2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario Golf is at 75 on Metacritic. “Generally favorable.” 65% positive reviews, 34% mixed, 0 negative (Not sure what happened to the last percent). Scores aren’t everything but that hardly sounds like a let down.

Mario Golf is at 75 on Metacritic. “Generally favorable.” 65% positive reviews, 34% mixed, 0 negative (Not sure what happened to the last percent). Scores aren’t everything but that hardly sounds like a let down.
Agreed, I'm still getting it and am excited for it. It will definitely get more courses and I imagine an online tournament at some point after launch which are my only gripes from the reviews I've read. I think people expected it to be 9s and 10s, but Mario sports games just rarely get those kinds of review scores. Polygon seems to love it, people should go read their review.

I read that as 75% chance I'll like it. Not a solid C on a grading scale.

Anyone who does this should be banned. Don't get a game for free and actually have the nerve to return it to the store to get $20 back. Come on.
I sort of agree with your sentiment, but is this any different from buying and returning a game in order to keep the “free” pre-order steelbook? I wouldn’t do the first, but I don’t have any issues with the second.

I sort of agree with your sentiment, but is this any different from buying and returning a game in order to keep the “free” pre-order steelbook? I wouldn’t do the first, but I don’t have any issues with the second.
It's fraud, not that hard to comprehend

This thread gets so serious about fraud and opened products. Gamestop on cag; come for the trade-in promos, stay for the moral grandstanding.

Moral Police: Buy 3 Get 2 free - keeping the 2 (mostly) "free" ones, but returning/exchanging the 3 "paid" ones = G2G or UREBIILLL!  :fridge:

If anyone happens to take a picture of Mario Golf at Walmart, I would be interesting in seeing that picture.

Or is the app showing in store price good enough? Thanks!

Honestly, if someone were to take advantage of Gamestop, to "make things right", I don't have much of  a problem with it. You gotta get your money back somehow. Off the top of my head here's how Gamestop has stolen time/money from me over the last two years:

- BOGO promos where they cancelled the free game but charged me for the full price game

- Wasting points on pro coupons that don't work online

- "New" games that don't come sealed, and some that have not even come with the case/manual (including a steelbook edition)

- Online promos not honored (recentish one was like spend $100 on preowned games, get a $30 coupon, never got it). 

- Received fake games 

- Received PAL/other version of games

- Games never arrive

- Games are defective

- In store returns denied (received package too late or store thinks you are scamming them) and online returns didn't exist until recently. 

- In store returns would dock you $5 for shipping, even though it was free

- Said I picked up my games in store and charged me for them when I never did

- Pre-order bonuses not honored

- Received empty cases with no games

- Received the wrong game

- Tons of other things I'm sure I'm forgetting (feel free to add to the list!) 

You could argue two wrongs don't make a right, but if it makes both sides "whole" again, I'm not going to judge. If the only "purchase" you made in five years was getting free copies of ACIII, then yeah, it's a dick move, but I doubt that is the case. 

Any word on a bump this weekend?
No 'mwt' tags have been added for this upcoming week. Try again next month!

If anyone happens to take a picture of Mario Golf at Walmart, I would be interesting in seeing that picture.

Or is the app showing in store price good enough? Thanks/
It's YMMV on whether the employee will accept it as proof. I've been denied because they only go by what's available for shipping/pickup through walmart's website and not the in-store/app price. Win some, lose some. Don't burn bridges.

Honestly, if someone were to take advantage of Gamestop, to "make things right", I don't have much of a problem with it. You gotta get your money back somehow. Off the top of my head here's how Gamestop has stolen time/money from me over the last two years:

- BOGO promos where they cancelled the free game but charged me for the full price game

- "New" games that don't come sealed, and some that have not even come with the case/manual (including a steelbook edition)

- Online promos not honored (recentish one was like spend $100 on preowned games, get a $30 coupon, never got it).

- Received fake games

- Games never arrive

- Games are defective

- In store returns denied (received package too late or store thinks you are scamming them) and online returns didn't exist until recently.

You could argue two wrongs don't make a right, but if it makes both sides "whole" again, I'm not going to judge. If the only "purchase" you made in five years was getting free copies of ACIII, then yeah, it's a dick move, but I doubt that is the case.
Buy the stock. Hold to the moon. Win-win. Some of these can be blamed on human error. Others are flaws in the system. When system flaws exist, there will be people that take advantage of it. It's just human nature.

This thread gets so serious about fraud and opened products. Gamestop on cag; come for the trade-in promos, stay for the moral grandstanding.
zomG Fraud!

I really don't care what  exploits or shenanigans  people do to take advantage of Gamestop or any hypothetical scenarios of what Gamestop should do to someone on their behalf. But I do like the idea of holding GME (and AMC) to the moon!

