2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got my gift cards but the 30% off promo witha new game doesnt work fyi
I noticed both 2 new get %50 off and spend $100 get $30 gift cards both sort of work. 1 will definitely kill the other if going for both in 1 transaction. Also certain games wont work for either promo. I tried buying Atelier Ryza 2 ps4 preowned with 2 new, by it self and with $100 preowned, just would not give any discount for that game. Wound up buying mix of preowned switch, xbox1, and ps4 games, but didnt trigger $30 gift card at $110 worth of preowned, had to add another game to get to $130 for the $30 gift card. Dont know if it didnt like one of my games or what, but didnt want to play around and have some of the games go OOS while finagling, like I did with Gravity Rush the other day, so I just bought the extra game. Guess I can always return it after I use the $30 gift card.

Gonna try my first price match in store. Best Buy near me has Yakuza LAD for $30, I just show the in stock online screen to the clerk right? Or is it not that simple?

Gonna try my first price match in store. Best Buy near me has Yakuza LAD for $30, I just show the in stock online screen to the clerk right? Or is it not that simple?
It hopefully is that simple. When I price-matched Walmart's $50.94 price for Mass Effect Legendary Edition, I only had to show the employee the price in the app and that it was Walmart's price at the closest store, then he scanned a barcode that rang up "Walmart Price-Match" and adjusted the price manually.

Just totally disagree with this. Him shitting in a forum post literally has no bearing on any other human on earth. The scum buying up every copy of some clearance game to make a profit of $9.83 is sad and pathetic and actually affects someone who may be trying to buy the game for their kid or as a gift or whatever.

I’m talking about reselling in general, not necessarily this particular game. It’s just sad and gross.

Its so funny to me. People in this specific thread lose their minds about the way corporate America treats its employees trying to save a buck, but doesn’t give a shit about how we treat each other, trying to save a buck.
Scum, sad x2, pathetic, gross; shitting on someone (or some group or type?) has absolutely no bearing on any human on earth? That’s an absolutely disgusting statement. That’s the only reason I’m replying to any of this, because it can on a personal level, but not on overall market forces, making it just petty message board clutter. If you have to shit on people to feel good about yourself, or you think it can change someone’s negative actions, find a worthwhile and deserving target rather than just the easiest socially acceptable. Yes, getting a PS5 is annoying, we should do something about botters and groups coordinating to give themselves an unfair advantage, but even that extreme does not cause much more harm than simple frustration or annoyance. Maybe I’m out of the loop, but frustration and annoyance is not an acceptable reason to spread hate towards a group or individual according to our current norms. In a functioning capitalist society, if the corporations are allowing it and don’t care to do anything to stop it, can even that be called scum? I don’t really like this being the case, but given everything else our public discourse accepts in the name of getting by or bettering ones life, I don’t think so, and it certainly doesn’t apply to anyone buying readily available non-essential commodities at discount with the same tools and chances as anyone else. The game someone bought 10 copies of, that started this, it’s still available for the same price, days later, with an even better pre-owned promo going on now. He has directly or indirectly been called trash, scum, sad, pathetic, gross, undeserving of any sympathy, and had financial misfortune wished upon him. That’s just in two posts, for doing what, harming who in this case? And that’s on a somewhat “sympathetic” game deals message board, he would be getting death threats on Twitter, Facebook, etc. That’s messed up. I don’t see that shit directed at house flippers.

Do you think gamestop has any other use besides this? This company is complete garbage, that preys on uniformed customers to trade in valuable games to turn for a profit, willing sells fake pokemon games, and sells opened games as "new". As a publicly traded US entity, I have no idea how they haven't been sued yet for all the crap they pull.
Because GameStop is not a video game store. It’s a pawn shop, and operated by those laws.

Most are worthless. The only ones worth real money were rare back then and are in pristine condition
I, of course, have a handful of based set cards that were bought and then put in a card binder but only have like 2 that are worth anything (shadow Blastoise and shadow Venusaur) and someone ended up with otherwise worthless cards.

EDIT* Also while people are talking about resellers/flippers, I hope most people realize that form 1099Ks are gonna be sent out to anyone receiving over $600 from third party payment systems starting in 2021 2022- curious to see how this impacts resellers.

I'll let it be known that I do resell... not just videogames (actually, rarely videogames). There is a slight scumminess to it, but overall, I have found that I'm actually taking an unwanted product away from someone that didn't want it and would most likely throw it out, or it was thrown out, and putting it in the hands of someone that really wanted it. I'm not only making people happy, but I'm saving the planet from trash and global warming here. I'm definitely doing God's work... It gets scummy when I people try to lowball, but that's mainly on them.

