2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know why the site isn't giving me free shipping? It says it should be free if it's more than $35 but I have 2 funko pre orders and a new game in my cart for $40 and it's not showing free.

I'm assuming everyone's Gravity Rush is shipping USPS, a.k.a their warehouse. So anyone's guess if these actually get picked up, and when. Speaking of, today I just received an old warehouse order from.. December 2020 lol.

Not a single one of my Fallen Legions was sealed. Nice.
Yup, received 10ish today, all not factory sealed. More coming tomorrow, and I expect the same. Every single shipment was 1 per store, even though I ordered 2 in each transaction, so I'm getting the last (opened) "new" copy at each one. Instead of them just shipping the hundreds/thousands of games from the warehouse in two per shipment and saving on shipping costs. Will prepare to do some online returns, already have a batch from last week, will wait until those are processed. Worst comes to worse, I paid via paypal.

Yup, received 10ish today, all not factory sealed. More coming tomorrow, and I expect the same. Every single shipment was 1 per store, even though I ordered 2 in each transaction, so I'm getting the last (opened) "new" copy at each one. Instead of them just shipping the hundreds/thousands of games from the warehouse in two per shipment and saving on shipping costs. Will prepare to do some online returns, already have a batch from last week, will wait until those are processed. Worst comes to worse, I paid via paypal.
I got 6. We're gonna corner the market.

I'm assuming everyone's Gravity Rush is shipping USPS, a.k.a their warehouse. So anyone's guess if these actually get picked up, and when. Speaking of, today I just received an old warehouse order from.. December 2020 lol.
Mine was sent via the slow UPS mail innovations method from the warehouse. It looks like it actually did get picked up but it’s not going to arrive for a week or more. I hope it’s at least a region 1 disc in good shape..

one punch mans came in today all complete.  But the xb1 copy has a sticker saying returned to warehouse defective covered by a blacked out sticker. Guess I will take that one to return it.

Absolutely no sympathy for any piece of trash that buys 10-20 copies of the same fucking game just so they can MAYBE sell the sealed copies on ebay for $20 profit. I hope every single one is opened and customer service makes you jump through hoops to return them.

Absolutely no sympathy for any piece of trash that buys 10-20 copies of the same fucking game just so they can MAYBE sell the sealed copies on ebay for $20 profit. I hope every single one is opened and customer service makes you jump through hoops to return them.
I understand your frustration

But GameStop should not sale a opened game as new… period

There’s a user who said his game came in a sleeve no case. Gtf outta here man caping for GameStop, when they are doing bad too

Since you obviously have such strong feelings about reselling, would you at least agree there is worse out there than selling games for profit? You label anyone that does trash, unworthy of any sympathy, and wish them ill will. Those are just pretty strong words, across hundreds of similar posts, for buying a toy at low price and selling higher? I personally find that kind of hate more disgusting than the ickkk I felt reading the comment about someone saying they bought 10 plus copies of a game, to the point that in my case at least, you do your cause more harm than good. I don’t like it either, but all the vitriol and effort devoted to shitting on game resellers is just out of proportion for the harm they actually cause. What good do you think is going to come of shitting on them? Is it going to make them change their mind and not sell a toy for profit, or just makes you feel good? Just comes across as an excuse to shit on gamers or what you deem an easy or acceptable target. Are you on house flipper message boards shitting on them endlessly as well? That’s the only way I think I could view your comments more as fighting for a good cause overall than just being a troll. They are driving up the price of something necessary to live, making it harder for low income individuals to establish a life, and for everyone else to maintain theirs, with the speculators impact on property taxes. Their reckless speculation with money they didn’t have broke the world economy, and ruined countless lives. And it appears the same thing may be starting again. How about drug dealers, marketing for alcohol, nicotine, or other shitty products that harm the individuals and society collectively falling for the “cool” or “down home” image millions spend their lives and make billions propagating. If you want to shit on the image of something that’s out of whack and could use correction, shit on that, or someone that actually causes harm. Gamers or someone reselling games I think still and already get enough of that. But again, if your just looking for an acceptable or easy target, I guess that’s the point.

