2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone else that wanted to roll the GS dice - they had a restock of a bunch of retro stuff they still have listings for... likely a fun return trip with a bunch of label-less / fakes at the cost of shipping :oldman:

Gameboy / N64 / SNES / NES were what I looked into and decided to mostly stick to at least get 20% off - but probably missed out on some of the rarer titles if they did come back in stock.

zFvPXCD.png
They had hundreds of Pokemon in stock, I'm not going down that rollercoaster

Looks like a major restock of used games again, I just got a couple Switch games Ive been looking for a while.  Also lots of 3ds and 2ds in stock.

What about for free?
Like you don't have to pay shipping either? I guess that was the glitch he was talking about instead of the restock. I wouldn't even bother if you had to pay for shipping, if they were actually free with free shipping then I'd just give them away with purchases. Trying to sell ubisoft games is a PITA.

It's free + $5 shipping. I'm sure you can find creative ways to make use of multiple copies of AC III remastered for $5 and come out ahead.
Maybe play frisbee with them? I was kinda bummed I missed that glitch, then I realized the only title it applied to was a ubisoft turd and was less bummed :lol:

This restock is a much better deal than a "free" assassin's creed. Already spent a few k here.

So did anyone get any of the good handheld consoles if they came back in stock? I didn't check those before I had to go to the kid's swim team crap...

They had hundreds of Pokemon in stock, I'm not going down that rollercoaster
How can you tell how many they had in stock? I only can tell if it's like "1-5 left" in the cart.

I decided to give a few pokemon games a shot - worst case I return them and shift some credit between trade cards. :oldman:

Assassin's creed? Aren't ubisoft titles pretty much worthless. I wouldn't buy any of them.
I was going to trade in 4 copies on each of the 3 consoles (PS4, Switch, XBONE) and put the trade credit towards MetroiDread (each copy traded in for $5 before any promos) but all 12 of my orders were cancelled

I was going to trade in 4 copies on each of the 3 consoles (PS4, Switch, XBONE) and put the trade credit towards MetroiDread (each copy traded in for $5 before any promos) but all 12 of my orders were cancelled
Oh trade fodder... I guess that's a good use. But I don't want to ever step foot into a gamestonk again in my life now that they have online returns.

Two of my 3 Assassin's Creed orders have finally been canceled. The only one that hasn't is the Switch copy, because it's currently "out of stock". I'm sure they'll remember to cancel it at some point.

Edit: Well, never mind, not 2 hours later, and I got my last cancelation. The reason this time was "Sorry, due to high demand, we had to cancel your order", rather than the "Unfortunately, the item isn't available" BS excuse they gave me the first couple times.

Curious how they sent out different types of emails that say the same thing essentially. Surely, we'll all be getting coupons or something as compensation now.  :pray:   :roll:

Was able to return the 3 bundled games and controller for the disc version of the ps5 I ordered no questions asked. Probably helped that the employee who did it was newish and not too bright. I've taken advantage of her multiple times already lol.

Was able to return the 3 bundled games and controller for the disc version of the ps5 I ordered no questions asked. Probably helped that the employee who did it was newish and not too bright. I've taken advantage of her multiple times already lol.
Are we still doing phrasing? This guy’s bout to be #MeTooed

FYI anyone interested in the $19.99 and under %20 off sale, I was going to get 2 $19.99 games online, but with the discount it went under $35 , so no free shipping. Decided to add another game for free shipping and pleasantly found out deal is 2 or more games are 20% off. Wound up getting 5 19.99 preowned games, and all 5 got the 20% discount.

Picked up the Robotics notes and Dash double pack on sale for ps4 and switch $17.99 + 20% off,tack on another $19.99 and under PO and it was $14 and change for each. Seems like that might be the sweet price for this game.

So did anyone get any of the good handheld consoles if they came back in stock? I didn't check those before I had to go to the kid's swim team crap...

How can you tell how many they had in stock? I only can tell if it's like "1-5 left" in the cart.

I decided to give a few pokemon games a shot - worst case I return them and shift some credit between trade cards. :oldman:
the api exposes how many units are available for purchase

the api exposes how many units are available for purchase
I guess I'm at the age where I'll need the young kids to explain this internet web technology so me. Using Chrome - how does one look at the API? F12? /oldfogey

I dont know if this is the right place to ask but does Gamestop charge you upfront when you make a pre-order through their website?
About 1 week before the item ships. So for those that preordered with a promo - will still be taxed on the shipping!

Skyward sword switch had a price decrease to 49.99
Interesting... wonder if pre-orders will be reduced on pickup! Or just an artifact of a price match script that still needs tweaking....

How long do you have for trading in a G2L game. Planning to do it for Mario Golf

It says 48 hours after launch, but not sure what time is considered as launch

Also, is my receipt supposed to have some code for doing this

Nice thing to say about someone that did you a favor

Is there a way to see your preorders on the GameStop app still?
App is finkey, sometime you need to close it fully to have your order pop up. Pre-orders should show up under Orders as Active Pre-Orders , then your normal Order history should be below.

Nice thing to say about someone that did you a favor
No kidding - the correct way to word it would be more like :

"Was able to return the 3 bundled games and controller for the disc version of the ps5 I ordered no questions asked. Found a helpful employee that cared more about helping a customer out than metrics. I've filled out positive surveys for her multiple times already lol." :grouphug:

Random question for you GS regulars. My PS5 Ratchet and Clank bundle arrived today. Except it was missing Ratchet and Clank despite the game being listed on the packing slip. I called support and reported it, and they said they'd get a replacement out within 7 business days.

Given how helpful support for GS traditionally is, what are the odds my game actually ends up arriving?

Random question for you GS regulars. My PS5 Ratchet and Clank bundle arrived today. Except it was missing Ratchet and Clank despite the game being listed on the packing slip. I called support and reported it, and they said they'd get a replacement out within 7 business days.

Given how helpful support for GS traditionally is, what are the odds my game actually ends up arriving?
If you keep following up you will eventually be made whole. How many follow up attempts it takes varies

You will get it. Don't worry.

Their packing team seems to struggle. I actually got two controllers extra with my PS5 Returnal bundle despite only having one included in the bundle. 

You should get it. I've only had one instance out of several when I never received the replacement, and that was during the 2020 holiday season shipping disaster they went through

You will get it. Don't worry.
I agree with this. While I've had plenty of issues with Gamestop, they do always make it right. However it can take several attempts. I don't think they intentionally try to rip people off, I think they are just that disorganized. I've ran into issues with packages never being picked up by the carrier, damaged items, and even received just an empty case recently. They have taken care of everything so far but it can take some persistence in following up with them.

I feel like they will add more courses via DLC. I’m disappointed at the fact there is no online tournament mode.
There isn't? That's a pretty big thing to not include. I think they did say they were going to have regular free updates with new courses and characters but that doesn't mean much at launch if the game is short and doesn't have online tournamants.

Just got my ACIII from the glitch a couple days ago, and all of my orders except for 1 order of 2 XB1 versions got cancelled, but they both came sealed and on the receipt showed as $19.99 each. Might just return them and buy something I actually want. Not bad for $5.43 spent on shipping costs

Just got my ACIII from the glitch a couple days ago, and all of my orders except for 1 order of 2 XB1 versions got cancelled, but they both came sealed and on the receipt showed as $19.99 each. Might just return them and buy something I actually want. Not bad for $5.43 spent on shipping costs
Anyone who does this should be banned. Don't get a game for free and actually have the nerve to return it to the store to get $20 back. Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back