I've saved many a book from landfills.

I, of course, have a handful of based set cards that were bought and then put in a card binder but only have like 2 that are worth anything (shadow Blastoise and shadow Venusaur) and someone ended up with otherwise worthless cards.

EDIT* Also while people are talking about resellers/flippers, I hope most people realize that form 1099Ks are gonna be sent out to anyone receiving over $600 from third party payment systems starting in 2021- curious to see how this impacts resellers.
This actually starts Jan 1 2022. Here is hoping it gets repeeled before them. Or at least a revision to a higher number. It is currently $20000 and 200 transactions.

It does suck when some resellers do do a lot of shady stuff that makes the entire trade look bad. I've met my fair share of resellers that have been dicks to employees among other things but I find most are just average people selling stuff that stores, thrift shops and other people simply don't want and are trying to clear out selling to people who does want those goods but doesn't have the means to get it.

I don't blame people for looking down on reselling though, but I find that most people are just making an honest living like everyone else.

EDIT* Also while people are talking about resellers/flippers, I hope most people realize that form 1099Ks are gonna be sent out to anyone receiving over $600 from third party payment systems starting in 2021 2022- curious to see how this impacts resellers.
Yeah, that will be interesting. This will require anyone who transacts more than $600 for the year to receive one of these forms from PayPal, Amazon, or any other third-party transaction company, and the IRS will receive the report as well, meaning if you get one and don't report the income, you're leaving yourself exposed to having committed a tax violation. It's going to have a major effect, for sure.

I would assume the steelbook would be fine since it's a pre-order bonus and G2L is like a trade in for full credit. I'm down if FF7 is part of it.

As for the reselling I've been on this site since like 2003 and the reselling  debates were nuts back then.  Like every topic turned into one when people were doing buy 2 get 1 free or FYE trade ins EBgames morning updates (God I miss this so much). I remember getting into arguments with Jsweeny  about the same thing almost 20 years ago!

I try to avoid excess reselling just because the hassle isn't worth it when you factor in shipping + seller fees + hoping the buyer doesn't try to scam or have whatever issue with the item. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm scummy for doing it, that problem is entirely on them.

I remember a while back I read something about being able to use the monthly $5 coupon both online and in-store in some manner, does anyone know if that still works and if so what's the process?

I remember a while back I read something about being able to use the monthly $5 coupon both online and in-store in some manner, does anyone know if that still works and if so what's the process?
You can use it online by typing the code in under Promo Codes. However, good luck as it only works on maybe 15 percent of items and is a real pain.

So there is a banner for differing value gift cards for spending certain amounts on pre-owned games $19.99 and up. I have sackboy and mario tennis in my cart, both are on sale. It is using the pre-sale prices and put a $30 gc in the cart as well which should be for $100 and up but the sub-total is only $81. What is the likelihood that the $30 gc would be honored?

Does anyone know if FF7 Intergrade PS5 is going to be a G2L item? Are they even still doing G2L for many titles?
I was in store today to preorder a copy and asked. He checked and said “no” it’s not G2L, the only current one is ratchet and clank. And to clarify, G2L is not a return, it’s a trade in. You’d get store credit, not your money back.

That said, as far as I know GameStop preorder bonuses are not required to be returned when returning the game. So you should place the pre-order, pick up the game on release and then just return the game unopened a week later like I’m planning to do.

It’s not going to be a pro-rated return like at Best Buy, I’d be more concerned about them simply not having many steel books to hand out.

I pre-ordered the new dualsense colors on Amazon and it says they release on June 18th.
Yea I ordered them on Amazon too, but if I could get them earlier.. as in today, I would get them from GameStop and cancelled my Amazon

But I would guess GameStop would get theirs at the same time, june 18th as the rest of the retailers are the same date

Most are worthless. The only ones worth real money were rare back then and are in pristine condition
Pristine yes, rare not really. There are quite a number of cards valued in the 3-4 figures now, and that can be a nice chunk of change. People just never kept the old ones in mint condition, which is why they command a premium, but none of them are very rare.

So there is a banner for differing value gift cards for spending certain amounts on pre-owned games $19.99 and up. I have sackboy and mario tennis in my cart, both are on sale. It is using the pre-sale prices and put a $30 gc in the cart as well which should be for $100 and up but the sub-total is only $81. What is the likelihood that the $30 gc would be honored?
I would say you are 100% sure to get the $30 gift card being valid. Gift card calculations are being wonky at best. Had a few preowned that just wouldn't give any gift cards even though they were $55, and I had $110 in preowned that was only giving $20. Looks like you found the rare combo that works into your favor.

