2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They added a few decent switch games that qualify for 5 for $50. FFX (x2 is a code), FFXII,Trials and Collection of Mana.
Super tempted to grab some of those, but at this point I'd be buying them just for the sake of buying them.

Been trying my best to avoid doing that this year, it's been much harder than I thought, hah.

I hate these 5 for X promos. 
Every single time it just feels like you've got about an hour after they post the sale to get anything. 
Otherwise you just get to look through a list of games you would have purchased. 

Anyone experiencing issues with discount not being applied for the 5/$50? Guessing certain titles despite having been marked,aren't eligible which is a bummer :/

Do you all think I can combine the $5 trade in bonus + 30% trade in bonus promo towards Ratchet & Clank + use a redeemed $15 PUR certificate?

With GS I always feel like I'm asking for trouble by trying to get "cutre," but it seems like those three things should work.

Thoughts?

$5 trade-in bonus only counts for games on certain platforms with base value of $5:

attachicon.gif
GS trade bonus 6-10-21.png

This banner can be found on GameStop's E3 page near the bottom.
Nice find, thanks.

Anyone tried that $5 extra credit bonus today? Glad I waited for this deal if it actually works, have a bunch of random PS4 games idk what to do with but I guess they’re going to GameStop. Sucks they changed it from $2 base to $5 base but it seems they raised a lot of prices on things like COD WW2

Do you all think I can combine the $5 trade in bonus + 30% trade in bonus promo towards Ratchet & Clank + use a redeemed $15 PUR certificate?

With GS I always feel like I'm asking for trouble by trying to get "cutre," but it seems like those three things should work.

Thoughts?

Nice find, thanks.
In my experience, trade in bonuses have traditionally not stacked, even though one is a fixed amount and other a percentage based bonus. However, you should be able to stack your PUR cert with any single trade in bonus offer.

Anyone tried that $5 extra credit bonus today? Glad I waited for this deal if it actually works, have a bunch of random PS4 games idk what to do with but I guess they’re going to GameStop. Sucks they changed it from $2 base to $5 base but it seems they raised a lot of prices on things like COD WW2
I traded in a bunch of $5 & up Ps4 games today & they all got the bonus. Be careful, I've had stores in the past try to tell me I had to preorder a different game for each game I trade in. I only had to preorder one game to get bonuses on all my trades this time.

Anyone experiencing issues with discount not being applied for the 5/$50? Guessing certain titles despite having been marked,aren't eligible which is a bummer :/
Do you have several of the games that also qualify for the gift card promo? Thats seems to supercede the 5 for $50. I had 5 games, swapped one for another (one that is part of the GC promo) and instead of being $50 my cart jumped to $100 with a $10 gift card.

I traded in a bunch of $5 & up Ps4 games today & they all got the bonus. Be careful, I've had stores in the past try to tell me I had to preorder a different game for each game I trade in. I only had to preorder one game to get bonuses on all my trades this time.
Nice what did you end up preordering?

Traded in some switch and PS4 games today. The employee had no idea about the +$5 and implied it wasn’t listed in their system, but applied it anyway after seeing it on the website.

Do you have several of the games that also qualify for the gift card promo? Thats seems to supercede the 5 for $50. I had 5 games, swapped one for another (one that is part of the GC promo) and instead of being $50 my cart jumped to $100 with a $10 gift card.
Yes which was odd but regardless,I managed to get some or more that I wanted including Cyberpunk which was a steal for $10 instore. I just couldn't decide on either PS4 or XBO(Waiting to get Series X) so I went with more approach towards X. Trying to order more now

Two questions:

- Do you have to show the email for the $5 extra TIV? I don't see it on the website.

- Could I pick up the pre-ordered game from any store or does it have to be the one I pre-ordered at? I was thinking about Sonic Colors: Ultimate. 

Yes which was odd but regardless,I managed to get some or more that I wanted including Cyberpunk which was a steal for $10 instore. I just couldn't decide on either PS4 or XBO(Waiting to get Series X) so I went with more approach towards X. Trying to order more now
5 for $50 is for games $19.99 and under, $10,$20,$30 gift card offer is for games OVER $19.99 so promos shouldn't each other. Although Gamestop does like to Gamestop sometimes.

It was working with the giftcards earlier but it seems like they fixed it. That would have been an amazing boomerang to buy and trade games for slightly more or less than what you paid + get a $30 gift card.

Two questions:

- Do you have to show the email for the $5 extra TIV? I don't see it on the websi e.

- Could I pick up the pre-ordered game from any store or does it have to be the one I pre-ordered at? I was thinking about Sonic Colors: Ultimate.
Didn't have to show anything. YMMV, some employees might give you a hard time, but it applied automatically when I preordered a game after trading in my $5 & up Ps4 games. You can sometimes transfer your preorder to a different store. Its very YMMV as most of my nearby stores hate doing it, & will sometimes pretend it can't be done.

I guess we should all be ready to take a lunch break to the local GS to next Tue/Wed reserve *randomE3announcement* preorder(s)! 

My money is on a Metroid & Xenoblade edition switches pros.... :bomb:

5 for $50 appears to be no longer valid...Had some items in my cart now the promo is a no go! Funny thing the banner online is clearly still visible, how long was that promo going on for?

Haha the weekly ad says new dual sense is available 6/13, after website said 6/7 and then 6/11, but the individual page for the controllers say “expected” 6/14. Lol what a shit show with these controllers taking forever to show up

5 for $50 appears to be no longer valid...Had some items in my cart now the promo is a no go! Funny thing the banner online is clearly still visible, how long was that promo going on for?
Yeah, seemed to stop working at 1AM EST. Seemed there was a small window where some weekly ad prices went live at midnight and the deal worked at 1AM. I was too busy looking around and then it went down.

Yeah, seemed to stop working at 1AM EST. Seemed there was a small window where some weekly ad prices went live at midnight and the deal worked at 1AM. I was too busy looking around and then it went down.
Crap. Same. Just found my 5th game and when I went to check out it was triggering the B2G1 for Switch games instead

The new trade-in deal says $150 for Original Xbox One towards Xbox Series and Nintendo Consoles. I wanna get a Series X, but they're out of stock at GameStop. Could I get $150 GameStop trade credit or would they make me buy a Switch?

The new trade-in deal says $150 for Original Xbox One towards Xbox Series and Nintendo Consoles. I wanna get a Series X, but they're out of stock at GameStop. Could I get $150 GameStop trade credit or would they make me buy a Switch?
Good question. I just now noticed the +$50 on systems traded toward XBox Series or Nintendo Switch. Not sure. I'm asking myself the same.

Seems possible if not likely given the capitalization and the other framing that they've accidentally outed the New Nintendo Switch, but we'll see.

I am not excited for a Zelda poster... especially if a purchase is required. 

Unless they have additional skyward joycons pre-order slots...  :fridge:

If you ask nicely you can get the poster for free. First one I went to said "nope - buy $30 of stuff!!!" but then went to my good ole' homestore to do some +5s and got hooked up. I just showed my two pre-orders on my phone (B3G2!) and got two - they still had to check you out for $0.00 for a PREMIUM - BTR whatever that is  :oldman:

Valhalla dropped from 17 to 13 last night. So the bonus is just about regular value. Waiting and using a 30% bonus makes more sense, right?
forgot the values tanking part. My b. That’s my general approach. If they dropped, then probably wouldn’t hurt to wait if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back