2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are PS3 game restocks a thing?

Been looking for Condemned 2: Bloodshot and The Darkness on PS3 (since they're not on PC), and finally caved and bought both off Amazon. However, if I can manage I etc then off Gamestop before the return period lapses, I can just return them to Amazon.

What's the best way of tracking item restocks?
Technically yes, but the odds are stacked against you. Two PS3 games I was looking for popped-up in stock ahead of the 5-for-10 deal this week, for example, but restocks on the site seem to be few and far between. The wishlist feature is disabled for now, so you'd regularly have to check the landing pages for these games to see if they are in stock.

I just checked The Darkness on Amazon and its fetching about $8 - at that price, I feel like it's probably not worth driving to a Gamestop outside of your normal commuting route to seek out a cheaper copy. It does suck though when a game you could have bought for $3 costs you $8-10 because everyone slaps $4 for shipping onto the price.

Technically yes, but the odds are stacked against you. Two PS3 games I was looking for popped-up in stock ahead of the 5-for-10 deal this week, for example, but restocks on the site seem to be few and far between. The wishlist feature is disabled for now, so you'd regularly have to check the landing pages for these games to see if they are in stock.

I just checked The Darkness on Amazon and its fetching about $8 - at that price, I feel like it's probably not worth driving to a Gamestop outside of your normal commuting route to seek out a cheaper copy. It does suck though when a game you could have bought for $3 costs you $8-10 because everyone slaps $4 for shipping onto the price.
Doubt the Wishlist comes back - they disabled adding to it earlier this year, so can't say I'm entirely shocked that they nuked the whole thing. Had a bunch of $19.99 & under games on mine, so it's pretty irritating having to go to each product page to see if they're in stock for this B2G1 sale.

It's been a while since I redeemed points for in-store certs, so I need a little help. Can I use two certs on one item so long as they're different amounts (e.g. one $10 and one $5)?

So when are the fake Switch carts coming?!... I guess we need to wait for a game to surpass $200 loose first? :bomb:
That would already be Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for Switch, that game has insane prices already but if people were making bootlegs of it I can guarantee they would sell like fire on ebay.

It's been a while since I redeemed points for in-store certs, so I need a little help. Can I use two certs on one item so long as they're different amounts (e.g. one $10 and one $5)?
Yep, can can even use $5 monthly + $5 cert. Supposedly the limit is 2, haven't tried 2 + monthly.

Yeah, as much as it pains me to pay over $10 for it and over $15 for Condemned, it is what it is. Better than paying $60+ for a used game that doesn't have a case/etc.

Speaking of which, I found some copies of The World Ends with You Final Remix for $50 at Target. What are the chances of them price matching Gamestop's website (since it's out of stock on GS.com)? I'm guessing close to 0%?

Yep, can can even use $5 monthly + $5 cert. Supposedly the limit is 2, haven't tried 2 + monthly.
Cool cool, thanks for the info. Next question is can I use them on games that are on sale? If so I can get Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for $5 difference and trade in a game or two to cover it.

I was surprised that I was able to buy P5S using my $5 monthly certificate. The game was on sale for $40 on the weekly ad.

Cool cool, thanks for the info. Next question is can I use them on games that are on sale? If so I can get Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for $5 difference and trade in a game or two to cover it.

Anyone not able to use trade credit to buy eShop cards online? I've tried everything and I keep getting the message below. Tried 2 separate cards.

"Oops! We can't process your payment. Please select a different method or check your payment details included in your billing address."

I'm getting annoyed of filtering by 'In Stock' and having a shitload of 'In Store Only' games pop-up. Am I just missing the right combination of buttons or is it more Gamestop website nonsense?

So I purchased Call of Cthulu "NEW" for Xbox One.  It came in a paper sleeve without even a case...WTF.

Edit: It gets worse.  The "Back to the Future" for Xbox One I ordered came CASE ONLY.  Not even a game disc.

I am really starting to remember why I stopped shopping at Gamestop a few years ago.  What a joke.

