2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a good time to get a game like Tamagotchi Wife.
Hope you guys picked up what I was putting down. This was a better flip at $17 base than anything I’ve seen posted (update: Nope, Tax corrected me) - secret insiders and not. Sold out for now.

I am kind of sad + happy I've been pro-de-moted from flipper to lurker. (still banned).  :oldman:

I wonder if they'll ever do +$10 for PS5 games again, or if that was a one time thing?

Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS) is $8.99 used or $11.99 new. Doesn't seem to be available anywhere else brand new (outside of eBay). Best if purchased in a separate store pickup order.

Hope you guys picked up what I was putting down. This was a better flip at $17 base than anything I’ve seen posted - secret insiders and not. Sold out for now.
Think you may have missed my post with Port Royale 4 and RIDE 4.

Additionally, Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Xbox).

I just want to reiterate there are an absurd amount of flips right now. I promise most of them are looking you right in the face.

I don't know if I want to risk buying these flips online and waiting for them to arrive. By that time the values will drop. Sometimes I get the games in a day or two, other times they've taken up to a month.

I'll probably go in store and try to do it that way.

I don't know if I want to risk buying these flips online and waiting for them to arrive. By that time the values will drop. Sometimes I get the games in a day or two, other times they've taken up to a month.

I'll probably go in store and try to do it that way.
But you don't understand, that $10 "profit" is too sweet to pass up!

But yea, if you have a job you probably shouldn't waste your time.

But you don't understand, that $10 "profit" is too sweet to pass up!

But yea, if you have a job you probably shouldn't waste your time.
There are 2 GameStops on my way to the gym from work so it shouldn't be a big deal. But yeah, the flips are not worth it so much because you have to buy too many games to make a few bucks.

Sorry as I know this has been answered before (can't seem to locate it though), what cards can tic be used for? Only gaming or is Netflix and other services still allowable? I know Amazon and other vendors are definitely a no no now.

Bummed I missed out on sakura wars but it is what it is. at least I got a few gems that were still in stock. fist of the north star was already 13.xx which is surprising as It was out of stock after the author of berserk passed away and was already going for around 29. also got judgement, ggo fatal bullet, steven universe save the light and adventure time pirates. 

Sakura Wars shot way up. Was $19.99 at the beginning of the promotion, increased to $22.99 making it ineligible for the promo, and now it's $54.99 like a damn new release. Must have been selling like hotcakes to get such a drastic price jump.

There are 2 GameStops on my way to the gym from work so it shouldn't be a big deal. But yeah, the flips are not worth it so much because you have to buy too many games to make a few bucks.
First off, that dude is a troll. He is just going to take the inverse position. The whole job thing doesn't even make any sense considering the point of this site is to save money. From 2010-2015 thanks to Amazon and Gamestop trade ins, I've purchased tens of thousands of dollars in videogames and consoles without spending a single dime and invested my work income. If I didn't do trade in loops, my work income would have went to one or the other.

Secondly, don't use your money, use your trade in credit. With the 30% promo you should be looking at least $78 in credit for the $50+ purchase plus Power Up rewards from the purchase and additional points once you trade the games in. Compound that with multiple trade ins and you'll be overflowing with credit after a few trade ins.

If the values drop before they arrive in the mail, just return the games in store

I just want to reiterate there are an absurd amount of flips right now. I promise most of them are looking you right in the face.
I must be missing some because I did get some switch titles yesterday but haven’t really looked into the other platforms to see what I’m not catching.

Bummed I missed out on sakura wars but it is what it is. at least I got a few gems that were still in stock. fist of the north star was already 13.xx which is surprising as It was out of stock after the author of berserk passed away and was already going for around 29. also got judgement, ggo fatal bullet, steven universe save the light and adventure time pirates.
Heads up on fist of the North Star, I’m pretty sure it got a reprint. You will probably get a red case new copy that has been converted to pre-owned

Heads up on fist of the North Star, I’m pretty sure it got a reprint. You will probably get a red case new copy that has been converted to pre-owned
Can't really call it a reprint since it's just the GH release. I ordered this like a month ago during the last "Buy X for $Y" sale and got a GH release- exactly as you described though, basically a new copy converted to used. I was pretty surprised because I did not expect this game to meet GH requirements... if one exists.

Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS) is $8.99 used or $11.99 new. Doesn't seem to be available anywhere else brand new (outside of eBay). Best if purchased in a separate store pickup order.
Unless you're lucky and your Walmart still happens to be clearancing out 3DS games. I just picked this up a few weeks ago for $10 and it was literally the last 3DS game the store looked to have on shelves.

Damn I had some fun getting 30/50% off some games with the deadly premonition 2 glitch. Now that the CAG account tweeted it out, it’s dead and the game is OOS. Worth it if you actually wanted to play/own Deadly premonition 2 (which I did)

Worth it if you actually wanted to play/own Deadly premonition 2 (which I did)
I could have sworn this game was on PC as well; probably got it confused with the first game.

I had heard it had terrible technical issues on Switch, so I was holding out for when I had time to play it on PC (operating on that belief). Then I looked, and no PC version.

Ah well, I will wait until they port it; if they ever do.

Stupid question to some but, if I order a bunch of pre owned games, what are the odds of them being complete with a case? 25/75? If I order a bunch and some are incomplete, can I return them in store prorated? I hate incomplete games but there are a bunch I'd like to get with the 5/$50 sale.

Stupid question to some but, if I order a bunch of pre owned games, what are the odds of them being complete with a case? 25/75? If I order a bunch and some are incomplete, can I return them in store prorated? I hate incomplete games but there are a bunch I'd like to get with the 5/$50 sale.
I don't know the percentage but I have been able to trade the generic case for a real one if the Gamestop near me has it in stock. I'd say I have bought maybe 15 pre owned games from Gamestop online and 70% came in the original cases.

Generally more recent games are more likely to come complete but it's always a crapshoot. Good luck.

Sakura Wars shot way up. Was $19.99 at the beginning of the promotion, increased to $22.99 making it ineligible for the promo, and now it's $54.99 like a damn new release. Must have been selling like hotcakes to get such a drastic price jump.
I think its because best buy now has it at $59.99. I noticed the same thing with 13 sentinels; it was $24.99 at both stores, and now its back up to $59.99. At least we know their price matching is somewhat working.

Can't really call it a reprint since it's just the GH release. I ordered this like a month ago during the last "Buy X for $Y" sale and got a GH release- exactly as you described though, basically a new copy converted to used. I was pretty surprised because I did not expect this game to meet GH requirements... if one exists.
Sony has just been slapping the gh on games without the sales requirement for whatever reason. Once upon a time it ment the game sold well but now it's random.

Wasn't aware they converted the gh to used. We'll see what I end up getting. As I wouldn't be surprised if it comes disc only in generic case.

It varies game by game. If it's a year older or less then usually it will come with the case. 2 years plus it's unlikely but still possible. Last order I made all 3 games came in the cases but it was something converted to used from new iirc and or dotd.

Question for the elite pro's (you know who you are) for the online certificates you when you redeem your points, what don't they work on or what do they work on if that's a shorter list? I only redeem my certs in store at checkout after I have double check with the associate that'll work for my purchase.

First off, that dude is a troll. He is just going to take the inverse position. The whole job thing doesn't even make any sense considering the point of this site is to save money. From 2010-2015 thanks to Amazon and Gamestop trade ins, I've purchased tens of thousands of dollars in videogames and consoles without spending a single dime and invested my work income. If I didn't do trade in loops, my work income would have went to one or the other.

Secondly, don't use your money, use your trade in credit. With the 30% promo you should be looking at least $78 in credit for the $50+ purchase plus Power Up rewards from the purchase and additional points once you trade the games in. Compound that with multiple trade ins and you'll be overflowing with credit after a few trade ins.

