2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Monster Hunter Stories 2 CE from gamestop is pretty dented, anyone have success exchanging with customer support?
My first one came with a huge rip on the seal, but I was able to just return it and buy it again that same day. 2nd came pristine. But I doubt it’s still in stock to exchange. You may have to call around and see if anyone has an extra to sell first.

My first one came with a huge rip on the seal, but I was able to just return it and buy it again that same day. 2nd came pristine. But I doubt it’s still in stock to exchange. You may have to call around and see if anyone has an extra to sell first
Damn, I guess i'll just deal with mine... I wish it wasn't gamestop exclusive.

Damn, I guess i'll just deal with mine... I wish it wasn't gamestop exclusive.
If you have a local store you can go in and ask them to see if they can get a replacement from product request for the exchange. GameStop normally has a certain percent they don’t sell and keep in the warehouse for exchanges like this.

If you have a local store you can go in and ask them to see if they can get a replacement from product request for the exchange. GameStop normally has a certain percent they don’t sell and keep in the warehouse for exchanges like this.
Yeah, they can try and fulfill using a store that might have a copy. It is a longshot, but who knows.

Semi-related question - do they have a separate stock/inventory held or reserved to use for WEB-IN-STORE orders and pre-orders? I seem to recall some folks getting the Metroid Dread amiibos pre-ordered WIS while it was showing OOS online?  :whistle2:k

Semi-related question - do they have a separate stock/inventory held or reserved to use for WEB-IN-STORE orders and pre-orders? I seem to recall some folks getting the Metroid Dread amiibos pre-ordered WIS while it was showing OOS online? :whistle2:k
Yeah seems like they have started doing that for more popular items like I was able to order the loft wing amiibo, Metroid amiibo, Metroid special edition, and shin megami ce from WIS after they were sold out on the website

I saw this on SD, but are they doing the 10K bonus pts again to renewing PUR+ this week? There's no ad posted or anything nor has anyone actually tried it, just a SD user saying it's active.

I missed it the last go around and my PUR+ expires soon so it would be nice to have. 

Yeah, it is active. I renewed on Sunday and got the points the next day. It's also advertised in the weekly Emailer from last Sunday, on the way bottom.

I saw this on SD, but are they doing the 10K bonus pts again to renewing PUR+ this week? There's no ad posted or anything nor has anyone actually tried it, just a SD user saying it's active.

I missed it the last go around and my PUR+ expires soon so it would be nice to have.
Yeah, but every commentator in that thread said they're going to use it on digital currency, so don't be surprised if GS kills that in the future. If you're going to buy regular-priced items for $5 off, then it's still a good deal for "free".

Yeah, it is active. I renewed on Sunday and got the points the next day. It's also advertised in the weekly Emailer from last Sunday, on the way bottom.
I renewed with points yesterday, and the app history shows 300 points for membership renewal. What’s up with that?

I did it instore, it might be only for instore renewal. I didn't know about until the rep mentioned it.
Yes, I renewed in store. I’ve never done it before, they were doing something with the computer. I’m pretty sure they redeemed the points online for the coupon code and then manually entered it.
FWIW, that coupon also does say “can only be redeemed in store”.

Did I have to be at a “pro” store? I dunno if I was at one.

deadly premonition 2 runs really bad. Just a heads up.
Not a problem if I never actually play it :) Good to point out though, I did hear the FPS was nauseating. This one I just don’t see getting much lower if it doesn’t get a reprint, which is probably also unlikely? Will be a waste if it gets a PS4/5 version that actually runs, but oh well.

Valfaris though, I definitely recommend that if you want heavy metal contra the game. $8 is a new low price I’m pretty sure.

Not a problem if I never actually play it :) Good to point out though, I did hear the FPS was nauseating. This one I just don’t see getting much lower if it doesn’t get a reprint, which is probably also unlikely? Will be a waste if it gets a PS4/5 version that actually runs, but oh well.

Valfaris though, I definitely recommend that if you want heavy metal contra the game. $8 is a new low price I’m pretty sure.
Throwing in another recommendation for Valfaris. Very death metal-inspired story and gameplay, like if Brutal Legend was A) a good game, and B) totally down with ultraviolence (in a side-scrolling shooter). Played it around the same time as Mummy Demastered and Blasphemous, and it just felt right paired up with those titles.

In regards to the pro 10k bonus points renewal promo, I renewed on the 5th before the promo started. I just jumped on the live chat and asked if I could get the bonus 10k points and the support agent gave them to me! 

If you just renewed right before the promo I would definitely reach out to see if you can get the points. 

Yeah, but every commentator in that thread said they're going to use it on digital currency, so don't be surprised if GS kills that in the future. If you're going to buy regular-priced items for $5 off, then it's still a good deal for "free".
I really wish that people on certain sites (SD, Twitter, Reddit, etc.) knew how to not draw attention to things. It's like they can't help it. Oh well, it'll be good while it lasts.

What date do they use when applying the 7 day return policy? Date delivered or date ordered? I had to exchange a game and the cashier exchanged it for me as a courtesy even tho it was part 7 days of the order date. I have another item that I wanted to return but it's delayed by a week.

What date do they use when applying the 7 day return policy? Date delivered or date ordered? I had to return a game and the cashier returned it for me as a courtesy even tho it was part 7 days of the order date. I have another item that I wanted to return but it's delayed by a week.
Technically online orders have a 30 day return for any reason, many employees don't know this for whatever reason.

So the 10,000 points is only good for $5 off a regular-priced item, unless you're YMMV lucky with a digital item?
10k points buys you a $10 code though? Or am I just being a dummy and misunderstanding?
10k points gets you a $10 cert. The welcome reward of $5 is what can get you the digital currency as well as the monthly $5 certs.

I thought it was on the g2l sheet they have on the counter.
haven't been in store much lately and never really paid attention when I was.

I wish they'd keep that information on the trade page since they decided to add it to the site. Why bother creating content sections and banners for it to only be listed for a couple of days.

DotD includes B3G2 on PS4 $29.99 and under. I didn't do too much digging but found this batch. Each game has a $12 base TIV. Feel free to share the scraps all around.

Jurassic World Evolution ($19)

NFS: Hot Pursuit Remastered ($19)

Sonic Team Racing ($19)

Naruto Shippuden 4 (Free)

Zombie Army 4 (Free)

----------------------------------------------------

Total cost: $57 + tax

Potential Flip: $60 Base ($78 w/ bonus)

I saw a few people mention that they were waiting on their 10,000 points from this week's Pro sign up promo. I renewed my Pro membership yesterday online and today I received my 10,000 points plus 600 points.

How early can you renew your PUR Pro membership? Mine comes up in November I think...but the deal is pretty good for renewing..

I tried it on a $10 PSN digital card, and it wouldn't work. I think they fixed the glitch...if there was ever a glitch to begin with.
Slickdeals is to blame. Someone posted about the PUR renewal there and you had tons of people blabbing about using it on PSN gift cards there. Whenever that happens you can basically guarantee the deal will either be over by the next day or not too long after that.

DotD includes B3G2 on PS4 $29.99 and under. I didn't do too much digging but found this batch. Each game has a $12 base TIV. Feel free to share the scraps all around.

Jurassic World Evolution ($19)

NFS: Hot Pursuit Remastered ($19)

Sonic Team Racing ($19)

Naruto Shippuden 4 (Free)

Zombie Army 4 (Free)

----------------------------------------------------

Total cost: $57 + tax

Potential Flip: $60 Base ($78 w/ bonus)
That's a lot of work for only $21. I could go to sleep for half of my lunch break and make the same amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back