$10/20/30 e-gift card for spending over $40/80/100 on pre-owned titles > $20 is active now... nothing in stock that interests me at the moment.  :cold:

Dude I have to ask is everything going well for you? I hope it is and everyone on here, it seems like every post you do now is just complaining about something or someone, relax and take it easy.

tenor.gif

$10/20/30 e-gift card for spending over $40/80/100 on pre-owned titles > $20 is active now... nothing in stock that interests me at the moment. :cold:
Oh cool, didn't even realize this was going to be a thing. I might grab Link's Awakening with this offer.

Edit: well shit, looks like I can't use my monthly $5 cert with this.

I understand frustrations if I'm going to Target and buying up all the PS5s or Pokemon cards and no one else has a chance to buy them, but this is a widely available game that anyone else can buy - and I was the one that even brought it to people's attention. This isn't a "quick flip" to make $10 and there's no reason it would be. How on earth can I make money off these games right now if GameStop is selling them for $30? I want sealed copies because I think it is a long term investment, and anyone else is free to do the same. Some people invest in stocks, some people invest in trading/sports cards, and some invest in other things.

Do you think gamestop has any other use besides this? This company is complete garbage, that preys on uniformed customers to trade in valuable games to turn for a profit, willing sells fake pokemon games, and sells opened games as "new". As a publicly traded US entity, I have no idea how they haven't been sued yet for all the crap they pull.

his posts are just because he thinks he is better than everyone else.
Well, what if you are just better than everyone else?

I think lately, people are really stretching "invest" really thin, though... and lots of the ways the seem to be planning to cash out sound a lot like underpants gnomes schemes.

Honestly, I'd be looking to avoid just about every "collectible" right now. People have lost their damn minds right now (Pokemon cards mania, etc) and I can't imagine for most things that there's any more pent up demand than exist right now on the vast majority of this stuff.

Unless it's able to be joined with a promo for some sort of clever wheeling/dealing (credit card points, gamestop promo) it just seems like you're running around waving money around trying to buy stuff at it's peak. I'd wait for the world to return to normal and buy into the dips when people start questioning why they were buying all of this stuff.

I think lately, people are really stretching "invest" really thin, though... and lots of the ways the seem to be planning to cash out sound a lot like underpants gnomes schemes.

Honestly, I'd be looking to avoid just about every "collectible" right now. People have lost their damn minds right now (Pokemon cards mania, etc) and I can't imagine for most things that there's any more pent up demand than exist right now on the vast majority of this stuff.

Unless it's able to be joined with a promo for some sort of clever wheeling/dealing (credit card points, gamestop promo) it just seems like you're running around waving money around trying to buy stuff at it's peak. I'd wait for the world to return to normal and buy into the dips when people start questioning why they were buying all of this stuff.
another one for the ignore list, any reason you felt so compelled to reply but not bother to read the thread to even catch up with what the conversation is?

lol... good luck with that. This is the "new normal". Supply chains are completely broken and will take years to fix themselves.

Yeah, I think that way of thinking is old school. For whatever reason, people can't seem to acknowledge that investments exist outside of the normal stocks, bonds, gold, etc. And that this is all "short term" and things will return to "normal". I'm not saying the games I'm buying will make me a millionaire, but to say it's "not investing" because it's a different product, is just wrong. And I have a gut feeling we are nowhere near the "peak", as you say, of physical video games. In fact, when they inevitably stop selling physical video games in the future, I am curious to see how the market reacts to vintage games. Even now I feel like there is a premium on complete games because man there is just something nostalgic about flipping through an old video game manual, and 95% of games nowadays just come with an electronic manual.

"Bitcoin is $20?! It's not even real money! You guys are crazy!"

"You paid thousands of dollars for a Tom Brady rookie?! It's a piece of cardboard worth pennies" - Goes on to sell for millions.