If the values drop before they arrive in the mail, just return the games in store
For a lot of people this isn’t worth it. My TIME is simply more valuable than this. I’m not going to say I never flip. If the Tom Clancy game is selling for $6 at bestbuy and trades in at GS for $22 with bonuses, I’m gonna trade in those 3 and make an easy $48 because it’s easy and takes 15 minutes.

But a lot of people aren’t going to spend time to cull through lists of games, try to find them in stock store or online, hope they arrive in time if orders online and go trade in to make $23 profit per $50 plus tax spent.

For me personally (and a lot of others) that is simply not worth the return on investment.

When the "buy x number of games, get 50% off $19.99" promo coincided with a $5 extra TIC bonus, that was one of the last times it really felt like it was worth it. Mainly because pretty much every game that was between $18-$20 pre-owned was trading in for $16 after bump... and people were trading in like 20 or more games.

Yeah this here right now isn't far off, since it's about 50% profit, but I don't want to get stuck with those specific games. And besides most stores have awful inventory, and it's not the same as it has been in the past when you could go to the store and abuse TF out of it.

For a lot of people this isn’t worth it. My TIME is simply more valuable than this. I’m not going to say I never flip. If the Tom Clancy game is selling for $6 at bestbuy and trades in at GS for $22 with bonuses, I’m gonna trade in those 3 and make an easy $48 because it’s easy and takes 15 minutes.

But a lot of people aren’t going to spend time to cull through lists of games, try to find them in stock store or online, hope they arrive in time if orders online and go trade in to make $23 profit per $50 plus tax spent.

For me personally (and a lot of others) that is simply not worth the return on investment.
Ok.

Gamestop employees have become unbearable to deal with lately. I have to hype myself up in the car before I go in because I know I'm about to have to deal with an absolute goober or a newbie that has no idea what to do.

considering the point of this site is to save money.
Time to call a spade a spade cause I'm tired of seeing this brought up. This site was MEANT to be to save money. It's nothing but collectors/hoarders. People with one of every switch color for each bedroom and then one for work, yeah that's a fine showcase of saving money.

You're saving money on multiple Switch consoles in your example for starters.

The other thing is granting (for this argument) that this site is nothing but collectors/hoarders.....so what? Before the pandemic, I played fighting games for cash at high levels of competition and as a result have an obscene amount of arcade sticks and consoles to bring to meet ups. I've saved ALOT of money with Gamestop/FYE/Best Buy/Amazon trade ins to purchases multiple $200 arcade sticks and $400 consoles for almost pennies that get extensive use. Granted I do buy alot of other games I've never even taken out the shrink wrap....I guess you got me there!

I can assure you I collect/hoard videogames, embrace gaming culture and play them extensively on a level beyond you since the 90's as a kid trying to stay on the Street Fighter II machine for hours on a single quarter. So yeah......your example doesn't hold much weight with me.

Gamestop employees have become unbearable to deal with lately. I have to hype myself up in the car before I go in because I know I'm about to have to deal with an absolute goober or a newbie that has no idea what to do.
Thought I was the only one that was thinking this... for a while, it was nice that they left you mostly alone but now it seems like they're back to trying to make a connection/be your buddy to make a sale.

It is a balance, I have an approximate budget I am willing to spend on games. You can either go the full MSRP route spend $120 and get two games or follow the deals and wait on new releases and get way more options for the same amount of money. I dont think CAG helps you spend less. I used to try not to spend more than $20 a game now it is more like $10. If you are patient almost everything gets there. Might need some luck on first party Nintendo stuff and for limited stuff MSRP is the lowest you are likely to ever pay. Most of the top sellers for each console are the ones that show up at thrift/pawn shops for a few bucks down the road. I am not big on multiplayer so I do not need to play when servers are active, but I understand the need to grab those types of games near release. Black Friday is right around the corner.

Posts like these are both equally interesting and confusing because they are operating under a lot of questionable assumptions.

