2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will attempt the impossible here in a minute: trade in with preorder bonus + price match + monthly $5. Cash register might blow.
Well, think they messed it up. Asking for price match threw a wrench and was too much for them. Traded in Mario Galaxy and asked to pick up Mario Golf. When I brought up the price match they hesitated and then spent 5 minutes finding the price match sheet. Asked if I wanted to use my $5 and I said yes, please. Got my receipt but it does not include the trade transaction and preorder deposit increased $10 and should have been $15.60 (by my bad math). So looks like I lost $5 on the trade but got them to price match (using just the in store price on the app).

Oh well. Safe thing would have been to trade in Mario galaxy yesterday but didn’t want to make multiple trips.

OH and got the PINS BOIS. I had to ask and they were like oh yeah…PS people are buying these pins for $15 on eBay.

Picked up a new Tony Hawk 1 & 2 remastered in store for $33.88 for PS4 with a price match from the website. Not sure if this a good deal or anything, but I was looking for a good pick up and play game. 

Picked up a new Tony Hawk 1 & 2 remastered in store for $33.88 for PS4 with a price match from the website. Not sure if this a good deal or anything, but I was looking for a good pick up and play game.
Not really, because it's a $10 upgrade for the PS5 version, if you care about that. You can buy the PS5 version of it for $42.

Plan on doing G2L for the first time with Mario Golf. Was able to PM WM based upon that GameFaqs shelf pick floating around on here. Also got the pin set, so not too bad overall.

Yeah, Mario Golf is pretty disappointing.  I wasn’t expecting much, but the promo videos looked good.  Running around and attacking each other while chasing after the ball and a golf adventure mode.  Some good ideas but pretty meh execution.  It’s not terrible, but controls and camera feel rigid and basic, and the switches last gen tech isn’t made up for with good art direction.  The characters, other than the always atrocious mii’s look good, but that’s about it.  Mario Tennis  Aces adventure mode was also short and limited, but better just by not having to play as clip art and courts having more interesting variety so far.  These golf courses and player environments are so generic looking for a Nintendo game.  Could have been golfing in the mushroom kingdom, what a waisted opportunity.

not really sure what i was expecting from mario golf but i am trading it in tomorrow. only made it to the 2nd course in adventure mode and i've had enough golf.

the gamestop i tried last night wouldn't let me price match based on the pic, said they needed to confirm on the store website...

Received Mario Golf and planning to do G2L but the packing slip price is messed up, showing 0 but the total is like $6. Anyone have this issue?

Received Mario Golf and planning to do G2L but the packing slip price is messed up, showing 0 but the total is like $6. Anyone have this issue?
sounds like people are paying 50 but getting 60 trade credit back so if yours is in the same realm you should be fine

I’m not gonna crap on anyone that does, but if you know you are going to G2L Mario Golf or another game, the offer is a really good offer, done by no other companies, still costing GameStop money, even without the $10 price match hit.  It’s their own terms and rules, your free to do so, but the more that do it just lessens the chance of future G2L for everyone going forward.  It sounds like getting price match is a pain for the employees as well, or they make it a painful process to get honored.  I don’t think it’s fraud, but I think it stretches the offer a bit far…advising restraint and “good enough” in our modern age though, who am I kidding, all’s fair in money and war, don’t hate the player hate the game, plenty of fine shitty promoted outlooks to choose from to justify much worse out there.

i find it funny that gamestop website price for mario golf matches walmart .com “59.88”

sneaky sneaky …

employees making price matching a painful experience just inconveniences everyone involved and really makes no sense considering how few “everyday joe’s” actually even know it exists.

You all talking about Assassin's Creed III? I wouldn't take that game even you paid me. Played that on PS3 and made me rage quit the series. Although, I did enjoy the standalone Assassin's Creed: Liberation.
Amen. Can't believe people were scrambling to get these turds. I got a bunch of Ass Greeds for around 1 or 2 dollars way way back in the day and it was a PITA to get rid of them. This game is freaking ancient and unlike Nintendo stonks, it's completely worthless.

My store told me that you arent supposed to be able to do g2l with price matching but would do it this time since the g2l code still printed out. Took them awhile though as they adjusted the value to the Walmart price.

Amen. Can't believe people were scrambling to get these turds. I got a bunch of Ass Greeds for around 1 or 2 dollars way way back in the day and it was a PITA to get rid of them. This game is freaking ancient and unlike Nintendo stonks, it's completely worthless.
I would otherwise agree with you... but the switch version of a game tends to hold its value better than the PS4/X1 version, regardless of what game it is. Even if the intrinsic value of the game itself is close to worthless.

The new weekly ad mentions new $10 GameCoin deals for Tales of Arise and Sonic Colors Ultimate. The latter is interesting because it'll be $39.99 at launch, so that's a pretty nice incentive.

The new weekly ad mentions new $10 GameCoin deals for Tales of Arise and Sonic Colors Ultimate. The latter is interesting because it'll be $39.99 at launch, so that's a pretty nice incentive.
Thinking the same. Will probably move over my Skyward Sword preorder to Sonic. Preorders should qualify too, right? Thanks!

Thinking the same. Will probably move over my Skyward Sword preorder to Sonic. Preorders should qualify too, right? Thanks!
The ad mentions preordering, but the fine print implies you just need to be a Pro member and buy the game within the first week of release o get the GameCoin offer in your account.

Anyone remember if last year there was a good 4th sale? Something at least like B2G1? This week's 20% is pretty weak...

The 20% off  2 under $19.99 is not great but I decided to do it anyway since Cyberpunk 2077 ($18.99), WatchDogs Legion ($15.99) and Monster Hunter World Iceborne Master Edition ($14.99) are all on sale. Maybe they are still on sale when they do B2G1 but don't want to risk. All three for $42.77. Monster Hunter is leaving gamepass so the timing is nice.

Any discount on gamestop gift cards? Need to pick up several ps5 games soon
There's a newer app called Slide that gives 4% back when you buy cards on there. I also have a referral link posted in the referral section of the site I'll link down below if you want to use it. You get $5 off your first 4 $10 cards and you get the cash back so you end up with $40 worth of Gamestop cards for about $19. Pretty awesome deal.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/373274-slide-referral-link-10-gift-cards-for-5/

There's a newer app called Slide that gives 4% back when you buy cards on there. I also have a referral link posted in the referral section of the site I'll link down below if you want to use it. You get $5 off your first 4 $10 cards and you get the cash back so you end up with $40 worth of Gamestop cards for about $19. Pretty awesome deal.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/373274-slide-referral-link-10-gift-cards-for-5/
Awesome! Thank you. If I use it, I'll make sure to use that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back