2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you forfeit your reward certificate & monthly coupon when returning an item, you used them on

Thinking of returning & rebuying Zelda joy cons to get $10 back, but used cert & coupon

The 10k promo has never been in the ad. Just the emails. The one from Sunday and another one from this morning advertises it. But I understand the skepticism since GS is pretty incompetent half the time.
i am pretty sure i saw it in the ad for last week. didn't realize it was in today's email as well or i would have added another year to my membership.

edit: looks like i only got a nintendo news email from GS and it doesn't mention the PUR bonus.

It was in yesterday's email.

Screenshot-20210719-164219-Gmail.jpg

I knew GameStop treated its employees like ass, but some of those Reddit posts are absurd. I feel bad for them.

I knew GameStop treated its employees like ass, but some of those Reddit posts are absurd. I feel bad for them.
Sadly that's normal for jobs in general in this country now, it's not just GS. Treat your employees as shitty as possible, pay them the least amount you can, set unrealistic goals, don't appreciate employees when they work their ass off for you everyday, etc. then call people lazy when you can't find employees or they quit on you. There's a reason so many people are dropping out of society. You get no appreciation when you attempt to contribute so why bother?

Question.  I got one of the ps5 bundle last week.  What is the chance the store will let me return the bundle item minus the gift card or is gift card/credit the best i can do?

Yay, my points showed up from my renew on Sat. Was afraid I'd have to call them. Too bad it looks like they went back to in store coupons...

Having worked in retail, I can sympathize with them but honestly, go read the posts for any retail job in any subreddit and you'll see the same basic things at every retailer. Fact of the matter is, people are just assholes to retail employees.

I was mistaken about the email. I was only looking at Sunday's email. But GS employees are complaining that their Pro sales goals this week are even higher than last week's, so that's a good sign that it is happening: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/omu17j/3540_pro/
It's bittersweet to see that I was not the only one that gamestop was forcing renewing pro on even tho i'd already renewed. They just took me a step further and canceled my pro when I reported their business practices - probably hoping i'd suck it up and just get pro again increasing their metrics further (1 person - 3 pro renewals)

not sure if we talk about this much anymore or if perhaps it was mentioned within the last year, but at some point Planescape Torment and Icewind Enhanced Edition had new copies converted to used on playstation 4. just got a new copy with my buy 3 get 2 free order.

Are there still certain weekends with trade bumps? Any idea on when the next one will be?

Also can the $5 you get on the receipt for renewing PUR be used for Xbox Credit?

Biomutant $29.99 DOTD.
Very tempted (even with the mediocre reviews), but might as well wait for sub $20, which should be happening any week now.

FYI you can stack this deal with other items to get that $10 off $75 deal, if you had something else in mind to pick up anyway. I wasn't sure if DOTD items would qualify, but this one did at least.

Very tempted (even with the mediocre reviews), but might as well wait for sub $20, which should be happening any week now.
I have a hard time buying anything this time of year. In a few months everything will drop for holiday sales. I think the black friday sales will be pretty crazy this year to try and get people in stores.

Is there anyway I can take advantage of both the $50 Skyward Sword HD price point online and the 30% trade-in promotion?
Yup, you just go in and trade a bunch of stuff toward it and then have them price match. Did it on Friday, there's no conflict.

Three of the last 4 brand new games I ordered from Gamestop were opened as usual. Stay classy, Gamestop.

Last edited:
I cant get the 10 dollars off to work. I have tried many iterations with skyward sword and it won't apply the discount. I have added new games, used games and amiibos. Any advice is appreciated.

I cant get the 10 dollars off to work. I have tried many iterations with skyward sword and it won't apply the discount. I have added new games, used games and amiibos. Any advice is appreciated.
Call customer service, ask for your points back, and get an in store cert next time. All you can do. Their phone support has gotten better lately, in my case, but I remember that being a pain when I had to deal with it. Lastly, remember to have fun. Trying to explain and argue why you should be entitled to your points back if you can’t use them is part of the deluxe experience if your lucky.

Sorry guys. My post wasn't clear. I am trying to trigger the 10 dollars off 75 or more. I add sky ward sword and tokyo mirage sessions and it doesn't work. I tried other games like ps4, switch and amiibos and it still won't work. Maybe I do have a glitch on my account.

Found a used copy of skyward sword and was able to use a birthday coupon and stack with promo.

Dear GameStop employees,

1) Stop being smug assholes when people call to check for a used copy of a just released game, someone somewhere ALWAYS trades in whatever the new hotness is within a couple of days, so can the condascending attitude and just look up the damn game. So many times over the years some chump will say “oh that game just came out you won’t find it used” only to find a used copy nearby when they actually check the system.

2) Stop making up fake ass gatekeeping rules for used copies of new “hot” games. The hold policy for a call in customer is till the end of the day, not whatever bullshit timeframe you make up to try ensure they won’t be able to pick it up. The popular one I have run into several times is “oh this game is NEW so we can’t hold it for you for longer than…(insert made up timeframe that isn’t till end of day)

Sorry guys. My post wasn't clear. I am trying to trigger the 10 dollars off 75 or more. I add sky ward sword and tokyo mirage sessions and it doesn't work. I tried other games like ps4, switch and amiibos and it still won't work. Maybe I do have a glitch on my account.
Oh, in that case just try with some normal price games and see what happens. You can’t have multiple promos or discounts.

I think its only on preowned games, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know how Gamestop handles purchase requirement discounts and partial returns? I got $20 off my purchase but I made a mistake and one item was the wrong version. The receipt shows $20 being taken off just one item. if I return the other item, will that $20 discount remain?

Does anyone know how Gamestop handles purchase requirement discounts and partial returns? I got $20 off my purchase but I made a mistake and one item was the wrong version. The receipt shows $20 being taken off just one item. if I return the other item, will that $20 discount remain?
whatever the price it says next to the game on the receipt you got in the package is the price you will get back, normally what you get back is the full price if you got discounts it returns all. but i cant say for sure.

GameStop now prorates their Buy2get1 1 deals online. The last time I ordered 3 $12.99 games together the receipt displayed 1 $12.99 game, the other 2 ganes were split into $6.50 each on the receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back