So I purchased Call of Cthulu "NEW" for Xbox One. It came in a paper sleeve without even a case...WTF.

Edit: It gets worse. The "Back to the Future" for Xbox One I ordered came CASE ONLY. Not even a game disc.

I am really starting to remember why I stopped shopping at Gamestop a few years ago. What a joke.
Ordering online is such a crapshoot ever since they started shipping from stores. It's pretty embarrassing how often they screw up like this. If you contact customer service they'll have another sent out to you.

I ordered a *PRE-OWNED* collector's edition of a game and GameStop only sent me the game itself. I chatted with a rep and he said because it's *PRE-OWNED* they only send the game. Their website clearly shows all the extras and is labeled as such. Looks like I'll be returning the game. It's so crappy ordering from GameStop.

Ordering online is such a crapshoot ever since they started shipping from stores. It's pretty embarrassing how often they screw up like this. If you contact customer service they'll have another sent out to you.
Indeed it is.

I placed an order recently for the Ratchet and Clank Pop Figure set for $10 and I received a Brok and Sindri Pop Figure set.
I contact customer service and they were very helpful and said they would send me out the correct items and I could keep the other figure set. I just don't know how you work at a store that sells Video Games mistakes Ratchet and Clank for two guys that are from God of War.

I guess I've lucked out with GS roulette (minus two Xenoblade 2 Tornas that turned out to be Xenoverse 2s), but the most recent retro-restock came in via USPS after lunch and all look pretty good. Gaia and F-Zero had sharpie on the back / sides, Golden Sun's label was a bit dinged up, and Smash quite faded, but was most worried about the stadium 1 with some kids name on it. Days of Ruin complete was the big surprise (came from Lancaster, CA!)  :razz:

MmFFfas.jpg

So I purchased Call of Cthulu "NEW" for Xbox One. It came in a paper sleeve without even a case...WTF.

Edit: It gets worse. The "Back to the Future" for Xbox One I ordered came CASE ONLY. Not even a game disc.

I am really starting to remember why I stopped shopping at Gamestop a few years ago. What a joke.
My "best" experience so far was ordering dark souls trilogy new for Xbox one and receiving the three discs in a generic white case, no steelbook or outer box.

I guess I've lucked out with GS roulette (minus two Xenoblade 2 Tornas that turned out to be Xenoverse 2s), but the most recent retro-restock came in via USPS after lunch and all look pretty good. Gaia and F-Zero had sharpie on the back / sides, Golden Sun's label was a bit dinged up, and Smash quite faded, but was most worried about the stadium 1 with some kids name on it. Days of Ruin complete was the big surprise (came from Lancaster, CA!) :razz:

MmFFfas.jpg
Did you open up the Chrono Trigger? It is likely fake.

I guess I've lucked out with GS roulette (minus two Xenoblade 2 Tornas that turned out to be Xenoverse 2s), but the most recent retro-restock came in via USPS after lunch and all look pretty good. Gaia and F-Zero had sharpie on the back / sides, Golden Sun's label was a bit dinged up, and Smash quite faded, but was most worried about the stadium 1 with some kids name on it. Days of Ruin complete was the big surprise (came from Lancaster, CA!) :razz:

MmFFfas.jpg
I would thoroughly inspect that Chrono trigger. I got a fake one through GameStop awhile back

You got a case in one order and a game in another, works out overall! Plus an extra paper sleeve, that’s just a bonus.

MmFFfas.jpg
Looks pretty good!

For my recent orders, I already had fist of the north star PS4, but threw in another copy to fill out the B3G2. For what was available at the price I needed, seemed best candidate to atleast get my money back if I sold later. I thought I already had it complete, but this one came with a sticker set, one says “Shit balls!” and the other says “Hidebu!”, both look like they are written in blood. I’m aware of the anime’s history, and some of its meme’s, but haven’t watched it. The game being like yakuza without just being another gangster game interested me as well, but what did I buy?...regardless, the bloody shit balls! sticker is going into my set to make it even more complete now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back