2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the Buy 5 for $50 - used promo work if I have some orders bought previously online and want to return and repurchase with this promo? I bought 2 copies of Deadly Premonition 2 before the sale started.

The only problem is not store inventory is low. I was wondering if it's possible to order 3 more games via store web order would be possible when returning 2 of my online orders in store?

Went to check my Aug monthly. It's V3. Can someone explain the version(s)....and maybe why it's different for each month/person.

any good flips using that 5 for $50 deal?
So many.

Xbox One
——

RIDE 4

Team Sonic Racing
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered

PlayStation 4
——

Port Royale 4

Team Sonic Racing

Nintendo Switch
——

Race With Ryan

Untitled Goose Game

Sonic Forces

Additional hint: Sort by games under $10 for all platforms. There are far more gems to take advantage of for the past few weeks with the 20 percent off sale.

Will the Buy 5 for $50 - used promo work if I have some orders bought previously online and want to return and repurchase with this promo? I bought 2 copies of Deadly Premonition 2 before the sale started.

The only problem is not store inventory is low. I was wondering if it's possible to order 3 more games via store web order would be possible when returning 2 of my online orders in store?
It depends on the store and employee if they want to help you out. YMMV. But the WIS will probably charge you shipping since it'll be $30, less than a normal online free shipping limit.

So many.

Xbox One
——

PlayStation 4
——

Nintendo Switch
——

Additional hint: Sort by games under $10 for all platforms. There are far more gems to take advantage of for the past few weeks with the 20 percent off sale.
Hmm very few are available near by. How often to trade in prices change? Every day right? I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to get them shipped.

Hmm very few are available near by. How often to trade in prices change? Every day right? I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to get them shipped.
The other issue with shipping is that despite what you order says they may deduct a “handling charge” from all games making returns cost money and/or aggravation

fedex usually ships fast

even if the price goes down you can just return whatever tanked, you ahve 30 days to do it online

Trade-in values have been the same for weeks and I got an account banned — if that helps your decision.

You got your account banned for flipping? How much did you do?
Not too much — maybe around $1200 in trade-ins, but I miscounted how many of a game I traded in. That got me trade banned, but the account also got completely banned because I'm guessing it got flagged as a reseller since I had several consecutive online orders with several items.

I would wait and make sure that port royale 4 TIV doesnt go down today, it just went on sale and I wouldnt be surprised if the value just hasnt been adjusted online yet.

Not too much — maybe around $1200 in trade-ins, but I miscounted how many of a game I traded in. That got me trade banned, but the account also got completely banned because I'm guessing it got flagged as a reseller since I had several consecutive online orders with several items.
are you ordering on a new account with a different card or what?

thought if you get banned they flag your card on new accounts

are you ordering on a new account with a different card or what?

thought if you get banned they flag your card on new accounts
Yeah, different account. It's worked without any hitches, so I can't be sure what they flag, exactly.

I would wait and make sure that port royale 4 TIV doesnt go down today, it just went on sale and I wouldnt be surprised if the value just hasnt been adjusted online yet.
Preowned price and trade-in value have been the same since at least July 18.

I heard a new one earlier this week. Thought I'd share so you don't fall for it.

"It seems that you are eligible for a free year of PUR. Would you like for me to get that for you?

"Hmm? Free for another year?"

"Yes"

After thinking about it for a second
"O. Do you mean I have enough points to get another year"

"Yes."

"O. No thank you. I'll hold onto the points"

I feel like lucky charms. Always trying to steal my shit

I heard a new one earlier this week. Thought I'd share so you don't fall for it.

"It seems that you are eligible for a free year of PUR. Would you like for me to get that for you?

"Hmm? Free for another year?"

"Yes"

After thinking about it for a second
"O. Do you mean I have enough points to get another year"

"Yes."

"O. No thank you. I'll hold onto the points"

I feel like lucky charms. Always trying to steal my shit
You're lucky they didn't do it anyways. They always act so holy on the Gamestop subreddit, but the employees are self-serving dickholes sometimes.

Hmm, I read about them being able to print $5 codes at the register, but maybe that's only for eshop & Xbox codes and not PSN? Either way, they added 5000 points to my account due to the coupon not working so I guess it worked out in the end.

The PUR welcome bonus code I got also seems to be V4 and I can't use it on anything I try online.
Yeah you read correctly. The only thing to note is if you decide to get a digital PS code printed on receipt, it has to be $10 as sony doesnt offer $5 codes unfortunately. Also good that you were reimbursed 5k for their coupon that doesn’t even work.
Recently when my store was out of 10 cards I asked to get one printed on the receipt and they told me that Sony stopped letting them do that. That was about 3 months ago I think. It was a pain because every store near me was out of $10 cards for weeks. Not sure if they changed it back since then.

uWu said gamer noises .When you've been around for years but only semi recently made an account so you can't get into the cool discussion thread. I promise I'm not some asshole who is going to crosspost deals everywhere for clout (In fact, I've actually called people out on Slickdeals for taking the posts from here and moving them over). Can anybody pretty please let me into the cool kids club?

It's not gonna matter for those of us who have been on site for awhile and had to remake accounts due to losing info on previous. If set on direct guidelines,that's how goes unfortunately unless change of heart

It's not gonna matter for those of us who have been on site for awhile and had to remake accounts due to losing info on previous. If set on direct guidelines,that's how goes unfortunately unless change of heart

uWu said gamer noises .When you've been around for years but only semi recently made an account so you can't get into the cool discussion thread. I promise I'm not some asshole who is going to crosspost deals everywhere for clout (In fact, I've actually called people out on Slickdeals for taking the posts from here and moving them over). Can anybody pretty please let me into the cool kids club?
No. Keeping the "fLiPs" and glitches low-key are the only way jook, gospel, sephiroth, jurai and others are able to put fast food on the table. We can't jeopardize that.

What are the qualifications to get into those forums? I've been hear for years and have been active. Seems like it's pretty arbitrary.

Huuuge YMMV but I returned the 2 copies of Deadly Premoniton 2 in store that I bought online recently. They were not ringing up the same used prices as online ($16.99 used). Also told me it must be in stock on their website in order for them to PM it, but assistant manager went ahead and price matched it anyway. I bought 3 more games in store for the 5 for $50 deal!

I made around $800 in credit through boomerangs and other flips and have a list of 25 titles that are easy money makers. I know that people don't want to post it here because of Slickdeals lurkers and Wario64. I tried going into the veteran's thread to post it but since I'm a newer member it won't let me post the list. Sorry guys.

I made around $800 in credit through boomerangs and other flips and have a list of 25 titles that are easy money makers. I know that people don't want to post it here because of Slickdeals lurkers and Wario64. I tried going into the veteran's thread to post it but since I'm a newer member it won't let me post the list. Sorry guys.
Feel free to pm me and I’ll post it giving you credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back