2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot of work for only $21. I could go to sleep for half of my lunch break and make the same amount.
it's pretty minimal if they live near a GS. Order games, bring to gs and trade them in. Only risk is the 30% promo going away or the games dropping in value by the time they receive them.

That's a lot of work for only $21. I could go to sleep for half of my lunch break and make the same amount.
Everything is relative. I work for a Fortune 500 company and make around $100 an hour, sometimes much more depending on bonuses so I don't bother with flipping games but some people have lower incomes so it seems like a good opportunity for them. I try not to be judgmental towards other people because I remember when I was in the same situation. I remember once when we had literally nothing to do at work all day so I got paid $1,000 to play Mario Kart on the Nintendo Switch online all day in my office on the company Wifi with the rest of my employees.

Everything is relative. I work for a Fortune 500 company and make around $100 an hour, sometimes much more depending on bonuses so I don't bother with flipping games but some people have lower incomes so it seems like a good opportunity for them. I try not to be judgmental towards other people because I remember when I was in the same situation. I remember once when we had literally nothing to do at work all day so I got paid $1,000 to play Mario Kart on the Nintendo Switch online all day in my office on the company Wifi with the rest of my employees.
gauntlet thrown down, i guess if Blade wasnt sleeping on his lunch breaks he could get a higher paying job, not that he is doing bad, but this guy is doing much much better.

You're right. But why do you take umbrage with GS flipping? People who do Bing/Microsoft Rewards are doing searches for literally like a tenth of a penny. You'd have to do a whole month of searches just to get roughly $10.

I mean, I ordered the games using credit, they will get shipped to me and I hold until a good trade deal comes around and then free credit. Ez pz.

Everything is relative indeed. I made over $50,000,000 selling GME options this spring that I was able to finally quit my job as a Lawyer Doctor at Amazon to focus on my true passion, which is reselling Funko Pops that I find in the GameStop dumpster on Craigslist. That reminds me of a fun story, one time I was performing surgery in the middle of an anti-trust court case for Mr. Bezos, and he literally just told me to take the rest of the day off because we had bought out the entire jury. We spent the rest of the day playing whack a mole and snorting crushed up sweet tarts at the nearby Chuck E Cheese together.

Anyway, anyone have any good recommendations for the 5 for $10 sale on preowned going on?

Anyone know how long it typically takes to get the welcome coupon for the membership? I subscribed yesterday because of the deal for 10,000 points and have not received the $5 welcome coupon yet. Wondering when I should try to contact support.

Anyone know how long it typically takes to get the welcome coupon for the membership? I subscribed yesterday because of the deal for 10,000 points and have not received the $5 welcome coupon yet. Wondering when I should try to contact support.
There's a $5 off code at the bottom of your receipt.

Damn Gamestop website. I put Medievil in my cart to use that b3g2 deal yesterday and they changed the game to in store only. Now the game is hidden in my cart and I can't remove it to order anything. Cart says empty but it shows 1 item. I tried the app and different browsers but no dice. Is there anyway to completely empty the cart?

Damn Gamestop website. I put Medievil in my cart to use that b3g2 deal yesterday and they changed the game to in store only. Now the game is hidden in my cart and I can't remove it to order anything. Cart says empty but it shows 1 item. I tried the app and different browsers but no dice. Is there anyway to completely empty the cart?
they messed the cart up with this b3g2, probably just wait for them to sort it out

You may have to delete cookies, but give this a try:

1. logout of account
  2. add item to cart
  3. login to your account
  4. go to cart and remove item from cart
  5. hopefully will have an actual empty cart now
If that doesn't work, then you may have to delete cookies in your browser to fully kill the cart.

Can someone remind me how hardware (switch oled) pre-orders work? Can I pre-order and pick in store pickup? Also, will I be charged at the time of the pre-order or when I pick up? Finally, if there's a trade in promo on launch day, that should work towards pre-orders correct?

Can someone remind me how hardware (switch oled) pre-orders work? Can I pre-order and pick in store pickup? Also, will I be charged at the time of the pre-order or when I pick up? Finally, if there's a trade in promo on launch day, that should work towards pre-orders correct?
the online preorders would ship to you

So if you trade in your Switch, it's a $150 upgrade? What a rip.
Not to mention those traded in Switches will sell like hotcakes anyway.
You can literally sell a switch right now for about $300. Does GameStop know something we don't? Incoming switch price cut?
They sell them pre-owned for $280, so just the usual high profit margins on pre-owned stuff.

I'm really on the fence about the new switch.  I currently have a Lite which is fine for now.  However I know the joycons could easily break and I'd be screwed.  Did any stores have any Switch console deals on Black Friday in 2019 or 2020?  Even if it was full price but came with something extra?  I'd be fine waiting but if they never have any deals on BF then theres no point.

I'm really on the fence about the new switch. I currently have a Lite which is fine for now. However I know the joycons could easily break and I'd be screwed. Did any stores have any Switch console deals on Black Friday in 2019 or 2020? Even if it was full price but came with something extra? I'd be fine waiting but if they never have any deals on BF then theres no point.
swtich was bundled with mario kart last bf

Doubt OLED Switch will have any discount this holiday. Expect another regular Switch with Mario kart bundle. Retailers might do $25 gift card with any Switch system but I wouldn’t expect more than that.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but figured it can't hurt to ask you fellas:

Can I use a redeemed "GameStop.com Reward Certificate" and/or the monthly PUR $5 cert on an xbox gift card?

I want to buy the digital version of F1 2021 for the Series X. Obviously straight from the console's store would be the main option, but I have those PUR points just sitting there, unused.

Thank you!

Any other good trades? Watchdogs looks good.
Sorry but I haven't even been checking lately. I've been too stressed out and busy lately to even bother trading in any games. Watchdogs is probably the best one right now especially if you got it on discount recently.

It's probably already been documented here, but I just found out rewards certificates no longer work on amazon or eBay gift cards

I have to ask why is it every time someone talks about trading in something to GS you always post about yourself lmao
Because he wants to impress all of us with how much he makes, as nobody else IRL cares nor will listen to him. Same with soonerdoc being a doctor and Jurai always getting deals nobody else knew about.

Real neat stuff.

Doubt OLED Switch will have any discount this holiday. Expect another regular Switch with Mario kart bundle. Retailers might do $25 gift card with any Switch system but I wouldn’t expect more than that.
I bet Gamestop will have a Black Friday doorbuster bundle = OLED Switch with a 4 ft Ethernet Cable, Privacy screen protector, and $54.99 gift card for $399.99! :fridge:

1 day shipping from gamestop! and it was a complete ps4 game, of course, the other 4 games show shipped but haven't even been picked up yet, but it's the little victories, right?

You may have to delete cookies, but give this a try:

1. logout of account
  2. add item to cart
  3. login to your account
  4. go to cart and remove item from cart
  5. hopefully will have an actual empty cart now
If that doesn't work, then you may have to delete cookies in your browser to fully kill the cart.
Thank you kind sir, this worked. I guess it refreshed the cart on their end.

I have to ask why is it every time someone talks about trading in something to GS you always post about yourself lmao
Listen, I just want you to know.

I make a lot of money.

Unrelated, does anyone want 30 copies of katamari reroll on switch? No reason in particular...

Did the monthly PUR $5 cert change to in-store only recently? I wanted to use mine online but it says it's instore only... 

If it is in store only, can I use to renew my PUR and still get the bonus pts this week? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back