2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone able to trade toward madden this week and get the 30% PRO trade bump? I’ve got some 3DS and Wii games - thank you!
Not Madden, but I did get 20% + 10% Pro last night for trading a 3DS game towards Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut on PS5. Madden triggered the bonus finally last week, so I imagine it would still do so this week.

Well that's a new one, got my "new" copy of deadly premonition 2 from gamestop today and it did not have the "new" sticker, but had signs that the sticker had been removed with the gross half circle residue. Not to mention a big gouge in the front into the cover art. I can't imagine I could return this as it clearly looks like I took the sticker off and opened it. Gamestop keeps finding new ways to screw me.

Well that's a new one, got my "new" copy of deadly premonition 2 from gamestop today and it did not have the "new" sticker, but had signs that the sticker had been removed with the gross half circle residue. Not to mention a big gouge in the front into the cover art. I can't imagine I could return this as it clearly looks like I took the sticker off and opened it. Gamestop keeps finding new ways to screw me.
Another person in a S&M relationship with GameStop.

Why wouldn't you be able to return it? Online receipts don't say whether a game is used or new. I've never had a problem returning a new game without a seal.

Why wouldn't you be able to return it? Online receipts don't say whether a game is used or new. I've never had a problem returning a new game without a seal.
depends on the employees at your store. might be better off just doing the return through gamestop.com

Definitely not. Doing ship-back online returns is common sense last resort for all retailers except the ones that don't offer an alternative.
Why? Their online return is pretty good. You get a prepaid label and drop it off to fedex. I understand you might want to go in person to ensure you get an actual "new" copy but their online return system actually works well.

They can look up your order in their system in store now to see what you paid and new/used. I probably could convince my main store to take it in as they are cool, not sure if it's worth the hassle for $18 though.

Can anyone tell me if this will work?  Trying to order a game from GS for $10 but I dont want to pay ectra for shipping.  Can I order game and order another so its $35+ for free shipping and then return the 2nd game to store for refund?

Did anyone get any instances of Borderlands 3 automatically triggering the $5 bonus yet? Or so far just YMMV associates manually adjusting it for them?

Yeah, was good when it was 8.99, but price is 18.99 now, price changed late morning yesterday. With 20% off on 2 or more 19.99 and under it was pretty good. I passed on it personally.

Good news is there are a number of trade value changes today and actually a lot of increases, $1-3 or so. A number of switch games increased to $27. So could get $35.10 with 30% preorder bonus or $34.70 with $5 bonus. It's been awhile since I did a 30% bonus, so I don't recall if the 10% bag bonus stacks, but I want to say it doesn't. If it did, then you would get $37.80. Not super amazing like we had when switch values were $35 base value, but kind of doubtful those will return any time soon.

Does GS gut special editions, too? I haven't bought a new game in ages, but wouldn't mind picking up TLOU2: Special Edition for $40, assuming it's actually sealed. 

Does GS gut special editions, too? I haven't bought a new game in ages, but wouldn't mind picking up TLOU2: Special Edition for $40, assuming it's actually sealed.
giphy.gif

Random thought - anyone that bought way too many copies of Civ VI for switch during the 50% off sales and Fallout 76 for $0.03 can trade a couple in this week.  :cold:

Also, never go for a pre-owned limited or special edition. They don’t exist separate from the regular version of the games in their pre-owned database from what I can tell. You have just as much chance to randomly receive the special edition buying the regular edition of anything pre-owned. For example, the only pre-owned copies of world of final fantasy for the PS4 they sell are listed as the limited edition, but store associates will kindly explain your an idiot if you actually thought that’s what you were buying. Sonic Mania plus is another example, probably tons more.

Also, never go for a pre-owned limited or special edition. They don’t exist separate from the regular version of the games in their pre-owned database from what I can tell. You have just as much chance to randomly receive the special edition buying the regular edition of anything pre-owned. For example, the only pre-owned copies of world of final fantasy for the PS4 they sell are listed as the limited edition, but store associates will kindly explain your an idiot if you actually thought that’s what you were buying. Sonic Mania plus is another example, probably tons more.
Ahh yes, the old bait & switch.

Is there a limit? If I ask for PM a stack of games would that be an issue?
I mostly have done it 1 or 2 games at a time. During the B2G1 sale 2 months ago (Memorial Day?) I surprisingly got the GM to price match 3 switch games that were all cheaper online AND still got the B2G1 promo. It was when Let's Go Pikachu was $32 before discounts and trading in for base $27. I did it for one game yesterday. I just said the game was cheaper online but there was no option for BOPIS, they checked to confirm, and said they'd adjust it.

Not sure about everyone else's gamestops, but over the last month or so all the stores in the region were told specifically to no longer display anything older than PS4 or XB1, so everything 3DS, Wii, PS3, 360, etc are now hidden in the drawers. They *ARE* still taking in older titles for trade ins, so I've taken to just asking to see the drawer when I drop by.. and finally found something I've been meaning to add to the shelf - unfortunately no promos to use, and I didnt change my birthday in time *cough* so had to pay the full $50-$5 monthly for it.  :oldman:

IYxJHVh.png

My gamestops wont even check the drawers if you ask, they just tell you whatever is on the shelves is what they have. 

But I know there's gold in them drawers, I just know it. 

Not sure about everyone else's gamestops, but over the last month or so all the stores in the region were told specifically to no longer display anything older than PS4 or XB1, so everything 3DS, Wii, PS3, 360, etc are now hidden in the drawers. They *ARE* still taking in older titles for trade ins, so I've taken to just asking to see the drawer when I drop by.. and finally found something I've been meaning to add to the shelf - unfortunately no promos to use, and I didnt change my birthday in time *cough* so had to pay the full $50-$5 monthly for it. :oldman:

IYxJHVh.png
Steelbook version too, very nice! Hopefully Some rarer games are easier to find now if not being displaye. However, I'd rather they just update in store inventory online then have to ask for a list in store only to see all they have is 10 copies of Cory in the House.

Not sure about everyone else's gamestops, but over the last month or so all the stores in the region were told specifically to no longer display anything older than PS4 or XB1, so everything 3DS, Wii, PS3, 360, etc are now hidden in the drawers. They *ARE* still taking in older titles for trade ins, so I've taken to just asking to see the drawer when I drop by.. and finally found something I've been meaning to add to the shelf - unfortunately no promos to use, and I didnt change my birthday in time *cough* so had to pay the full $50-$5 monthly for it. :oldman:

IYxJHVh.png
My biggest regret in gaming was trading a sealed copy of this and a sealed copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for the 360 for a PS4 right after the PS4 launch. I still have the preorder bonus T-shirt and poster up in my attic somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back