First, with time. Everyone doesn't have the same obligations or, what I think is the issue here, efficiency and time management skills. If you're spending hours combing through lists of games on GameStop.com, hoping they're in stock and not making use of the website's filters, then it looks to be a matter of a lack of proficiency, not time.

If those games don't arrive in time, then simply return them. It takes a few seconds to make an online order and waiting for them to arrive shouldn't be an issue unless you look outside your window until they arrive. I also don't understand the sentiment of being stuck with them, unless you have crippling social anxiety.

Also, people are collectors. It's a hobby. It may not be your hobby — but hobbies aren't universal.

And this is probably the ultimate underline, but: If you're spending real money (and not literally saving money by using trade credit) at GameStop at this juncture, then you're not the intended audience for some of these posts.

I don't recall the last time I used actual cash at Gamestop other than for something that requires me to be quick and I don't have my trade cards on me. This might vary by state but if you use trade credit to pay for items at Gamestop in total, you aren't charged tax. So I save even more money that way. 

Time is money though but everyone has different time and money that they earn. For me, it's no problem to trade in games and maximize limits / bonuses. But I also am in groups where people post quick flips and strategies to get the most from bonuses. I doubt I spend more than 10 minutes a week going over trade list and promotions though. Helps when you live in an area with multiple Gamestop's within 10 minutes of you. I know some people live in an area where there is only 1 Gamestop that is 30 minutes away from them and that might not be worth it for me.

I won't look down on anyone who thinks it isn't worth their time / money but also won't look down on those that take the time to save more money. 

I don't recall the last time I used actual cash at Gamestop other than for something that requires me to be quick and I don't have my trade cards on me. This might vary by state but if you use trade credit to pay for items at Gamestop in total, you aren't charged tax. So I save even more money that way.
yeah, the tax thing is state related

Time is money though but everyone has different time and money that they earn. For me, it's no problem to trade in games and maximize limits / bonuses. But I also am in groups where people post quick flips and strategies to get the most from bonuses. I doubt I spend more than 10 minutes a week going over trade list and promotions though. Helps when you live in an area with multiple Gamestop's within 10 minutes of you. I know some people live in an area where there is only 1 Gamestop that is 30 minutes away from them and that might not be worth it for me.

I won't look down on anyone who thinks it isn't worth their time / money but also won't look down on those that take the time to save more money.
I think there are two ways to look at it in the grand scheme of things. If you view the company as providing a service to society, heavy flipping could be viewed as just being parasitic to that, potentially killing the service for everyone. If you view the company as trying to extract as much money as possible from an exploitable support base, flipping could be viewed as some kind of safe n easy Butch Cassidy sticking it to the man.

I know people are mostly talking about time versus value right now, but like you said and I totally agree with, that’s just a personal decision largely influenced by income and other opportunities available, and pretty irrelevant to anyone else.

Another argument to flesh out the time management aspect of the discussion is that nobody on here has any other marketable skills they could be using their spare time for, thus they trade real cash for Gamestop credit and risk getting banned because of it. If you developed and marketed anything supplemental to your actual job, then you most likely wouldn't be wasting all that time looking for games to flip to Gamestop for a 1.5x trade credit return at best.

Yet another facet to the discussion is how close people live to these Gamestops. Not everyone has two Gamestops within a 30-minute detour of their daily routine. I'd consider anything more than 30 minutes a waste of time and gas, and the small returns being reported in these threads aren't even worth that trip.

Good to see more people acknowledge that there are real ways of making actual money as a side hustle. And then there's Gamestop trade-ins, which are closer to collecting bottles than anything.

Amazing how you guys can’t go 2 weeks without reminding everyone how valuable your time is…while you waste your time making no money or skills by posting here. Talk about deals, say something nice, or don’t say anything at all.

Redeemed my pro renewal receipt $5 over the weekend for Xbox credit. It’s nice doing the store pickup orders since the transaction is done they don’t ask about warranties. Hope we get a trade bonus weekend so I can dump some Wii games while I still can. Can’t believe Mario kart Wii costs more than Mario kart switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back