"$100k for a 1st edition pokemon box?! The demand can't possibly go any higher, just wait it out!" - Probably worth a million dollars now.

"Investing in sealed pokemon games? You know those things sold MILLIONS of copies right? The marker is flooded, good luck." - Graded and sealed pokemon games can sell for upwards of $100k.

Jesus fucking Christ are you serious?!  $100,000?!?!

I have my little brother's pokemon cards (he doesn't want them) from 1999-2000 in a giant book. I should go through them and see how much I can get.

Jesus fucking Christ are you serious?! $100,000?!?!

I have my little brother's pokemon cards (he doesn't want them) from 1999-2000 in a giant book. I should go through them and see how much I can get.
Sealed product is worth a lot more. A 1st edition base set box is probably $1m right now. As far as loose cards, condition is everything. If they are near mint, he could definitely have hundreds or thousands of dollars in cards, it's worth a look.

Yeah, I think that way of thinking is old school. For whatever reason, people can't seem to acknowledge that investments exist outside of the normal stocks, bonds, gold, etc. And that this is all "short term" and things will return to "normal". I'm not saying the games I'm buying will make me a millionaire, but to say it's "not investing" because it's a different product, is just wrong. And I have a gut feeling we are nowhere near the "peak", as you say, of physical video games. In fact, when they inevitably stop selling physical video games in the future, I am curious to see how the market reacts to vintage games. Even now I feel like there is a premium on complete games because man there is just something nostalgic about flipping through an old video game manual, and 95% of games nowadays just come with an electronic manual.

"Bitcoin is $20?! It's not even real money! You guys are crazy!"

"You paid thousands of dollars for a Tom Brady rookie?! It's a piece of cardboard worth pennies" - Goes on to sell for millions.

"$100k for a 1st edition pokemon box?! The demand can't possibly go any higher, just wait it out!" - Probably worth a million dollars now.

"Investing in sealed pokemon games? You know those things sold MILLIONS of copies right? The marker is flooded, good luck." - Graded and sealed pokemon games can sell for upwards of $100k.
I miss having ~100 sealed copies of Pokemon gold. I'd be rich

Jesus fucking Christ are you serious?! $100,000?!?!

I think he's referring to sealed pokemon games. Even then, the only sealed pokemon games that sold close to 100k are crystal and 1st print red. More will likely sell that high in the future though.

For pokemon cards, the only english ones worth over 100k are 1st edition charizard and 1st edition lugia in psa 10. The rest are japanese promos.

EDIT: should clarify that even if it's not 100k, every gen 1 - 3 pokemon game is worth in 5 figures now in sealed mint condition.

I personally find that kind of hate more disgusting than the ickkk I felt reading the comment about someone saying they bought 10 plus copies of a game, to the point that in my case at least, you do your cause more harm than good. I don’t like it either, but all the vitriol and effort devoted to shitting on game resellers is just out of proportion for the harm they actually cause. What good do you think is going to come of shitting on them? Is it going to make them change their mind…
Just totally disagree with this. Him shitting in a forum post literally has no bearing on any other human on earth. The scum buying up every copy of some clearance game to make a profit of $9.83 is sad and pathetic and actually affects someone who may be trying to buy the game for their kid or as a gift or whatever.

I’m talking about reselling in general, not necessarily this particular game. It’s just sad and gross.

Its so funny to me. People in this specific thread lose their minds about the way corporate America treats its employees trying to save a buck, but doesn’t give a shit about how we treat each other, trying to save a buck.

Jeez the thread is just rolling with shit posts lately.

Back on topic with actual deal discussion is the 10 20 30 gift card promo thing actually working this time? As last time all the promos were derped up and didn't work due to overlap possibly.

People get mad at other people for prospering, that's how I see the hate towards resellers. If you want something so bad, put in the work or pay up. That's how society is now. I used to love this thread because of the flips we could do with Gamestop. If you didn't partake because of your "reselling morals" then you were just behind in the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back