then off Gamestop before the return period lapses, I can just return them to Amazon.

What's the best way of tracking item restocks?
At this point, unless Gamestop changes their business model, probably not. They would need to take in PS3 games for them to get restocked after all, and they don't seem the least bit interested.

At this point, unless Gamestop changes their business model, probably not. They would need to take in PS3 games for them to get restocked after all, and they don't seem the least bit interested.
This is right. I don't much see why Gamestop would bother restocking PS3/Xbox 360 titles when stores have already cast aside those sections entirely.

RIP to B2G2 all pre-owned games Christmas 2019. And then for awhile after that they had B2G2 all last gen, luckily I stocked up on a ton of (3)DS games during that time and now they're very hard to find. Hell, even Marchish 2020 had B2G1 on ALL games, even new! Got some cool collectors editions that way. Seems like those days are long gone, but I have fond memories.
On BF the last two years, they have had B2G1 on all used games, including discounted games. You could buy used first party Switch games for less than $17 each last November. I got NSMBUD, FE Three Houses, and Yoshi's Crafted World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back