I guess my only irk with returning AC3 after the free glitch is possibly hurting the employees metrics. When it comes to corporate and their backwards policies, they can take a long walk off a short cliff. I have no sympathy for a company that willingly put their employees at risk by claiming they were an “essential business” before COVID lockdowns.

If I return something I also buy a cheap game and get a gpg. I like my store and it helps them out.

Returning a free copy of aciii for $20 doesn’t hurt them as bad as buying a bunch of switches at a massive discount because of a website glitch. They lose money either way. The morality of screwing over GameStop is a tough dilemma.

Has anyone ever traded a phone to GS? What do they do to test them/confirm they're working?
It's been a couple years but they will reset it and make sure there is no pass code and check it for cracks/dead pixels and make sure the touch screen works. They also plug it in to make sure it takes a charge and whatnot.

Honestly, if someone were to take advantage of Gamestop, to "make things right", I don't have much of a problem with it. You gotta get your money back somehow. Off the top of my head here's how Gamestop has stolen time/money from me over the last two years:

- Received fake games

- Games never arrive

- Games are defective

The best part about debates concerning morality on here are all the people who persuade acceptance of the scummy shit they do through long-winded justifications. I didn't read past the first sentence of that, dude. There should be a commonly-accepted objective morality, but there isn't. It's cute that you guys go all "but but but, this stranger who said I was a bad guy needs to know I'm a good guy."

The best part about debates concerning morality on here are all the people who persuade acceptance of the scummy shit they do through long-winded justifications. I didn't read past the first sentence of that, dude. There should be a commonly-accepted objective morality, but there isn't. It's cute that you guys go all "but but but, this stranger who said I was a bad guy needs to know I'm a good guy."
The world isn't black and white my friend, there is a lot of grey. That's what makes morality not defineable/universally accepted.

Has anyone ever traded a phone to GS? What do they do to test them/confirm they're working?
I have and yes they do. They ask a bunch of questions then plug it into their system which pulls all the stats for the device. It was pretty straight forward unless you're trying to pull a fast one over on them. Dude in front of me brought in like 6+ old ass phones and had no information on any of them. They turned him away after a series of questions.

This is a deal discussion forum... the only metric that matters is how good of a deal you got, how much effort you needed to put in to get that deal, and sharing that deal to see how many others can scamble to get in before its dead! One man's moral gutter, is another's moral high ground. But by definition, we are all CHEAP and we're all ASSES some of us more more cheap / some of us are more asses. I'd like to think I am equally cheap and an ass.  :hot:  :cold:

Did I stay up till 2 am EST or to order 30 free copies of AC3 to pickup locally? fuck no - but I'm sure someone did and the stock of AC3 across the US changed the further west you got!  :whee:

You all talking about Assassin's Creed III?  I wouldn't take that game even you paid me.  Played that on PS3 and made me rage quit the series.  Although, I did enjoy the standalone Assassin's Creed: Liberation.

No 'mwt' tags have been added for this upcoming week. Try again next month!
Thanks, I always forget the search string or I guess I could’ve checked myself.

On another note, I haven’t tried price matching at GameStop myself yet, but I see Scarlet Nexus on Amazon for $49.99. Here’s to hoping it’s a smooth experience…(doubtful)

The extra 30% bump for trading in towards Mario Golf...is it 30% on top of what they show as a trade-in on their website, to just 10$ more then the Pro trade-in price?

The extra 30% bump for trading in towards Mario Golf...is it 30% on top of what they show as a trade-in on their website, to just 10$ more then the Pro trade-in price?
It's 30% total if you're a Pro member--the bonus for Mario Golf is 20% by itself and the Pro bonus is 10%.

So if the "Pro" price for the trade-in quote is $30, it would be $33? (10% additional bump)?
To use R&C: Rift Apart as an example, Gamestop lists its regular Store Credit value at $30. The Pro Store Credit value is $33, 10% more. If Rift Apart was traded in towards Mario Golf, the total value would be $39 ($30 + $3 Pro + $6 from 20% bonus towards Mario Golf).

To use R&C: Rift Apart as an example, Gamestop lists its regular Store Credit value at $30. The Pro Store Credit value is $33, 10% more. If Rift Apart was traded in towards Mario Golf, the total value would be $39 ($30 + $3 Pro + $6 from 20% bonus towards Mario Golf).
Thank you. Gonna dump some games this week and couldn't figure it out.

Better than nothing…
attachicon.gif
738B5083-866B-41FE-A17C-231C75E9E14E.jpeg
If I price match to this, will the 30% trade bump still work or will the promos fight? I know they have to scan some kind of price match barcode beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back