Just got the Fallen Legions and Gravity rush. Both the Fallen Legions came sealed and the Gravity Rush is in amazing condition just might need to swap the case out or use some goo gone to remove the sticker residue. Hope everyone has the same luck!

nmd i checked ebay and its that used sticker on the back that you have to slowly peel off
none of the people bothered to peel it

they all look like they have no wear
its a reprint for sure

I'm assuming this doesn't work but just curious if anyone's tried.

Based on the previous poster saying Mario Tennis & Sackboy adds a $30 GC to the order, when I removed one of the games, the GC stayed behind. It was there all the way up through the payment screen.

Has anyone tried checking out with just the one game to see if the GC is actually sent?

Edit: seems like the GC only stays around in the cart if you keep Sackboy. Cart quantities update correctly in other scenarios I tried.

Received my 2 Fallen Legions.  The PS4 one was sealed, the Switch was opened.  For an extra slap in the face, they put the super sticky sticker on the case so i will need some goo-gone to remove it.  I am still waiting on Gravity Rush.

For the guy who freaked out at people buying Fallen Legion - dont let your blood pressure rise over this.  I bought one copy for each system.  Hope thats ok with you haha.

I'm assuming this doesn't work but just curious if anyone's tried.

Based on the previous poster saying Mario Tennis & Sackboy adds a $30 GC to the order, when I removed one of the games, the GC stayed behind. It was there all the way up through the payment screen.

Has anyone tried checking out with just the one game to see if the GC is actually sent?

Edit: seems like the GC only stays around in the cart if you keep Sackboy. Cart quantities update correctly in other scenarios I tried.
This is nice 👍🏼 I’ve been wanting to play Sackboy, and it’s essentially $15.

Edit- My cart showed $30 GC with just Sackboy, but once I placed the order, the GC dropped to $10.

Received my 2 Fallen Legions. The PS4 one was sealed, the Switch was opened. For an extra slap in the face, they put the super sticky sticker on the case so i will need some goo-gone to remove it. I am still waiting on Gravity Rush.

For the guy who freaked out at people buying Fallen Legion - dont let your blood pressure rise over this. I bought one copy for each system. Hope thats ok with you haha.
He was talking about the people that was buying 5 and 10 copy's I believe.

Anyone else get an email from Xbox that you can trade in your Xbox One S for $185 gamestop credit or $100 cash?
Nope...and online the 1 TB S trades for $125, which is low in comparison to the other consoles. Sometimes it has even been as low as $110.

Anyone else get an email from Xbox that you can trade in your Xbox One S for $185 gamestop credit or $100 cash?
i got an email that my xbox one x is worth $260 trade credit or $160 cash with a special one time use code. The $160 cash seems to be the normal cash value while the $260 trade credit is $60 more than what they are currently offering everyone else.

Email titled "Turn your old Xbox One S into $$$! Claim up to $185 in trade-in value now!*" It says that because I have a next gen console (Series S) I'm eligible for this trade in offer. I was wondering what the regular trade in rate was going for but my GS app wasn't working so thank you inkcil

I've encountered something strange on the GS site. This may have happened to others here and I'm just not remembering it. I have the V2 monthly cert and found a game I want for $5 ($4.99 for technicality). When I add it to my cart the monthly cert isn't being applied. I noticed it is being applied to digital gift cards (psn, xbox, and eshop) and digital games. Has anyone else run into this in the past or maybe even recently?

I've encountered something strange on the GS site. This may have happened to others here and I'm just not remembering it. I have the V2 monthly cert and found a game I want for $5 ($4.99 for technicality). When I add it to my cart the monthly cert isn't being applied. I noticed it is being applied to digital gift cards (psn, xbox, and eshop) and digital games. Has anyone else run into this in the past or maybe even recently?
It has been a few months since I was last able to use my coupon on a $4.99 item.

It has been a few months since I was last able to use my coupon on a $4.99 item.
Yikes, that's not good. I was trying to find a cheap filler to add and came up empty. I find it funny/strange that it's working on digital items though.

Edit: Tried adding a cheap filler and no dice. Maybe they killed it from being used on anything less than exactly $5.

Neat... now if we could only check out for a digital currency purchase with coupon @ $0 w/o a credit card! heh (used my in-store coupons already... just need to use it online now!)

Neat... now if we could only check out for a digital currency purchase with coupon @ $0 w/o a credit card! heh (used my in-store coupons already... just need to use it online now!)
No kidding about having to use a credit/debit card to "purchase" digital currency for $0, lol. I don't know why companies started doing this. Can't even download a free mobile app or game or add currency (Google Play or Apple) w/o having a card on file.

I guess I'll head to a store tomorrow and use it there first and then use it for a cheap item online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back